• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

We need to get the trade function working...

90 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So, this is a MMO, where you mostly play with a group of friends or guilds, people usually focus on different things, e.g. in my group of friends some are focusing on farms + cooking, others on fishing, and i am focusing on workers + alchemy.

With the Marketplace having a Lowest-Highest price tag on items, this makes impossible for someone to buy everything they desire, with the amount of people that is trying to do the same things, there is simply no way to have resources for all of us. I don't have enough CP to have 50 workers + huge bank slots + huge amount of nodes to work on + farming spots bla bla bla you get it.

My friends wouldn't mind to trade me their Fruits from their gardens but they can't, my other friends who's constantly grinding wouldn't mind to trade me some of his Grunil armor pieces so that i could use to repair mine, basically we can't help each other, we play together but we work for our selfs. Either Daum could remove the price limit on Market place, which i suppose it would help or they could enable trade again, it's not fun to camp Marketplace NPC for hours just to keep on sniping items. 

I have seen a lot of people complaining about how they don't have enough materials to craft their stuff, and I guess the problem could be solved with enabling trade again, sure the farmers and the bots would start selling silver again and doing their shit, but hey, if the solution to stop bots is to block trade completely I guess that's not the way to go :\ At least make it possible for guilds or add a limit of trades per day/hour.

Edited by berusko
8 people like this

Posted

if the solution to stop bots is to block trade completely I guess that's not the way to go :\ At least make it possible for guilds or add a limit of trades per day/hour.

I agree, limit the amount of trades per day, per week, per month, whatever.

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed...and since they have pretty much solved the whole gold spammer/seller issues with the block and chat filter option, there's no reason not to implement this now.

Posted

I'd rather not enable Personal Transactions for more items to be honest. I find it rather enjoyable to have a gateway to all trade ingame, I never quite enjoyed spending time spamming in a channel to find the items I am looking for. I know I can find it in the marketplace, but maybe not straight away,

Right now a lot of people are stockpiling resources because everything is new and many don't know what they'll need these items for just yet. So selling them is a risk. Heck I stockpiled +10.000 worth of Iron and copper ore before I figured I might as well sell it because I wasn't going to make trade goods from them (I could, but I got better use for my energy).

So if you ask me the situation is going to get a lot better in a few months when people settle in.

5 people like this

Posted

We really need trading. It may be constrained to only work with friends, guildies, whatever, but we need to be able to trade with friends.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why change something that works? 99% of people start this kind of thread want to buy silver (from goldfarmer). Maybe you are the 1% but i dont think so

6 people like this

Posted

Agreed...and since they have pretty much solved the whole gold spammer/seller issues with the block and chat filter option, there's no reason not to implement this now.

People can still google "black desert buy silver". That problem has not been solved

Posted

A single trade of +15 armor or +15 weapon means a guild member  can be geared more than they should be. There are catch up mechanics already in place. This is not WoW, and thank god for that.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

13 people like this

Posted

Why change something that works? 99% of people start this kind of thread want to buy silver (from goldfarmer). Maybe you are the 1% but i dont think so

That is pure BS!

Posted

So, this is a MMO, where you mostly play with a group of friends or guilds, people usually focus on different things, e.g. in my group of friends some are focusing on farms + cooking, others on fishing, and i am focusing on workers + alchemy.

With the Marketplace having a Lowest-Highest price tag on items, this makes impossible for someone to buy everything they desire, with the amount of people that is trying to do the same things, there is simply no way to have resources for all of us. I don't have enough CP to have 50 workers + huge bank slots + huge amount of nodes to work on + farming spots bla bla bla you get it.

My friends wouldn't mind to trade me their Fruits from their gardens but they can't, my other friends who's constantly grinding wouldn't mind to trade me some of his Grunil armor pieces so that i could use to repair mine, basically we can't help each other, we play together but we work for our selfs. Either Daum could remove the price limit on Market place, which i suppose it would help or they could enable trade again, it's not fun to camp Marketplace NPC for hours just to keep on sniping items. 

I have seen a lot of people complaining about how they don't have enough materials to craft their stuff, and I guess the problem could be solved with enabling trade again, sure the farmers and the bots would start selling silver again and doing their shit, but hey, if the solution to stop bots is to block trade completely I guess that's not the way to go :\ At least make it possible for guilds or add a limit of trades per day/hour.

welcome new BDO player with 1 forum post . 
play a bit and you will understand why your idea is crap. 
thank you enjoy your stay in the non-trade BDO.

6 people like this

Posted

People can still google "black desert buy silver". That problem has not been solved

Well, if you're stupid enough to try and buy silver from douchebag companies, you're willing to accept a perma ban..

Posted

A single trade of +15 armor or +15 weapon means a guild member  can be geared more than they should be. There are catch up mechanics already in place. This is not WoW, and thank god for that.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Posted

Trading thread, to enable trading? 

Hard no. the cons outweight the pros by so much its pointless to go over it again, BDO is not designed for it, and does not need to become every other MMO. As hater fanboy harsh as it sounds, godamn adapt to it and enjoy a new game, no one will miss the ulta hard "zomg turn BDO into the average MMO with no new stuff pls!" people when they leave anyways.

2 people like this

Posted

yes please we need trading, its a MMO...

Posted

I'ld prefer free market but don't waste your time,Daum doesn't give a shit as long as CS works and many ppl seem to like this single player system:/

Posted

Well, if you're stupid enough to try and buy silver from douchebag companies, you're willing to accept a perma ban..

Sure but you were making an irrelevant point that somehow because of chat filters, we should be able to 1v1 trade other items

Posted

welcome new BDO player with 1 forum post . play a bit and you will understand why your idea is crap. 
thank you enjoy your stay in the non-trade BDO.

Says you with no proof or even arguments whatsoever. If you actually played the game a bit you'd notice why having no trading is extremely detrimental to a game that's built around playing with friends and working together(you know, an MMO).

Posted

I wish I could trade with friends..

Either let everything traded be character bound and everything made from it character bound, no boss items or rare drops or enchanted items.

Or let it be like a 1 on 1 marketplace - I pay the same prices, taxes for the region I am in, for whatever goods I get - Its just a trade between my friend and I, so I am guaranteed getting the items.

2 people like this

Posted

I would really like more open trade, but I'm also not sure how to go about it while minimizing goldsellers.

Best solution I've heard of is requiring trading with someone to require a certain amount of familiarity, like having been in the same guild for a certain amount of time, or having been friends for a certain amount of time. Me personally? I'm in favour of each player being able to trade with every other player up to a certain "trade imbalance", and this trade imbalance would increase depending on factors like friendship, guildmate status, character/account age etc.

Posted

Says you with no proof or even arguments whatsoever. If you actually played the game a bit you'd notice why having no trading is extremely detrimental to a game that's built around playing with friends and working together(you know, an MMO).

blablablablalblablablabla
sorry but this game is not built around playing with friends, PROOF ? there is no trading.
it's built around guild versus guild.
having no guild that can use $$$$$$$$$$$$ to power up their members is perfect in a guild versus guild game.
you're playing the wrong game.

-Sizer

Posted

Yep, without trading a huge part of the game looks like solo...

Add trade to allow extra interactions between players, more players economy, new crafters or harvesters roles, crafting guilds, and many other realist functions, this game could be better even if it's atm a really good one !

Posted (edited)

sorry but this game is not built around playing with friends, PROOF ? there is no trading.
it's built around guild versus guild.
having no guild that can use $$$$$$$$$$$$ to power up their members is perfect in a guild versus guild game.
you're playing the wrong game.

edit 1 : as far as CP goes. you can always get more.
-Sizer

•  
Edited by Sizer
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I personally don't care if worker gatherable common materials are tradable. For example iron ore is tradable but power of flame is not. Pine timer is tradable but pine sap is not etc etc. Rough stones, Logs, animal meat, leathers, and other items that need to be manually gathered cannot be traded. 

Once traded, items cannot be sold to the AH and can only be used to craft items for personal use.  If a noble wagon was crafted using traded materials, that wagon license cannot be sold or traded to the AH. 

Food is already tradable so you can have one person be the brewer and give beer to a friend and the friend makes milk tea and other buff items. 

edit 1 : as far as CP goes. you can always get more.
-Sizer

I only have 138 CP and that's more than enough to have several work shops, 25 workers, many gathering nodes, and connected all the major cities from epheria port to altinova and all the cities in between. And my characters are barely keeping up with processing all those materials and craft items. And already have a back log of items to sell to the trader, over 1000+ special sunflowers that need to be crated, plywood to be crated.... I can't imagine the micromanagemnet nightmare that people with 200+ CP are dealing with. 

I am running out of blackstone powder tho. Need to crush more cheap socket crystals. 

Edited by HayamaLinnus

Posted

Sure but you were making an irrelevant point that somehow because of chat filters, we should be able to 1v1 trade other items

I don't think it's irrelevant at all. Because of the chat filter and block function, you don't see the gold spammers and sellers therefore eliminating the need for no-trade. And if you go to the gold seller sites, you're an idiot for risking your account. What's the issue?

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's irrelevant at all. Because of the chat filter and block function, you don't see the gold spammers and sellers therefore eliminating the need for no-trade. And if you go to the gold seller sites, you're an idiot for risking your account. What's the issue?

The no-trade system was not implemented to prevent gold sellers from spamming the chat. It was implemented to prevent people from buying gold (or items) and gaining an advantage. Sure, if we remove the trade restriction we now have the ability to filter out the inevitable influx of gold spammers, but it still introduces a way for people to pay money to gain an advantage.

Edited by Walker Boh

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0