• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Event: And the oscar goes to… Winners!

301 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

"And the template goes to..."

I have uploaded three screenshots from my project. The job secuence, the entire amount of files I recorded, the huge amount of data occuping my hard disk (140Gb - 505 files) and the time it took to record all my mates characters and later video edition, that I cannot specify but surely around 24h.
I'm not saying we deserve to be among the top five, but I saw the vids from the 5th to the 10th and some of them have better works than 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. I'm sorry for being brutally honest, but it's what I feel.

The 2nd it's just an After Effects template. He just recorded some vids and inlaid them in an specific order and even hasn't changed the template info with some Black Desert lore, leaving us an amazing reading about the Hastings Battle.
The 3rd would have some kind of merit if at least he had waited to see NPCs do something interesting and not only record towns with NPCs dancing in an infinite loop.
The 4th have a 90% of its footage from the cinematics, and also an spoiler, thanks.
The 5th... well, ok. It's she playing flute.

In our vid (and others among who didn't deserve to be up there but enough to remain with the other 15s) we used more than a single song (it's not always easy), the ingame tools in regards of camera movement, light effects... Recording characters voice apart and mounting it later on the edition. We had to ask some of guild members and unknown (and kind) people to perform a role. In our case we had to wait until ingame night to start recording. Maybe looks easy but ingame night (dark night) starts at 23h and at 3:30am ends. In real time are around than 30 or 40min to be prepared, have the people ready and record the shots (and hope it goes well to avoid a +3h waiting until next night).

Is just my opinion (with some truly)

Thanks for the 10th place and thanks to all participants on my vid, I'm proud of them. And congratulations to 1st place.

Greetings.

1.thumb.JPG.864dd609400683527f80636f7fbe2.thumb.JPG.d1b574f65c30a73346435c75604d3.thumb.JPG.e1e11f2e2b7af10a2a730e2ca459

THIS RIGHT HERE! Thanks for finding it as I got sooo p***ed off I gave up looking.

Can we get an official response to HOW these were actually selected (if at all beyond a random pick)? What made the top 5 great? Why was the rules wavered on several entries, Especially 2nd? Why was there even rules if they could be ignored allowing much more creative freedom? How was the rating even done? Did you sit in a room together, or tell workers to watch a random video on their lunch break?

Edited by SplitCoreGaming
6 people like this

Posted

The rule does say the video must be created by yourself, I guess that technically doesn't say no templates. 

Posted

So did anybody get their titles yet?

Posted

I didnt, still waiting ;)

Posted

:o T-shirt get!

Thanks for the place in the top 20 and I hope a couple of you got a laugh out of my entry!

1 person likes this

Posted

Some of you are seriously whinny babies. Your hours of work does not immediately make your production better than something someone put together effortlessly. Let me remind you that you live in the real world, and this happens a lot - take a look at how long it took Leonardo Di Caprio to win an Oscar.

1 person likes this

Posted

AWWWW, thought i had a chance at this =(. Rip Like 12 Hours of editing and Scene picking...

It's a bit morbid. Might not be what they were looking for.

You don't promote a game with that kind of ending. Maybe if he had found some friends. You know, in an online game. =p

1 person likes this

Posted

So did anybody get their titles yet?

Nope. There was no expected delivery date for the in-game stuff like with all the other contests. I'm expecting maybe tomorrow with Maintenance?

Posted

Oh.. poor Lilinith at 6th place ;_; 

Like some of u already said i'm also kinda disappointed with the 2nd winner and his pre-made template with just a few Black Desert scenes.. 

..he could at least put some more effort into it and change that pointless not-BDO-related text :/

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

THIS RIGHT HERE! Thanks for finding it as I got sooo p***ed off I gave up looking.

Can we get an official response to HOW these were actually selected (if at all beyond a random pick)? What made the top 5 great? Why was the rules wavered on several entries, Especially 2nd? Why was there even rules if they could be ignored allowing much more creative freedom? How was the rating even done? Did you sit in a room together, or tell workers to watch a random video on their lunch break?

Just knew that free template (and many others, and the after effects funciona), yeah if I knew, just editing 4 vids into and send it. More chance to win. But hey I'll get a T-Shirt! Maybe we are a baby cryers, but honestly, that's wasn't objetive. Just dissapointment.

Greetings.

Edited by Iberian

Posted

The rule does say the video must be created by yourself, I guess that technically doesn't say no templates. 

Actually, the template is a pre made video. The motion, effects etc. are all pre made. It's pictures in movement aka. video, and since he did not make the template himself, he didn't make the video himself, he just added some random BDO clips.

3 people like this

Posted

@Winners - any of you get the email to provide a mailing address yet? I haven't and don't want to miss the 7 day deadline!

Posted (edited)

5th place is best place!  :D

On a serious note, I do believe that the video that is in 2nd place kinda broke some rules that were set in place. From the rules, I took the phrase "Must be original content of BDO" very literal and only showed stuff that was either in-game or the content that they provided through the folder that they gave us. But that's just a personal opinion.  
Other than that, I would like to say that I did have fun entering this competition and I hope that all of the other people that actually set aside time and did place some effort into their video had fun as well. 
Congrats to everyone who won! 

@Winners - any of you get the email to provide a mailing address yet? I haven't and don't want to miss the 7 day deadline!

I got my email at 1am PST! Check your guy's email! For gmail, mine was located under the "promotions" tab.

Edited by Fliptrip
3 people like this

Posted

Congrats to the winners ! There are some really nice movies there... and even the 2nd one, when i've first seen it I thought "Daaaamn that guy made an Harry Potter like newspaper that's awesome"... a bit disaponted when i saw it was a premade template, but the trick was good (at least at the beginning).

And btw, haven't seen all the movies originally posted, but the 1st totally deserves it in my oppinion.

Anyway that event was really fun and even if I didn't win, still enjoyed spending a few hours into movie making...

I see some people have posted their videos there, I'll do the same since mine was posted on the french thread. Don't forget to turn on english subtitles on youtube if you're watching it ! (not the best movie made in regards of the top 20, but still not that bad considering my experience in video making ^^)

1 person likes this

Posted

In fact, we cannot blame the 2nd on the top 5 by his 'job'. He crearly broke some rules but he was not the one who decided to ignore that rules and appoint him on a 2nd place, isn't it? The point here is about the judge(s). Did they took it seriously? Or was just a bait to make some movement on the community? The final take on this drama, if you allow me this joke, ends with a disappointed community that thinks they were took as idiots in a some kind of randomized decisions and feeling that their efforts were underestimated.

Those who complain about judge decisions are not worried by receive or not a cheap figurine/t-shirt, I think it's most about their bruised ego because of an apparently mockery contest.

Also.. silence from staff side doesn't helps at all.

Posted

Congratulations Guts! If you're the one we have in Eternal, heh. Even if you're not our Guts, congratulations to you and all other winners that took their time to create these great entries.

Nope, sorry. Different Guts :P

Posted (edited)

The second place is kind of disappointing to see, firstly that it's a template and secondly that all the pages have a paragraph of text copied from a website.
Video template: 
https://www.videoblocks.com/video/epic-opener--an-historical-opener-vbakvvdoxijlpam7z/
I also found the source of it the text. It's the third paragraph, copied verbatim from this website: http://www.hist.cam.ac.uk/prospective-undergrads/virtual-classroom/hidden-meanings -- Edit: The text is defaulted in the template linked above.
There were a lot of really great entries and to see this one place is a real shame.
Edit 2: I just realized that the template had already been found by Iberian.

I had no illusions of winning myself, I was pretty happy with my concept but didn't have enough time to really compose it as well as I would have liked.

Either way, congratulations to all the winners :) Except maybe the aforementioned one.

Edited by Timkerbell
Words and updates
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Second place is hilarious if anything. 

Look at the "descriptions" in the video. What does the "Battle of Hastings of 1066" or the "Christian calander"  have to do with Valencia? He, or the video template obviously ripped this paragraph off from a university website, and he didn't even bother changing the paragraphs which was shown twice on the same page at 0:20. How lazy is that? Compared to the other videos, this video was done with little to no effort.

Okay, ignoring the template and the effects. The videos on the pages themselves aren't top 5 worthy. He's sitting on a horse and looking around with his frigidity mouse, like in 0:28 and 1:00. There is not even a story or a connection like the other top 5.

And looking at the stock template shown by lberian and Timkerbell, He didn't even change the font to give the pages the ancient look. Instead he kept it at default.

Very SofloAntonio quality work there, he definitely deserves an award...

Edited by Dawm
Words
5 people like this

Posted

gz to the winners :D

Posted (edited)

Are you serious? Did you not watch number 6 enough to realize it should have been number one? With the higher ones being the shortest videos I have ever seen, and I could have probably made those being blind. Yes, I logged in just to comment this as my first post.. But lets be real here, it should have at least been 2nd or 3rd.

Heres one worth watching, if your looking for a laugh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2u2XlpitTw&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Hanjis

Posted

You should warn about this events as you didn't do, I only knew about the easter egg one... also you should make worldwide calls when a open world boss goes live!

Posted

yeah most of the winning videos are unwatchable

Posted

well done to the winners!!! :) 

Posted (edited)

Nice! 300 loyalty point and a title, mine was a first ever for me, the video was pants, my computer is pants, my recording software was alien to me but was all worth it :)

Gratz to the winners :P

Edited by Cacus

Posted (edited)

lol@ a lot of crybabies in this thread. #2 is the only video that's obviously not suppose to be there. Everything is subjective, even if you spend 20+hours and 500gb doesn't make your video anything special bud. A lot of these videos are boring as hell. You guys don't tell a story, just put together some shots to the same boring music everyone is using. Amazing how the same 3-4songs are used in every video. There's a ton more to choose from in the game files. 

Grats to anyone who got anything. To everyone whining about how they're a special snowflake and deserved to be in the top and are better than the others etc etc, Go ----- off back to Tumblr. 

Bernie.thumb.jpg.02a2e8e8e317178da80e069

l

Edited by The Kingslayer