• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Poll: Would You Elect to Play PVE-Only BDO If Given The Option?

Poll: Would You Elect to Play PVE-Only BDO If Given The Option?   2,768 votes

1. 1. Would You Elect to Play PVE-Only BDO If Given The Option?

• Yes, I would prefer if BDO had a PVE server.
    • Yes, I would prefer if BDO had a PVP-off toggle while maintaining current server structure.
    • Yes, I would prefer if BDO had a couple of channels per server that were PVE only.
    • No, I bought this game primarily for the PVP experience.
    • No, someday I might want to participate in PVP and would like the structure to stay as it is.
    • No, I feel that all PVE players are noob-carebear-casuals who deserve to be the bottomfeeders they are.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

864 posts in this topic

Posted

You mean, you like the "having to bash pve mob like a bot software more hours than your opponent in order to pvp win" ?

Yes. This is an MMORPG. Those that invest time into braindead grind gain "experience" for their characters, because the virtual game characters get stronger when they kill many things. Time = effort = reward. Not a hard concept to grasp.

You like to pray rngesus in order to get the biggest dong.. enchant value on your gear.

No where in my post did I praise the RNG mechanic, but for the sake of argument luck is also a virtue. If someone got lucky and has a stronger weapon than you, no matter how unfair it is in your eyes, that person is still stronger and Survival of the Fittest applies.

And all that, without the intervention of personal skill ?

Again, this is an MMO. Time = reward. Not skill = reward. If you want a skill based game, play MOBAs or First Person Shooters. This is a game where even the unskilled and low-reflex people in their 50s can have an even fighting ground, because they are not using their own skill but rather the skill of their virtual game character. In MMOs, Skill is an advantage, not a necessity.

I dont see any survival of the fittest mechanic here, only the : "survival of the longest time online mechanic"

You don't see it because you're too ignorant to look for it. Fit does not equal skilled. Fit equals adapted. The "fittest" people in BDO are not those that are skilled, but those that have invested time into progressing their virtual characters. In essence, "Survival of the Longest Time Online" mechanic is the same as "Survival of the Fittest" here in Black Desert Online. You may disagree with me, and that is okay, but this is how the game works and if you cannot accept that then you should find a more enjoyable game for your tastes.

In that case, yeah, i prefer to be a "carebear" prefering a way to avoid that "pvp" parody. but better have a pvp switch :P

I see you were just triggered by me calling PvE-only players for carebears. Well first off - no offence intended - I did not ask for what you prefer to be called. I will call a shovel for a shovel. But bear in mind that I am in favour of carebear-players getting their own PvE-only server, I see no issue with it. Let players enjoy their game the way they want to, as long as they do it in an environment that caters to their needs (hence, their own PvE-only server), right?

I sincerely hope that one day you will be able to enjoy the game without the PvP players ruining it for you.

Posted (edited)

Like you mean "I prefer to be protected by the game and not my own actions while I do other stuff and be able to do the exact same thing as everyone one else when I feel that my balls have grown confident enough" ?

This game of making random traductions of what people meant is fun.

I dont have any issues at all with pvp ( otherwise i wouldnt have bought BDO in the first place ), i actualy played more pvp games in my gaming life than anything else.

The issues are the dumb """"pvp""" setting of BDO ( gear2win, rng cc immu, broken AP - DP balance, hidden stat.. etc etc )

So yeah, as long as this game promote more the time spend on the games than the real skill, there is no point of """pvping""" here.

Yes. This is an MMORPG.

+

Again, this is an MMO. Time = reward. Not skill = reward.

You have mmorpg that promote skill over brainless mob bashing to pvp win. So like in the first place beeing an mmo is not an excuse nor a valid point to promote such pvp parody.

No where in my post did I praise the RNG mechanic

It doesnt change that its an VERY important part of that game. So in pvp ( enchant - CC immu )

You don't see it because you're too ignorant to look for it.

There isnt any survival of the fittest. Its only more time you spend bashing pve mob, more powerfull you are in pvp.

You dont need to be smart, nor skilled, as i said numerous time, a player could be the dumbest person in the world, as long as he grinded way more hours than his opponent he is going to have a insane advantage.

Its like saying : because i watched a basketball ball, during 500 more hours than you i will beat you on the field ? well, guess what, things doesnt work like that :]

Edited by woots

Posted

I dont have any issues at all with pvp ( otherwise i wouldnt have bought BDO in the first place ), i actualy played more pvp games in my gaming life than anything else.

The issues are the dumb """"pvp""" setting of BDO ( gear2win, rng cc immu, broken AP - DP balance, hidden stat.. etc etc )

So yeah, as long as this game promote more the time spend on the games than the real skill, there is no point of """pvping""" here.

Which looks like exactly what I said. You want a special status to avoid other players until you feel "geared enough".

Posted

The only thing dumber than the term "carebear" are those who choose to self-identify as such.

That's all I got, other than what I already gave in this and some of the multitudes of other threads on this subject. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Which looks like exactly what I said. You want a special status to avoid other players until you feel "geared enough".

If by special status you mean, dont be part of that no-skill-requiered-pvp. Yes.

Its not because i fear it, or whatever else, its just that i consider thoses "pvp" setting as boring and pointless ( even if i also said numerous time, that is kinda sad because the BDO base gameplay have everything to offer a real skilled pvp )

But if you like that much this kind of lazy pvp, well, then good for you and have fun. But considering how crap the pvp setting are in that game, yeah a way to avoid that ( unless they correctly rework somes points of the game ) would be a must.

Posted

You give us "smart " poll. Next time youu can use this:

Would You Elect to Play PVE-Only BDO If Given The Option?

- Yes

- yeah

- Give PvE server now!

- I am idi*t and I don't like this idea. NO

Maybe you will win if you use more negative words and less "no" options. :D

What is the point? Why do you want limited game with "no balls" system? Why did you chose "PvP" game if you don't like this 0,1% chance to fight in open world pvp?

Posted (edited)

This poll actually shows:

1. PVP minded players are as many as the PVE minded players. The PVE-rs are probably slightly more than the PVP-rs.

2. Griefers are 13%

3. Hardcore PVPers are 16%.

Edited by Isteria

Posted

If by special status you mean, dont be part of that no-skill-requiered-pvp. Yes.

Its not because i fear it, or whatever else, its just that i consider thoses "pvp" setting as boring and pointless ( even if i also said numerous time, that is kinda sad because the BDO base gameplay have everything to offer a real skilled pvp )

But if you like that much this kind of lazy pvp, well, then good for you and have fun. But considering how crap the pvp setting are in that game, yeah a way to avoid that ( unless they correctly rework somes points of the game ) would be a must.

By special status I mean you want to achieve the same thing as everyone but not in the same conditions.

The skills required in this game to pvp aren't about beating your opponent 1v1 (you still need to know what to do but that's not the main point), because, just like you said, the game isn't balanced around it. It's an open world pvp game with gear progression. Not an MMORPG with equalized battleground/arena or a moba.

So I will make a wild guess and say that it looks like you are mostly a solo player and should try to join a fun and good guild to start seeing some more value in this game.

Posted

voted for toggle. that way you can afk fish./ autopath without douchebags killing you when you're afk at work or sleep.

Have the toggle be not-applicable in hunting spots and many areas though so you cannot be an asshat an kill steal mobs at hunt areas.

or just fix a way for afk people to not be killed if they have had no input to the game for over 10 minutes (afk)

Posted

or just fix a way for afk people to not be killed if they have had no input to the game for over 10 minutes (afk)

There is one, you just can't use it to make millions.

Posted

The only thing dumber than the term "carebear" are those who choose to self-identify as such.

This.

Posted (edited)

By special status I mean you want to achieve the same thing as everyone but not in the same conditions.

Well, pvp "on" / "off" is personal choice and personal fun.

I said that NUMEROUS time, but if you consider that its a "risk" to live in the game pvp on, then cool for you ( considering, ofc, you have fun playing like that otherwise that would be stupid )

Personaly, pvp, because somes games setting, i dont consider that as a risk, but pointless, and a waste of time. ( again, i like pvp a lot, but in that game its dumb )

You think beeing "pked" is a risk ? same thing, i personaly think its another waste of time and pointless activity ( considering the "pk for my grind spot thing" since that's the only thing that look to matter for most ppl )

Because

Just with that, you get how pointless it is.

So yeah, no risk, just... boring.

The skills required in this game to pvp aren't about beating your opponent 1v1 (you still need to know what to do but that's not the main point), because, just like you said, the game isn't balanced around it. It's an open world pvp game with gear progression. Not an MMORPG with equalized battleground/arena or a moba.

So I will make a wild guess and say that it looks like you are mostly a solo player and should try to join a fun and good guild to start seeing some more value in this game.

Where did i spoke about 1v1 only ?

its the same thing for "mass" pvp, you need teamplay / organization / communication and so personal skill to have a good group play. ( i spend 4+ years on gw1 gvg-ing in top 100ladder, so i experienced quite a lot demanding teamplay... )

And same thing, if you dont have balance for gear - stat - no CC break control and so on, what happen in 1v1, also happen in larger pvp scale.

So if a guild pve grinded way more than another, that guild could have the dumbest idiot, thoses guys would win because its how the game work and that, whatever if the other guild have way smarter player.  ( whatever if its "large scale" 1v1 issue will also apply in that case )

Edited by woots

Posted

At first I voted for a pvp toggle, like a lot of other MMOs have implemented from the beginning of their design, but as time has gone on I have completely changed my mind. I don't think it should be changed because unless you have played the other versions of BDO, you have no idea what is still ahead as far as content. I want to play the game the way it was designed to be played and not have the experience altered at the whim of a bunch of loud mouthed forum whiners (All MMO forums have them, and if this offend you, you are probably one of them.) who don't even have an idea of where the game is heading when it catches up to the original game in Korea.

Posted (edited)

* snip *

So you mean that at level 55, losing 5% XP (a PKer at 300K karma can roughly kill you 5 times before getting into negative karma) has no consequences ? It takes roughly 2 hours on one of the best spot with a party of five guys and using xp buffs to get them back, not a couple of minutes like the post you quoted suggest... So, I'm sorry to disagree but to me there are risks involved. Not counting that if you die to a mob while being attacked in pvp, you may lose gems which can be unique and/or cost more than a million. And yes, I have fun with that because otherwise it would just be a matter of mashing my keyboard long enough to get my level.

GvG isn't just throwing yourself at the other guilds when you decided it was "pvp time". It also involve securing/impairing your/competing guild's grind/world bosses/guild bosses/etc. GW doesn't even remotely relates to BDO in anyway with its organized PvP (I'm not saying one is better than the other though, it's a matter of taste). The PvP in BDO isn't "fair" (what you would call "balanced") on purpose. Why would you get involved in PvE otherwise if it wasn't giving you anything directly usable in PvP ? "Fairness" has no place in OWPVP where you are always trying to get an edge (level, gear and skill points in our case).

Sure, individual skill and gear will matter but unless the weaker guilds try to compete for the bests nodes/castle (there should be enough nodes for everyone to experience the wars at their level and sieges can involve multiple attacking guilds I think), geared guilds should fight other geared guilds. But when 30/50/80 players have to coordinate themselves in a guild battle in the open world with group of classes having widely different abilities, mounted combat, terrain and weather affecting movement/combat, etc, it isn't just "teamplay" anymore.

At this point, unless I misunderstood you, we may just have to agree to disagree on what PvP is about in this game.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

If they put all the carebears on a seperate server who would we afk kill or use a matchlock to shoot them off their horse? Please don't go! 

Posted

If they put all the carebears on a seperate server who would we afk kill or use a matchlock to shoot them off their horse? Please don't go! 

Not helping. xD

Posted

Not helping. xD

haha I tried. But really there should be an achievement for knocking x amount of players off their horse with a matchlock. It's BDOs most upcoming sport. 

Posted

haha I tried. But really there should be an achievement for knocking x amount of players off their horse with a matchlock. It's BDOs most upcoming sport. 

Ah, so you're the one responsible for all of these threads. :P

1 person likes this

Posted

I voted for toggle....because getting shotgunned off my horse while I'm trying to level life skills is not fun.  #RangerHate

Posted (edited)

without the ability to pk someone how would you stop relentless kill stealing and passive aggressive -----(rhymes with buck) wittery

Edited by Fezzie Modo

Posted

without the ability to pk someone how would you stop relentless kill stealing and passive aggressive ----- wittery

I see more passive aggressive shit among gankers than anyone else. Besides what happened to multiplayer in MMO? They are not just memememe MY mobs, ever heard of inviting someone to group and do stuff together? Your selfishness and egocentrism should not be catered to.

So pls 9_9

Posted

The game encourages too much afk play to allow people to just kill one another whenever. I need to ride my horse in circles for 52 hours? Fine. I'll do it while I'm sleeping and while I'm working. Oh, someone can just kill me five minutes into it and waste my entire night of leveling? Yeah, that doesn't work for me. Same problem with fishing. They could just increase safe zones to most of the newbie areas, people are usually fishing by Velia or Oliva, and people level their mounts by Heidel. The main objection for people who want to be able to PK is to defend their level 50 farming spots, so I don't see why everything needs to be a combat zone when people are only really concerned about endgame farming spots.

And if I'm in a 50+ farming spot, I probably have gear on. If I'm on my horse, I'm in a trainer's outfit and if I'm fishing I'm wielding a rod. I enjoy PVP, but I like to be awake for it, and actually wielding weapons. Nothing is worse than someone jumping you and your movement is impaired because you're holding a fishing rod.

1 person likes this

Posted

This game big selling point is open world pvp, adding pvp switch will just kill it so dream on that it will ever change. It's difficult for me to understand people whining now about it tho, they knew what they are getting into when they were getting game if they didn't do research then it's just their own fault, in any case there is a lot of mmo's out there without open world pvp don't like it here just move on.

Posted

They could just make all pre-Mediah lands PvE only, then no new server need be added and players could travel back and forth freely. No reason why any pvp of interest be conducted there when all the new lands are for higher level grinding and gear drops.

Still this won't change much since the game is lacking in other areas to make it of long term interest to a PvE player anyway.

Posted (edited)

I'm really okay with the way the game is... I voted for Toggle... but I'm not really for the self ability to toggle. I think that if there were a way for the game to toggle you out of pvp if some conditions were met, I'd be happier. Such as:

IF riding a mount > 10 minutes + no keyboard input = toggle

IF fishing mini game > 10 minutes + no keyboard input = toggle

Or, just maybe make some karma penalties harsher if these above conditions were met, but not toggle you out.

Edited by Epona