• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

We need to get the trade function working...

90 posts in this topic

Posted

So, this is a MMO, where you mostly play with a group of friends or guilds, people usually focus on different things, e.g. in my group of friends some are focusing on farms + cooking, others on fishing, and i am focusing on workers + alchemy.

With the Marketplace having a Lowest-Highest price tag on items, this makes impossible for someone to buy everything they desire, with the amount of people that is trying to do the same things, there is simply no way to have resources for all of us. I don't have enough CP to have 50 workers + huge bank slots + huge amount of nodes to work on + farming spots bla bla bla you get it.

My friends wouldn't mind to trade me their Fruits from their gardens but they can't, my other friends who's constantly grinding wouldn't mind to trade me some of his Grunil armor pieces so that i could use to repair mine, basically we can't help each other, we play together but we work for our selfs. Either Daum could remove the price limit on Market place, which i suppose it would help or they could enable trade again, it's not fun to camp Marketplace NPC for hours just to keep on sniping items. 

I have seen a lot of people complaining about how they don't have enough materials to craft their stuff, and I guess the problem could be solved with enabling trade again, sure the farmers and the bots would start selling silver again and doing their shit, but hey, if the solution to stop bots is to block trade completely I guess that's not the way to go :\ At least make it possible for guilds or add a limit of trades per day/hour.

NO

1 person likes this

Posted

So, this is a MMO, where you mostly play with a group of friends or guilds, people usually focus on different things, e.g. in my group of friends some are focusing on farms + cooking, others on fishing, and i am focusing on workers + alchemy.

With the Marketplace having a Lowest-Highest price tag on items, this makes impossible for someone to buy everything they desire, with the amount of people that is trying to do the same things, there is simply no way to have resources for all of us. I don't have enough CP to have 50 workers + huge bank slots + huge amount of nodes to work on + farming spots bla bla bla you get it.

My friends wouldn't mind to trade me their Fruits from their gardens but they can't, my other friends who's constantly grinding wouldn't mind to trade me some of his Grunil armor pieces so that i could use to repair mine, basically we can't help each other, we play together but we work for our selfs. Either Daum could remove the price limit on Market place, which i suppose it would help or they could enable trade again, it's not fun to camp Marketplace NPC for hours just to keep on sniping items. 

I have seen a lot of people complaining about how they don't have enough materials to craft their stuff, and I guess the problem could be solved with enabling trade again, sure the farmers and the bots would start selling silver again and doing their shit, but hey, if the solution to stop bots is to block trade completely I guess that's not the way to go :\ At least make it possible for guilds or add a limit of trades per day/hour.

Maybe I'm just one of the few people that doesn't mind that the current trade system is good for solo players. It's really nice to not be forced to rely on X, Y, and Z player in order to "catch up." My progress in the game is more meaningful than it has been in games like Warcraft, Rift, ESO, Wildstar, FFXIV, etc;. It's a far greater nuisance to see gold spam in chat every 5 seconds.

Posted

This is the first MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME where players cannot trade with one another.

Rip

Posted

Well I hope developers do have enought common sense and they don't listen to every complain forum whiners tend to throw at them.

Yes, and I hope they pay the same attention to the non-existant karma "issue" that PvPlebs keep bringing up.

Posted (edited)

I gotta agree with the adding Trade to the game. I usually play with RL friends, and this game has been one of the most frustrating experiences for trying to actually work together on anything outside of grinding.

- Find a wild horse but the person who needs it the most has no rope/sugar? No problem, I have some right here! Lets just pop open a trade wind-... ah, right. 
- Time to make a boat! But wait! I lack a material. But what's this? Let me give my buddy a call and see if he can help me out! He's the gatherer of the group, you know? I like making stuff more than gathering! So I give him a call and suggest he tra-... ah, right. 
- Lets all grind together! Hey, this is great, we've been at it for hours and OMGTHISWEAPONTHATDROPPED! It's perfect for my leveling partner, and ordered looting gave it to ME! I got ya, pal; not a problem! I would never sell something you can so readily use. Let me just pass this on over to yo-... ah, right.

Not even to mention the applications it would have in the in-game economy.

- Bounty hunters? Forget some in-game system; this jerk named "GankedYoMama" killed the crap out of me while I was fishing! I'll give you 100,000 to go make him pay! Here's half up fro- ... ah, right.
- Going somewhere dangerous? Not a problem at all! Our super awesome and amazing bodyguard service is here to protect YOU! For a small fee of 25,000 every 15 minutes, we'll follow you along and keep you safe. When we arrive at the destination, just pop open a trad-... ah, right.
- Your guild at war and need supplies? Everyone has you on their KOS list and you just ran out of beer! No sweat, because my super awesome war-time delivery service can help YOU! Give me a list of what you need and for a reasonable little markup fee I will go get it and bring it back to yo- ... ah, right.

At the end of the day, your total interaction with other players is limited to talking, grinding, or ganking. Maybe some other types of PvP but other than that, you're basically playing a single player game.

If they ever added trade, I can assure you I would be one happy camper.

Pretty much this. But apparently every single one of those points and more are moot because "omg gold sellers trolololol, you just wanna buy gold!"

Though I give the game credit as it simulates RL quite well, the vast majority don't want to share with others and everyone hates everybody else, also the economy is a huge mess.

Edited by Tamuril

Posted (edited)

Seeing all the no trade fanboys with their "MUH GOLDSELLERZ" "arguments" lmao. 

Edited by Reik

Posted

Just what people need. Boyfriends splitting gear with girlfriends and the top guilds trickling down gear. You guys don't think. 

Least the hard earned gear stays within the guild instead of on the market where your opponents can benefit...

You guys don't think !

Posted

trade will ruin the game in part especially because people can trade weapon/gear and get +15 with no efforts..

Posted

No, please leave the trading as is.

Posted

How is it an advantage when your account gets banned if you buy from gold sellers?

Your account is not guaranteed to get banned. Plenty of people have been buying gold for years on many MMOs.

I'm still struggling to understand how it is that you think that having chat filter now means we should implement 1v1 trading? Where's the connection?

Posted

Least the hard earned gear stays within the guild instead of on the market where your opponents can benefit...

You guys don't think !

Anyone can join a guild. You're supporting gold and item sellers. I buy liverto with real money - join botter guild - they trade me liverto- i leave after cool down.

you guys don't think !

or is it that you want to have something to exploit? 

Posted

Anyone can join a guild. You're supporting gold and item sellers. I buy liverto with real money - join botter guild - they trade me liverto- i leave after cool down.

you guys don't think !

or is it that you want to have something to exploit? 

And what you going to tell the guild you left to go pick your weap up?  Oh sorry just went for a smoke break for a couple of days ?!

A guild with people constantly streaming in and out after picking up weaps/armour will stick out like a sore thumb and all those transactions easily trackable..

The botter guild members names and guild name will highly likely be a dead giveaway as well....  It certainly won't long for people to get clued up and know exactly whats going on and report it...

For your info I have never cheated in any game, I'm all for grown up adult gaming without exploits/hacks etc and don't see why my game has to suffer because pr*cks cheat, when there's good enough systems and measures to catch and ban these people....

Posted

Daum says no for now and i support it.

Posted

Agreed...and since they have pretty much solved the whole gold spammer/seller issues with the block and chat filter option, there's no reason not to implement this now.

Blocking the spammers doesnt stop RMTing stuff in the game. No matter what little amount of trading they have open it will happen and it will unbalance the game IMMENSELY.

For example they had ONLY potion trading when the game was released and they just farmed gold sold "silver" as potions you then AH/Vendor the potions and BAM you are rich with real money. 

Trading 'if done right' would always be a good thing, but because people always want to get ahead of each other and are willing to use real money to do it it can not happen in this game or we will be completely consumed with whales. Wait till +16-+20 comes out, if RMT is in the game then noone will be able to keep up.

And what you going to tell the guild you left to go pick your weap up?  Oh sorry just went for a smoke break for a couple of days ?!

A guild with people constantly streaming in and out after picking up weaps/armour will stick out like a sore thumb and all those transactions easily trackable..

The botter guild members names and guild name will highly likely be a dead giveaway as well....  It certainly won't long for people to get clued up and know exactly whats going on and report it...

For your info I have never cheated in any game, I'm all for grown up adult gaming without exploits/hacks etc and don't see why my game has to suffer because pr*cks cheat, when there's good enough systems and measures to catch and ban these people....

Ummm, RMT is not cheating. Its trading real money for silver in a game. It can be done with the cash shop making it not "illegal" as in once gifting is back and if trading comes in then you gift me an item and I trade u silver for it. Boom RMT legal.

That being said, look at other games like the KR version of this or Archeage. Once +16 to +20 comes out if they implement any kind of trading then we are instantly able to pay to win to +20 and people who work for there gear instead of RMT are stuck at +16 or +17 if they are lucky in a few weeks.

Its not so "hopefully people do the greater good" because they wont. People will RMT and RUIN this games economy. You dont need to be a botter to sell silver. I can make upwards of 10mill a day pretty easily, (Best I've made yet was somewhere like 16mill in one day) from fishing, packs and getting lucky on a few drops. Im not that interested in being +1 geared yolo swag champion in the game so what can I do with my gold, Oh they implemented in guild trading like suggested? Ill sell 10 mill a day for 50$ USD or whatever the price may be and BOOM ----- the economy of the game I'm making real life money. ***ALL HYPOTHETICAL*** 

If they make trading a thing in this game I know 60+ people that will 100% quit forsure and another 100 that are on the fence about it. 

Posted

Everything you said that is unlikely to happen will happen. Gold sellers can already issue 2 mil contacts to people that pay. Would you pay to take week off from bdo? Login - collect - log out. At the end of the week buy a liverto for $10 and nearly zero effort? There are those that do it. You're just going to help them cut corners.

Posted

A single trade of +15 armor or +15 weapon means a guild member  can be geared more than they should be. There are catch up mechanics already in place. This is not WoW, and thank god for that.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This.

Can we stop with these posts? If it was something they even slightly thought about, they would poll it, just like they did auto looping.

Its not happening.

Stop trying to make it happen. 

Posted (edited)

Interview with DaumGames EU

• What solution is being worked on regarding the "No-Trade" issue for social players and their guild?

The game has been conceptualized to work without the requirement of "trading" items. We have recently added the "party loot bag" which enables at least grabbing items from group play efforts. Other than that we are currently not interested in adding such mechanics into the game. Once the service is stabilized and all processes properly established we might reevaluate this feature.

*Added emphasis for those who have trouble reading.  They are not interested in it, many players support this decision.  They MIGHT reevaluate this feature after everything else. 

Edited by Tollwutig

Posted

+ 1 The long way of saying 'No'

Posted

The only people that "really need" player trading are gold sellers.

WAI

Posted

Why change something that works? 99% of people start this kind of thread want to buy silver (from goldfarmer). Maybe you are the 1% but i dont think so

It's really sad if people need to argue with statistic that they pulled out of their a** and false accusations because they have nothing else to argue with.

Here's your fish: <))<

Posted

As soon as you allow gatherables/craftables to be traded between players, then players will be able to purchase multiple accounts to circumvent the energy constraint on crafting.

1) logging multiple accounts in simultaneously is trivial
2) multiple, say 3, accounts = 3x the energy to use and 3x the CP to use
3) ability to trade resources incentivizes multi-boxing the crafting game

Bad idea.  Multiple accounts would be pretty much the ultimate in p2w

Posted

Well I hope developers do have enought common sense and they don't listen to every complain forum whiners tend to throw at them.

Why do you imagine our version is so vastly different already?

Yup..you guessed it.....

Posted

make it so that only lvl 50+ characters can trade, that way when you ban a gold seller they will have to lvl up to 50 again, im sure they wont go through that more than once

1 person likes this

Posted

Not even gonna argue with the stupid fanboys whos only gonna parrot the same phrase over and over and OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVEROVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVEROVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVEROVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVEROVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVEROVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVEROVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVEROVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVEROVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVEROVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVEROVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVEROVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVEROVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVEROVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. 

Which is "No trade, no gold spammer". Let the hermits talk here.

If you support a sort of trading between player to player, go visit this page and keep alive and keep tagging the CM lol

Actually Jouska has already said his gonna take this thread into account and submit it, although its not a free trade idea, its a trade that will make trading narrow, so if i wanna give something to a guild mate, although he has to work for the price, at least I know his gonna get it as oppose to the stupid "trading" we have now, which for some stupid reason half the community things is good LOL. (I wanna give some items to a friend, not only does he have to buy it, he also has to fight over other idiots for it LOL, talk about stupidity at its finest).

Obviously, fanboys will drop into the thread and just drop a TL:DR statement without ever reading the threads content, thats what theyre best for, commenting without reading LOL.

Hermit.thumb.jpg.51cd44690da2f76d17911f3

make it so that only lvl 50+ characters can trade, that way when you ban a gold seller they will have to lvl up to 50 again, im sure they wont go through that more than once

IDK about that lol, but hey, why not lol. 

Posted

no reason to change it. if you want to help your low levels, go grind a high level area. I would rather people not be rewarded for buying gold and screwing up the economy.

Just play the damn game.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0