• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please just stop

46 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been playing the last month or so and I'm an avid viewer and casual commentor on the forums and reddit and I've honestly had enough.

Everytime I browse the forums (or reddit) there is a sh*tload of threads and posts sh*t talking the game and criticising the developers /game designers.

Now dont get me wrong criticism and suggestions are fine and everyone has a right to say as they please but atleast be constructive and polite about it.

I've seen far to many posts that go along the lines of;

"CHANGE THIS OR ELSE ME AnD ALL MY BOYFRIENDS ARE QUITTING!"

"Broken OP, nerf this item"

"If this item gets nerfed i want my money back"

"You owe me a full skill reset because this skill got nerfed."

Sorry I had to vent a little bit and had to type this on my tablet so excuse the errors.

10 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well thats what happends when you release a game with toxic mechanics. It attracts toxic people.

Nothing new here.

Edited by Kunochil
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Understandable, my friend.

People wanting the game to be something it can't be and such...

That shit's getting old but we could see it coming from a mile away.

Embrace it and make fun of them. xD

Edited by Che
3 people like this

Posted

I understand where you are coming from, mate.

Posted

give it time, eventually they will leave and the community that remains will be happy, the MMo mentality has changed in the past 10 years, or should i say the internet has raised some horrible children...and to think, in 20 years time these people will be running our countries.

2 people like this

Posted

"This is killing the game"

This game has been killed so many times...

kenny-south-park.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

give it time, eventually they will leave and the community that remains will be happy, the MMo mentality has changed in the past 10 years, or should i say the internet has raised some horrible children...and to think, in 20 years time these people will be running our countries.

I dont think it has anything to do with MMO mentality changing. Many of us want that old thing back that used to be DaoC or SWG, something this game has tried to hype with its "look at this it's a sandbox PvP game". When infact this game is about as carebear and non-sanbox as it can get. This game was great fun up until hitting 50 and you realize that all those fun things like houses, fishing, horse-breeding and trading is really just a crutch in the grand scheme because it all holds you back.

There are zero ground-breaking or innovative things in this game. The game calls itself PvP, yet there are no rewards for OW-PvP, you need to grind (slowly) in PvE to get to a point where you can go toe-to-toe with other players. Crafting is horribly RNG, same as enhancements, making it even more annoying reaching acceptable levels to take on other players. Flagging and deflagging is a carebear mess resembling nothing but a bad PvE server in other games. And where is the sandbox? You level linear, you spend skills points linear, you go through zones linear, you buy houses linear, you fish linear, you build boats linear. Is there anything in this game that isnt linear?

And this is just a drop in the ocean of all other restrictions.

1 person likes this

Posted

This game attracted 2 of the most toxic communities to ever exist which is Lineage and Archeage and if you mix them together you get this.

Posted

"You owe me a full skill reset because this skill got nerfed."

Don't you think this is a legitimate claim?

What about if you chose long hair and tomorrow they make characters with long hair have -3% xp, would you buy the goddamn appearance change coupon?!

Posted

Unfortunately this is pretty standard for MMO forums. It's been like this since the genre took off, and was so bad in Everquest that they actually took their forums down for a while.

There will always be a portion of the playerbase who thinks that their money is more important than everyone else's, and that the game should suit only them.

Posted

This game attracted 2 of the most toxic communities to ever exist which is Lineage and Archeage and if you mix them together you get this.

But minor changes can alleviate a huge portion of problematic behavior while also leaving both parties neutral or happy.

1 person likes this

Posted

What about if you chose long hair and tomorrow they make characters with long hair have -3% xp, would you buy the goddamn appearance change coupon?!

Dumbest/funniest post I've read so far this morning. :3 *continues to sip coffee*

But I agree OP. Hopefully soon these clowns will move onto a different forum and leave this one, I'm pretty sure a lot of the most vocal whiners don't even actually play the game, they've just created free forum accounts to have a place to be toxic.

Posted

If you purcashed 5 hotdogs and found out they were moldy would you still eat McDonalds. It was a balancing issue it happens in every pvp game.

Posted (edited)

Dumbest/funniest post I've read so far this morning. :3 *continues to sip coffee*
But I agree OP. Hopefully soon these clowns will move onto a different forum and leave this one, I'm pretty sure a lot of the most vocal whiners don't even actually play the game, they've just created free forum accounts to have a place to be toxic.

There is nothing dumb about my analogy.

B*tch please, look at the industry standards, that's what happens on other games, there is a revamp, a change, a nerf to a skill and there is some kind of system to reset it.

Here, the skill reset is a paid CS item, and you want people to purchase it because changes were made to the game? WTF?

Imbecile.

Edited by Nestheross

Posted (edited)

B*tch please, look at the industry standards, that's what happens on other games, there is a revamp, a change, a nerf to a skill and there is some kind of system to reset it.

Here, the skill reset is a paid CS item, and you want people to purchase it because changes were made to the game? WTF?

Imbecile.

You can simply go grind combat skill points and get every skill. That is why it's stupid to demand a full skill reset for slight ability changes in BDO.

Critical thinking is tough. 
And apparently so is coming up with good insults. 
Try harder. 

Edited by LoreleiRose
1 person likes this

Posted

You can simply go grind combat skill points and get every skill.

It is good practice for a company to give you a skill reset in the case these are paid IF they make significant changes to how skills operate.

Do I have to remind you that it is virtually (no pun intended) free for them to do so?

If you want to encourage the opposite behavior, all the power to you, just know that we disagree and that's ok.

Posted

another fanboy mad even though people want to improve this game

I specifically saidcriticm and suggestions are all fine and well until you get everyone saying "change this or we will all quit."

Posted

<snip>

Welcome to game forums lol. I think this one is particularly awful but really not that much more than others.

Imbecile.

I think it's a legit claim when the nerf really changes the skill and overall toolkit of a class. Considering the nerf that did happen and how those skills are still a core part of the toolkit that you'd still lean on it's really more leaning towards the "should do" instead of the "unreasonable not to do" category.

I will, however, 100% agree with you that it would have been a good thing for them to have a script in the game to specifically refund all ranks in a skill (as an opt in system) when it gets changed in case someone wanted to go from, say, max ranks in it + awakened to one / half ranks and unawakened. Giving players skill reset items could easily be abused and fed to other characters etc etc.

Posted

I will, however, 100% agree with you that it would have been a good thing for them to have a script in the game to specifically refund all ranks in a skill (as an opt in system) when it gets changed in case someone wanted to go from, say, max ranks in it + awakened to one / half ranks and unawakened. Giving players skill reset items could easily be abused and fed to other characters etc etc.

I think the pearl inventory is character-specific, they could simply give 3-4 partial resets to a specific character class and that would be it.

Posted

"CHANGE THIS OR ELSE ME AnD ALL MY BOYFRIENDS ARE QUITTING!"

lol, what?

you have issues, the least of which is being overly sensitive about the game you play 

Posted

lol, what?

you have issues, the least of which is being overly sensitive about the game you play 

There was literally 10posts a day about people not wanting something changed or they threatened to quit.

Imbecile.

There literally is, if you cant see that than I wont bother arguing with you.

Posted

only 10?

just not sure what anybody's "boyfriends" has to do with anything

are you hating on gays or women? just wondering

Posted (edited)

only 10?

just not sure what anybody's "boyfriends" has to do with anything

are you hating on gays or women? just wondering

Is this a joke? I honestly hope you're trying to be commical or something.

Edit ; Ironic beauseI am a woman and am currently in a man on man relationship. 

Edited by Inmysight

Posted

so, uh, are you jealous or something? not a joke, just seemed like a really odd statement to make, I have never seen anyone quitting mention their 'boyfriends'. maybe I missed something.

Posted

Ah, the daily 'stfu' thread