• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is the games population lowering ?

66 posts in this topic

Posted

Without a doubt this games population is lowering.. its standards! I mean come on Elion's Tears on cash shop anyone? Energy pots and enhance boosters are on the way.

Real population drop will happen after current casuals hit 52-54 range. At that point they wont stand a chance vs already leveled and geared players, and those death XP penalty on PK will hurt deeply. Right now people are happy with losing 10 min worth xp on death, give them time to hit the pain threshold of grinding.

Posted

twitch doesnt mean anything especially when you talk about mmo,people prefer play this games rather that watching someone else play it,
it is pretty boring watching people plays mmo..

Posted

I noticed there isnt as much people watching the live streams on twitch usually 30-100 max viewers compared to bns 200-300 viewer range was it a bad choice for black desert to go b2p compared to its f2p competition bns? Especially when the viewers are declining when its only 1 month compared to bns's steady 3 -4month ish

I don't understand that less people watching stream also means game population going down.

Maybe al those stream watchers went to play BDO instead. 

I also play the game and do not watch any stream. So that's at least one less guy watching a stream and plus one guy for the population of BDO.

Posted

Twitch views... so stupid

Every channel was overrun all weekend long... and this is after they upped the cap... 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If bdo was f2p for us, it would have died within the first week. B2p means it's not likely to go pay to win, and as long as they don't allow pearl items to be sold for silver, it never will. As for twitch viewers, I don't watch because I don't find anyone entertaining. 

*Cough* Ghillie *Cough* If you think that'll be the last little p2w-slip that Daum will slither in. You're not too bright. P2W = Money if all else fails for them, which it will. To OP obviously the population is dwindling, specially the twitch scene as there isn't enough balance in this game. You rek in pvp on BDO? good job, that's some great gear you've farmed there.

I honestly think BDO was designed to be a PvX game focused on immersion. Open world PvP being a key example of this, because if you're running through a world and dislike someone but can't touch them well, that ain't immersive. That's just... linear.

Edited by Hummy

Posted

Without a doubt this games population is lowering.. its standards! I mean come on Elion's Tears on cash shop anyone? Energy pots and enhance boosters are on the way.

Real population drop will happen after current casuals hit 52-54 range. At that point they wont stand a chance vs already leveled and geared players, and those death XP penalty on PK will hurt deeply. Right now people are happy with losing 10 min worth xp on death, give them time to hit the pain threshold of grinding.

Yes the game will die because of elions tear. lmfao. xD

Also: fk Twitch.

Posted

Do people die?

Posted (edited)

Who wants to watch people autofish and autorun? Oh and grind the same mindless mobs for hours. Super entertaining...

Edited by SizzFlair

Posted

There are people in the game right now begging people to watch their stream. 

This is why stream sniping happens :D 

Posted

The servers are not very stable to me.

Posted

Correction, it's not fun to watch grinding, but BDO can be incredibly fun to watch otherwise.  Depends on the content creator and their imagination..

BikeMan, watching you stream just about anything is an exercise in hilarity. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

TBH, I spend so much time in the game I cant watch people play. I've been looking for a good bdo podcast. Like runes of magic had.... hmmm

Check out my new show 'Nodeworthy Podcast' if you get a chance.  It just started, but the game just came to N/A and we plan to be around for a long time.  There is also another cast called BDO Radio that has a great start as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think it's lowering. we just have double the high lvl land mass to play on now

Posted

Probably because NCSoft actually contacted and actively interacted with live streamers as a marketing method. Then you have the good streamers, and the bad streamers. Those who speak and those who don't. Those who read chat and those who don't. And finally recognized streamers and those who stream in the hidden sections of twitch and pop into popular new releases once in a while for the follows.

I remember seeing some top twitch live streamers doing some B&S, for example: Sodapoppin.

Just because of that live streamer more than 10k people got to know about B&S, but if BDO is not doing their outreach right, then I don't blame those twitch numbers, I mean, look at Lol streams, that game is old, there's 70%+/- of the people watching the streams actually in-game and yet they contribute for it to be one of the top games on twitch. Same goes for CS, Smite, Minecraft, HearthStone, etc. And why is LoL so popular in twitch? Well, there are many reasons I can mention, though these are not all:

1. It's easy on one's system, so anyone can play it on pretty much any computer, allowing many more people into the game.
  2. It's competitive, like, really... competitive.
  3. There are many events and media supports them.
  4. Those who excel on this game, get the most numbers because there are people who want to learn techniques, this adds up to the twitch numbers, companies look at those numbers and finally partner with the streamer for advertising.

Disclaimer: This is nowhere a real statement, it's just how i see it. Take it with some sugar or salt, whatever you want, even ketchup.

Then that means Daum has poor marketing strategies compared to the competition... Also you can put to fact before launch of bns there were ads on twitch.

Docgotgame pulls 800-1k  people alone when he plays BDO. Idk what you're viewing. Some streamers are getting paid to play BnS. No one is getting paid to play BDO.

Yeah but only one good steamer? He also has been streaming for bns so there isn't a big advantage for black desert having him stream.

This generation and their fascination with twitch.

I've already seen two games ruined because of the devs retarded focus on making everything oriented towards twitch streamers. I hope this game doesn't cater to them. I don't give a ----- if this game is boring to watch. It's meant to be played.

Twitch is actually a good marketing strat and makes it so the community comes together for events that the company host... also the company can show sneak peaks of upcoming content through twitch making the community more engaged.

1 person likes this

Posted

Then that means Daum has poor marketing strategies compared to the competition... Also you can put to fact before launch of bns there were ads on twitch.

Yeah but only one good steamer? He also has been streaming for bns so there isn't a big advantage for black desert having him stream.

Twitch is actually a good marketing strat and makes it so the community comes together for events that the company host... also the company can show sneak peaks of upcoming content through twitch making the community more engaged.

It depends on the game. Most MMOs fail on Twitch because it's simply not fun to watch somebody ----- around with his horse for fifteen minutes. Relying on Twitch to bring users - as seems to be the case with oh so many games right now - is proving to be really hit and miss. Daum, for example, seems to give important information to obscure youtubers and fansites instead of properly announcing it on their own website. 

The population you gain from twitch is also very fickle. Twitch streamers are, outside of MOBA exceptions (where some streamers can maintain a lot of viewers purely based on the game's nature and their skill), very prone to switching to the newest little game around the block because their entire thing depends on hype. I've been seeing these streamer kids and their herd go from one game to another, over and over. Because that's how they maintain interest and, thus, donations and subs.

As far as the last part goes, a company can do that by itself. It doesn't need to outsource sneak peeks and events to an amateurish third-party twitch streamer.

1 person likes this

Posted

Population is lowering because half of the channels are lagged and not working and Daum EU doesn't do anything about it for a second week in a row now. 

Posted (edited)

I noticed there isnt as much people watching the live streams on twitch usually 30-100 max viewers compared to bns 200-300 viewer range was it a bad choice for black desert to go b2p compared to its f2p competition bns? Especially when the viewers are declining when its only 1 month compared to bns's steady 3 -4month ish

twitch is a "show" kinda like TV.

And no matter how good is to play BDO, it doesnt change that game is a bad streaming game watching it is boring as hell.

Even when the game wasnt even announced for the west, i tried watch somes BDO stream, and after 2min i was bored as hell. ( but i still totaly do love play the game )

Not surprising that game "die" on twitch, but no the game itself is perfectly healthy.

Edited by woots

Posted

This game is boring as hell to watch on a stream. You want to watch someone auto running from place to place? Plus this game just sucks. 

Posted

You heard it here first folks.

Twitch views = Players in-game  

fff.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Clearly this must mean that the tweeners watching streams all day dictate the success of an MMO.  They must be the earning class that supports a game's longevity. lol

Or....maybe.... they're actually playing BDO instead of watching streams of it debating on purchasing it or not?

Posted

The population is guaranteed to go down, and I think that is exactly what Daum wants. This was already a niche game, made more niche by adding in the level 45 PvP and xp loss on death. Love it or hate it, this sort of game is not and never has been mainstream.

The thing is, though... who cares? People put too much emphasis on TOTAL population, when in reality you will only ever deal with one server's worth of people, which is what... ~10,000-20,000 players? Anything above this and the numbers stop affecting you.

Me? I fall in this niche. I'll be here long after they close excess servers and channels. My gameplay won't be harmed, and there will still be plenty to do.

So, yes: the population is dropping and that appears to be by design. Daum made a niche game out of a niche game, meaning they likely want a small but loyal player base; the kind that usually goes along with hardcore PvP games. Just look at EVE. That game is 13 years running and still has a healthy enough player base to keep going. I can see why Daum would be interested in that model.

Posted

Twitch views mean nothing at all dude, it's only natural it wouldn't have many views due to people atm just grinding for levels, you can ask anyone, it isn't very fun to watch someone sitting in 1 grinding spot for hours farming levels.

BDO is a game that isn't entertaining to watch but is very fun to play.

This 100%.  I like watching various games and stuff on Twitch when I am busy doing other things in real life.  However, MMORPG's are boring as hell to watch; even when I play the same game.

Posted (edited)

This 100%.  I like watching various games and stuff on Twitch when I am busy doing other things in real life.  However, MMORPG's are boring as hell to watch; even when I play the same game.

I do have to agree that watching BDO streams is kind of boring, but then again that's what the commentators/streamer job is, making it fun. For example, there's thus guy you should totally watch named "ducksauce"... he sucks (kidding, ban in stream incoming I can feel the duckHammer) lol anyway, that guy is just fun to listen to, whatever game he's playing he makes it fun to the viewers.

Or there's Sodapoppin, with all his noob scum, yet watching the stream and listening some times is fun to watch, I mean WoW arena over and over and over must be boring at one point, but he makes it enjoyable to the viewers /imapelican

Personally... I love watching Skyrim streams, I haven't played that game for about 6 months, but watching a modded skyrim is always fun! Especially the RP ones.

Edited by Yamiino

Posted (edited)

Full of shit is full of shit ... Every time I look at Twitch there are more TOTAL viewers for BDO .... Currently 2173 BDO, 1179 BnS ... But viewers on Twitch have NOTHING to due with server population.

Edited by JudgeHolden
Spelling

Posted

Twitch viewers means nothing in BDO. There are lot of stream snipers who try to find the person and PK. And the top streamers are mostly doing group stuffs that they might not want to talk over in livestream. it's different for BnS though because people stream Arena games only there.