• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Poll: Would You Elect to Play PVE-Only BDO If Given The Option?

Poll: Would You Elect to Play PVE-Only BDO If Given The Option?   2,768 votes

1. 1. Would You Elect to Play PVE-Only BDO If Given The Option?

• Yes, I would prefer if BDO had a PVE server.
    • Yes, I would prefer if BDO had a PVP-off toggle while maintaining current server structure.
    • Yes, I would prefer if BDO had a couple of channels per server that were PVE only.
    • No, I bought this game primarily for the PVP experience.
    • No, someday I might want to participate in PVP and would like the structure to stay as it is.
    • No, I feel that all PVE players are noob-carebear-casuals who deserve to be the bottomfeeders they are.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

864 posts in this topic

Posted

People don't realize that by seperating PvE from PvP you make Pve easier. That means the hardcore no-life guilds will dominate the server even more because they will now farm the PvE channels uncontested. You PvE-ers never consider the fact that you're playing a multiplayer game, all you think about is your own selfish shortsighted PvE.

You don't want a pve server, you will never be able to compete with the big guilds for farm spots on those either, with the added problem that no one will be able to do anything about those guilds dominating the farm spots. This game has no instanced content, so  you will be digging your own grave.

1 person likes this

Posted

Let me worry about what am I missing out on. I can count cons and pros and decide for myself. Again, I dont *have* to accept anything just because somebody says so.

nah I care about your gaming experience Kat. And I can tell you first hand that you are in fact missing out.

Your extremely weak mindset keeps you from fully experiencing the game.

At least try to accept it guuurrl.

1 person likes this

Posted

Segregation is bad.

Posted

Maybe offline, because without PvP the game is singleplayer.

Posted (edited)

Maybe offline, because without PvP the game is singleplayer.

You cannot figure how much i would have loved to play this game offline!!!

I don't give a shit about grouping.

Alas no single player game has the beauty,the deep,the combat mechanics of BDO.

Most of the time on other MMO,i fight solo vs 3~5...on those game i don't ask for PVE channel/server because you can trade with people,because price is not locked at AH,because you can play economics.

It's easy to buy a good armor/weapon to protect my ass against gankers because price is cheap for gear.

Here,it's impossible,i need to work IRL,i have friends IRL...i cannot live in the world of BDO H24 and so i never be able to catch the AP/DP to protect myself quickly.

I don't want to kill a group all by myself,i would like to not be one shooted by brainless nolifer...Gear/Level is too important,the PVP is broken and i would prefer never touch it.

Edited by Honeysuckle

Posted

omg.... these unsocial unskilled carebears....go and play sims 

Posted (edited)

omg.... these unsocial unskilled carebears....go and play sims 

I'm skilled but under-geared...here is the problem.

PVP here is for unskilled piece of crap with no life.

I made tons of money from fishing at launch,i have decent gear but not a lot of blackstones and no time to grind H24.

I'm not LV45 because i play 5 characters and explore a lot to never reach the F**** 45 level!

PVP is broken,broken,broken...just look at the PVP section.

Edited by Honeysuckle

Posted (edited)

Obvously topic starter is a pve and made pve options make more sense, ridicilous.

I would never play on a pve only server myself

Edited by Laner

Posted

Where is the "I researched the game before buying and understood that PvP was part of it so its all good" option?

Posted

People don't realize that by seperating PvE from PvP you make Pve easier. That means the hardcore no-life guilds will dominate the server even more because they will now farm the PvE channels uncontested. You PvE-ers never consider the fact that you're playing a multiplayer game, all you think about is your own selfish shortsighted PvE.

You don't want a pve server, you will never be able to compete with the big guilds for farm spots on those either, with the added problem that no one will be able to do anything about those guilds dominating the farm spots. This game has no instanced content, so  you will be digging your own grave.

Agree, personaly i'am totaly opposed to pve / pvp channel or so.

Even tho i agree with a opt out pvp. That's why i made a suggestion here ( why not like it sometime : ] )

Posted (edited)

Where is the "I researched the game before buying and understood that PvP was part of it so its all good" option?

Give me the enable quest PVP like Korea,Give me Karma penalty like Korea and money to sustain Guild Wars like Korea and i turn all my negative comments to love for the OWPVP!

GIVE ME THE ORIGINAL GAME I BOUGHT !!!!

Edit:And do something about Gear ------------------------------------->Level ---------------->Skill

Edited by Honeysuckle

Posted

Why do PVP-centric players care so much about these polls? If they gave a server to PVE-centric players what effect does that have on you? I am confused most by this because it makes no sense to me in terms of the game. You log in to a PVE server then that is what you expect, PVP players would not be forced into PVE only servers, its a choice.. If the PVE-centric players want that I see no reason why not give it to them.

Posted

Why do PVP-centric players care so much about these polls? If they gave a server to PVE-centric players what effect does that have on you? I am confused most by this because it makes no sense to me in terms of the game. You log in to a PVE server then that is what you expect, PVP players would not be forced into PVE only servers, its a choice.. If the PVE-centric players want that I see no reason why not give it to them.

Because given the choice, the majority of players will roll on a PvE server simply because it is more convenient. Even those who are mainly interested in PvP might be forced to move servers because of social reasons. (friends, guild, etc.)

I haven't voted on this poll even though I would also like to see a PvE only option because I don't think the solution is as simple as turning off all PvP for a whole server/channel. There would need to be a whole lot of tuning and work coming from the devs and I really doubt they have the capacity or even the interest to work on an entirely PvE ruleset. A proper flagging system in the current servers would be my ideal, perhaps something similar to the system in SWG. But that would change the game for everyone and I'm not sure the game's current design and upcoming content would work with it.

Posted

Too many useless options. Make it easy, yes or no, dont wanna why

Posted

Where does it clearly state? Please give me a link.

Besides I dont "have" to accept anything. 

To true. I hope you get whatever it is you want.

Posted

To true. I hope you get whatever it is you want.

Level 50 PvP lockout quest please, thank you :) 

Posted

I'm skilled but under-geared...here is the problem.

PVP here is for unskilled piece of crap with no life.

I made tons of money from fishing at launch,i have decent gear but not a lot of blackstones and no time to grind H24.

I'm not LV45 because i play 5 characters and explore a lot to never reach the F**** 45 level!

PVP is broken,broken,broken...just look at the PVP section.

yes  pvp is broken atm but there are ways to fix it ...

pve servers are no option 

Posted (edited)

Lets make PVE a quest option at 49.

Now, keep gear modification PVP only, You must flag PVP to upgrade and enhance gear.

I hope PVE players agree with this, I'm sure they would NOT want an advantage in gearing out, against people playing the game as intended.

To have a PVE option, to gear out under PVE w/o dealing with other people, is a distinct advantage, and should be the  only reason given and needed to quell this argument.

You want PVE to make it EASY to get max gear. You want to give yourself an advantage.

And for that, you are misguided, lost, ignorant, lazy, and bottom line is, this probably isn't the game for you.

Edited by Concubine

Posted

Lets make PVE a quest option at 49.

Now, keep gear modification PVP only, You must flag PVP to upgrade and enhance gear.

I hope PVE players agree with this, I'm sure they would NOT want an advantage in gearing out, against people playing the game as intended.

To have a PVE option, to gear out under PVE w/o dealing with other people, is a distinct advantage, and should be the only and only reason given and needed to quell this argument.

You want PVE to make it EASY to get max gear. You want to give yourself an advantage.

And for that, you are misguided, lost, ignorant, lazy, and bottom line is, this probably isn't the game for you.

So.. PvE and save up LOTS of mats then toggle PvP and instauppgrade everything to +15/+20 or whatever.

How does that change anything?

Posted

There are some things that I really dislike about the current system but I honestly think that having a PvE only option would simply be a bad option. First, there is not enough PvE content that would sustain the population over time. The risk associated with open world PvP at least keeps things from becoming dull. Yes, there are times where I am PK'd while grinding, farming, and so on, but it is just part of the game so no point in getting overly worked up about it.  

I also don't know how you could effectively do node wars and guild wars if you have an option to switch to PvE only. If anything the PvP content needs to be expanded so there are lots of outlets for PvP combat. Maybe then people would have more interesting things to do then go around and PK'ing people who are working on the PvE side of the game.

Posted

Ohhh you tricked me into thinking you are an actual human being. How clever of you. You win the forum PvP have a cookie.

Moron. 

The only moron I see here is you.

All you do is bang on about how to change the game to be more carebear friendly?

Well guess what cupcake it is never going to happen, you think they would ever change the quest back after they talked of making the game more pvp friendly before launch? 
Are you too stupid to understand the backlash that would cause for daum? 

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8044-updated-v20-bounty-hunters-karma-and-flagging-discussion/

They are planing on relaxing the pvp ruleset even further and here you are whinging like a lost child? Constantly? 
You are -----ing boring. Get over it.

Moron. 

Posted

because even though we hate you we need you to survive.

Posted

It looks like it's 50/50

Posted

Because given the choice, the majority of players will roll on a PvE server simply because it is more convenient. Even those who are mainly interested in PvP might be forced to move servers because of social reasons. (friends, guild, etc.)

I haven't voted on this poll even though I would also like to see a PvE only option because I don't think the solution is as simple as turning off all PvP for a whole server/channel. There would need to be a whole lot of tuning and work coming from the devs and I really doubt they have the capacity or even the interest to work on an entirely PvE ruleset. A proper flagging system in the current servers would be my ideal, perhaps something similar to the system in SWG. But that would change the game for everyone and I'm not sure the game's current design and upcoming content would work with it.

So then you are saying the community is a PVE community and PVP players are grieving others, why else would you be forced to move to another server. No player would be FORCED to do anything. If the community is as big on PVP as it is believed to be then they should be fine and numbers on the PVE server should be low.

because even though we hate you we need you to survive.

Why do you need PVE players to survive. If the game community is as PVP centric as you say then you should be good. carebears would be out of your way to PVP. The logic make no sense. BTW I am not one of the players who only want a PVE option. I want a valid RP option. MMOs and the new player base seem to have forgotten that aspect. I do not mind PVP at all, but when it is just an idiot running around doing it for no reason and wanting no repercussion then I mind it.

The logic that you need carebears to survive however is just poor logic. It seems if you need them then you should not be such an ass whether in forum or in game.

Posted (edited)

Who do you think does all the crafting? Who levels horses? Collects materials?  PvE players do. They love what I find mind numbling boring.  I don't actually hate pve hell I like them. They enjoy a different aspect of the game. But they still love the same game I do.

Edited by Ghostlight