• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Fishing Hot Spots - What's the point?

140 posts in this topic

Posted

Why are these even in the game?  I'm a fisher (just hit Master 4) and I have spent some time at minor hot spots,have never been to the ones that are almost all gold... 50 ships in one small area makes me claustrophobic.  I also have 58 fishing titles so I have fished all over the place trying to find all species and get their titles... long way to go!

These hot spots, in my opinion, do a lot of damage to the game.  People that would be fighting monsters are fishing because it's "easy mode"... and not just a few people... tons.  People are clustered into tiny areas and the vast seas are empty except for the hot spots.  I just don't understand why this is necessary.

It also cheapens and trivializes fishing and fishing accomplishments.  Why would I ever need a +15 Mediah rod when I can go to a hot pot and catch many gold fish with a regular rod?  Why aren't there mining hot spots where every node gives gold ore (or whatever is the best)?  Why aren't there spots with 50 horses to tame at all times?

I get that they are in the game, I just wonder why and if we wouldn't be better off if they were gone.

I expect a lot of flack for this post so I want to be clear.  I am not suggesting that fishing at hot spots is cheating or exploiting.  I'm not saying people shouldn't use the existing game mechanic or that choosing to not use them makes someone a better person.  It's just my opinion (and Daum does not change things based on my opinion - so fear not!) that they are not necessary and fishing would be more fun and enjoyable if it required exploration to find the different fishes.  Maybe spots could randomly receive a buff, but there is plenty of money to be made from a regular fishing spot.  No, maybe not a million gold per hour, but fishing is a low risk endeavor.

Just some random thoughts while casting and catching.  If you disagree, that's fine, I don't have coding access so not to worry.

26 people like this

Posted

I read a news that DAUM Korea did and said that the sea of black desert is still in development, so we can expect a lot of content at sea

Posted (edited)

Why Why Why!!! Why the hell do you care? 

Those fishing spots are great money makers even to those who are new to the game! And the money sink is already stronk enough with all your items having over 40 percent of devalue when sold.

Just stay away from forums kid and dont give any more stupid ideas that would only negatively benefit the game. 

Edited by Grendel
1 person likes this

Posted

I have to agree with this. The hot spots do sort of... damage the game.

Posted

I never go there. It is boring and it should be stopped because of economic reasons.

maxresdefault.jpg

Posted

Why Why Why!!! Why the hell do you care? 

Those fishing spots are great money makers even to those who are new to the game! And the money sink is already stronk enough with all your items having over 40 percent of devalue when sold.

Just stay away from forums kid and dont give any more stupid ideas that would only negatively benefit the game. 

I'm not a kid, or your kid, and why do you care that I care?

Maybe you like "easy mode" and that's fine.  Instead of fishing "hot spots" maybe you should invest time into how to have a discussion without acting life a self-righteous something-or-other.

If you don't like my post maybe you should stay away from the forums.  They're just thoughts and ideas and mine are as valid (or completely lacking in validity) as anyone else's.

I respect your right to a differing opinion.  Maybe you could learn to express it like an adult.

17 people like this

Posted

im starting to think the majority of the people who want changes to the game on these forums...are fishers

Posted

Love them i have an alt that will forever be below 45 for when i afk for work or sleep. Put him there with epheria +5 and come back to 180 blue and yellow. Easy millions and safe since it cant be attacked even by all the innoce t i murder on my main.

1 person likes this

Posted

Eventually those fishers will divide in tswo groups: One who gets bored and moves to the next game and one who has to much silver and spoils the market for the ones who haven't been on the hotspots.

Posted

Eventually those fishers will divide in tswo groups: One who gets bored and moves to the next game and one who has to much silver and spoils the market for the ones who haven't been on the hotspots.

I'll be here a long time and I don't care if they keep the hot spots in the game.  I didn't whine or make demands or threaten to leave the game.  I just think they are not a good thing for the game and that fishing would be fine without them.

Love them i have an alt that will forever be below 45 for when i afk for work or sleep. Put him there with epheria +5 and come back to 180 blue and yellow. Easy millions and safe since it cant be attacked even by all the innoce t i murder on my main.

Can't blame you for using them, they're there...might as well.

Posted

Im a prof 4 fishing and I only have time to afk fish./

That fishing spot is great for me.

But I've fished out at sea plenty of times........

Just because we're not all active fishers alia with 3+ hours everyday to grind the sea doesn't mean we should remove the feature from the gmae.

I Like it.

it's easy for me to do and lets me make money and not feel -----ing broken all the time cause I didn't choose to grind farming or buy a trade wagon and trade goods or cook..or alach..or hunt..or breed.. I choose fishing...yeah...

im starting to think the majority of the people who want changes to the game on these forums...are fishers

you got me boss <3

2 people like this

Posted

I don't like hotspots either cause I feel like I am forced to fish there since no where else can earn me as much money. I've spent two days looking for spots but didn't find any better than the known hotspots.

Posted

I don't like hotspots either cause I feel like I am forced to fish there since no where else can earn me as much money. I've spent two days looking for spots but didn't find any better than the known hotspots.

That's partially it too, and I guess that's a flaw in my own character.  I'd much rather go after all the fishing titles, but I feel compelled to make money while everyone else is so I waffle back and forth between exploring/fishing and hot spots. 

I just hate easy-mode, but I'm not going to handcuff myself either.

Posted

I'm not a kid, or your kid, and why do you care that I care?

Maybe you like "easy mode" and that's fine.  Instead of fishing "hot spots" maybe you should invest time into how to have a discussion without acting life a self-righteous something-or-other.

If you don't like my post maybe you should stay away from the forums.  They're just thoughts and ideas and mine are as valid (or completely lacking in validity) as anyone else's.

I respect your right to a differing opinion.  Maybe you could learn to express it like an adult.

The damage is already there. Older players have been making silver this way for over a month. And randomly changing it would only benefit them as someone has to end up filthy rich while the rest could barely earn 300k in a day enough to barely cover one or few enchantment attempts. 

Posted

That's partially it too, and I guess that's a flaw in my own character.  I'd much rather go after all the fishing titles, but I feel compelled to make money while everyone else is so I waffle back and forth between exploring/fishing and hot spots. 

I just hate easy-mode, but I'm not going to handcuff myself either.

I'd be perfectly ok if they keep the hotspots, but they need to buff fishing in other spots. I make more in 10 min at a hotspot than hours fishing in random spots.

Posted

The hotspots should be moved more frequently, and moved far into the ocean. Right now the hotspot at Coastal Cave hasn't moved for what, 1 month+ now? People are saying the hotspots in KR moves around with every weekly maintenance but that certainly isn't the case with this spot. Having a hotspot very close to the beach also kills the whole purpose of making a boat since people can just swim from the shore and hop on someone's boat.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You have wasted your time. Other (not so hot spots) are filled with cracked stuff like hooks, boots, nets, fish bones, and other random worthless stuff.

I am fishing on a remote uninhabited island and catch about 4 yellows every 4 hours. That is good enough for me and I feel more immersive without a 30 or 40 ships around me. Just me and my raft enjoying some sun and sound of the ocean. That is more worth to me than a million silver pieces :)

00168_b.jpg

godess1.png

Edited by Madelief
stuff
1 person likes this

Posted

They are a bit silly. Having a vast ocean, but a few tiny points that end up filled with huge numbers of people feels like it defeats the purpose. Fishing is much more enjoyable if you go out, explore, hunt for different species and nice spots to fish from.

I am not against them existing, but I do think they should run out. You are after all going to fish up a school of fish in almost no time with more than a couple of people there.

Posted

i agree with you but unfortunatelly is part of the game and doubt devs will change it,

i was having fun fishing and climbing the ranking ,i never used the' fishing afk mode', then i found that there was this 'hot spot' and i stopped to fishing because i found pretty useless compete with afk players and more with this 'hot spot' zones,compete with people that fish in hot spot is impossible cuz they get more exp of someone that fish in a 'normal' zone.

Posted

I liked the moving schooling fish spots in AA.

Had to drive around with someone on fish radar or look for birds. Forced exploration and made fishing boats valuable.

1 person likes this

Posted

You have wasted your time. Other (not so hot spots) are filled with cracked stuff like hooks, boots, nets, fish bones, and other random worthless stuff.

I am fishing on a remote uninhabited island and catch about 4 yellows every 4 hours. That is good enough for me and I feel more immersive without a 30 or 40 ships around me. Just me and my raft enjoying some sun and sound of the ocean. That is more worth to me than a million silver pieces :)

00168_b.jpg

godess1.png

No wonder I always loved you!

I didn't even look at hot spots until I was halfway through Artisan and I still hate the crowds.  There is so much pretty scenery and fishing is relaxing and it's fun getting the titles.

PM me, would love to know which island you made home!

Posted (edited)

As I get more into fishing, I have to say I agree.  It's nice to take my raft out and catch all blue/yellows and rake in the silver, but it hardly feels like an accomplishment or challenge at all.  

I mean I won't complain at easy money, but fishing does feel a little watered down in terms of difficulty.

Edited by Anemone

Posted

They are a good source of silver which is why im in one, fish in the one of velia, sell the fiah in calpheon after bargaining, make 1mill pr trip

theres other more profitable ways but its ok, normal fishing anywhere usually got me 400-800k non hotspot fishing due to being able to fish vastly much faster.

once i get skilled 5 and can use the multi fish rod i will likely leave the hotspot for abundant spots, 1-4 fishies at a much much faster rate seems better for money than slowly chugging a hotspot

Posted

I agree that they should remove the hotspots, or spawn them for 1 day each week (since people are going to cry if they completely remove it)

Posted

This fishing hot spots are important for the game. More, nerf fishing compared to KR damage this game in our region. You see, that is open world game and everything is connected. Some people cry they getting PK and cry can not fight because they are outgeared etc. That is the reason game offer other ways to earn in game money.