• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pve players trying to ruin black desert for everyone>>pvp players need to speak up b4 they kill the game>>

512 posts in this topic

Posted

I have been saying the same thing on pve threads just Ina less harsh way. People are screaming for pve content in a sandbox ow pvp game. Anyone who wants that changed needs to go play one of the million games available that have that. This is the best and one of very very very few sandbox KR games we have gotten. At one point I felt like I was going to have to move to KR to play games that fit my play style. If this game starts adding theme park elements or mass amount of instanced content with must have loot then I will probably quit. There are already a couple dungeons in the KR version and I'm just as pissed about those as I am at the people screaming for dungeons. For God sakes if you love dungeons go play gw2 fractals. 

Posted

This forum is a -----ing joke. Lmao

2 people like this

Posted

This forum is a -----ing joke. Lmao

I know right. ^_^

Posted

Why can't we just have a flag that we can trigger? 

As I see it, all of the 'harcore' PVP-ers will always keep it on and can continue to fight each other, and the PVE-ers will keep it off and be left alone.

I don't see how dragging PVE-ers into PVP somehow enhances PVP, unless you 'hardcore' type are really just griefers and are afraid to fight each other (which is often the case).

Plus it's a failed design where the 'hardcore' PVP-ers spend most of their time grinding PVE mobs.  Let PVP-er's get their xp from killing each other and leave the PVE-ers to grind mobs endlessly.

Because that defeats the purpose of owpvp and sandbox mechanics. This game is supposed to be somewhat hardcore. We don't need anyone having their hand helds no matter what kind of content they enjoy. You should never be in peace anywhere. That is the beauty of this game and why it is different then other MMO. If you take that away then it becomes care bear theme park. 

Posted

I have been saying the same thing on pve threads just Ina less harsh way. People are screaming for pve content in a sandbox ow pvp game. Anyone who wants that changed needs to go play one of the million games available that have that. This is the best and one of very very very few sandbox KR games we have gotten. At one point I felt like I was going to have to move to KR to play games that fit my play style. If this game starts adding theme park elements or mass amount of instanced content with must have loot then I will probably quit. There are already a couple dungeons in the KR version and I'm just as pissed about those as I am at the people screaming for dungeons. For God sakes if you love dungeons go play gw2 fractals. 

Find the error, BDO is not a Sandbox, its a Sandpark.

And don´t you think "Sandbox" means as much freedom as possible? That includes Dungeons as a possibly..

Posted

Prove it. Seriously, there are a crapload of people in this thread saying "BDO is [insert wet dream fantasy here]", but not a single fact to support those arguments. Wishing really hard and repeating something over and over doesn't count as a fact.

It isn't about it being a specific type of wet dream, but rather the fact that contested farming does not go away. If someone is having a problem with how things play out in the open world at 45, things do not change later for them, you feel me? If they are not satisfied with what is happening now, they are likely not gonna be able to even farm up enough gear to tackle Karan. There are bits and pieces of stuff for someone who hates PvP to do, but the majority of the action will be in GvG or node wars. A player who currently finds it a struggle to hit 50 (paraphrasing a complaint I have actually seen here) because of 'PK griefers taking my mobs' is not gonna survive the hardships surrounding Valencia.

I am curious why you think otherwise? Legitimately.

Posted (edited)

Recent comments have been made by PVE players in BDO. The main arguments:

1. "The top guilds are locking down grind spots."

This has been fixed with the introduction of new grind location in Mediah. If a guild locks a location down you can either fight for it or move on.

2. "PVP is forced and I get pk'd all the time."

If people ----- and kill you while grinding, you were more than likely kill stealing their mobs. You don't get a free ticket to 55 in this game. If you were a jerk and someone has a grudge against you, switch channels. People do troll fishing spots, but that's just how things are.

3. "PVP players are a cancer to the community."

You need to understand the majority of PVP players are playing the game. They don't care about the forums. PVE players are most likely to be AFK fishing, trading or crafting. PVE players just have more time to post, hence PVE players cannot be considered core players.

4. "BDO is one of the best PVE games there is."

If you think that mindless mobs, ellion's tears that allow a guaranteed completion or any mob, and advancement in levels being based almost completely on grinding makes for good PVE content, you shouldn't even be allowed to comment. Let's be honest. The game is pretty and there are side activities.

5. "I want a PVE only channel where I can advance my character and collect items without interference." 

If you want a "Server" to yourself that might be okay, but you must realize that there will be now additional content for you and that server will die. I do wish PVE players were separated from PVP player, simply because it is their fault PVP players suffer such harsh penalties. If PVE players are separated, I hope that Daum has the good sense to fix the PVP system that PVE players have taken the time to ruin.

6. "PVP players have Red battle ground. Why can they just be happy with that?"

Red battle ground is fun, bu it is no replacement for open world combat. If you try to instance our PVP then the core players will start to leave.  We came here for open world combat and PVE players have already all but completely ruined it.

My response:

PVE players have enough to level the playing field against PVP players. Use ellion's tears if you die then switch channels. I understand that as a PVE player, you get more upset when you die, but get over it.

There will be no special dungeons for you. If you say you don't like the game then please leave and don't ruin it more for the rest of us.

If you AFK fish and only AFK fish, you have no room to speak. Fishermen do not drive the majority of the games progression.

I speak for the many PVP player that are too busy playing the game too comment. The PVE players will never be the majority. 

Daum has four choices: Do nothing, separate us, support PVP and thrive, or support PVE and die.

Wow. Someone is salty.

I've have tried to stay away from PVP as much as possible and have been much more concerned with the actual story-lines, quests, trading and exploring. However, what I have encountered of PVP players has been 100% griefing for no apparent reason.

No, I was not kill stealing someone else's mobs (not like they are owned by anyone yet seeing as we don't have node wars) - I've simply been riding around trading or horse levelling on roads, not going into mob areas where I have been one-shot. Also, just leaving towns is another one where I have been ganked loads of times.

I see no point in this at all. I'm not doing harm to anyone, not even speaking in world chat or anything, just minding my own business playing the game how I want to play it and how I enjoy it, which in the end is what video games are all about. (At least for me).

Yes, I know I could join a PVP guild and do guild-wars and all that stuff for a 'fair fight'...but I really don't want to, because I simply don't want to!

So because of this.....I would love a PVE server, or some kind of PVP system where lvl 45+ players can't be killed by other players if they don't have their own PVP enabled. If you have your PVP enabled, then fair game I suppose, but it's not for me. But by saying PVE players (like me) are ruining the game, is waaaaay off the mark. :')

EDIT: Before you tell me to switch channels, I do every time and there is always another griefer on every other channel too. I wouldn't even post if this hasn't already happened a ridiculous amount of times already.

Edited by ClearArrow
1 person likes this

Posted

PVE servers on this game would be pure cancer with rampant killstealing and trolling cause you wont be able to do anything against it. you can only pk 4 people before you run out of karma so most people use it carefully for the sake of kicking annoying -----s out of their farm/grindspot

Posted

Find the error, BDO is not a Sandbox, its a Sandpark.

And don´t you think "Sandbox" means as much freedom as possible? That includes Dungeons as a possibly..

As I stated, there will be a couple dungeons added later already. So keep your Sandpark term handy. My point still persists. 

Posted

I'm only speaking the truth lol. Don't wanna be called an idiot? don't act like an idiot. Don't wanna be called a thirsty troll? Don't act like a thirsty troll.

Tell me this, who is more likely to fall under the majority of those common player traits? A die-hard pvp greifer, or a fluffy carebear that doesn't want anything to do with PvP? I personally feel it's the PvP die-hards- the mouthy ones at least, but it's debatable. Just... go back and read this entire thread. Then go read every PvP>PvE thread. Then go read every PvE>PvP thread. Then make your decision. 

Besides, I never said I wasn't an asshole. I hate the people who make these threads. Also notice that I didn't make any suggestions to change the game. I'm fine with how it is.

Posted

Really don't get why people are trying to change the game. Kr seems to enjoy the system in place, thats the target audience. Deal with it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Really don't get why people are trying to change the game. Kr seems to enjoy the system in place, thats the target audience. Deal with it. 

Game's already been changed by the PKer crowd from what it is in KR.

Posted (edited)

Just that we don´t have the KR System.......

KR can decide if they want PvP or not by just ignoring one single Quest.

Edited by Caduryn

Posted

I'm only speaking the truth lol. Don't wanna be called an idiot? don't act like an idiot. Don't wanna be called a thirsty troll? Don't act like a thirsty troll.

Tell me this, who is more likely to fall under the majority of those common player traits? A die-hard pvp greifer, or a fluffy carebear that doesn't want anything to do with PvP? I personally feel it's the PvP die-hards- the mouthy ones at least, but it's debatable. Just... go back and read this entire thread. Then go read every PvP>PvE thread. Then go read every PvE>PvP thread. Then make your decision. 

Besides, I never said I wasn't an asshole. I hate the people who make these threads. Also notice that I didn't make any suggestions to change the game. I'm fine with how it is.

Preaching one love while flaming just makes you look like a simpleton, frankly.

Posted

Wow. Someone is salty.

I've have tried to stay away from PVP as much as possible and have been much more concerned with the actual story-lines, quests, trading and exploring. However, what I have encountered of PVP players has been 100% griefing for no apparent reason.

No, I was not kill stealing someone else's mobs (not like they are owned by anyone yet seeing as we don't have node wars) - I've simply been riding around trading or horse levelling on roads, not going into mob areas where I have been one-shot. Also, just leaving towns is another one where I have been ganked loads of times.

I see no point in this at all. I'm not doing harm to anyone, not even speaking in world chat or anything, just minding my own business playing the game how I want to play it and how I enjoy it, which in the end is what video games are all about. (At least for me).

Yes, I know I could join a PVP guild and do guild-wars and all that stuff for a 'fair fight'...but I really don't want to, because I simply don't want to!

So because of this.....I would love a PVE server, or some kind of PVP system where lvl 45+ players can't be killed by other players if they don't have their own PVP enabled. If you have your PVP enabled, then fair game I suppose, but it's not for me. But by saying PVE players (like me) are ruining the game, is waaaaay off the mark. :')

EDIT: Before you tell me to switch channels, I do every time and there is always another griefer on every other channel too. I wouldn't even post if this hasn't already happened a ridiculous amount of times already.

That's part of the game. That's most of the fun. Having to watch your back. You shouldn't be catered to just because you want to just enjoy trading or crafting. It's all a part of the game and either enjoy it and learn to defend yourself, or play a different game. That's all there is to it. You shouldn't get your own server.  

Posted

Just that we don´t have the KR System.......

yet, does the kr version not favor pvpers even more?

Posted

KR version seems to have a good balance. That whole 'choice' of going further in lvls or.. stop and be able to opt out of the PVP is what most people want, not a nerf to PVP.

Posted

Game's already been changed by the PKer crowd from what it is in KR.

Oddly enough (or maybe not so odd), the game is a much nicer place on NA servers after all the NA people have gone to bed :D

Posted

this game is a PvPVE game, like Old Ultima online or The fourth comming, dont try to change that ! please ! :) 

Posted

yet, does the kr version not favor pvpers even more?

How?

WE have the lvl 45 PvP unlock without any warnings.

WE need to kill us endless to stay below 45.

WE got a soft karma System that no PK Player care about.

Posted

this game is a PvPVE game, like Old Ultima online or The fourth comming, dont try to change that ! please ! :)

Too late, its already been changed to favour PVP

Posted

Unfortunately you wont see many PvP players on the forums, their too busy enjoying the game, but yea PvP players are the majority in this game, and now the carebears are going to just sit on the forums and complain about everything until the game is ruined.. happens every game 

Posted (edited)

That's part of the game. That's most of the fun. Having to watch your back. You shouldn't be catered to just because you want to just enjoy trading or crafting. It's all a part of the game and either enjoy it and learn to defend yourself, or play a different game. That's all there is to it. You shouldn't get your own server.  

Or they could change it so PVP flagged player can only kill other PVP flagged players?

As much as most people will hate to say it, the community has BOTH PVE and PVP players and content (whatever content you think might be adequate for those terms) The fact is it is still there, and will always be there.

There is no use arguing this game has more PVP player or PVE players - it's just an endless circle of forum trolls in the end.

Tweaking a bit of the game to save griefers, gankers and other assholes that are only in the game to hunt/annoy or troll other players who are trying to enjoy the game will not be the end of the game, nor the end of the world for either sides.

Edited by ClearArrow

Posted

complaining on forums is my game 

^

|

|

Preach.

PvF is the real game.

Posted

Preaching one love while flaming just makes you look like a simpleton, frankly.

Flaming? I'm not flaming, it's just stating what I see. Unfortunately you only underlined those parts of that post and actually ignored the point though, right? The primary point was, one can't live without the other. this game is PvPvE, and suck it up. At the end of the day I get along fine with both parties. So.... I think im doing it right.