• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Event: And the oscar goes to… Winners!

301 posts in this topic

Posted

Greeting Adventurers,

We are happy to announce the winners of the event "And the oscar goes to" today, and share their entries with you!  Below you will find a list of our top 20 choices and the prizes they have earned for their efforts.  Those that won will be contacted to provide us with a mailing address so we can send out the physical prizes, please keep an eye on your mail inbox as you have 7 days to reply, we will ship all physical items latest by 18th April.

Top 5 Winners:

Each winner from the Top Five will be given a limited edition Black Spirit Figurine, BDO T-Shirt, 300 Loyalty and the in-game title "And the oscar goes to"

1. DangerousTed
  2. Makiru
  3. Bunnie
  4. Guts
  5. Fliptrip

Top 6-20 Winners:

Each winner from the Top 6-20 will be given a BDO T-Shirt, 300 Loyalty and the in-game title "And the oscar goes to"

1. Lilinith
  2. Hiorth
  3. Griffiud
  4. Heruwyn
  5. Iberian
  6. Shau
  7. pixlweaver
  8. Domynus
  9. Lyria
  10. Hungryadamjones
  11. SamSam
  12. Desvero
  13. Scarleone
  14. Megs
  15. Kuraiken

Congratulations to our winners, all other entries will be given 300 Loyalty and the in-game title "And the oscar goes to".  We thank all of you for your participation and look forward to the next event!

-The BDO Team

19 people like this

Posted

Congratulations to all winners 😃 This event was great fun.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

AWWWW, thought i had a chance at this =(. Rip Like 12 Hours of editing and Scene picking...

Edited by endjui
21 people like this

Posted

One of the winners should post what the black spirit figurine looks like once they get it.

3 people like this

Posted

Could you tell if anybody was disqualified due to.. something? :)

Posted

Nice video's, with all the crappy ones for the titles i was sure i was gonna win but too bad :(

1 person likes this

Posted

That first linked video...damn.

9df.gif

12 people like this

Posted

I'm one of the winners, yay ^^ but im happy and sad at the same time. one more step to win figurine :c

anyway thank you so much :)

2 people like this

Posted

Lol the one that won 2nd was made with an external program xD I literally rolled on the floor laughing when I read that the scroll was about the Battle of Hastings.

gg m8, gg. really liked the first one though.

10 people like this

Posted

Congrats to all the winners! Well done :)

Posted (edited)

Wait I am not even in top 20? Have I been disqualified!? 

Also does not feel right with number 2, considering rule - "Editing the footage is allowed (video as well as the music); must be recognizable as original content of BDO"

Yeh officially now suspicious of disqualification after going through videos. I would like to have a confirmation that my video was considered, especially considering most other winners are either unwatchable, mess of edits, against rules, most are just walking shots ,suicide pacts that only earns a oscar as a 'Snuff' movie, or one is nearly 80% blackness!

Congratulations to others!

Lol the one that won 2nd was made with an external program xD I literally rolled on the floor laughing when I read that the scroll was about the Battle of Hastings.

gg m8, gg. really liked the first one though.

Edited by SplitCoreGaming
Curious...
7 people like this

Posted

Congrats everyone!

Posted (edited)

Why the 2nd winner wins? Even i dedicated more time editing than that copy pasta template he used

https://youtu.be/IARSyunG8kE

Now, this isn't a "I'm mad because I didn't win" post, I knew before submitting my video that I had absolutely no chance of winning, my video sucked (and wasn't worthy of winning for several reasons :P), I just did it for the title, but, had I known that we were allowed to use project templates, I could've easily made an awesome video with random BDO clips in 10 min

Edited by Minovia
YumKaax quote
7 people like this

Posted

When will we all get the titles and loyalties? :)

Posted (edited)

Grats to all the winners.

However, #2 I feel doesn't deserve #2 at all since all he did was slap a bunch of footage onto a template in After Effects or Sony Vegas. Had I known, or had anyone known something like that would be placed in the top 5, I'm sure you guys would have had hundreds of templated videos.

Edited by Xairen
9 people like this

Posted

Wonder how long it will be before we get our title.

1 person likes this

Posted

Kinda feel like they just picked some entries at random for the 6-20.

Cheer's to the winner's though. Seems even contests are RNG based.

3 people like this

Posted

I don't know why people complain about nr 2. I like it.

Posted (edited)

I don't know why people complain about nr 2. I like it.

....... Seriously?¿ The video can be made in 10 sec, and other videos are better.

Edit: For example ¿Battle of Hasting?

WTF.png

Edited by xixo009
more info
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

....... Seriously?¿ The video can be made in 10 sec, and other videos are better.
Edit: For example ¿Battle of Hasting?

WTF.png

Honestly just shows the judge(s) werent familiar with video editing at all. Or just didn't care. This is a matter of principal to me more than anything because it speaks of how future competitions may be handled.

Edited by Ostravahn
8 people like this

Posted

I'm just impressed that they were able to watch all the videos.

I wonder if I was disqualified since in one shot it showed a mouse clicker-- counts as an UI element.. doesn't it?

Posted

Woot I won in the 2nd tier, I got a shirt, I'll post what it looks like when I get it ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

Congrats to the winners. Although I do agree with the others that it felt a bit RNG. Choosing which video wins is a pretty subjective matter though, and the ones I personally liked didn't make it into the list.

AWWWW, thought i had a chance at this =(. Rip Like 12 Hours of editing and Scene picking...

Wow, I really liked the scenes and music you used! There were a lot of other great videos that I thought deserved to be in the top 20 as well. Sorry to hear that you didn't win, but your video is definitely one of my personal favorites.

Yeh officially now suspicious of disqualification after going through videos. I would like to have a confirmation that my video was considered, especially considering most other winners are either unwatchable, mess of edits, against rules, most are just walking shots ,suicide pacts that only earns a oscar as a 'Snuff' movie, or one is nearly 80% blackness!

Was there anything in particular that you didn't like about my video? There are a couple things I feel that I could have done better, and I want to make better music videos, so I'd definitely appreciate more feedback! Haha.

2 people like this

Posted

Congrats to the winners. Although I do agree with the others that it felt a bit RNG. Choosing which video wins is a pretty subjective matter though, and the ones I personally liked didn't make it into the list.

Wow, I really liked the scenes and music you used! There were a lot of other great videos that I thought deserved to be in the top 20 as well. Sorry to hear that you didn't win, but your video is definitely one of my personal favorites.

Was there anything in particular that you didn't like about my video? There are a couple things I feel that I could have done better, and I want to make better music videos, so I'd definitely appreciate more feedback! Haha.

Considering it's 1.21 am,  I thought i would reply. Who needs sleep :P

Honestly, yours was one of the better ones that deserves to be in top 20. Some really strong, unique shots and you truly find your own style + energy from the midway point.
Best of all, you followed the rules! 
:D

2 people like this