• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Poll: Would You Elect to Play PVE-Only BDO If Given The Option?

Poll: Would You Elect to Play PVE-Only BDO If Given The Option?   2,768 votes

1. 1. Would You Elect to Play PVE-Only BDO If Given The Option?

• Yes, I would prefer if BDO had a PVE server.
    • Yes, I would prefer if BDO had a PVP-off toggle while maintaining current server structure.
    • Yes, I would prefer if BDO had a couple of channels per server that were PVE only.
    • No, I bought this game primarily for the PVP experience.
    • No, someday I might want to participate in PVP and would like the structure to stay as it is.
    • No, I feel that all PVE players are noob-carebear-casuals who deserve to be the bottomfeeders they are.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

864 posts in this topic

Posted

So, there's a lot of debate regarding whether or not PVE servers would be welcome in the BDO universe. Let's see where the community opinion falls, shall we? Cast your vote!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

"No, I feel that all PVE players are noob-carebear-casuals who deserve to be the bottomfeeders they are."

Dude absolutely, i mean honestly this game was made for pvp with influence of pve to make silver to buy or make better gear. after gear... then what, you have max everything with the same mobs/bosses to kill. pvp is the bomb diggity 

Edited by Freakeh
7 people like this

Posted

Would these "PvE" servers/channels have consensual PvP  i.e. GvG and the node wars ?

1 person likes this

Posted

Would these "PvE" servers/channels have consensual PvP  i.e. GvG and the node wars ?

Yes, that would be the ideal.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes, that would be the ideal.

Pls explain how would that work in an "all-consensual" enviroment

Posted

Pls explain how would that work in an "all-consensual" enviroment

Toggled On-Off PVP.

Posted

If it means actually improving PvE aspects in general (trade, markets, gathering, crafting, etc.), then sure.

Posted (edited)

Yes, I would prefer if BDO had a PVP-off toggle while maintaining current server structure.

This option would have devastating effects for everyone.

Edited by Sigilor
1 person likes this

Posted

Toggled On-Off PVP.

*Duh*
I mean explain in detail what would happen and what would compel players to use these features. You can't just go around changing game features without thinkin through completely how would they work.
Like for example, my guild gets into a node war, we get the nodes we want and simply toggle off PvP and refuse to fight. What's to stop us from keeping these nodes forever?

Posted

I like how all the options are totally reasonable sounding, and the poll does not make the pollster's own opinion super obvious

16 people like this

Posted

*Duh*I mean explain in detail what would happen and what would compel players to use these features. You can't just go around changing game features without thinkin through completely how would they work.
Like for example, my guild gets into a node war, we get the nodes we want and simply toggle off PvP and refuse to fight. What's to stop us from keeping these nodes forever?

Exactly. "Okay guys, we'll go to this spot and take everything from this group already there, but keep your PVP off so they can't hurt us. Huehue"

1 person likes this

Posted

*Duh*I mean explain in detail what would happen and what would compel players to use these features. You can't just go around changing game features without thinkin through completely how would they work.

Erm thought they worked by defending said area if no one is there to defend it the attackers just walk up and YOINK its now theirs

Posted

Exactly. "Okay guys, we'll go to this spot and take everything from this group already there, but keep your PVP off so they can't hurt us. Huehue"

Exactly. that would only encourage PvE griefing wich is a bigger plague than PvP. Atleast you can somehow get rid of the bastards in "non-consensual" PvP.

3 people like this

Posted

Why always one or the other? Imo a good MMO should have both, at least give people the option. No one really forcing you to do either, right?

7 people like this

Posted

Erm thought they worked by defending said area if no one is there to defend it the attackers just walk up and YOINK its now theirs

Yh that's the current "You want it? Come and get it!" system. But OP wants to change it. So I wanna know how would it work in toggle on/off PvP.

Posted

Firstly, I put up the poll to see the numbers. Not to debate how something would be implemented. I don't have the time nor patience to write a detailed system that only a handful of people will ever read or skim over and then immediately jump into flaming whatever the system was. I'll humor the immediacy of your question and simply state it's not difficult to make nodes reset at a particular time every week and if a guild wants them, they must go participate in PVP battle. 

2 people like this

Posted

While i can see people getting frustrated over this it would kill immersion and it would kill whatever server you guys played on, it would end up dying down really quick.

The game is designed to have limited resources, this isnt some kind of themepark where theres a set amount of instances for everyone to farm their PvE top tier super shiny gear from, this game is designed this way so that pvp can be sparked and people can fight over the zones, i honestly dont understand what your mind set was while going into this game with the attitude that you guys have...You knew the game had open world pvp...There was no official hints or anything at the fact that you might of gotten a PvE server, if you go to Mediah ( just an example ) right now and try to farm somewhere you best be ready to fight over the grinding spot, because everyone is trying to gear up right now.

Its survival of the fittest and those who came prepared have the best chance of getting ahead.

TL:DR 

Stop making 30 posts about this on a daily basis and open your eyes and try to understand how this game was designed and sit down and think about if this is a game for you or not....Farming is not the only form of progression, Remember that

7 people like this

Posted

Ya know, it's very simple. It's very very simple.

We don't need pve servers or channels. We don't need the dumb karma system. Just disable non-consensual pvp in the open world. You can't attack a player who did not elect to participate in pvp.

This will solve all the problems and stop the qq.

11 people like this

Posted

This game is successor of old good PvP games like L2 and EVE. OWPvP is reason why I play this game

Posted

imho, as long as they dont correctly change all their crap gear >>>>>>>>>>>> skill.

I would prefer see a " turn off pvp option" ( but as i say several time when speaking about that, it would need to have strict rules like : if you set pvp off you cant turn it back during a whole week and vice versa. Like that ppl will have to really choose, and most player arent going to use that )

Not that i fear pvp or whatever else, just the current game setting about "pvp" & gear is ( personal opinion ) dumb, and turn the pvp just pointless.

1 person likes this

Posted

Firstly, I put up the poll to see the numbers. Not to debate how something would be implemented. I don't have the time nor patience to write a detailed system that only a handful of people will ever read or skim over and then immediately jump into flaming whatever the system was. I'll humor the immediacy of your question and simply state it's not difficult to make nodes reset at a particular time every week and if a guild wants them, they must go participate in PVP battle. 

Why should a node reset automatically if my guild won it? It'd be like saying, "Hey, I know you worked hard to buy that house there, but you see in 2 weeks we'll put it up for auction. if you want to keep it, outbid the competitors."

Posted

Ya know, it's very simple. It's very very simple.

We don't need pve servers or channels. We don't need the dumb karma system. Just disable non-consensual pvp in the open world. You can't attack a player who did not elect to participate in pvp.

This will solve all the problems and stop the qq.

Will also kill any competetive potential this game would have period.

Posted (edited)

I like how all the options are totally reasonable sounding, and the poll does not make the pollster's own opinion super obvious

I wasn't aware we were in college and I was conducting a scientific study. Besides, anyone who reads these forums all ready knows where I stand. Better to be blatant.

Edited by ARCHEVALKYRIE

Posted

So basically you made a poll about options that are not even a possibility. Nice legit numbers m8.
Not to mention you'd be using the same "You want it? Come and get it!" system which is in the game now and is apparently the problem with all you PvE-ers.
Also this

Posted

Yh that's the current "You want it? Come and get it!" system. But OP wants to change it. So I wanna know how would it work in toggle on/off PvP.

Ahh I was more thinking if you went for the node or defended the node PvP was on in that area that being the option you fight or you don't. Not being able to toggle PvP off or on.