• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

World pvp is not real pvp

168 posts in this topic

Posted

Real pvp is when it offers you challange. Example arenas where you can progress by ranking. The bigger ranking you have the tougher opponents you meet like in wow.

Killing undergeared or people who don't care about pvp is not real pvp. People who enjoy world pvp don't enjoy challange but rather griefing. I'm pritty sure everyone can admit it but they do it because there is no pvp elsewhere. They're forced to grind mobs 24/7.

My suggestion is to give pvp players something to do.

Add ranking systems in arena and allow us to get cash/xp doing crimson battlefield so we can gear up doing pvp instead forced to do pve. 

There is nothing wrong having more options in game. 

8 people like this

Posted

Real pvp is when it offers you challange. Example arenas where you can progress by ranking. The bigger ranking you have the tougher opponents you meet like in wow.

Killing undergeared or people who don't care about pvp is not real pvp. People who enjoy world pvp don't enjoy challange but rather griefing. I'm pritty sure everyone can admit it but they do it because there is no pvp elsewhere. They're forced to grind mobs 24/7.

Add ranking systems in arena and allow us to get cash/xp doing crimson battlefield so we can gear up doing pvp instead forced to do pve. 

how is world pvp not real pvp what 

Posted

it's pvp but not real pvp. It's for cowards.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

how is world pvp not real pvp what 

OP is one of those annoying forum tries too hard trolls

Edited by Bloodedge
10 people like this

Posted

real PvP is when there is a crystal hiding in a castle and 20 players use airships and ladders and tanks to attack it while 20 other players use bombs and cannons and gates to defend it I think

10 people like this

Posted

This is like your 4th thread on pvp, you should go out more. 

Posted

Tell that to pvp guilds declaring war on each other, going at it, and having fun. If scrubs getting killed is what it takes to keep open world pvp around then so be it.

1 person likes this

Posted

real PvP is when there is a crystal hiding in a castle and 20 players use airships and ladders and tanks to attack it while 20 other players use bombs and cannons and gates to defend it I think

Nice Tera reference!

1 person likes this

Posted

kirsch pls all my team ever did was fire me out of a seige into inner for an ez win 

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice Tera reference!

Yeah only what she ever did in Tera was  dress up her elins, PvP my ass :D

Posted

5700dce9490ea_Blank_03a10e07a9251580ab7d

Posted

Why aren't you banned yet?

Posted (edited)

Why aren't you banned yet?

More like why hasn't he quit yet?

Edited by detached

Posted

On behalf of all people here, thank you for giving us the definition of true PvP......

Posted

The OP has a point. For many reasons, Open world PvP isn't legit. Classes are unbalanced, RNG based gear gaps, 3 vs 1 gankfests, and a plethora of other reasons removes any sort of competitiveness from pvp in the open world.

RPK players are basically just roleplaying. They are portraying the most irritating personality type in the world of Black Desert. Basically becoming the MMO versions of stalkers and bullies.

Because of the inherent differences in power levels between players, no fight is ever balanced nor does it have anything even remotely to do with skill. It's all about who has the greater numbers and higher stats.

It's not just theory either. Every time someone has tried to randomly PK me, they've always attacked as a group. I've never once seen a lone or solo player challenging another player directly, or even attempting to challenge themselves by taking on equal numbers in another group. I've also been attacked more times while playing my ranger who does not have cash shop gear than I ever have while I was playing my fully cash shopped Valkyrie. Which goes to show that PK'ers are purposely looking for people who they think has lower tier gear and stats than themselves.

This is definitey due to the fact that PvP in the open world is completely without meaning or purpose, since all the legit players are just simply not PK'ing. Until some sort of in game incentive/risk system is implemented to give players a legitimate reason to PvP, most pvp will revolve around bullying and harassment.

8 people like this

Posted

So getting ganked by 3 people whilst on half health killing mobs is not real PVP who would have thought! 

Posted (edited)

OWPvP is unfair PvP but is real PvP too.

Things we can argue are that is the most unfair, is the pvp model less popular and most hated or that is a turn-down for some people.

What we need is a proper system where the gear do not scale too much or a "wanted" system. You know... to give to pvers ways to fight pk players.

Edited by Edremis

Posted

Real pvp is when it offers you challenge.

I agree, I wish the Red Battlefield system had some type of elo/ranking for it's matchmaking. But saying open world PVP isn't real PVP is wrong, it's just a different kind of PVP.

I don't think the players that getting slaughtered and pushed out of grinding hotspots (even exiled out of entire channels) agree with you, from what I get PM'd ingame every day they seem to face plenty of challenge when attempting to progress.

Posted

Owpvp is the only form of pvp that is exciting and has real challenge. Getting ganked on half health by 3 players and still winning shows who is truly skilled instead of fighting in an arena which devolves into a pve-like fight after everyone figures out the best class setups and tactics for said arenas. 

Posted

Owpvp is the only form of pvp that is exciting and has real challenge. Getting ganked on half health by 3 players and still winning shows who is truly skilled instead of fighting in an arena which devolves into a pve-like fight after everyone figures out the best class setups and tactics for said arenas. 

It only showed I had much better gear and they were overconfident.

Posted

"Real pvp" 

Posted

Challenge is something subjetive. The only way to label owpvp and equalized bgs are the words random and fairness respectively.

Posted

Is there any way to ignore use?

OP baits are booring.

Posted

Is there any way to ignore use?

OP baits are booring.

Account->Ignored Users->Type in username and click whatever you want to ignore, and done. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Account->Ignored Users->Type in username and click whatever you want to ignore, and done. 

Thanks Gaben!

1 person likes this