• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Auto-Path Looping

Do you want the auto-path looping feature added to the game?   10,440 votes

1. 1. Do you want the auto-path looping feature added to the game?

• Yes, I want auto-path looping added.
    • No, I do not want auto-path looping added.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,742 posts in this topic

Posted

Are you saying because other areas of the game implement a similar mechanism, that all areas should? Should everything be automated? If not, where do we stop? Just at autopathing and autofishing?, What about all those poor farmers, certainly we should have autofarming for them, because now we have autoloop and autofish.

We auto path is as the same thing as afk fishing and farming, etc. You still need to set something to start with and wait. It's just semantics. And in that case, we do and we don't. Because it depends on how far you stretch or limit the word "auto" to your argument. 

Posted

it isn't, neither of them are, but at least we can enjoy it more than brainlessly driving it ourselves, its about the fun you will have while actually playing the game, i don't have to not do anything else just to get a horse thats worth using, you don't have to give up on boss runs, grind parties, and just about everything else just so you can semi afk while leveling a horse, the whole thing is crap but at least the autoloop will be the less crappy of the 2

This isn't exactly true, You still need to be logged on to autopath, and you still can't do anything else besides it.

Sure you can autopath while your sleep, which is really the only time this proposed looping is truly superior to the current.

Posted

I'm conflicted.  I don't mind it for certain things to be added to the game, but there certain mechanics in the game that I feel it will break certain features of the game.  One thing is the horse leveling will be so easy to do.  Unless you can increase the amount needed to level the experience up for Training Horse Ranks.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

YES-Voters are the first players that leaves the game because it becomes boring... im sure ^^

Edited by Leolilu
1 person likes this

Posted

I hate doing grindy things. Add auto-path looping or rework horse training.

Posted

This isn't exactly true, You still need to be logged on to autopath, and you still can't do anything else besides it.

Sure you can autopath while your sleep, which is really the only time this proposed looping is truly superior to the current.

yes you do still need to be logged on, but there is no way i will do it while i actually have time to play, thats the point, currently leveling horses is the stupidest thing i have ever seen, if anything maybe it should just be time passed after it was born? maybe thats a better option but the autoloop is at least better than what we have now wish is a load of "zombie" gamers walking horses around barely even looking at the screen. that is not gaming, maybe if they could do the horses afk they would actually play while they are awake.

Posted

If they put in auto-loop without auto-carrot there is no point in adding auto-loop, if you can be there to feed a carrot every trip you can be there to right click on the map every trip. Pretty sure if they add auto loop it will have auto carrot too.

Probably, but as I had not yet seen confirmation or denial myself, I am playing devil's advocate until I have official confirmation.

I vote yes.

The way I see it is this is a positive for many reasons:

1. This is not game breaking - instead it will allow people to be more available for other portions of the game, such as myself.  Spending hours leveling horses through wagons or just running from one side to the other is cumbersome right now, when it would be much better being able to set a horse running long distance and to work on something else, such as assigning workers, setting up buildings, researching information on reddit, forums, youtube, but still making progress on a simple grind, which allows me time to do the grind of mobs, quests, contribution points, trades instead of that being taken up by leveling horses.
  2. This is not game breaking (#2) because it allows the same for character improvement such as strength, breath.  It does not allow auto fighting, but again gives time for the player to enjoy more aspects of the game, where people were being forced into "pointless" pack carrying and not able to play the other features. (carrying a pack on your back is a waste of money earning, and since this is distance based and the characters are super slow, the time again can be invested elsewhere while being done.
  3. It is a universal balance - This not only helps the breeders, it helps the PVPers, PVEers, and "goal collectors".
  4. It helps Daum/Pearl Abyss - If you have players spending days / weeks only running horses from one end of the map to the other to get enough levels to be able to train/breed/sell horses (just for the most visible answer) those players are not PLAYING, and by not playing they are less interested in getting things from the cash shop, which we all know and understand is where you are getting your cash flow from.  Of course we know the almighty dollar is the most important thing to a business - you don't go into business to loose money, but to make it.  More active players means more active cash shop.  More active cash shop means more money.
  5. Makes advertisement of the game easier - Streamers are able to play the game more actively without having to limit for things like the minutia of leveling horses, strength, breath.  
  6. This will improve the horse market, as for people who don't have the time or inclination to level horses will be able to access horses of higher level because people will be more willing to sell them because they didn't have to spend 2 weeks mashing w and wiggling a mouse.
  7. This doesn't actually train any skills, so you still have to be actively playing the game to bring the horse to it's best.  All it does is take out the most monotonous task - like an assembly line putting together the chassis of a car and someone else coming in and customizing it.

For those who are against it, I have been reading your comments, and personally I don't see how they truly apply.

1. For those who are against it because it is not something they had when they leveled up their horses I offer up the possibility they can use it in the future on the next breedings/catches.  If you don't like it being in, then don't use it.  It doesn't affect the value of your horse directly in any way.  Additionally, it doesn't allow people to do more than one thing at once which would be game breaking, they are still using the same time plus additional time, it just allows them to maximize the time they do have to be active in game.
  2. For those who are against it because it's "botting", I offer up that just setting it to run (even all night for example) and not being around to check on it and keep in close proximity is not smart because mobs get in the way, still attack, and the pathing isn't great (I have set a path to run to a city and tabbed over to look at something on the forums, and my horse ran into the water (doesn't have caution as a skill).  If I hadn't been there to get him out he would have drowned and I would have a death on him.  This is just one example too.
  3. For those who are against it because it makes things to enticing to be AFK in game and make a larger load on servers, I offer up these people are already AFK, all this will do is spread them out (fewer fishing because they can level their horses, strength, etc.)  Same number, fewer potentially in one concentrated spot.  As a side note - those who complain about disconnecting during auto fishing because of server load, I can only speak from my experience.  I started the game on a different computer and had issues with multiple disconnects.  I had to buy a new computer for work, and when doing so I got one that was better able to handle the game and I have had only 1 disconnect, and I think that was related to something here locally, and I afk fish very often.  If you are having these issues repeatedly, my experience suggests it is with your computer, not with the game/servers because nothing else changed.  I even still connect the same way (wifi).
  4. For those who are against it purely because it is an AFK fest, this is already happening (see #3) so I don't see it as a viable complaint personally.  I think those who are going to AFK are already AFKing for somehow (even if just sitting around a house gaining energy.)  This will allow everyone to be even more productive.
  5. For those who call out for something like the Amity game instead of auto-loop path, first of all, the game has those activities where they are useful.  You get to "know" someone by using the Amity game, but there is nothing for training horses aside from actually doing it.  No mini-game will help.  We already have the only use of the mini-game with training horses when we are training the skill (just like with catching the horses.)  If we were to have a mini-game for riding experience, that would be completely out of sync with the game as it is, and would be "immersion" breaking.  Personally, I don't mind seeing people riding horses long distances, it makes the world feel alive, and interactive.  It's in my opinion better than having a gaggle of characters standing in town just gathering vigor.  Give them something to do.  Additionally, see point #4 under the pros for my point about how it actually benefits Daum/Pearl Abyss.
  6. For those asking for buffing horse XP gain instead of auto-looping, you are looking too narrowly.  Yes the majority of people are point towards the usefulness for breeders, but this also helps for strength and breath training.
  7. For those against it because they don't want to see tons of people auto looping in every city they go to, let me provide this counter:
    Considering the number of cities, the number of features to be done AFK if this is implemented (breath, strength, horse, fishing) I think you will find the load will be more liberally spread out, as now people will be running between cities, people will be not all gathered at the water or running against a building using weighted keys in town.  I think you will find the game looks more "realistic" because people can actually travel between set locations instead of using the environment to keep them safe.
  8. For those who say it shouldn't be added because AFKers will get what the active players get I offer:
    Considering that EVERYTHING is slower when AFKing, while it is possible to AFK level in regards to fishing, and could be possible to afk level a horse, breath, etc, these are markedly slower.  You have to wait a minimum of 3 minutes to get a fish when AFK fishing, where depending on location someone actively fishing will get a fish every minute or so.  Same is true for horses, while they gallop when AFK, you will notice that there is a much faster mode when actively riding, and since the level is based on distance traveled, and the distance traveled is directly linked to the speed of travel, the AFKers will be limited to how fast they can level horses, and the same goes for breath and strength.  Players who are supportive are only looking for a way to be productive when they are already AFK for workers, energy, farming, etc.  This isn't AFK playing, it's giving the "W" and mouse a rest, and it will benefit you the same if you use it.
  9. For those against it because without it adds longevity, I counter with there are innumerable people who have given up until this gets implemented because of the difficulty.  There is enough grind in this game in my opinon -  the grind to +15 gear, the grind to level, the grind to craft, the grind to get professions leveled (gathering, etc.) the grind for contribution points, the grind for $, the grind for energy, the grind for knowledge, the grind for amnity, etc.  I think easing off slightly on the grind will allow players who want that some more enjoyment and get connected to the game.  No one is forced to use it, just like no one is forced to auto-fish or do anything in the game, but for those who want to have the load lightened slightly, this is a fair and balanced addition to do so without causing a major game breaking gap and keep players in the game and active in their own version of their longevity.
  10. For those who say is it is punishing the dedicated breeders/tamers, I offer I am a dedicated breeder tamer and do not in any way feel this punishes me.  Speak for yourself and not the whole group.  There are plenty of others who feel as I do, because we have so many horses to level (I currently have around 20 - rough estimate) that I need to level up.  To be FORCED to do it manually, means I will NEVER be able to get to my goals because I am going to have to spend weeks just getting one horse leveled up.  If I am able to pop on a horse and set an auto loop while I research something else, or make crafting/building plans, or regain vigor, etc. or while I read forums, or research on reddit of youtub videos to help me with other aspects of the game.
  11. For those complaining that a tier 3 is surpassable in a day so why would anyone by the one in the cash shop, there is no mount for sale in the cash shop.  Only gear for the mounts.  And additionally, you being against it because that would be easy to surpass in a day seems counter intuitive to what the general population is so against the pearl shop about - claiming the game is pay to win.  If we can easily meet or exceed in game what is buyable with money doesn't that right there mean the game is NOT pay to win, it's pay for convenience?
  12. For those who complain that it will ruin the market because the tier 1 and 2 don't sell because there is a million of them, let me just say that is NOT why I don't buy the t1 and t2 (well, I have bought 1 t2 female because I had a huge string of males and needed at least 1 female to get started).  The reason I don't buy them is because they are all male, all level 1 - 10, no skills trained up, and most of the time already bred out so they have to be reset or no reset available.  It is the ITEMS, not the VOLUME that keep me from buying.
    A more constructive suggestion would have been, make females a little more readily available, and/or have 2 breedings like the males which will make them more viable on the market, make the males more useful on the market, and make it so that people can choose between more equally viable options of train up to breed, sell, or train up to sell for more.
  13. For those who complain that it is costing too much energy, or causing others to fall behind if they don't, etc I offer, there are those who want to do it in the background while they are doing other things.  For example, with auto loop while I have been writing this post for a couple hours I could have gotten a couple levels on a horse or two (depending on whether it was on a wagon or not) and could be therefore more readily available for active group play like boss groups etc.  Looking at a feature with blinders on of only one aspect is not going to give you the bigger picture.  No one is forcing anyone to leave it going all night.  I'm not interested in that, and a good number of people aren't.  There are those who will be, granted, but most people will want to not cause over heating of their cards, or will want to stream something on the internet, or have weather that needs to be turned off for safety, or have multiple games they play and can't run more than one at once, or any number of other things.  Just because it is there, doesn't mean the whole world will abuse it.  Additionally, afk fishing has had a decrease on my server/channel combination, and I think the same would happen to auto-loop as well, and people will end up using it to push toward that next crucial level, etc. 

There are so many pages already on this subject, both pro and con, I can't go through them all, but I think this covers the big points on both sides in my opinion.

I personally want this added, and am looking forward to it opening up the ability to focus on other aspects of the game I already enjoy!

9 people like this

Posted

Yes please.

1 person likes this

Posted

Please not. Give us level 30 horses for free instead of raising our electricity bill. Or even better: Let us work for a lvl 30 horse as intended.

Posted

Seems like this would completely devalue anyone who has spent time training. Those players dedicated to the craft will likely just perma-afk and/or quit.

Posted

Hello All,

We wanted to put up a simple poll to get an idea of how many people would like to see the Auto-Path Loop feature added to our version.  For those who have not seen this feature, it allows you to make a series of marks on the map that create a green pathing line, once laid out your character will follow this course repeatedly.  If you do this with a mount you are given the option to auto eat carrots to keep your horses stamina up.  Overall this mechanic allows you to level your breath, strength, and horse while AFK.

Please take a moment to vote, and feel free to discuss in this thread.

yes

Posted

I would say no and I voted in that way.

Just because of the "useless" energy consumption.

Ok, the computer is almost idle during that afk time; monitor switched off and so on. But the computer will consume around 50 Watts just for CPU, Internet connection and the "little somethings".

Assuming a user will leave the computer on for not more than two nights a week, or let's say 20 hours. So it'll sum up to 1 Kilo Watt Hour a week or 52KWh in a year.

Just to compare: You can ride several hundred kilometers with an average electrical car (needs around 15 KWh/100km) with that energy. Think?

Assume further that if 1 million users would behave in that way (1 Million == DAUM projected player base by the end of the year): The energy would sum up to 52000 Megawatthours a year.

A nuclear power plant unit like the ones in Fukushima would need around two months to produce this energy (Power Output 500 - 800 Megawatt). Only for fishing and donkey advancement in a computer game?

Just think.

Lore

1 person likes this

Posted

@Moony

I can only speak for myself but as someone who has focused primarily on horse taming/training, it would be a huge improvement to my in game quality of playtime.  I have spent almost my entire time running horses from one end of the map to the other and had some miserable RNG in trying to get a female horse to breed with my 7 T4 male horses in order to try to even get a chance at T5.  I love the horse breeding but the grind that is leveling is sucking the fun out of it.  It wouldn't make me feel my efforts to this point were devalued in the slightest.

PLEASE PUT IN AUTOPATHING!  The sooner the better.

1 person likes this

Posted

TBH, its still too early for the looping.

Its basically letting people catch up to 2 months of regular play within a single week or two.

Posted (edited)

The whole devaluing concept is in error as those people haven't lost anything and can reap the same rewards going forward as anyone else.  They start off ahead and go forward from there.

IMO even asking if the community was interested in a mechanic that is a staple in the other versions was as ridiculous as the handling of the launch debacles.  Color me unsurprised.  Patch it in and watch the celebration.  This thread is only going to amp up the calls for WHEN rather than IF.

What's next, asking if anyone is interested in the blader and ninja classes (and their counterparts)? 

**Spoiler Alert**

Yes we are, and we were at launch for the record.  Make it so.

Edited by Daas

Posted (edited)

NO!

dont hear on crybabies DAUM pls....

I'm still a noob but im actually think that this option brings nothing. Im Playing for a week now, and my T2 Horse is at lvl 18.

This game is about grinding and in the chat i read all the day lfgs for Grind Groups they go and grind for loot or exp or whatever. 

You would like to have a T6 Horse .... then f#!$&ng Grind for it. 

When this Autopath realy comes it should be like: you gain only EXP for autopathing in Combat Areas where the mobs are the same lvl then you and you have to Invest in the nodes you cross at least 200 Energy (lvl 2) else you will not gain exp for it.

Cheers Nightbite

Edited by Nightbite

Posted

I vote no because auto pathing is the lazy way out of fixing horse leveling.  I spent a month running horses, I have a t6 horse and don't have a level 50 character yet because I devoted my time to horse training.  

What I would like to see is either a more hands on less AFK fix to horse leveling.  Either add a mini game similar to fishing where you have press keys in a certain time frame to level a horse or boost the amount of experience earned while riding at higher levels of training.  I believe that if training times were reduced significantly depending on the characters training skill there would be no need to auto path.

Posted

Really ?!! Rank 6-10 ?? i breed and leveling my horses since head start too and im rank 1 -5 everyday and you are telling me u are dedicated horse tamer, dedicated horse tamer, don't need those  auto-path looping because, there is no point of all the hard work to most of the dedicated horse tamer who always running and leveling their horse !!!

We works so hard on leveling the horse, and breeding it everyday, as a dedicated horse tamer i also don't like this auto-path looping system, its like the game just don't give a shit to most of the dedicated tamer like us !!!

Everytime I read someone saying hardwork with lvling horses I laugh. I am a breeder, only have a couple t5's rng hates me. There's is nothing hard about running back and forth all day watching netflix. If you think running back and forth all day is fun and hard work... I really don't know what to say, to each their own I guess. Auto loop doesn't hurt any breeders, look at the market, tell me how many t3's/4's are up or higher. None. It's because the effort isn't worth the money it takes hours upon hours just to lvl the horse.

If people are able to do it at night, including breeders that do nothing all day but run back and forth for fun, that's double the time you're running your horse. Your hard work as you put it would still be hard work and you would be ahead of everyone else still. Most of the reason people bring up their rank here is show off their epeen. If you really were a hardcore trainer, you would see that this is an amazing addition for you and others who want to buy things off the market, because at it sits, the market is dead.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So you admit that you're a noob with little to no experience in attempting to level horses for breeding and still think you know better than the people who have actually attempted doing so as to whether or not auto-looping is a good idea? Okay.

Edited by Indigo Shade

Posted

Noo, pleaasse noooo

Posted

Please not. Give us level 30 horses for free instead of raising our electricity bill. Or even better: Let us work for a lvl 30 horse as intended.

"Work" for level 30 horses? Work? There's no work in running back and forth across the map while mostly AFK anyway.

Seems like this would completely devalue anyone who has spent time training. Those players dedicated to the craft will likely just perma-afk and/or quit.

Nope, I can confidently say that most trainers myself included welcome this feature with open arms. People have no idea how much we slave away at horse leveling and would rather not have to do that and instead do pretty much anything else in game.

"you aren't FORCED to level horses when you play"

Except, if we want to get a decent number of breeds a day/week we kinda are, and it's so goddamn boring. Especially for higher tier breeds (the higher the tier, the longer it takes, and it's not by a small amount either)

Posted

why would any one NOT want this feature?

its a MASSIVE quality of life thing. hell -----ing yes.

Posted

YES YES YES Please :)

Posted

Everytime I read someone saying hardwork with lvling horses I laugh. I am a breeder, only have a couple t5's rng hates me. There's is nothing hard about running back and forth all day watching netflix. If you think running back and forth all day is fun and hard work... I really don't know what to say, to each their own I guess. Auto loop doesn't hurt any breeders, look at the market, tell me how many t3's/4's are up or higher. None. It's because the effort isn't worth the money it takes hours upon hours just to lvl the horse.

If people are able to do it at night, including breeders that do nothing all day but run back and forth for fun, that's double the time you're running your horse. Your hard work as you put it would still be hard work and you would be ahead of everyone else still. Most of the reason people bring up their rank here is show off their epeen. If you really were a hardcore trainer, you would see that this is an amazing addition for you and others who want to buy things off the market, because at it sits, the market is dead.

This.

Let me restate the fact that THE AUTO LOOP FEATURE WON'T HURT THE HORSE MARKET.

In fact, the horse market is non existent. It's not there. There's maybe a single t4 once in a blue moon, and nothing ever above that.

If anything, more people breeding casually might actually create a market in the first place for people that don't mind that horses are nowhere near worth the time it takes to create them.

2 people like this

Posted

This.

Let me restate the fact that THE AUTO LOOP FEATURE WON'T HURT THE HORSE MARKET.

In fact, the horse market is non existent. It's not there. There's maybe a single t4 once in a blue moon, and nothing ever above that.

If anything, more people breeding casually might actually create a market in the first place for people that don't mind that horses are nowhere near worth the time it takes to create them.

I feel like it's non existent because the game has only been out for a little over a month. The way horse breeding is structured now, training feels like a profession and you can see your time spent when you get a T6 and feel excited about that. When more time passes, higher tier horses will be available on the market for the people who think that horse leveling is boring.

You don't HAVE to run your horse back and forth while watching netflix or whatever. That's just for people who want the highest rank the fastest. That is also the most boring way to level a horse so if you think that is boring then why do it that way? You can level a horse just from running to different areas and doing quests, trading and just playing the game. Do you HAVE to have a high tier horse? No. If you don't want to put the time in to get a high tier horse then you have the option to wait until they're on the market. I don't WANT to grind mobs endlessly to get increase my level. Would it be easier if I could AFK grind mobs? Of course, but I don't ask for that feature to be implemented.

2 people like this