• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

No Open World PK - On/Off Button

134 posts in this topic

Posted

Think of it like this. A guild or group of 5 has a grind location on lock killing all mobs and all are guildless or what ever. the only option others have of grinding there is either out grind them or flag on them. Out grinding can be a pain in the ass and take forever for them to leave plus you get basically nothing while this is happening. So your left with flaging and killing them all. Now take away the abillity to kill those those ppl at the spot you wana be at. What then? You gona waist all your time getting nothing out farming them or you have to leave and that wreks your day and plans. Atleast with the pvp/pk ability the spot can be contested and possibly taken by another player/group. Your idea would destroy the game for 90% of the player base.

2 people like this

Posted

Now before every Pker says f... you, stupid idea... just leave already this isnt what you are searching for.

Okay down to the topic.

I bought this game to enjoy it. yes i know the game is alot about PvP, but for PvP battlegrounds, not Open World Pking... it ruins so much... i just want to enjoy this game and have fun. not for being Pked every single minute..

There should be an option to turn Pking Off so you are not Pk'able. (ofcourse there should be an restriction so Pk'ers cant turn it quickly On/Off, to hide from other Pk'ers, when ever they want too). i want to do PvE stuff, PvP battlegrounds, but when i do PvE stuff i dont want to be Pk'd... why would you make that a thing.

Please make me able to turn it off, so i can Grind in peace, Fish in Peace, AFK in Peace without have to worry about when i go to sleep that my account just died 5 minutes after i went, and the whole AFK was a waste of electricity..

Yes there is Thousands of Pker's, if you havnt met alot, then its beacuse you havnt Played enough... all they find funny is to ruin other peoples experience with the game... making it un-enjoyable.

Help the PvE Players. just a little bit.

Thank You.

PS: if all you got is insults to post. just dont, you arent funny.

feel ya buddy, agree that the pvp button should turn it for both ways to when it says pvp is disabled then you can't attack players and in turn you can't be attacked. The button is kind of useless at the mo. So thumbs up from me. 

Posted

There already is a PvP button in game.  Turn it on you can kill someone, turn it off you can't unless they turn theirs on. 

So what's the problem?

Posted

It really would kill the game to transform the existing servers into servers where PvP is toggled on/off. That's PvE in my opinion. Death to Black Desert. 

Contesting areas is part of what breaks the grind and makes endgame fun to a ton of players.

However, there are some players who don't prefer that. Different server types cater to different players. Giving people options = everyone is happy. 

(Also bumping because I'd really like an answer to my question: Are alts below level 45 flagged for PvP once your main hits 45?)

All characters have to be 45 or above for owpvp.

Pking also isn't an issue for me or anyone over 45 in my guild, I've only been attacked twice and never while afk fishing. I know it sucks to die but it's a game, it happens. It's not like Tera where you have all the high leveled gear people standing outside the newbie town killing anyone that crosses the bridge.  

Posted (edited)

I second this idea. The thought of having to killsteal mobs or be killstolen to grind/progress is incredibly pleasant.
You do realize this is almost always why PKing happens at all, right? PK is an option to deal with that sort of thing, or for some people, to take over that spot.

I do all sorts of AFK stuff like fishing in combat zones and have never come back dead (sans GvG). I've literally AFKed in grind hotspots for hours too and was still alive coming back, so you can't really use AFK as an excuse. I and everyone I know that actually plays this game has never been PKed for absolutely no reason.

Spontaneous PK is an astronomically rare occurrence and if you are afraid of it, you shouldn't be. That is called just being paranoid.
There is almost always a reason you are PKed.

That's why this system exists.

But if you, for whatever reason, enjoy other MMOs where you fight for mobs instead of fight each other for mobs, then by all means, go ahead.

Edit: I'm not saying random PK/griefing doesn't exist, I'm saying that it happens soooooo much less than you project it to happen. And in the end, this is supposed to be considered sandbox anyway. The option to do it should be there just because, and it is, but that doesn't mean it always happens.

Edited by Kuroneko

Posted (edited)

First: I'm a PVE'r, don't pvp that much, and definitely don't pvp, but still would tell you to go find another game.

Second: If you bought the game and knew it had alot of pvp and was open world....I don't have any sympathy for you. Don't whine on the forums because the game isn't giving you exactly what you wanted. You chose to play it anyway, finding you don't like it, and are now wanting them to change it to suit you ...screw everyone else that knew and like what they were buying.

I would pose that you are the one saying "f--- you" to everyone that knew and bought the game for what it was...because your happiness and satisfaction (and bad decision apparently) are more important than theirs.

Dude just leave.. you make no sense since any of what you just said. has nothing to do with this thread... 

There already is a PvP button in game.  Turn it on you can kill someone, turn it off you can't unless they turn theirs on. 

So what's the problem?

That they can just kill you?. soo the current button makes no sense.

Edited by Yrina
Remove offensive language

Posted

Dude just leave.. you make no sense since any of what you just said. has nothing to do with this thread... go cry over your family issues another place.

That they can just kill you?. soo the current button makes no sense.

Current button makes perfect sense.  I'm sorry if you don't like it, it's always been there from the very beginning.

Posted

I second this idea. The thought of having to killsteal mobs or be killstolen to grind/progress is incredibly pleasant.
You do realize this is almost always why PKing happens at all, right? PK is an option to deal with that sort of thing, or for some people, to take over that spot.

I do all sorts of AFK stuff like fishing in combat zones and have never come back dead (sans GvG). I've literally AFKed in grind hotspots for hours too and was still alive coming back, so you can't really use AFK as an excuse. I and everyone I know that actually plays this game has never been PKed for absolutely no reason.

Spontaneous PK is an astronomically rare occurrence and if you are afraid of it, you shouldn't be. That is called just being paranoid.

But if you, for whatever reason, enjoy other MMOs where you fight for mobs instead of fight each other for mobs, then by all means, go ahead.

No reason to post that, since it was nothing to do with the thread. just go away and get your self-esteem from some boy..

The only reason why people are being dicks on this thread is because they are those griefy 15 year old kids who gets a hard on to ruin other peoples day by pking. so please be quiet and let us adults have a nice chat, and talk about stuff, without your negative comments.

Dont be scared that you lose your Hard on, because we get a button? its like you cant go to a website and finish it off.. so please just be quiet... no reason for you to be here..

Thank You.

Current button makes perfect sense.  I'm sorry if you don't like it, it's always been there from the very beginning.

It clearly dosnt lol.. dear lord children on the interweb.

Posted (edited)

It clearly does if you know anything about the game you purchased, which you do not.

Edited by Wormboy

Posted

I think the only real issue here is AFK killing. No one really minds battling over grind spots, even if they get obliterated, it seems, by reading this thread, people can accept that as part of the game. But when you're just busy tending to your garden, leveling your horse, fishing, and generally being away from your keyboard, no chance of counterplay is given. It's just unpreventable punishment. The only way to prevent it is to not play the game.

My solution is: after you don't give the game a keyboard input for 3 minutes, you should gain immunity. I don't see any way to abuse this. You can still ride your horse, cook and fish without keyboard inputs. If you are fishing actively, I think it's okay that you have to be on your toes and watch for ambushers, while also watching for the fishing minigame.

Posted (edited)

It clearly does if you know anything about the game you purchased, which you do not.

Clear Logic right there. what is it you dont understand ?

I think the only real issue here is AFK killing. No one really minds battling over grind spots, even if they get obliterated, it seems, by reading this thread, people can accept that as part of the game. But when you're just busy tending to your garden, leveling your horse, fishing, and generally being away from your keyboard, no chance of counterplay is given. It's just unpreventable punishment. The only way to prevent it is to not play the game.

My solution is: after you don't give the game a keyboard input for 3 minutes, you should gain immunity. I don't see any way to abuse this. You can still ride your horse, cook and fish without keyboard inputs. If you are fishing actively, I think it's okay that you have to be on your toes and watch for ambushers, while also watching for the fishing minigame.

That would be an option, but still and On/Off Button would be better, since it has all the purpose that we need as casual players. and not the no life kids who only wants to do PvP.

Edited by Yrina
Remove offensive language

Posted

No reason to post that, since it was nothing to do with the thread. just go away and get your self-esteem from some boy..

The only reason why people are being dicks on this thread is because they are those griefy 15 year old kids who gets a hard on to ruin other peoples day by pking. so please be quiet and let us adults have a nice chat, and talk about stuff, without your negative comments.

Dont be scared that you lose your Hard on, because we get a button? its like you cant go to a website and finish it off.. so please just be quiet... no reason for you to be here..

Thank You.

Clear Logic right there. what is it you dont understand. you are a retarded little boy :) go sit on a pine cone. go get your attention seek somewhere else. like at ya momma's tit.

Cue more constructive responses.

I can easily see why someone like you is a victim of being PKed now.

Posted (edited)

I don't think the devs would ever want to give you an On/Off button. They designed the game with PK'ing in mind. They want players and guilds to be able to dominate grind spots. The game I believe is advertised as a sandbox MMO, as someone mentioned. Imagine if games like DayZ or Rust you had a button to toggle PvP. It would be an entirely different game. It doesn't affect BDO to that scale, but to the same effect.

Btw yes, this thread is one of the most cancerous threads I've seen here so far. Behave yourselves... This is an important topic that could affect any of you negatively, and if you act immaturely, the devs will ignore you.

Edited by Metemer

Posted (edited)

People are already running from this game because its foolish PK. lol. look at all those Account selling sides. so far there is 10.000+ accounts for sale lol. many of them quit because Pk'ing is retarded. all you pkers have fun with your dead game... in 1 month. this game will be dead. maximum 40k players on all NA/EU Servers. have fun playing a dead game.

Edited by Yrina
Removed verbal offense.

Posted

He reminds me of the kid sitting in the corner pouting because he couldn't get his way.  

Posted

many of them quit because Pk'ing is retarded.

Link source

Posted (edited)

Google is your friend, you -----.. dear lord. look up all those account selling sides.. sooooo many pages full of accounts.. Dead Game dude, Dead Game. give it a month.. it will be a like a desert. 

Might as well sell your accounts now like us others. now a good account would be worth 200+ dollars. in 1 month they would be worth nothing at all.

Edited by Nekropolis

Posted

Google is your friend, you -----.. dear lord. look up all those account selling sides.. sooooo many pages full of accounts.. Dead Game dude, Dead Game. give it a month.. it will be a like a desert. 

Link source saying thousands are leaving due to pk being retarded.

Posted

People are already running from this game because its foolish PK.

What foolish PK? Do you ever stop to think to yourself that maybe, just maybe, you allegedly get "PKed every single minute" because this is the way you act?:

dear lord children on the interweb.

1 person likes this

Posted

At this point considering the number of threads on the subject, agreed. ...that or merge the threads. All this guy (or thing) is doing is calling people kids and trolls in a multi-thread topic that he created (which I believe would be well categorized as trolling). ...I could go on, but he's not worth the energy.

What server are you on btw?

You looking for a PvP guild?

Posted

Edit: I'm not saying random PK/griefing doesn't exist, I'm saying that it happens soooooo much less than you project it to happen. And in the end, this is supposed to be considered sandbox anyway. The option to do it should be there just because, and it is, but that doesn't mean it always happens.

No more likes available today, but very well said.

You looking for a PvP guild?

Not right now. Friends that came to the game with me started a guild and am with them right now. ..was just curious. Am in my busy season anyway. June is when things should slow down and I have more time. I split my time between this and division right now though. Testing star citizen when I have the time.

Posted

No more likes available today, but very well said.

Not right now. Friends that came to the game with me started a guild and am with them right now. ..was just curious. Am in my busy season anyway. June is when things should slow down and I have more time. I split my time between this and division right now though. Testing star citizen when I have the time.

When you get more time to play and looking to PvP hit me up.

Posted (edited)

dude, just ignore them, they are derailing the thread because they don't want the pvp to change because they have the rule of the land atm. They call people names like carebear, tell you to leave, do one, whatever, but the larger issue is that more and more people are posting concerns about pvp which is good. Just ignore them buddy, don't retaliate, it's not worth it. 

Back on topic...

what would be a good compromise that both play styles could agree on? 

Edited by Yrina
Obsolete quotes

Posted

Possible solution...

Personally, like I have said in other threads, that the current PVP disable button serves no purpose since it only turns off killing people for yourself, it doesn't actually FULLY turn off PVP for yourself since people can PK you so technically your still being involved in PVP. 

If they made it so that it TOTALLY turned it off so you couldn't kill anyone and in turn people couldn't kill you, that would be a more effective PVP disable button... Thoughts?

Posted

Bring in GvG territory control now.  Bring in Pirate Island now.  Ramp up severely karma loss and reduce karma gain significantly FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY.  :D

Problem solved.

1 person likes this