• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Issue With Elion's Tears

35 posts in this topic

Posted

There will be a TL;DR at the bottom of this post.

Backstory: I was farming Shadow Knights at Abandon Monastery and I can usually control the entire back area of the cave to myself. Another players was farming there I told them to leave, they didn't leave so I PK'd them. We've had previous wars with said guild so it wasn't like we weren't used to killing one another. After the first death he pearled, second death pearled, killing him 6 times pearling each time. Ok I was out of karma now and he wasn't leaving obviously so I declared war on his guild to make it easier on my lack of karma. 15 minutes pass and the war begins. Killing him over and over, more and more pearls spent on elion's tears.

NV7MiIi.png

That's 38 GvG kills and 6 PK killing. $22 well worth spent?

What's the issue?: This player spamming tears didn't have any negative effect on me but it made me think more about it as it's happened more than just this one occurrence. Recently in GvG facing another guild in a larger scale more like 30 v 30 if one of the guilds is using Elion's Tear on death they will eventually win, because they paid more money. Now my guild is guilty of it as any other guild might be but I think there could be a simple solution to fix the spam of Elion's Tear. There's many possible solution but the most reasonable would be adding a cooldown to the Elion's Tear itself or allowing it to only be usable once the respawn timer is about half way down.

TL;DR

Spamming Elion's Tear in larger scale pvp can create a significant advantage for the players using them, equally some form of pay to win. I understand pay to convenience but I'm not sure how much of a convenience it is if it can turn the tides of a fight.  

7 people like this

Posted

look guys im supporting development 

3b7176f5cf4520ad168ffc9904b8f4db (1).png

3 people like this

Posted

Should have a cool down.

3 people like this

Posted

Should have a cool down.

A one minute cooldown would probably just be enough if not longer.

1 person likes this

Posted

Try to PvP at lv 56+, 1% of xp loss hurt so much. The other guy will just use Tear and continue to try to kill you.

This is the very definition of P2W, when the others guy has close to your gears and skills, you either run away or take big xp loss which results into hours of grinding gone.

Bosses as well, Tears up and never worry about going to run away or loss of loots.

Posted (edited)

Try to PvP at lv 56+, 1% of xp loss hurt so much. The other guy will just use Tear and continue to try to kill you.

This is the very definition of P2W, when the others guy has close to your gears and skills, you either run away or take big xp loss which results into hours of grinding gone.

Bosses as well, Tears up and never worry about going to run away or loss of loots.

Maybe they can make it PvP based. So if you are killed by a player it gives it a cooldown to use instant respawn on point of death. I'm fine with people using Elion's Tear to spawn back at town or node. Maybe I should of thought of this portion more but the part that is very pay to win in my eyes is being able to respawn back instantly where you just died.

If they just removed the instant spawn where you died it would fix it all to be honest. Elion's Tear to node or town would be very reasonable to me.

Edited by Newbix

Posted (edited)

I made this exact thread addressing this issue a couple days ago, everyone that posted basically called me an idiot, although I'm sure 99% of the people who posted aren't even above 50. I don't think people realize how incredibly abusive tears can be.

Edited by Benjamin
1 person likes this

Posted

A one minute cooldown would probably just be enough if not longer.

That or if you are killed by a player, using a tear automatically shoots you to the nearest town.

Posted

That or if you are killed by a player, using a tear automatically shoots you to the nearest town.

That'd be a good solution.

Posted

What's the point in wasting tears when you keep getting rekt? It's like throwing your money out the window. 

@CM_Jouska Please look for a fix to this.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think they'd make it cost more before nerfing it.  This is a business after all.

Posted

If anything business decision wise it seems like working as intended. Also....

Come one guys it is not p2w, it is just convenience. Nothing you can not get in game. You can farm for that %1 xp, riiiiight? :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I think there needs to be a better option than receiving an exp loss when killed.  Perhaps lose Energy instead and maybe even 15,000silver or some far number from your bags and that 15,000silver goes to your killer.  That way said person who keeps coming back and back will either want to run away and bank his silver before coming back.  And at the very least won't have Energy to do other activities?

Posted

p2w, case in point prove me wrong.

pearl_acc.png

Posted

I think there needs to be a better option than receiving an exp loss when killed.  Perhaps lose Energy instead and maybe even 15,000silver or some far number from your bags and that 15,000silver goes to your killer.  That way said person who keeps coming back and back will either want to run away and bank his silver before coming back.  And at the very least won't have Energy to do other activities?

I think the exp loss will always be in place.

All they need to do is make the elion's tear spawn you at town or node not at origin of death.

Posted

I made this exact thread addressing this issue a couple days ago, everyone that posted basically called me an idiot, although I'm sure 99% of the people who posted aren't even above 50. I don't think people realize how incredibly abusive tears can be.

Idiot... lol jokes but seriously i agree it hurts me inside that people who keep using these seem to have soooooooo many...

I like Alcohol to much to by pearls, This means i can never win

Posted

I am just sad he didn't take that money and buy a cute costume. Look good, play good. It explains everything here D:

Also.. yesh.. tears and stuff.. cool downs.. <insert intelligent commentary here>

Posted (edited)

There will be a TL;DR at the bottom of this post.

Backstory: I was farming Shadow Knights at Abandon Monastery and I can usually control the entire back area of the cave to myself. Another players was farming there I told them to leave, they didn't leave so I PK'd them. We've had previous wars with said guild so it wasn't like we weren't used to killing one another. After the first death he pearled, second death pearled, killing him 6 times pearling each time. Ok I was out of karma now and he wasn't leaving obviously so I declared war on his guild to make it easier on my lack of karma. 15 minutes pass and the war begins. Killing him over and over, more and more pearls spent on elion's tears.

NV7MiIi.png

That's 38 GvG kills and 6 PK killing. $22 well worth spent?

What's the issue?: This player spamming tears didn't have any negative effect on me but it made me think more about it as it's happened more than just this one occurrence. Recently in GvG facing another guild in a larger scale more like 30 v 30 if one of the guilds is using Elion's Tear on death they will eventually win, because they paid more money. Now my guild is guilty of it as any other guild might be but I think there could be a simple solution to fix the spam of Elion's Tear. There's many possible solution but the most reasonable would be adding a cooldown to the Elion's Tear itself or allowing it to only be usable once the respawn timer is about half way down.

TL;DR

Spamming Elion's Tear in larger scale pvp can create a significant advantage for the players using them, equally some form of pay to win. I understand pay to convenience but I'm not sure how much of a convenience it is if it can turn the tides of a fight.  

These Elion's tears are made for people like you, who think they bought the spot or some shit. Fk off with the qq, the Elion tear is as BS as your thread is.

Edited by Kunochil

Posted

This happens when two people, who don't know when to quit, meet each other. I can almost hear the kaching of DAUM's cashier here in the Netherlands :)

KaChing.gif

Posted

Or remove the possibility to use them if you get killed by a player. They are nice for world bosses when you don't want to lose days of grinding in 10m

2 people like this

Posted

These Elion's tears are made for people like you, who think they bought the spot or some shit. Fk off with the qq, the Elion tear is as BS as your thread is.

I don't think you read the post or understand a part of the game.

The spam of Elion's Tear is for the circumstance where it'll give another player or group of  players a dramatic edge over other players in a fight by instant respawning where they had died.

As for the part of the game there's flagging and war declarations in the game for a reason and I'll use them if I feel the need to claim a farming spot on a channel for however long I desire.

Posted

I don't think you read the post or understand a part of the game.

The spam of Elion's Tear is for the circumstance where it'll give another player or group of  players a dramatic edge over other players in a fight by instant respawning where they had died.

As for the part of the game there's flagging and war declarations in the game for a reason and I'll use them if I feel the need to claim a farming spot on a channel for however long I desire.

then dont qq when he will keep reviving with his tears just to ruin your day. What about sharing a damn spot jesus christ..

Posted

then dont qq when he will keep reviving with his tears just to ruin your day. What about sharing a damn spot jesus christ..

-----ING TROLL TARD!

Do you comprehend what you read or just want to troll no matter how dumb it makes you look and no matter how off of topic you are?

Did you read anything he typed at all or just want to troll asap?

-----ing child go troll elsewhere or learn to -----ing read!

I can't believe people are spamming these things like that.  I have used a few, but ----- that rather spend the pearls on better things.

What a waste!  Did he even kill you once?  I mean it looks like he wasted how many potions and was still left at point a?  Holy stupid batman lol

Posted

-----ING TROLL TARD!

Do you comprehend what you read or just want to troll no matter how dumb it makes you look and no matter how off of topic you are?

Did you read anything he typed at all or just want to troll asap?

-----ing child go troll elsewhere or learn to -----ing read!

I can't believe people are spamming these things like that.  I have used a few, but ----- that rather spend the pearls on better things.

What a waste!  Did he even kill you once?  I mean it looks like he wasted how many potions and was still left at point a?  Holy stupid batman lol

wut?

1 person likes this

Posted

wut?

Well did you read his post?

He wasn't complaining about dying or anyone ruing anyone's day.  He took a situation where someone he KEPT KILLING kept using tears to res and noticed that in big gvg battles this can be a big factor.

I mean in a tight gvg fight, it can come down to who has more pots and res elixirs to spam will win not who is better necessarily.

Make more sense now?