• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Auto-Path Looping

Do you want the auto-path looping feature added to the game?   10,440 votes

1. 1. Do you want the auto-path looping feature added to the game?

• Yes, I want auto-path looping added.
    • No, I do not want auto-path looping added.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,742 posts in this topic

Posted

As someone who breeds horses, no.  Let people earn their way.   Should you add it 6 months in.. maybe.

But you guys earn absolutely nothing compared to any other life skill. A tier 6 goes for 7m .... I make 4m a day on cooking (prof 10) and you're using DAYS if not WEEKS! of hardcore leveling to just get T5 or T6... Wouldn't it be better for all if you were able to make more horses faster and get more money? 

Non horse breeders get to buy horses and you get to make money.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not as simple as yes and no, so I did not vote. As they've said before, the auto path loop is a feature added so the new players can have the option to work and reach a closer level of skills to that of the old players. The game is still new for EU/US. There are no "true old players". So sure, the feature is great, but we don't need it yet. Shouldn't the devs concentrate on more pressing matters?

1 person likes this

Posted

NO.

So that instead of leveling my T4 for 60 hours semi AFK, I can now do it totally AFK ? What is the point? You might as well just take the leveling out entirely if all it does it make people wait AFK.

-Why do you want players to be AFK, being a burden on the server, while not actually enjoying the game? Half the server population is already AFK, you might as well just have bots playing the game and just look at it.

You can already train breath over night by using a controller fyi.

-Why not simply increase the XP gain for breath / horses by X% ? This seems to be the most logical approach.

If it only took me 20 hours instead of 60 to level my horse, I would not need to spend several nights AFK leveling, someone has to pay these energy bills..

You could give the player X% extra horse experience per level in training, rewarding players who are proficient in the profession. (eg. 5% per training level, resulting 150% on professional 1)

This!

It is a pain to level mounts and strength BUT wasting money and energy for overnight-running PC is just bad!

Mother Nature cries! ;p

Give more exp for active leveling or give some kind of offline-leveling (maybe in the stable, like breeding)

I didnt vote, because the way the system works at the moment, i would have to vote "yes" T.T

2 people like this

Posted

Yey!!! YES YES YES :D please !!

Posted

The reason I am inclined to vote against is i don't want to enter an area with only people loop walking around town afk.
imo the return on time investment in leveling the horses should be higher. The market prices of horses could increase or at higher Tiers the chance of twin fowls, adding a breed count per 10 levels, or something else which makes lvling more worthwhile.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am a lazy person so i am just refering to an old post from me, where this topic has been discussed

On 19.2.2016,, Freefox said:

I would add to MrHmm's answer : Who told you to have nonsens circles to level up ? This is a capacity aquired with time. You run about 50% of the game so you level up it as you go further into the game

I agree with you at this Point. But many people have a competitive mind in MMORPG's, so as long as there are People with that thinking (and there will ever be enough), those People will try their hardest to get max. stats as fast as possible. This results in bringing up a feeling to other players, that they have to do it the same way too keep up with the "pros". At this point people will start complaining about running around like a dumbass. I know not everyone is like this, and there are sure many who just don't give a -----(like myself), but in the same way there will be enough people who do care.

So i think keeping this Autorun possibility (or even removing this stat completely/make a system which makes fun leveling it) just keeps the Community happier.

Posted

Don't want this feature we NEED this feature. Levelling horses takes way too long manually and eats into valuable playing time for other things :)

1 person likes this

Posted

NO.

So that instead of leveling my T4 for 60 hours semi AFK, I can now do it totally AFK ? What is the point? You might as well just take the leveling out entirely if all it does it make people wait AFK.

-Why do you want players to be AFK, being a burden on the server, while not actually enjoying the game? Half the server population is already AFK, you might as well just have bots playing the game and just look at it.

You can already train breath over night by using a controller fyi.

-Why not simply increase the XP gain for breath / horses by X% ? This seems to be the most logical approach.

If it only took me 20 hours instead of 60 to level my horse, I would not need to spend several nights AFK leveling, someone has to pay these energy bills..

You could give the player X% extra horse experience per level in training, rewarding players who are proficient in the profession. (eg. 5% per training level, resulting 150% on professional 1)

^ This. Everything else but NOT auto-looping! There will be no point in levels that way.
"Why don't you just put wild T9 horses for taming around the world because some people are lazy and have *life*..."
If you are an extremely lazy and a "full time job important person" (well... who isn't?) than the Cash Shop is for you - Breeding resets, +20% horse EXP, etc.

And yes of course... WoW did the same thing with instant lvl90. Just... perfect. Thanks to you, lazy effortless people.

1 person likes this

Posted

Either way, I hope Daum could give us some response. Whether this is coming later, or never because they are dead set against this idea, either way they should let us know.

Posted

Positive!

Posted

+20% horse exp in the Cash shop? Where?

Posted

Surely been suggested but, how about not for mounted activities.....

Posted

I voted yes, because it was my first instinct, but I am kinda conflicted for reasons others have mentioned. I like the idea of there being a sort of exclusivity to owning the higher tiered horses. However, as someone who really enjoys the breeding aspect of the game, I'd really like for it to be less time consuming for me to level my mounts. When I have the time to be playing the game, I want to be doing things like grinding or crafting, not sitting around waiting for my horse to reach its destination so I can turn it around and bring it back the other way. Overall, adding the feature in a little later seems like a good compromise.

Posted (edited)

OMG. And based on such a not representative voting it will come! ...

Why not Auto-Exp-Level? Or auto-kill-Mobs? Or Auto fullfil-Quest? I would also like to have Auto-defend-and-kill-PKers! Or even better: Auto-everything! --> Just Login, do nothing all "Auto" no work! Wouldn't that be fun? ... 

Honestly: If you make it Auto: Why not simply take it away? Result would be: less possible programming Errors. lesser data Overall what means more stability to everything and less serverload.

What a silly request. and the Staff Responses with this voting ... I can't believe ...

Edited by El Cato

Posted

Hello All,

We wanted to put up a simple poll to get an idea of how many people would like to see the Auto-Path Loop feature added to our version.  For those who have not seen this feature, it allows you to make a series of marks on the map that create a green pathing line, once laid out your character will follow this course repeatedly.  If you do this with a mount you are given the option to auto eat carrots to keep your horses stamina up.  Overall this mechanic allows you to level your breath, strength, and horse while AFK.

Please take a moment to vote, and feel free to discuss in this thread.

As a hardcore gamer, I have to stand against this.

It is my opinion that such automated mechanics take away from the gameplay and accomplishments of the player.  When you use a Macro (and thats what this is) you don't accomplish anything for yourself. You are not playing the game, but the game is doing the work for you.  A Player whom has worked hard to achieve something will always value it more than someone whom has used an automatic macro to achieve the same results.

I also feel that it diminishes the knowledge and overall experience you gain as a player, and works to subvert the immersion of the game itself.

Why would anyone want to actually spend time playing the game, gain in their experiences, and truly come to love the game, if they can just automate their processes.

I sincerely hope that automated processes do not find their way here.

Posted

No big deal in my opinion. Yes some People have to work less than you did. So what? Thats the way it goes.

In the end it gives you opportunity to complain in forums and ingame that nowadays everything is too easy and the true people where doing it without xyz.

Doesn't that feel good?

I said yes. And I love to breed. I don't mind other breeders being faster, having more success or less effort, cause I enjoy breeding itsself.

Posted

No.

Also remove afk fishing, please.

1 person likes this

Posted

This feature isn't for me, I play actively more than an hour or two a day.

Everyone before me has already stated 1,000 points I agree with (and dev team does too).

This is just a PR test to see if they could make more money releasing the feature sooner. (or lose money not releasing it fast enough)

Posted

I vote yes, but I think xp should only be gained in non safe zones. If you are gonna eazymode your horse training afk, you should be vulnerable to griefers.

Posted (edited)

Please for the love of god yes! I can feel my hair falling out spending hours on the same horse, going back and forth between Altinova and Epheria just to get a few levels :(

@Roo'no easily avoided by doing it on a sub-45 character ;p

Edited by Mdgrim

Posted

Sorry, your argument already become invalid when people can use CS items to reset breeding count. It is even more unfair to allow CS items to breed more than once with high level Horse, thus skipping everything you said and more.

You don't even know what you're talking about, do you? You probably just want an easy way out of everything, huh? You probably never horse bred before, that's why you're just babbling. Even more unfair? Even with high tier horse, you don't end up the tier or gender you want. Obviously in EVERY game, those that use money will be given a slight advantage. Take your CS subject somewhere else. That has nothing to do with the fairness I'm talking about. You want to talk about fairness? Since there are those that grind to level 50+ since the beginning and those that breed horses since the beginning. Maybe give horse breeders some AFK feature where we can level our character to 50 while being AFK, no? Wouldn't that be fair? Isn't that how it goes? Oh wait, no because that'll be unfair to those that spent hours grinding.

Posted

I suppose yes, the alternative is to make leveling up a horse more interesting or a little less grindy somehow. Racing mode that rewards exp at a faster rate or something?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Not sure why, but I'm surprised at the amount of people almost sounding 'whiny' about this. If you don't like it, don't use it and stop being so bothered about how other people are playing the game.

I have tamed/bred/leveled horses since head start, I'm usually around rank 6-10 everyday for training on my channel/shard and yes, I have put a lot of time and effort into it. I don't play to be the best trainer, I really just want to get a nice high tier horse for myself that looks awesome and to keep.

People going on about more people leaving their PC's on to do things AFK, you're not being forced to do that and they are the ones paying the bills. I just find it so ridiculous at the reactions from people in here and actually across the whole forum, there's always people whining.

It's impossible to make 100% of the community happy but getting so angry and worked up about it, oh my god. Can't we all just be happy and grateful we are finally playing this game? I have waited for it for so long. :x

I voted yes, btw. *goes back to lurking in the horse breeding thread* Peace xoxo

Edited by Telepath
5 people like this

Posted

Personally, I voted yes. Not for breath or training horses, but because the Strength stats is useless otherwise. AFKing for 30+ hours isn't appealing, but it's not worth it for a measly 40 weight increase.

Posted (edited)

Why no button at the character creation screen: "Last possible Level & best Gear and Mount available"? Rather ease the pain of leveling high tier horses through better training bonuses and more buff possibilities for horse training. Make it funnier to do, players should play the game in enjoyable ways not "afk" it.

This AFK bullshit is just a big pain in the ass. AFK-Fishing, AFK-Horse training, AFK-Farm... oh wait, not implemented yet. Coming soon™.

Why playing in person at all? Lets play "AFK"!

Cause all that doesn't matter, as the poll is showing and the AFK-Covenant sadly crows in numbers and "trumped" over the rest:

I'm demanding the possibility to ban those AFK-Dorks from my point of view in game! Graphically and audible - I want them to piss off from my BD-client! I don't want to see and hear them populating the shores like zombies fishing AFK, i don't want to see and hear them populating the streets running circles AFK, i don't want them, imposing on me their awkward opinion about how to play an MMO: AFK!

Just let me "switch off" those absent pixels thwarting my immersion! PLEASE!

Written with a twinkle, but the truth is there, nonetheless. ;)

Edited by Mwogla
2 people like this