• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How did you come up with that name?

205 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm fairly curious as to how some of you guys got those names. Some are creative, some might hold meaning, some might just be random. But I wanna get to know those stories for uhh... Science. Doesn't matter if your name is creative or not, just drop down your story on how you came to hold to this name! Original or not~

Here's my story:

Back then when I used to play WoW, I didn't really care about anything. I was fairly young & my humor was all over the place (it still is, but I control it now.) My actual name is Ramzy (some of you might already be able to tell Ramzy is Yzmar spelt backwards) I lived in Queens, New York which is a pretty loud place to be, between the random screaming, police sirens & other loud noises coming from the ambient city outside. Back then I led a guild in WoW & played other games with a group of friends. & they would always hear the police sirens & screams when I turned my mic on (It didn't happen all the time, but it was often). So that small group of friends said that I had an "Evil side" named Yzmar. They're views on it was I would abduct/kidnap random people,  lock them & torture them in my basement.

Before you ask. No this is not true. Have I thought about it? Maybe I shouldn't answer that LOL. Back to the story, their proof for this reason behind Yzmar was that the screams where the people being tortured, & the police sirens were cops trying to look for me. This was even funnier when they found out that I lived right next to a court house & a police station & cracking jokes like "He's literally right under their noses". This finalized Yzmar & its pretty much a golden joke within my little group of friends. They would make jokes like "The great Yzmar strikes again" Whenever they hear police sirens or see missing ads around the area.

So that's my story on how I got the name Yzmar.

Tell me about yours! I'm curious~

*Again I do not meow or kidnap people. pls believe & don't call the cops.

_Yzmar

5 people like this

Posted

I go by Rose or Rosemary. Rose was my favorite person in this world's middle name, my grandmother. It is sometimes hard to get the name so I do have to sometimes make adjustments to the name.

Posted

Mine is simple yet has a lot of meaning/depth.

Aries is my Zodiac sign. The positive and negative qualities are literally an exact representation of my personality. I can be cool and quiet as the ocean, then explosive and ruthless as a volcano. So I learned to embrace and master these qualities.

I can write a whole essay about symbolism and meaning of a persons zodiac sign. Not everyone's is accurate, however mine happens to be.

Well that's a short summary of my story.

1 person likes this

Posted

"Oh my god, shut up. If I wanted to hear an asshole, I would fart."

-Ramzy 2014

1 person likes this

Posted

From my favourite type of cake ~jQn8Wir.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

I use to do a lot of writing and RP. Aryav was one of the characters I wrote about, his full name was Aryav Trinity. - Total geek :P

2 people like this

Posted

My name in R/L.. ;_;

Feels so basic xD

2 people like this

Posted

Honestly, I've always went by one name(rather not say what) for years but in the last 3 years my former name started getting alot of unnecessary unprovoked hate making it difficult to find groups or play online co-op games. So I spent time working on a new name and came up with several. I've been going by Malver or Torvan Krex the most for the last 2 years now with no problems.

Posted

My name is Andrew Muir and the reason why I came up with the name Decarna is because I grew up angry at the world. When I was young I got bullied fiercly for liking gaming at the time. I was picked on for being small, weak, and insignificant to them. I was smart...smarter than all of them when I was young. Because of that I never fought them or responded. One day however I snapped and hurt my bully to the point of him needing hospital care. Upon seeing him the next day I was full of regret for not thinking about his situation in his household as being an abused child. I was full of hatred without understanding so I swore to myself I would never do this again. I started taking up video games and fell in love. I learned about mmos and decided to think of a username. I made Decarna which is poorly derived off latin meaning Against Flesh. It meant to me that I would not live my life thinking with instincts to hurt but to care about everyone and always try to understand their situation, and be compassionate. I would put all my anger and frustration into this name so I can live in both the gaming and real worlds as someone who you can confide in, trust in, and care for.

2 people like this

Posted

I was picked on for being small, weak, and insignificant to them. I was smart...smarter than all of them when I was young. Because of that I never fought them or responded. One day however I snapped and hurt my bully to the point of him needing hospital care.

Ender? Is that you? :D

My name came from a character in Witch Craft Works. I like the way the name sounds and she's a pretty cool character

chronoire.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

My name came from a character in Witch Craft Works. I like the way the name sounds and she's a pretty cool character

WCW fan! :DD

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Like seriously...everyone has a story while mine is driven from a  freaking cake type.. 

Edited by Carrots
5 people like this

Posted

Um when I was 16 I had been saving up money to buy a car and I bought a year old used '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse

I loved the car and at first thought about using the name Eclipse but I thought it sounded a bit too feminine so I changed it to Ecliptix. I've used Ecliptix or Ecliptic in every game Ive played except maybe 1 or 2 since UO.

Ive gone by Ecliptix for around 18 years now. Sadly when I first started using it I couldnt find it anywhere now a lot of the time its taken on forums etc.

Posted

The name Ataxias inspired by Ataxia i came by the name when i played Rift. I switched servers and the name (BloodFang) i was using at the time was taken so i thought about it for a bit and i figured the named Ataxias would be good for a rogue type charter and I've used it in every game since  

Posted (edited)

Like seriously...everyone has a story while mine is driven from a  freaking cake type.. 

Don't feel bad bro, I go by Roojie because it was a typo someone made trying to tell me I was the worst person on Earth. (I was going by Rookie at the time) I thanked them, changed my name and I've had it ever since.

Frimber is a shortened version of Frimbertrips- the made up name I gave to my Laptop after I realized it was kinda derpy.

Edited by Frimber

Posted

THE CAKE IS A LIE!! :D

Posted

This is some really interesting stuff guys. Keep it coming!

You're special to me its okay <3

1 person likes this

Posted

Wild Fox~........Fox was taken T_T

and my dog looks kinda~ like fox so....yup!

Posted

Hey Carrots!! I've got a story for you..

derpiest-ermahgerd-bunny-carrots.jpg

It's pretty dramatic. I hope you'll like it. :D

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

JustFiyen (Fiye) is just my name. Well. Kinda. Hehe!~
It's handle at least! I use it often. So every main character I've played has been Fiye! :P
But It was an edit of my Original DA Name! :P

Edited by JustFiyen

Posted

Every game I play I make a new nickname according to the type of the game

previous game " Dragon's Prophet"

My nickname was "DragonSlayer"

But now this game has an Arabic theme background and a dessert with a Camel !!

As an Arab I can make a tons of nicknames in this game

End of the story.

1 person likes this

Posted

i witch i remember how i came up with my name, i just vaguely remember i was trying to combine tv channel into one word and than make it my name. i know Fox kids, cartoon network, animax, jetix. where some of the names that where on my list. but i really dont know how that became Gietmex 

i was weird as a kid @ ~@

Posted

chronoire.jpg

Ender? Who is that exactly?

Posted

Ender? Who is that exactly?

D:

Ender's Game? Ender was a boy genius who was was bullied in school and then retaliated by beating up the bully. His reasoning was "by showing superiority now, he has prevented future struggle."

Your story reminded me of that character is all :)

Posted

My name came from back then when we played around with my friends about what would our japanese names be and I ended up with Tsurata, because I really liked how the name sounds and it translates to Agony in english, pretty badass huh? :D

Kakarot.PNG 
First thing that came into my mind about carrots xD Ka-ka-karrotkake! (From a DBZ Parody)

1 person likes this