• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Auto-Path Looping

Do you want the auto-path looping feature added to the game?   10,440 votes

1. 1. Do you want the auto-path looping feature added to the game?

• Yes, I want auto-path looping added.
    • No, I do not want auto-path looping added.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,742 posts in this topic

Posted

Do you know how long it takes to lvl horses?

Posted

Im of the mind that killing Ghillie suit people is a rational path.  The Ghillie suit is an indicator that somebody is messing around and going to pull a fast one.   It's a operational security concern, and its not like I can just whisper the person and say... please take off the suit or we have to kill you.  If people are farming in a spot that my group has claimed, we cant even be polite and ask them to find another hallway or side zone.  Ghillie suit is a different monster here.

Actually I use mine for gathering primarily.  Secondarily, I use it to avoid on sight ganks because my guild likes to flag up a ton and I sometimes like to be in the same channel.

Also, I don't understand the logic from the PoV of Breeders either. If they make it easy to level horses and therefor breed them, doesn't that cheapen the entire system? The whole reason why I ever bought a T3 early on was because it was difficult for me (or rather time consuming) to level and breed one myself. When this becomes a thing I can set up to occur overnight or while I'm at work, why would I ever buy one from someone else? Why would I give you millions of Silver when I can just as easily do this myself? 

Sure, there will be plenty of people who will buy (because breeding isn't their thing, they want shortcuts to the next tier, etc) but at the end of the day, because it's become SO MUCH EASIER, supply will exceed demand.

For those that aren't hardcore breeders, why not just play the game and let your horse level up organically? 

The negative is right there in what you said. The reason that an economy works, in general, is because people buy products or services that they can't (or don't want to) produce or perform themselves. You don't spend stupid amounts of money on a car because you can build that exact thing yourself. You bought that car because you can't (or don't want to) make that car yourself.

Now imagine what would happen to the world if we woke up tomorrow and everyone could build, do, and produce everything themselves. Is that necessarily a bad thing? No but the related economy goes into the trash. If I suddenly realized I could easily produce Ferrari's I'd be doing it and trying to sell them. So would everyone else. Next thing you know the rarity and prestige of owning one of those has lost all value because everyone has one and the supply outweighing demand will have driven prices into the ground. More related to this game, since we can't choose our own prices, the market will get full and just stay that way. Sales will be rare where only those lucky enough to get certain horse-skills will actually be sellable.

Look at any MMO you've ever played and what happens to craftable items when the devs introduce higher levels or better crafting gear and suddenly those older (but still good) items become crazy easy to produce. Tons of them show up on the market. Undercutting begins. They end up being worthless.

More than anything else though I'm fully opposed to shortcuts (because this is just a shortcut to leveling something). On top of that, do we really need ANOTHER  feature in this game that encourages people to just be AFK rather than playing the game and/or communicating with others? This is a feature that I think served a better purpose in its original form, a catch up for players coming into the game at a significantly later time. Otherwise, I feel that this should be something that levels organically as you play. 

Yeah, I know. It's totally irrational but I'm standing by it. I mean, I'm not doing anything that the game doesn't already allow, however ridiculous it is. Just like the idea of this feature!

Just look at the price of Zinc ore.  Before patch it could only be manually gathered, now there's nodes and it's worth jack shit.

Posted

"They had no other choice"

Except adding higher tiers is part of the natural progression of the game.

Auto looping doesn't directly benefit gear or bank.

eventually, sure, once the majority of players reach the cap.  We've had this game for less than 2 months and everyone wants to compare our game systems to what they have in Korea which has been out for 2 years.  Let the game and the player base grow a bit into what we already have before trying to accelerate everything to what people have in other regions that have had the game for much much longer.

My point was that in Korea things escalated much differently and much slower than what people seem to be clamoring for here.

Posted

I think you overestimate the effect of looping waypoints. You still have to tame the horses yourself, you have to dedicate many hours to level up the horses, and I really should emphasize *many* hours. And once they add higher tier horses, those numbers will go up by a lot. And as someone else said, the interesting part of this process is taming horses and breeding them. Running back and forth isn't very compelling to do. Right now, most people are setting up waypoints far away and updating them now and then. Looping waypoints is very similar to that, but it removes one tedious element.

LOLwut?  You can breed a horse in no time at all.  You can buy Tier 1's and Tier 2's at any point and bypass the capturing if you don't feel up to learning the mini game.  If it takes you longer than a minute to buy carrots, click on the map a few times to auto loop, and check box the auto eat carrot at 20% button, then you've got some other issues going on IRL.  True, auto looping is comparable to the current manual method, the difference being the 8 hours of auto leveling people get while sleeping and the 8 hours of autolooping people get whlie at work.  That would give the current trainers too small of a lead over AFK trainers.  

Side note, it needs to have a gap closer to auto fishing does to manual fishing.  It would be similar to auto fishing if every auto loop STOPPED at the end of each loop for an extra 5x the amount of time spent auto running.  That's how absurd auto looping is compared to fishing (for reference).

It's still better than nothing though :P

His point is solid though, people are complaining that it takes days to level up a stat that essentially means they are working the equivalent of like 10 cents an hour lol

Posted

LOLwut?  You can breed a horse in no time at all.  You can buy Tier 1's and Tier 2's at any point and bypass the capturing if you don't feel up to learning the mini game.  If it takes you longer than a minute to buy carrots, click on the map a few times to auto loop, and check box the auto eat carrot at 20% button, then you've got some other issues going on IRL.  True, auto looping is comparable to the current manual method, the difference being the 8 hours of auto leveling people get while sleeping and the 8 hours of autolooping people get whlie at work.  That would give the current trainers too small of a lead over AFK trainers.  

Side note, it needs to have a gap closer to auto fishing does to manual fishing.  It would be similar to auto fishing if every auto loop STOPPED at the end of each loop for an extra 5x the amount of time spent auto running.  That's how absurd auto looping is compared to fishing (for reference).

His point is solid though, people are complaining that it takes days to level up a stat that essentially means they are working the equivalent of like 10 cents an hour lol

I agree that adding some kind of way to slow down the exp/h for afk looping isn't a bad idea, it makes sense.

better than a beer a day :D

I'd like to see a greater gain from strength for sure.

Also you can use your loyalty to increase your max weight for those that think strength is the only way

Posted

No it won't.

It will..  +15 weapons sell for a hefty price now... because they are in demand and supply is low.
What if everybody will sell +15 weapons all of a sudden? (prices will plummet and +15 will be useless / nothing better than +0 weapon because everybody has one)

This will happen the same with the horse market. (prices are set by the game)
But if I breed a ugly ass t5/6 people wont buy it because there are 20 other good looking horses on the market (with maybe lower stats)
that means i put effort into breeding a good horse that wont sell because of looks.. 

Without autolooping and low supply of higher tier horses people would buy it just because its a higher tier / has better stats than they have.
Most people buy 1/2 horses for daily usage (stats wont fall on death so it doesnt matter if they die)

with autolooping my bred horses can sit at the market for ages because of their looks.
In a few months there will be higher tiers sold by people breeding them.  they will be rewarded for their effort (and not for afking)
Autolooping will kill the market.. and the only option to counter this is too put in higher tiers or no afking.

This game should go on and care about the endgame.. not give you the endgame items in a few months because people will leave the game because they have nothing to put their time in.. (pvp gets boring in a while)

Posted

It will..  +15 weapons sell for a hefty price now... because they are in demand and supply is low.What if everybody will sell +15 weapons all of a sudden? (prices will plummet and +15 will be useless / nothing better than +0 weapon because everybody has one)

But if I breed a ugly ass t5/6 people wont buy it because there are 20 other good looking horses on the market (with maybe lower stats)
that means i put effort into breeding a good horse that wont sell because of looks.. 

Without autolooping and low supply of higher tier horses people would buy it just because its a higher tier / has better stats than they have.
Most people buy 1/2 horses for daily usage (stats wont fall on death so it doesnt matter if they die)

with autolooping my bred horses can sit at the market for ages because of their looks.
In a few months there will be higher tiers sold by people breeding them.  they will be rewarded for their effort (and not for afking)
Autolooping will kill the market.. and the only option to counter this is too put in higher tiers or no afking.

This game should go on and care about the endgame.. not give you the endgame items in a few months because people will leave the game because they have nothing to put their time in.. (pvp gets boring in a while)

From a profit perspective I'd like an option to sell my horses to a vendor for their market prices.  ----- the non breeders that think I'm going to pass them a tier 4 for 160k.  I'd sooner release it into the wild for nothing.

4 people like this

Posted

No, no no no, no. 

1 person likes this

Posted

It will..  +15 weapons sell for a hefty price now... because they are in demand and supply is low.What if everybody will sell +15 weapons all of a sudden? (prices will plummet and +15 will be useless / nothing better than +0 weapon because everybody has one)

With training time = reward. Sure the level 1 non skilled horse might become more common (anything is more common than current markets which are empty 90% of the time t4+)

Baseline horses really aren't worth all that much to begin with. It's the levelled ones with the good skills that are the ones truly worth selling, and with or without auto pathing it is till going to be quite a long time before breeders are ready to sell max tier max level horses with some of / all of the better skills. Especially since right now most breeders aren't setting up to sell t6's, they're setting up to get t7 and eventually t8 horses (t9 inc). The market isn't going to sudden;y flood with t6 horses because of the auto loop feature.

Posted

The issue is no one is forcing you to do this. You don't have to be spending all your time doing it. I understand that being able to level your horses while AFK sounds great because then you can focus on other parts of the game like you said. What about the other Life Skills? The top Cooks, Traders, Alchemists are probably spending a lot of their time being highly ranked as well. Would you be okay if they got an AFK mechanic? If you are, then it's a step in the wrong direction in my opinion. Maybe we need fast travel locations at cities as well so instead of running across the map I can spend that time doing something else in the game.

No the issue is and I will easily put in comparison the people processing that are hitting Master already , and I have same amount of time played and put into taming and am in professional. I have a guild that has divisions specifically for these things and I never play the game afk and with MORE play time and I mean they are on 7 days worth of hours play time I am at 11 days worth, they are in Master and I am. At professional I don't even get .15 to a lvl for a horse, and it takes over 16 hours to get it to even lvl 15 maybe if I am lucky. 

They play other parts of the game, and are lvling and are lvl 50 already along with various other crafts. I haven't hit 40 and have done nothing but horses , and the highest is Professional 9 atm. Which happened today. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is such a messy POST lol T.T:

Alright let me try putting this into perspective for you. A good portion of my guild is within the top 30 in every single area of the game on the server. Breeding gives trainers no points and lvling barely gives you anything at all. 

Even our alchemists are much higher in ranking than our trainers who as I said put 4 days of play time difference that is 96 hours more play time minimum and those alchemist are lvl 50 or higher, have other professions up as well and are in a much better position than any horse tamer/breeder. Unless you have done horse training to the higher tiers lvl and have guildies at the same ranking that you can compare with similar amount of time put into the game NOT AFK at all. You really can't understand or see the difference. If you can't at this point then I am sorry but I will no longer be responding to your posts because you are being illogical. 

Alchemy: even small things give you experience towards it including towards your level in game.

I catch a horse I won't get anything pretty much. Yes I chose to do horses but to even possibly keep up it is literally all you can do at all. Our alchemists, fishers, cooks, have been able to grind out black stones that are in the top 10 even and get their gear to +10. I have 8 blackstones from when I initially leveled my character to get to where i can reach the different area for horses safely . There really is a huge difference between what you get even level wise in other profession when you don't get anything for training in comparison to the others. 

If you want to complain at this point about something added and successfully implemented in the other versions not NA go for it. There is no form of mathematical logic that will get through at this point otherwise if you can't understand by now. 

Posted (edited)

Why not make every mount and breath/health/strength max level from the get go while you are at it instead of making us waste electricity? WTF Is that, calling an auto-looping a "feature"??? 

Edited by CouilleGrinder

Posted (edited)

Edit:  Woke up a little and re-read what I commented on.  Deleted old comment.

Edited by Haytar
Doesn't seem to be a delete post option

Posted

This assumes that the horse market works the same as the normal market.  Which I am pretty sure it doesn't.  The normal market has a max high/ max low and adjusts according to what things are listed at and how they sell.  The horse market is a fixed price.  No variable to adjust, it just is what it is.    I could be wrong with this and have only been watching my own horses prices.  But how it looks now the "devaluing horses" argument seems rather moot.

Its about the type of horses..  For example you can buy a Kia, Dacia , Lamborghini and a Ferrari for the same price.. 
Which one would you get?  they would all be the same tiers.. maybe all even fast.. but i bet you will go for the lambo or the ferrari because they look way better

due too this the "ugly" higher tiers wont get sold = waste of effort breeding.
Horse prices are fixed by the server (lvl / skills / tier) but if market is flooded it will take a longer time for your horse to sell (if it even sells at all)

Without having a bigger supply your horses will get sold.. (try to sell a non lvled t1/t2
or a high lvl t1/2 without breed attempts at the market now.. you wont sell it anytime soon)
thats what I am saying.

Posted (edited)

Actually I use mine for gathering primarily.  Secondarily, I use it to avoid on sight ganks because my guild likes to flag up a ton and I sometimes like to be in the same channel.

In my opinion, your guild ganking is just as much a reason to kill all Ghillies.  When my guild goes to war, or decide that a group is on the KoS list... its because we need to punish the guild as a whole.  Until people start leaving the guild because the guild tag has become radioactive or until the leadership gets it into their head that their behavior needs to change in response to... at the very least.. my guildmates.  

I believe people can choose to go down the path of morality without punishment in response.  I also believe people can choose the opposite, and that those people are the ones that punishment will be inspiration to change.

From a profit perspective I'd like an option to sell my horses to a vendor for their market prices.  ----- the non breeders that think I'm going to pass them a tier 4 for 160k.  I'd sooner release it into the wild for nothing.

Why?  That comes from a place of spite and nothing more.  Does it really hurt you at all for somebody else to have a T4 horse with no breeding attempts, even through reset?

Also... would you change your mind on selling to the general market if breeding wasn't such a chore?  Maybe with auto pathing, the prices will be more appropriate?  Your investment wouldn't be so severe and you'd be far more able to sell the horses because of how easy it would be to get there.

Edited by TheJayde

Posted

You got triggered. Being insulted for having a opinion. I see nothing changed around here.

and youre beyond being triggered? my opinion is youre a no fun grump. you never raised concern for afk fishing, so why raise concern for afk horseriding? build a wall if you dont like it.

Posted

Its about the type of horses..  For example you can buy a Kia, Dacia , Lamborghini and a Ferrari for the same price.. Which one would you get?  they would all be the same tiers.. maybe all even fast.. but i bet you will go for the lambo or the ferrari because they look way better

due too this the "ugly" higher tiers wont get sold = waste of effort breeding.
Horse prices are fixed by the server (lvl / skills / tier) but if market is flooded it will take a longer time for your horse to sell (if it even sells at all)

Without having a bigger supply your horses will get sold.. (try to sell a non lvled t1/t2
or a high lvl t1/2 without breed attempts at the market now.. you wont sell it anytime soon)thats what I am saying.

Of course t1/2 horses won't sell, you don't need to breed to get those. T3 are really easy to get for anyone. T4 isn't too hard, t5 and 6 take a decent amount of time. 

If people want to sell t6 horses then they can go for it.

Meanwhile other people are prepping for t7 and 8, the actually valuable horses that won't be common and will be in high demand for quite some time.

The reason the t6 market is practically non existant isn't because there are very few t6 horses, it's the fact that breeders are aware that a majority of t6 horses aren't worth selling, and the very small number of them that get good skills are probably being kept as personal mounts over being sold. The fact that it would be made a little easier to get t6 might mean that some t6 might actually start to be put up for sale by people that aren't interested in going higher in later patches, creating a market that isn't there at the moment anyway.

Posted

Of course t1/2 horses won't sell, you don't need to breed to get those. T3 are really easy to get for anyone. T4 isn't too hard, t5 and 6 take a decent amount of time. 

Meanwhile other people are prepping for t7 and 8, the actually valuable horses that won't be common and will be in high demand for quite some time.

The reason the t6 market is practically non existant isn't because there are very few t6 horses, it's the fact that breeders are aware that a majority of t6 horses aren't worth selling, and the very small number of them that get good skills are probably being kept as personal mounts over being sold. The fact that it would be made a little easier to get t6 might mean that some t6 might actually start to be put up for sale by people that aren't interested in going higher in later patches, creating a market that isn't there at the moment anyway.

yeah but t2 + t2 without lvls or 1>4 lvls = t3 

I sell horses too my friends they ride them put them up for breeding i pay them too breed.. 

with 5 people lvling horses that way (by casual riding them) I have a good supply of horses.. 
They sell the horses again and we start over.. this way We go up as a group in tiers and my riding time is 1/5th of the normal time.

I wont keep the higher tiers for myself as i would sell them if i have enough higher tiers... (money is money) 

Posted (edited)

I don't understand this whole argument, I been leveling and breeding horses since it's release, putting in 100s of hours into horses alone just as much of everyone here calling themselves "real breeders" or " legitimate breeder" But I don't feel this new feature diminish my efforts put into my horses when it was not available, I think of it as a tool I can use to continue to pursue other things in the game while continuing my passion of horses in this game. 

In my opinion if there something you feel will take away from your challenge in the game, don't use it.  I for example don't like the idea of being able to hop from channel to channel to get horses to level/rank faster in the game so I don't do it, I stay on one channel all the time, but It does not bother me that others do.  I just challenge myself to do the best I can to learn how to work in my own channel & I feel very much proud of my accomplishments.

anyway just wanted to share my thoughts on the subject and so far Im been very happy with the way dev are releasing it's features to the game. 

Have an awesome gaming day everyone :)

Edited by CyaNideEPiC
3 people like this

Posted

yeah but t2 + t2 without lvls or 1>4 lvls = t3 
I sell horses too my friends they ride them put them up for breeding i pay them too breed.. 

with 5 people lvling horses that way (by casual riding them) I have a good supply of horses.. 
They sell the horses again and we start over.. this way We go up as a group in tiers and my riding time is 1/5th of the normal time.

I wont keep the higher tiers for myself as i would sell them if i have enough higher tiers... (money is money) 

To each their own. 

As I said, the auto pathing won't overflow the high tier market at all, in fact it might actually create one in the first place.

Posted

I don't understand this whole argument, I been leveling and breeding horses since it's release, putting in 100s of hours into horses alone just as much of everyone here calling themselves "real breeders" or " legitimate breeder" But I don't feel this new feature diminish my efforts put into my horses when it was not available, I think of it as a tool I can use to continue to pursue other things in the game while continuing my passion of horses in this game. 

In my opinion if there something you feel will take away from your challenge in the game, don't use it.  I for example don't like the idea of being able to hop from channel to channel to get horses to level/rank faster in the game so I don't do it, I stay on one channel all the time, but It does not bother me that others do.  I just challenge myself to do the best I can to learn how to work in my own channel & I feel very much proud of my accomplishments.

anyway just wanted to share my thoughts on the subject and so far Im been very happy with the way dev are releasing it's features to the game. 

Have an awesome gaming day everyone :)

Mad respect bro.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Why?  That comes from a place of spite and nothing more.  Does it really hurt you at all for somebody else to have a T4 horse with no breeding attempts, even through reset?

Also... would you change your mind on selling to the general market if breeding wasn't such a chore?  Maybe with auto pathing, the prices will be more appropriate?  Your investment wouldn't be so severe and you'd be far more able to sell the horses because of how easy it would be to get there.

No point even then, they're still worth so little you're better off exchanging them.  It's fundamentally broken.

And yes, it truly pisses me off that people are swimming in the hundreds of millions of silver doing other more currently rewarding aspects of the game and essentially fart a cloud of silver at my Tier 4 horse on the market and IMMEDIATELY bypassed dozens of hours of effort.  Why in the hell would I ever extend them that bypass for virtually no gain to myself?  Now I just gave someone a way to compete with my breeding.  At these laughably low horse prices the only logical thing is to keep all horses for your self (maybe guildies, if you can avoid horse sniping on market by bots) and cash out the worthwhile T7+ horses.

Yea, it took me a solid month to get into T6's (I have 3), and they won't be worth anything until they're leveled up.  So we're looking at maybe 2 months play time without auto looping.  Even with auto looping, every other profession would have made more silver than top end T6's would fetch.  For profit it looks to be T7+ or bust.

Edited by Zakatikus

Posted

And an auto kill, auto level characteres, auto store to depot from any place, and teleport, and immortality, and instant kill anything from anywhere to anywhere

Please there is already AFK fishing stupid thing, it is enough

2 people like this

Posted

No point even then, they're still worth so little you're better off exchanging them.  It's fundamentally broken.

Actually, you would start passing out females.  A male horse mates with two females, and then you exchange female and male to get new foal.  But now you have a female left over... what do you do with that?  You're not going to level another male to 22 without using his breed attempts, and even if you do that now you have two spare females.  Might as well put em up on sale since you won't have a very effective use for them. 

Posted

I don't want to see it enabled. I'm working on my second T5 taking to level 18. If I pop a T6 from this next breed, it will be incredibly special for me, as I have spent a month leveling horses to obtain one. It's an easy mode feature, and we don't need it.

If we get autopath enabled, do you think you guys can talk to the bot makers so we can have autofight too?

Luckily it's not about what you want, it's not about you - it's about everyone else.

Posted

I vote yes