• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Event: And the oscar goes to… Winners!

301 posts in this topic

Posted

congrats to the winners!

Posted

I'm sorry, but I'm jumping on this "wtf" bandwagon. I didn't know the event was going on so I didn't upload anything, BUT, I have eyes and an opinion. 

#1 basically sucked, in my opinion, although it had more direction and meaning than most of the others.

#2 probably took the guy 30m to click on the template's various 'clip' inserts, then threw on music. Then the guy didn't even bother to write out some story about his guild, but instead used a plagiarized copy from some book/post online. 

#3 was relatively pointless, but at least it showcased how fun and detailed BDO is, which is more useful than #1 or #2. I liked #3 just because it was upbeat, although I do wish it had more of a story to it. 

#4 was a bunch of cutscenes and "how-to-ride-a-horse-in-BDO" video. . . this one actually pissed me off because of the spoilers in it... had to stop watching as I have yet to get to the story that it was divulging. 

Sorry, but the CM should've allowed the community to vote on the videos... could've done an in-game announcement for everyone to come look at the entries and vote, because it seems like the CM (and whomever else voted) don't know a decent video from a hole in their. . . well, you know. 

So that's my rant. I decided to go ahead and login and post for the first time, because seeing the outcome of this event has left a bad taste in my mouth for the CM and his/her cohorts. 

Next time, take it to the damned players and let them choose. 

6 people like this

Posted

Amazing how the same 3-4songs are used in every video. There's a ton more to choose from in the game files. 

You clearly didn't check the original post for the event, they supplied us with a folder that included only some of the in-game music and the intro/outro. 

Some of your other points are true to some extent, but when the majority of people commenting are pointing out that some of the top videos weren't the best, pretty sure that's not just coincidental. Yes, the best video is down to people's opinions, but that doesn't make bad videos good. They really should've let the community vote on the top videos, even if they made a shortlist for us to choose from.

Event is done either way, hopefully future video events will be done better!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You clearly didn't check the original post for the event, they supplied us with a folder that included only some of the in-game music and the intro/outro. 

Some of your other points are true to some extent, but when the majority of people commenting are pointing out that some of the top videos weren't the best, pretty sure that's not just coincidental. Yes, the best video is down to people's opinions, but that doesn't make bad videos good. They really should've let the community vote on the top videos, even if they made a shortlist for us to choose from.

Event is done either way, hopefully future video events will be done better!

+1

Please, be sure you are talking before to talk. we are a little hirritable here. Anyway I'm happy with 10th place, but I'm not sure if I deserve watching the jury has acted, just lucky to posting between 6-20 page? Bah.

Edited by Iberian

Posted

Congrats to everyone who won!! :)

I thought number 1 was really great and touching with a very good buildup to the "reveal" of what was actually happening. Nice job!

I can't say that I've seen any videos where I really say "this is too bad to be a winner" or something, though there were, of course, some I liked more or less and might have ranked differently, but that will always be the case in any ranking with any kind of subjective value.

I have read the comments, and I guess some of the critique points have merit, but no matter how winners are chosen, there will still be those who agree with it and those who think something else is better...and the community voting risks it turning into a popularity contest more than anything else, so I don't know that I'm necessarily for that for this kind of stuff. I assume the Daumsters take a vote and/or discuss amongst themselves, and I have faith that they're going by merit (as perceived by them, of course, as we all can only go by subjectively perceived merit if we don't want to start breaking it down to some kind of clinical scoring system, insofar as that would even be possible).

Anyway, I am really enjoying the Events overall, even if I'm just dropping by to see what others have done (I don't always participate and didn't participate in this one); gives it all a more lively feel than some games/communities, imo.

So again: Gratz to the winners, and to all participants, as all get the title and loyalty points :)

2 people like this

Posted

Am i the only one without getting my title? Even tho i entered.

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven't received ingame title either.....whats happening CM's? :-(

Posted

and the community voting risks it turning into a popularity contest more than anything else, so I don't know that I'm necessarily for that for this kind of stuff. I assume the Daumsters take a vote and/or discuss amongst themselves, and I have faith that they're going by merit 

The vote IS  a popularity contest - which video is the most popular. Also, I highly doubt that people on this forum are SO chummy with enough people that it would sway the vote in any one way. Will there be those voting just because they like 'joe blow'? Sure, but it's also just as likely the CM and others that judged will be the same way - perhaps even more biased given that the CM is familiar with most "popular" people.

Or maybe it has to do with how much money each contestant has shelled out towards the game? Who knows. . . . only they do, but what we DO know is that #2 sucked the big one, broke numerous rules, yet managed to secure itself the #2 spot. That alone is enough for me to say something doesn't seem right here. 

Sorry, but it's a community event and it should be voted on by the community. And from the looks of the posts, the person who made #1 would also have received #1 from the community. But personally, I thought it was slow, boring, and very cliche'...but, that's just me. I understand its appeal, but the whole 'heart-wrenching' child's play to our emotional attachment to children is simply overdone. That's how advertisements manipulate people into buying things: sex and our kids health/future, etc..

Posted

Has anyone got their email yet?

Posted

Guess they couldn't handle the serendian wubs. B|

Congratulations to the winners.

3 people like this

Posted

I didn't receive my title :( 

Posted

As some others have mentioned, the style of the video could have had an impact on who the winners would be. Something the Devs wouldn't mind showcasing off the game. 

For instance, the video I submitted was rather crude, and though I personally just made it for fun, I truthfully didn't think it would win in any shape or form as it was not nearly as serious as many of the other entries I had watched. I only wanted to participate, so I made something that I felt was fun to make. But it was probably not something the Devs would have wanted to show as something to "represent" the game.

Though I do believe it could be interesting if they ever did another similar event, to have a more specific "theme" beyond just a "music video". It could produce even more detailed results. But nonetheless, again, congrats to the winners!

3 people like this

Posted

For instance, the video I submitted was rather crude,

That was beautiful, definitely should've won.

Posted

Did not get the title and 300 points

Posted

AWWWW, thought i had a chance at this =(. Rip Like 12 Hours of editing and Scene picking...

Honestly this was good. I watched the #1 video just so I could compare it to yours to maybe give some pointers, from an outsider's perspective. 

Right off the bat, the difference I noticed between the 2 was the usage of the camera. If we're thinking of this as telling a story, or even creating visual interest, I notice that I found myself drawn to a camera that is much more slow or even still. The environment in this game, while you stand still to look at the world, is beautiful. I feel that was one aspect of your video that was missing; still shots. You clearly thought out your camera sweeps and rotations, but it never quite stood still long enough. I feel this drew away from your solid concept of the Wizard because, while he was alone, we never got a good moment to just sit and watch him be lonely; aside from the moment with the profile shot of his face with the beard coming from beneath his hat. 

Your video clearly had time and thought put into it. I commend you. I think you've made a great thing that clearly expresses that you have a great skillset, and I hope to see more from you improving/experimenting with that skillset. 

I hope you know that I mean this... artist to artist? Yeah. Lame.

One love.
Stay Weird.
Let it be.
-The Holy Pope

1 person likes this

Posted

Did not get the tittle and 300 points :(

Posted

Also awaiting title/miles.

Posted (edited)

Also awaiting title/miles.

Same.

Also got nothing for all events. Even for guild one. 

@CM_Jouska

Edited by Maylia
1 person likes this

Posted

Got the email requesting a mailing address this morning.

Posted

Any word on titles and 300 miles? Has anyone actually received them in game at all yet?

Posted

@CM_Jouska do you have a date you can give us for Reward Distribution? It's stressful not knowing as many of us haven't received them yet.

Posted

Any word on titles and 300 miles? Has anyone actually received them in game at all yet?

Still waiting on my title. 

Posted

No title here either.

Posted

gratz to everyone what a great competition =)

Posted

Well congratulations to the winners (although some of them are weird for top20 in my opinion but well I'm not calling the shots)

I just hope they'll open a topic like the one for other event that people didn't get their rewards.

I still didn't get my title or loyality points, also the title from guild picture doesn't seem to work for anyone in my guild although we already recived a reward a long time ago.