• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A Male Counterpart for the future "Dark Elf" Class! [POLL]

Male "Dark Elf" Counterpart Questions!   1,722 votes

1. 1. Would you like for the "Dark Elf" class to have a male counterpart?

• Yes, I would like for there to be one.
    • No, I explicitly don't wish for there to be one.
    • I wouldn't care either way.
  2. 2. Would you, personally, play a "Dark Elf" male counterpart?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe/Unsure.
  3. 3. If you would like the "Dark Elf" to have a male counterpart, which style would you prefer?

• An exact copy of the "Dark Elf" class.
    • Slightly different than the "Dark Elf" class, similar to Blader/Plum differences.
    • Different than the "Dark Elf" class but close, similar to Warrior/Valkyrie differences.
    • Don't care either way.
    • I don't want a male "Dark Elf" counterpart at all.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

225 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Like you said, they changed their tunes..which is the reason why I don't want to trust the Q&A. This is the reason why I found your points about the sorc and wizard to be invalid its because they threw out the witch class later on. I hope they continue to change their tunes and kill the male elf for eternity though. As long as they don't take the space of another female elf class then I don't care though. Have a dood elf if you want but just not before the new class.

I wasn't claiming that BD lore had only male giants and female elves, I only made a guess that that could be the case because I have yet to see a female giant or a male elf.

Nobody wants a male dark elf counterpart before the female dark elf is released or for him to "take her place" if he's ever released.  Where are you even getting this idea?  Counterpart means that he'd be a compliment to the female dark elf class (who would come first), not removing the female dark elf class....

Since there seems to be some misunderstanding I'll state it simply:

• Female dark elf class comes out, awesome.  (I'm excited for that and plan on making one.)
  • Could PA make a future male dark elf class that is a counterpart to the female dark elf class after she's here?
    • Not asking them to change any plans, not asking them to remove the female dark elf, not asking them to push another class aside for him.  Just asking if we can get one some time in the future.

That's all this suggestion is.

Edited by Maevynn
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

would be nice if your guys could vote the same for Sorcerer male !! :)

if it could be possible make a giant warrior would be also Nice i wish if there were no class lock but idk it could be change

but i realy wish there will come male sorcerer 

Edited by Exodiaz

Posted

would be nice if your guys could vote the same for Sorcerer male !! :)

if it could be possible make a giant warrior would be also Nice i wish if there were no class lock but idk it could be change

but i realy wish there will come male sorcerer 

Sadly as it's an older class and doesn't have a "Wow!!" factor of a new class + counterpart, I feel like a Sorcerer male would be harder to get.

We've asked them a lot of times for a male Sorcerer (as have KR!) and they seem to have made up their minds that they aren't revisiting the idea.  We can definitely keep trying, but as of right now a male dark elf counterpart is much more likely because the "dark elf" class isn't out yet.  Because of that rapidly approaching deadline (the end of this year is when the female dark elf comes out in KR, so we could be seeing it any day now!) the male dark elf counterpart idea is a bit more urgent to push—Which is why I'm personally funneling my efforts here at the moment.

I do completely support the idea of a male sorcerer.  However, they said that if they did ever revisit those classes they'd like them to be sufficiently different from one another (such as the Valkyrie and Warrior), so he'd likely have a different name, different skills, and maybe even a different theme.

Posted

What makes this "Dark Elf" any different than our current Elf, other than combat style?

But personally I think there should be some sort of male/female counterpart for every class so people can have a choice. :T
I just want a melee type male elf. Please Pearl Abyss. Please

Posted

Why is gender lock even a thing? Make the damn class. Adjust slight differences in animation. Done. Everyone is happy. Like I honestly don't understand. Making a game with gender locked classes is like doing belly flops in the pool while pregnant: it purposely and significantly gimps the success of what comes out. RIP :/ .

Why is gender lock even a thing? Make the damn class. Adjust slight differences in animation. Done. Everyone is happy. Like I honestly don't understand. Making a game with gender locked classes is like doing belly flops in the pool while pregnant: it purposely and significantly gimps the success of what comes out. RIP :/ .

5 people like this

Posted

Err dont forget the Wizard... Wizard, Blader, Ninja, Warrior.

and Berserker?

Posted

It's time to call this game Chick Desert Online.

Posted

and Berserker?

late to the party, but the Berserker is a unique case, like the elf was. They both are the first non-human classes you have the option of playing. 

Posted

As soon as I heard Dark Elf was going to be gender locked I refused to spend any more money on pearl shop items. I will not spend another penny on this game until we get the male Dark Elf !

Get any company to see that their decisions are affecting their bank balance and they will change their minds, people just need to stick together !

:/

2 people like this

Posted

As soon as I heard Dark Elf was going to be gender locked I refused to spend any more money on pearl shop items. I will not spend another penny on this game until we get the male Dark Elf !

Get any company to see that their decisions are affecting their bank balance and they will change their minds, people just need to stick together !

:/

PA stated in an interview that they were thinking about making a male dark elf. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 person likes this

Posted

They won't do it, cause it require work you know ¬¬ (that was the excuse for the gender lock classes i remind you)

Posted

meh, more male classes pls

Posted

I don't think there should be a male Dark Knight. There already is a warrior. There should be more male classes, but maybe aim for Archer.

Posted

I don't think there should be a male Dark Knight. There already is a warrior. There should be more male classes, but maybe aim for Archer.

I don't think there should be a female Dark Knight. There already is a warrior. See what I did there?

Posted

I don't think there should be a female Dark Knight. There already is a warrior. See what I did there?

Yeah I don't think they should make a female Dark Knight either. They should be working on improving the game and/or adding male versions to Ranger, Tamer, and Sorceress. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah I don't think they should make a female Dark Knight either. They should be working on improving the game and/or adding male versions to Ranger, Tamer, and Sorceress. 

You are missing the point, you're under the assumption that DK isn't a new class and is "just another warrior". Also, improvements to the game are being made, they've been expanding the ocean content, added a new area up north, partnered with silicon studio, finished all the classes awakenings, adding a new class - the Dark Knight. And it's not like I'm even speaking out of fanboyism, I barely even like the game, but to say that they're not working on improving the game is a little short sighted.

Edit: I'd also very much like to see male versions of the classes that are currently female exclusive (Tamer/Sorc/etc), but I also understand the decision not to, as it doesn't add anything "new".

Edited by Dr. Dinosaur

Posted

@CM_Aethon Just in case you may not have seen this or wanted to show Kakao/PA the poll results or something, figured I'd tag you! 

They won't do it, cause it require work you know ¬¬ (that was the excuse for the gender lock classes i remind you)

Right, but!

• Witch was never planned, it took people asking after the Wizard was revealed for us to get the Witch.
    • This one is kind-of interesting because they actually explicitly told us "There will never be a female Wizard.", and yet...
  • Maehwa was never planned, it took people asking after the Musa was released for us to get the Maehwa.
  • Ninja/Kunoichi is the same scenario.  After Kunoichi was revealed fans asked for a male one too, and we got one.

So I'm holding out hope!  If we let them know we want it and continue letting them know, it could go our way!

While it is a shame that we didn't get those, they are much less likely to happen because they're "old news".  They've even told us that they don't want to revisit those classes and instead want to focus on new more exciting classes, and that if they did ever revisit them they'd want to make them very different from their counterparts to make sure that they're new and exciting.

1 person likes this

Posted

They should be working on improving the game and/or adding male versions to Ranger, Tamer, and Sorceress. 

The male Ranger dream lives forever in my heart. :^(

Posted

Dark elf male = shadow hunter

Not sure how I would feel about that.

For anyone interested in the art/artist like I was. From what I could find the art was done by a person called "Riiick" on cghub but that site was shutdown, though I found a blog with some of his other works http://riiick.blog.me/

1 person likes this

Posted

According to their prior class release dates, what we see is a bit of a 2-months-later counterpart pattern:

• Musa: February 27th, 2015
  • Maehwa: April 30th, 2015
  • Kunoichi: July 30th, 2015
  • Ninja: September 25th, 2015

If we go by that pattern and ignore the Wizard/Witch who released on the same day (because the Witch was shoveled in last minute due to high demand!) we can assume that if we do get a male Dark Knight counterpart, he'll be coming around Mid/Late February.

As for the "What will he be?" question, I think there's only one (or two, technically!) logical answers.

The four Elven Orders are divided up depending on their belief and which elven ancestors' teachings they follow.  The Rangers and Aker/Acher (Acher guard armor!) follow the teachings of Ganelle, who valued harmony with nature spirits, complete peace (with the sacrifice of personal freedoms), extreme rule-following and structure.  The Dark Knights and Aheve/Ahib however, follow the teachings of Vedir, who valued controlling/dominating nature spirits, an emphasis on personal freedoms and choice.

• Historically, the Aker/Acher were there before the Rangers.  The Aker/Acher value following a strict tradition and rule-based mindset above all others, and for this the Rangers split off from this group to form a new one that values progression and change.
  • The Aheve/Ahib split off from the Dark Knights.  The Dark Knights are best understood as moderate followers of Vedir, and still follow the laws and rules.  The Ahib/Aheve however, are entirely focused on dark magic and increasing their power at all costs—even against the natural law and order of Kamasylvia.

The Elven classes that we have represent half of the Elven orders thus far:  Rangers, and Dark Knights.  Reasonably, then, we should (not saying we will) get 2 male elven classes:  Acher and Aheve.  This would complete the representation of all of the Elven orders.

Ideas-wise, the Male Dark Knight counterpart could be either an Acher or an Aheve.

• An Acher Dark Knight counterpart would be somewhat of a druid/paladin/spellsword merger, based on the lore of the Acher.  He would be a part of an order that values rules, commitment, and tradition.  Very conservative, and a very long history stretching back to presumably the beginning of Kamasylvia.  Lots of room for amazing awakening weapon potential.
    • Stylistically an Acher "counterpart" to the Dark Knight would be something like this (source) and this (source).
  • An Aheve Dark Knight counterpart would have more of an emphasis on dark magic and the corruption of nature.  He would be from a people who are chaotic, self-interested, and uncontrollable.  We could expect something more "intense" and less controlled.
    • An Aheve Dark Knight we don't know much of in terms of looks, but we can assume it would be something like this (source), or if they got a little more creative with the "magic + sword" concept, we could see something like Sylas's fighting style.  (Since we know PA loves being inspired by Vindictus).

These are all assuming that the counterpart uses the Spellsword and Trinket combo, which we've seen counterparts always using the same weapons but with a different twist to how they work in varying degrees.  Wizard/Witch were identical pre-awakening, Warrior/Valkyrie are pretty different overall.

2 people like this

Posted

i dont understand all these posts about having counter parts to classes with having polls?

why do you think they will do this even if alot of people want it,

alot of people, nearly all didnt want the costumes to be sold on marketplace

it was the most commented post on the entire forum

yet it was still added

now why would they make a different gender counter part even if everyone wants it

why does gender of a class even matter, you are usually always looking from behind

Posted

i dont understand all these posts about having counter parts to classes with having polls?

why do you think they will do this even if alot of people want it,

alot of people, nearly all didnt want the costumes to be sold on marketplace

it was the most commented post on the entire forum

yet it was still added

now why would they make a different gender counter part even if everyone wants it

why does gender of a class even matter, you are usually always looking from behind

They said that the wizard will NEVER have a female counterpart, they released the witch.
They announced ninja as a female only class, two months later the male ninja was released.
they released wizard as an old man, eventually they made it so he could be young.
Whats in common with all three scenario's? people asked enough times, they said "sure" they released it.

From a business prospective not releasing the costumes on the marketplace is a terrible idea, by doing so they can earn more money after the game came out, on the other hand, if they release two gender of elves (male and female) they could sell more costumes since the people who don't want to play a female will make the male character, then they can buy outfits from the cash shop, otherwise those people who want to play the male character will stick with their old characters and PA makes no money off of it.

2 people like this

Posted

^
Complaining might not do anything.... 
But NOT complaining will definitely not do anything. 

Posted

They said that the wizard will NEVER have a female counterpart, they released the witch.They announced ninja as a female only class, two months later the male ninja was released.
they released wizard as an old man, eventually they made it so he could be young.
Whats in common with all three scenario's? people asked enough times, they said "sure" they released it.

From a business prospective not releasing the costumes on the marketplace is a terrible idea, by doing so they can earn more money after the game came out, on the other hand, if they release two gender of elves (male and female) they could sell more costumes since the people who don't want to play a female will make the male character, then they can buy outfits from the cash shop, otherwise those people who want to play the male character will stick with their old characters and PA makes no money off of it.

then why is there no male ranger? people been crying for that way before anything

1 person likes this