• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Event: And the oscar goes to… Winners!

301 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

"And the template goes to..."

I have uploaded three screenshots from my project. The job secuence, the entire amount of files I recorded, the huge amount of data occuping my hard disk (140Gb - 505 files) and the time it took to record all my mates characters and later video edition, that I cannot specify but surely around 24h.
I'm not saying we deserve to be among the top five, but I saw the vids from the 5th to the 10th and some of them have better works than 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. I'm sorry for being brutally honest, but it's what I feel.

The 2nd it's just an After Effects template. He just recorded some vids and inlaid them in an specific order and even hasn't changed the template info with some Black Desert lore, leaving us an amazing reading about the Hastings Battle.
The 3rd would have some kind of merit if at least he had waited to see NPCs do something interesting and not only record towns with NPCs dancing in an infinite loop.
The 4th have a 90% of its footage from the cinematics, and also an spoiler, thanks.
The 5th... well, ok. It's she playing flute.

In our vid (and others among who didn't deserve to be up there but enough to remain with the other 15s) we used more than a single song (it's not always easy), the ingame tools in regards of camera movement, light effects... Recording characters voice apart and mounting it later on the edition. We had to ask some of guild members and unknown (and kind) people to perform a role. In our case we had to wait until ingame night to start recording. Maybe looks easy but ingame night (dark night) starts at 23h and at 3:30am ends. In real time are around than 30 or 40min to be prepared, have the people ready and record the shots (and hope it goes well to avoid a +3h waiting until next night).

Is just my opinion (with some truly)

Thanks for the 10th place and thanks to all participants on my vid, I'm proud of them. And congratulations to 1st place.

Greetings.

1.thumb.JPG.864dd609400683527f80636f7fbe2.thumb.JPG.d1b574f65c30a73346435c75604d3.thumb.JPG.e1e11f2e2b7af10a2a730e2ca459

Edited by Iberian
7 people like this

Posted

Congrats to the winners! I was really hoping I would at least get top 20 with my vid but I guess not.

My vid:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edited

Edited by Lyrias_Endriel

Posted

Congratulations everyone! 

Ughhh... You guys did sooo awesome qwq Still watching through these!

Posted

Awesome, I won a T-Shirt :D

Posted

Isn't the second video pretty much breaking several of the event rules??

"• The video must be created by yourself"

That's really debatable at most, it's pretty much a copy paste job, using a project template that has absolutely nothing to do with BDO, and another rule stated "• Editing the footage is allowed (video as well as the music); must be recognizable as original content of BDO"... The battle of Hastings is BDO content?? okay.

Now, this isn't a "I'm mad because I didn't win" post, I knew before submitting my video that I had absolutely no chance of winning, my video sucked (and wasn't worthy of winning for several reasons :P), I just did it for the title, but, had I known that we were allowed to use project templates, I could've easily made an awesome video with random BDO clips in 10 min.

Most people spent WAY longer time, making WAY better videos. Although it is subjective, I mean, c'mon now, several other winning videos are just seemingly random clips as well...

So many good videos made by the community, and these are the winners? (though a couple of the winning videos do deserve it).

Is every contest going to be like this and the "Beauty and the Beast" contest?? Seems like the winners are mostly just chosen randomly :/

11 people like this

Posted

That's really debatable at most, it's pretty much a copy paste job, using a project template that has absolutely nothing to do with BDO, and another rule stated "• Editing the footage is allowed (video as well as the music); must be recognizable as original content of BDO"... The battle of Hastings is BDO content?? okay.

Now, this isn't a "I'm mad because I didn't win" post, I knew before submitting my video that I had absolutely no chance of winning, my video sucked (and wasn't worthy of winning for several reasons :P), I just did it for the title, but, had I known that we were allowed to use project templates, I could've easily made an awesome video with random BDO clips in 10 min.

Most people spent WAY longer time, making WAY better videos. Although it is subjective, I mean, c'mon now, several other winning videos are just seemingly random clips as well...

So many good videos made by the community, and these are the winners? (though a couple of the winning videos do deserve it).

Is every contest going to be like this and the "Beauty and the Beast" contest?? Seems like the winners are mostly just chosen randomly :/

This.

1 person likes this

Posted

Okay, seems like I made it into the Top 20. Personally, I felt like my video wasn't really good enough for that, since there were quite a few entries much better than mine. Well, I participated out of curiosity and because I have never done something like that before (and I messed up so many things I wish I could've redone).

Hopefully we will get more events like these^^

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Grats to the winners.

I as well agree with many others the selection seems very random. Not going to bother with effort or creativity if that's the case for future event contests.

The initial details weren't even clear until inquired upon and by that time I was already 50 files in with an idea in head and went with it.
that's just my feedback.

Edit2: I'm okay being outclassed, outskilled, or disqualified and not going on about amount of effort = win or loss against subjectivity to different tastes. However it's enraging when one of the top 5 is a plagiarism of someone else's work when the details clearly say "create your own"  and has no related story sense to BDO with the walls of text being displayed that can be highly misleading to anyone watching when details of "recognizable BDO content" are within the rules of the video contest. It only begs the question of how this was selected and whether or not if these contests are even given any f**ks or is that a representation of what's going on here?

Edited by KyrandisX
1 person likes this

Posted

Congratulations Everyone! :P 

Posted

Awesome! :D Congrats to everyone, there were some great ones out there! That would have been tough to judge. 

One of the winners should post what the black spirit figurine looks like once they get it.

You got it, Chief.

2 people like this

Posted

Awesome! :D Congrats to everyone, there were some great ones out there! That would have been tough to judge. 

You got it, Chief.

I had a feeling you'd be number one, great job!

And congrats to the other winners as well!

Posted

I agree with pretty much everything here, to the dot. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Congratulations Guts! If you're the one we have in Eternal, heh. Even if you're not our Guts, congratulations to you and all other winners that took their time to create these great entries.

2 people like this

Posted

I had a feeling you'd be number one, great job!

And congrats to the other winners as well!

Thanks van Goghrdon ;)

Posted

Mine was simple and kinda depressing so I knew I'd get nowhere, but it's hilarious to see RNG in a competition like this one.

Some of them are truly deserving of the top 20, but others.. not so much. hahaha!

Good work to all who tried tho. was still fun taking part.

1 person likes this

Posted

I knew that something like this will happen! That's why I didn't put much effort in the video and just did simple, followed by the rules video. Waiting for my title and points. Thanks.

Posted

CM_Jouska  5755

Replied: 3 hours ago · Report

You entry was reviewed by the team and it was not one of the top 20 selected.  The videos were reviewed and voted on, which relies on personal taste.  I am sorry you did not win, but thank you for participating.

Thanks for the automated message bruuuh. Cause number 1 was fking in the same theme, mood as mine...I will never participate in any more competitions with these guys as judges. It's all 100% randomized. Even tho they prob picked the first 5...

Posted (edited)

Aww, dint place at all,I spend so much time into mine, I saw so many videos of people just riding horses,I thought I would place some where, well at least I get something. Some of those videos were really good. Congratz,here's my submission that did,juse want to share it.

Edited by Aka_Yoshi

Posted

why i don't get title? [Alustin;Kasaino]

Posted

Congrats to the winners :D

Posted

I agree with a lot of these posts, When I was going through the thread originally, all I saw were short videos of people just riding around so I didn't put anywhere near as much effort into mine as I should've done. Some of the chosen winners really are questionable though, in my opinion at least. I do think the overall winner was chosen correctly, but some of the other top 20 weren't even close to some of the other entries I'd seen.

I understand why my video probably wasn't chosen though, as there wasn't much variety, but some of the other entries were definitely better than some of the top 20 here. Guess they were just overlooked, quite sad. :/

Posted

Congratulations to the winners!

I also hoped to get a place in the Top 20 with my Video and i'm a little bit disappointed that i dind't make it. 6-20 really feels a little bit random picked... but i don't want to complain about it, because everyones flavors are different. Maybe i will make it in the next big event. ^^

Posted

Congrats to the winners, disappointed I didn't win but it was fun taking part.

Posted (edited)

Congrats to the winners!

I strongly disagree with 2nd place though. That video is based on a template, so the majority of the work was not done by the video creator.

Edit: I have no idea why this screenshot is showing up in my post, I didn't upload anything to this post. Trying to edit the post and removing the screenshot doesn't work.

2016-03-14_7116900.jpg

Edited by FluffyQuack
3 people like this