• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Event: And the oscar goes to… Winners!

301 posts in this topic

Posted

My video took me like 5 hours to make so that's dope that I won a t-shirt.

Congrats to all the other winners. 

Posted

I still didn't get my title or loyality points, also the title from guild picture doesn't seem to work for anyone in my guild although we already recived a reward a long time ago.

so far nobody received their rewards i think, i haven't seen anyone with the title ingame.

the guild picture event title "one for all, and all for one" has not been announced as a reward for the event, it is just sitting in the titles list and the many questions the community asked about it have not been answered yet...

Posted

Wait I am not even in top 20? Have I been disqualified!? 

Also does not feel right with number 2, considering rule - "Editing the footage is allowed (video as well as the music); must be recognizable as original content of BDO"

Yeh officially now suspicious of disqualification after going through videos. I would like to have a confirmation that my video was considered, especially considering most other winners are either unwatchable, mess of edits, against rules, most are just walking shots ,suicide pacts that only earns a oscar as a 'Snuff' movie, or one is nearly 80% blackness!

Congratulations to others!

If it means anything. I realy loved watching your video ^-^

1 person likes this

Posted

so far nobody received their rewards i think, i haven't seen anyone with the title ingame.

the guild picture event title "one for all, and all for one" has not been announced as a reward for the event, it is just sitting in the titles list and the many questions the community asked about it have not been answered yet...

I found the topic that stated  that anyone who didn't recive the reward for one for all and all for one  should file a form but somehow i missed it all those days earlier... .

Well I hope they'll be able to get it  before or right after next maintence.

Posted

No title yet. Did make a video here :( Didn't expect to win at all, want the participation though! 

Posted

I found the topic that stated  that anyone who didn't recive the reward for one for all and all for one  should file a form but somehow i missed it all those days earlier... .

Well I hope they'll be able to get it  before or right after next maintence.

the title "one for all, and all for one" was not officially mentioned as reward for that event. the topic you mention concerned the guild points that were the announced reward for that event. many people, including me, have repeatedly asked about the title "one for all, and all for one" which can be seen in the title list ingame but was not announced as reward. no answer was given so far...

Posted

As some others have mentioned, the style of the video could have had an impact on who the winners would be. Something the Devs wouldn't mind showcasing off the game. 

For instance, the video I submitted was rather crude, and though I personally just made it for fun, I truthfully didn't think it would win in any shape or form as it was not nearly as serious as many of the other entries I had watched. I only wanted to participate, so I made something that I felt was fun to make. But it was probably not something the Devs would have wanted to show as something to "represent" the game.

Though I do believe it could be interesting if they ever did another similar event, to have a more specific "theme" beyond just a "music video". It could produce even more detailed results. But nonetheless, again, congrats to the winners!

Your video is amazing! I can't stop laughing :D

Posted

@CM_Jouska When reward distribution will be available?

Still waiting title and miles

Posted

@Dangerous Ted, Great job!

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska Still no Music video title and Guild SS title

Posted

still no title or miles

Posted

Still no title or miles after the patch....

Posted (edited)

I think we might get it later, I also didn't get title nor miles :(

Edited by Drakeye

Posted

I think we might get it later, I also didn't get title nor miles :(

Hopefully next wednesday :)

Posted

Still waiting for my title and miles... >_<

Any info on when we get them?

Posted

@CM_Jouska Still no Music video title and Guild SS title

The Guild event never had a title as a reward, only guild XP. They'll probably use that title for a later planned event instead. Who knows.

Posted

Have not received the title or loyalty yet.  Is there an ETA? 

Posted

The Guild event never had a title as a reward, only guild XP. They'll probably use that title for a later planned event instead. Who knows.

questions about this title have been asked numerous times on these forums but so far no answer was given.

Posted

Gratz winners!

When do we get our rewards? I am still searching for the title! :D

Posted

Congratulations to our winners, all other entries will be given 300 Loyalty and the in-game title "And the oscar goes to".  We thank all of you for your participation and look forward to the next event!

When do we get the rewards?

Posted (edited)

The vote IS  a popularity contest - which video is the most popular. Also, I highly doubt that people on this forum are SO chummy with enough people that it would sway the vote in any one way. Will there be those voting just because they like 'joe blow'? Sure, but it's also just as likely the CM and others that judged will be the same way - perhaps even more biased given that the CM is familiar with most "popular" people.

Or maybe it has to do with how much money each contestant has shelled out towards the game? Who knows. . . . only they do, but what we DO know is that #2 sucked the big one, broke numerous rules, yet managed to secure itself the #2 spot. That alone is enough for me to say something doesn't seem right here. 

Sorry, but it's a community event and it should be voted on by the community. And from the looks of the posts, the person who made #1 would also have received #1 from the community. But personally, I thought it was slow, boring, and very cliche'...but, that's just me. I understand its appeal, but the whole 'heart-wrenching' child's play to our emotional attachment to children is simply overdone. That's how advertisements manipulate people into buying things: sex and our kids health/future, etc..

-----

I'm sorry, but I'm jumping on this "wtf" bandwagon. I didn't know the event was going on so I didn't upload anything, BUT, I have eyes and an opinion. 

#1 basically sucked, in my opinion, although it had more direction and meaning than most of the others.

#2 probably took the guy 30m to click on the template's various 'clip' inserts, then threw on music. Then the guy didn't even bother to write out some story about his guild, but instead used a plagiarized copy from some book/post online. 

#3 was relatively pointless, but at least it showcased how fun and detailed BDO is, which is more useful than #1 or #2. I liked #3 just because it was upbeat, although I do wish it had more of a story to it. 

#4 was a bunch of cutscenes and "how-to-ride-a-horse-in-BDO" video. . . this one actually pissed me off because of the spoilers in it... had to stop watching as I have yet to get to the story that it was divulging. 

Sorry, but the CM should've allowed the community to vote on the videos... could've done an in-game announcement for everyone to come look at the entries and vote, because it seems like the CM (and whomever else voted) don't know a decent video from a hole in their. . . well, you know. 

So that's my rant. I decided to go ahead and login and post for the first time, because seeing the outcome of this event has left a bad taste in my mouth for the CM and his/her cohorts. 

Next time, take it to the damned players and let them choose. 

geez, how many of you are tired of hearing the rants of 'punsylingus'?  doesn't even participate in the contest but feels like he has right to spew his negativity all over the winners.  talk about cliche, friend.  your bullshit is largely what's wrong with the world today.  entitlement with no participation in life.  tool.

Edited by Searer

Posted

geez, how many of you are tired of hearing the rants of 'pussylingus'?  doesn't even participate in the contest but feels like he has right to spew his negativity all over the winners.  talk about cliche, friend.  you're bullshit is largely what's wrong with the world today.  entitlement with no participation in life.  tool.

Posted Wednesday at 8:36 AM · Report post

I'm sorry, but I'm jumping on this "wtf" bandwagon. I didn't know the event was going on so I didn't upload anything, BUT, I have eyes and an opinion. 

#1 basically sucked, in my opinion, although it had more direction and meaning than most of the others.

#2 probably took the guy 30m to click on the template's various 'clip' inserts, then threw on music. Then the guy didn't even bother to write out some story about his guild, but instead used a plagiarized copy from some book/post online. 

#3 was relatively pointless, but at least it showcased how fun and detailed BDO is, which is more useful than #1 or #2. I liked #3 just because it was upbeat, although I do wish it had more of a story to it. 

#4 was a bunch of cutscenes and "how-to-ride-a-horse-in-BDO" video. . . this one actually pissed me off because of the spoilers in it... had to stop watching as I have yet to get to the story that it was divulging. 

Sorry, but the CM should've allowed the community to vote on the videos... could've done an in-game announcement for everyone to come look at the entries and vote, because it seems like the CM (and whomever else voted) don't know a decent video from a hole in their. . . well, you know. 

So that's my rant. I decided to go ahead and login and post for the first time, because seeing the outcome of this event has left a bad taste in my mouth for the CM and his/her cohorts. 

Next time, take it to the damned players and let them choose. 

letting the players choose is also not a good idea, because you could have someone like #2 in one of the largest guilds in the game, have their entire guild vote for them, and completely outshine someone who put tons and tons of work into their video
either way
congrats to the winners, and also congrats to everyone that entered
was a good show, many great videos, and also had a good time making one myself c:

Posted

Woah! Congrats to all winners, u really deserved it!

Posted

Grats people!

Would love to see that BDO figure, anyone got some pictures?

Posted

geez, how many of you are tired of hearing the rants of 'punsylingus'?  doesn't even participate in the contest but feels like he has right to spew his negativity all over the winners.  talk about cliche, friend.  your bullshit is largely what's wrong with the world today.  entitlement with no participation in life.  tool.

my brother may have changed my 'wording' but you're still founder of the clams r us club.  prairie dog.