• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

No Open World PK - On/Off Button

134 posts in this topic

Posted

Now before every Pker says f... you, stupid idea... just leave already this isnt what you are searching for.

Okay down to the topic.

I bought this game to enjoy it. yes i know the game is alot about PvP, but for PvP battlegrounds, not Open World Pking... it ruins so much... i just want to enjoy this game and have fun. not for being Pked every single minute..

There should be an option to turn Pking Off so you are not Pk'able. (ofcourse there should be an restriction so Pk'ers cant turn it quickly On/Off, to hide from other Pk'ers, when ever they want too). i want to do PvE stuff, PvP battlegrounds, but when i do PvE stuff i dont want to be Pk'd... why would you make that a thing.

Please make me able to turn it off, so i can Grind in peace, Fish in Peace, AFK in Peace without have to worry about when i go to sleep that my account just died 5 minutes after i went, and the whole AFK was a waste of electricity..

Yes there is Thousands of Pker's, if you havnt met alot, then its beacuse you havnt Played enough... all they find funny is to ruin other peoples experience with the game... making it un-enjoyable.

Help the PvE Players. just a little bit.

Thank You.

PS: if all you got is insults to post. just dont, you arent funny.

16 people like this

Posted

@Nekropolis There's a lot about this discussion here, if you have not seen it. 

No ty.

Bye.

Bye

Posted

I disagree with removing it,  however. I think the consequences for killing a guildless or solo player could be adjusted.

Reasoning. 

>Be Solo/guildless player grinding VS Guild (or party of 5) that runs up, takes over an area, demands to leave but doesn't give player enough time to safely comply and immediately flags- this is what has been happening the most frequently.
(Be realistic, if that player is swarmed by mobs they are obviously in the middle of something and won't necessarily be able to see your demands or have time to respond).

Now, assuming that group is full karma, a single person could kill someone maybe 3-4 times before it does any serious damage to their karma.  If you add that group up, that's around 15-20pks, not including if the persons willing to go lower and deal with the consequences a bit.

Now sure, that player could move or leave IF they were given enough time to comply or even respond,  but with these guild wars whole areas are being taken over simultaneously by enormous numbers of people on every channel, and they're all doing the exact. same. thing. You're just like everyone else!  Which renders moving or switching channels useless.   I've personally been unlucky enough to not have one group give more than a literal second of warning before going red, and honestly, Idc about me but I do have friends who struggle with this as well.

An obvious solution some might say is to join a clan or party but there will always be some people who want to play solo/clanless, don't have friends to play with,  or do it for personal reasons. (I myself have an anxiety disorder that can make it rough at times, but everyone plays their own way). Simply saying "then don't play" or "then this game isn't for you" gets thrown around by all the basic sobs and such and removing pvp/ restricting it so tightly simply would be a foolish thing to do. It would hurt the game and the majority of players enjoy it. It makes no sense to take away an aspect of the game 95% of the community (random %) enjoys.  This game was obviously open pvp and that was clear from the get go for those who actually looked and saw what they got themselves into. 

On the other hand, a lot of people would like to see more PVE content and have it be a little more PVE friendly (yeah yeah, filthy carebears, whatever.)   
However if the consequences were adjusted in the slightest or something god knows what was tweaked  so that these players could have a chance to also enjoy playing in their way without having to constantly deal with that environment  then would that really be too much of a -----shredder?  Obviously that wouldn't make it go away entirely but just enough to maybe enough to make people think about some common courtesy.  Who knows, Idg enough of a crap to go on. Everyone's going to complain and flame about something.

Happy Grinding

5 people like this

Posted

I see what you mean. but i only do PvE so as soon as i hit 45. ill just quit the game since no point playing when Pker's.

3 people like this

Posted

Yes, please! There are definitely days that I just don't feel like being ganked by 5 jerks after I just spent 2 hours grinding.

4 people like this

Posted

Dang I think my browser is bugged, all I can see in posts is the later "Q" it's like "QQQQQQQQ QQ QQQQ QQ QQQQQQQ" oh wait I forgot to deactivate my crying care bear filter. If you don't want to be PKed get stronger, get a guild, get a group. Your idea is garbage "Please make me able to turn it off" lol stop crying, you're flooding Japan.

You guys just think that things should ADAPT to YOU because you're bad, well no it's the other way around, git gud nubs.

Such a ridiculous suggestion, like all others of the same kind as this will never even be looked upon by any developper/CM/anyone competent from Daum/PearlAbyss, keep dreaming teddybear.

1 person likes this

Posted

05a.jpg

Posted

I play PvE and the amount of time I have put into BDO, I assure you, I am not a casual. I'm a hardcore PvE player as I have been in many MMOs over the years.  If you think only PvP players are hardcore you really don't understand games at all.

5 people like this

Posted

this game really is a lot on open world pvp, it's all about war going on for farm spots, that's the GAME why do people always have to cry about it. just get in guild where you will have back up , i dont know, i never had any problem farming by myself, ever.

Posted

Here's how I see it. Either I am a PVPer and grind mobs and level/farm quickly because the PVE is just a means to an end aka PVP, or I'm a PVPer that enjoys playing the game and isn't interested in leveling (mostly life skills as opposed to just grinding mobs for no real reason). I'm embarrassed to say that since the game launched i've been online 15D 15H and 37M actively doing something (I figure I should play as much as I can while I have the time in my life) and still am lv 39. This is my main btw and while I started a Valk I leveled her to 18 on day one and pretty much only use her as an energy mule.

I don't really take PVP in BDO seriously at the moment so I'm not rushing to lv 45. If I wanted to I could keep enjoying this game while never ever ever having to engage in pvp with not much effort. If not for my deep engagement in training horses and not needing someone to come put a dent in a week of work in horse breeding, I will train horses while under lv 45 only. And when I'm done with that well... just think of it as a continuous game of hide and seek lol. To me, not being able to delevel at all in this game removes the main thing I would stress out about in other games. I guess I would just role play any encounters I have with PKers lol. Never know -- you may be able to get them to do yoga with you instead.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm purposefully stopping myself from reaching lvl 45.

I actually love PvP, but I would like to AFK fish in peace. 

Super sad about this, but there is no helping it. It's a major handicap to ding 45. No more money from AFK fishing overnight is a big loss. 

Constantly having to wonder if I'll be dead or alive when returning to my desk. Never being able to alt tab. Always having to shut the game down or log out if I am stepping away for even a glass of water, the phone ringing, etc.

I really think this game could use ONE PvE server where you can toggle on world PvP if you wish.

I'm super into world PvP when I'm actually at my keyboard. No problems having fun engaging in PvP over farmed mobs. However, I also have a real life. Right now, I can multi-task my life and the game without the stress of wondering if all my progress will be gone the moment I need to step away from the screen. 

2 people like this

Posted

Super sad about this, but there is no helping it. It's a major handicap to ding 45. No more money from AFK fishing overnight is a big loss. 

Constantly having to wonder if I'll be dead or alive when returning to my desk. Never being able to alt tab. Always having to shut the game down or log out if I am stepping away for even a glass of water, the phone ringing, etc.

I really think this game could use ONE PvE server where you can toggle on world PvP if you wish.

I'm super into world PvP when I'm actually at my keyboard. No problems having fun engaging in PvP over farmed mobs. However, I also have a real life. Right now, I can multi-task my life and the game without the stress of wondering if all my progress will be gone the moment I need to step away from the screen. 

You could always have an alt below lvl 45 if you're really worried.

I've been over 50 for weeks and have only been attacked twice, first time I killed the person the other time I ran away cause I was watching youtube videos while training a horse and wasn't sure how to react. 

If people really want a PvE server then send Daum the money to maintain it, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Posted

Alot of salty people clearly dont know how to READ Words!...

I never stated that it should be removed..... i stated that there should be and On/Off Option so if people dont like to be a little 12 year old virgin who only enjoy to PK PvE focused persons, they should have peace...

If all you have to do is Insult other people, just proves my point of immature children who plays the game, and if you get insulted by my thread, just proves my point, that Immature Pk'ers are scared that they cant PK anymore.

Telling me to stop crying? lol. look whos crying on my thread... No one told you too reply on this thread, you dindt even post an opinion on the subject, so why dont you just crawl back into your dungeon hole and leave the Forums..

Thank You.

I've been over 50 for weeks and have only been attacked twice, first time I killed the person the other time I ran away cause I was watching youtube videos while training a horse and wasn't sure how to react. 

If people really want a PvE server then send Daum the money to maintain it, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

The thing is. we dont want a PvE Server.... If you read what we typed, we just want the On/Off Option so we can be in peace Of Immature Children.

this game really is a lot on open world pvp, it's all about war going on for farm spots, that's the GAME why do people always have to cry about it. just get in guild where you will have back up , i dont know, i never had any problem farming by myself, ever.

What do you get out of making a comment like that? Self-Esteem?

I play PvE and the amount of time I have put into BDO, I assure you, I am not a casual. I'm a hardcore PvE player as I have been in many MMOs over the years.  If you think only PvP players are hardcore you really don't understand games at all.

Dang I think my browser is bugged, all I can see in posts is the later "Q" it's like "QQQQQQQQ QQ QQQQ QQ QQQQQQQ" oh wait I forgot to deactivate my crying care bear filter. If you don't want to be PKed get stronger, get a guild, get a group. Your idea is garbage "Please make me able to turn it off" lol stop crying, you're flooding Japan.

You guys just think that things should ADAPT to YOU because you're bad, well no it's the other way around, git gud nubs.

Such a ridiculous suggestion, like all others of the same kind as this will never even be looked upon by any developper/CM/anyone competent from Daum/PearlAbyss, keep dreaming teddybear.

Just leave dude... you get nothing out of being salty and cry over a Forum Thread..

Thank You.

I feel what your saying... but i dissagree on PvE server, we should just be able to turn it On/Off like all other Open World PVP MMO's

And yes you can turn it On/Off on all other MMO's, Yes i researched...

Posted

No reaon at all. If something like that would come out, this game would become really bad. Why carbears always cry, just understand that this game is a sandbox and if someone wnt to kill you, he or she should be able to do it at any times. A 45 cap is what they have made for fisher and co, to farm money and to avoid annoying low-level player farm. 

I want to be able to contest a spot for grind or for whatever i need it.

@Nekropolis obviously you don't know the game if you are asking an immunity button

pve server and a pvp(?!?!?!) server with an immunity button is exactly the same thing

Posted (edited)

I simply suggested a separate PvE server that would have this toggle on/off button because that is "traditionally" (perspectives differ) what PvE servers do. 

PvP servers have PvP all the time. PvE servers have PvP toggled on/off.

I don't think the PvP community in BDO would take too kindly to their victims toggling off PvP. I wouldn't want to take away their beloved PK/ganking of AFK fishers. I get it. People love that. Let's not take it away from them. 

I thought PvP was engaged for ALL your characters if ONE hit lvl 45. So my alts would no longer be immune to PvP. No idea if this is true or not as I have been too fearful of getting ganked while AFK/ level 45 to test it out. I'm hovering at around level 42 and welcoming death to set me back when I get too close to leveling further. 

If this is the case, then it's not that big of a deal. My fisher would just be my alt. 

Could I get someone to confirm/deny this for me pretty please?

Also, considering I have spent $700 on this game already... I am sure they have the money to give players their "PvE-toggling PvP on/off" server. 

Edited by Vorkrunne

Posted

Now before every Pker says f... you, stupid idea... just leave already this isnt what you are searching for.

Okay down to the topic.

I bought this game to enjoy it. yes i know the game is alot about PvP, but for PvP battlegrounds, not Open World Pking... it ruins so much... i just want to enjoy this game and have fun. not for being Pked every single minute..

There should be an option to turn Pking Off so you are not Pk'able. (ofcourse there should be an restriction so Pk'ers cant turn it quickly On/Off, to hide from other Pk'ers, when ever they want too). i want to do PvE stuff, PvP battlegrounds, but when i do PvE stuff i dont want to be Pk'd... why would you make that a thing.

Please make me able to turn it off, so i can Grind in peace, Fish in Peace, AFK in Peace without have to worry about when i go to sleep that my account just died 5 minutes after i went, and the whole AFK was a waste of electricity..

Yes there is Thousands of Pker's, if you havnt met alot, then its beacuse you havnt Played enough... all they find funny is to ruin other peoples experience with the game... making it un-enjoyable.

Thank You.

If you had the option to turn the ability of being pked off then everyone would keep it off and the purpose of the game*contesting farm spots and feeling the adrelina of constant danger* Would go away.

I bought this game because i knew it would be open world pvp, And i do not want this to turn into a WoW 2.0

I respect your right to your opinion but by the life of me i hope daum will not do this because it will 1-hit ko the game into its pityful grave.

Posted

It really would kill the game to transform the existing servers into servers where PvP is toggled on/off. That's PvE in my opinion. Death to Black Desert. 

Contesting areas is part of what breaks the grind and makes endgame fun to a ton of players.

However, there are some players who don't prefer that. Different server types cater to different players. Giving people options = everyone is happy. 

(Also bumping because I'd really like an answer to my question: Are alts below level 45 flagged for PvP once your main hits 45?)

Posted

Having alt isnt exactly answer to everything, I mainly do horse training/breeding and trading with some crafting/gathering on side...trading is slowly lving me up and am 38 by now
Cant exactly make alt n go ahead with breeding/training/trading/crafting/gathering again becouse I will lose benefits of lvls I reached for it :')

Posted

technically its not pvp its pk as there is a penalty for killing another player

pkers are just worried there'd be no one left to pk except each other if they added a button to turn off player vs player add a murder isle like ultima online had for pking you pk someone you get sent to murder isle and you could only pvp with fellow guildees or warring guilds.

Posted

@Nekropolis

No, I just enjoy mocking naive people making unreasonable suggestions who seriously hope it will be realised. lel

Posted

Okay down to the topic.

Thank You.

Yes x 10!!! Let the griefers play with each other! Just want to do Node Wars, Guild wars and Sieges.

Posted

I'm just sayin', this is why I suggested a few pvp and pve focused channels per server.  Made my own thread for it last week, got mostly positive feedback so far (http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/60108-a-pvppve-compromise-that-people-might-not-actually-argue-over/).  The thing that people dislike about toggling is that this means that a person can walk in to a contested/guild-controlled area and steal resources/mobs without retaliation because they're toggled off for PvP.  Likewise, a PvE server means that you're cutting out a huge chunk of functionality from the game for an entire server, drastically changing the point of getting better gear.  However, if there are specific channels that disable owPvP on each server, restricting only to guild wars and arena, these become less of an issue because, if you want to defend an area while farming, you can do so on the majority of other channels where PvP would be enabled, and you're not really removing any functionality.  The only other big complaint I've seen against this is that this would enable PvP-minded individuals to go farm mats to upgrade gear on a PvE channel.  So what?  The extra competition just makes PvP more interesting / challenging for us, right?  Besides, if that's the biggest complaint, nothing is stopping you from doing that as well.

Posted

Yes x 10!!! Let the griefers play with each other! Just want to do Node Wars, Guild wars and Sieges.

You get the point of the game. Thank You.

Posted (edited)

/snipped a fair amt. not to change context, just to shorten...

First: I'm a PVE'r, don't pvp that much, and definitely don't pk, but still would tell you to go find another game.

Second: If you bought the game and knew it had alot of pvp and was open world....I don't have any sympathy for you. Don't whine on the forums because the game isn't giving you exactly what you wanted. You chose to play it anyway, finding you don't like it, and are now wanting them to change it to suit you ...screw everyone else that knew and like what they were buying.

I would pose that you are the one saying "f--- you" to everyone that knew and bought the game for what it was...because your happiness and satisfaction (and bad decision apparently) are more important than theirs.

Edited by Ethetun
3 people like this

Posted

First: I'm a PVE'r, don't pvp that much, and definitely don't pvp, but still would tell you to go find another game.

Second: If you bought the game and knew it had alot of pvp and was open world....I don't have any sympathy for you. Don't whine on the forums because the game isn't giving you exactly what you wanted. You chose to play it anyway, finding you don't like it, and are now wanting them to change it to suit you ...screw everyone else that knew and like what they were buying.

I would pose that you are the one saying "f--- you" to everyone that knew and bought the game for what it was...because your happiness and satisfaction (and bad decision apparently) are more important than theirs.

I thought there would be a quest gating PvP at 49, all I am asking for is to have that quest back then I will be out of the PvP threads because they will no longer be any concern of mine.