• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A Male Counterpart for the future "Dark Elf" Class! [POLL]

Male "Dark Elf" Counterpart Questions!   1,722 votes

1. 1. Would you like for the "Dark Elf" class to have a male counterpart?

• Yes, I would like for there to be one.
    • No, I explicitly don't wish for there to be one.
    • I wouldn't care either way.
  2. 2. Would you, personally, play a "Dark Elf" male counterpart?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe/Unsure.
  3. 3. If you would like the "Dark Elf" to have a male counterpart, which style would you prefer?

• An exact copy of the "Dark Elf" class.
    • Slightly different than the "Dark Elf" class, similar to Blader/Plum differences.
    • Different than the "Dark Elf" class but close, similar to Warrior/Valkyrie differences.
    • Don't care either way.
    • I don't want a male "Dark Elf" counterpart at all.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

225 posts in this topic

Posted

then why is there no male ranger? people been crying for that way before anything

They stated that they don't want to work on older classes this far after launch, since it won't add anything new in game. if i were to just guess i'd imagine they feel like no one will remake their characters for something that is already done, and they'd rather just release new characters, this could also be said with the male sorc that i've heard to no end about.

^
Complaining might not do anything.... 
But NOT complaining will definitely not do anything. 

Exactly, it's worth a try, if it happened with the wizard and the ninja, maybe we can make it happen with other classes, I mean the precedent has been set, we just gotta get their attention now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Popping in here to say that after having played the Dark Knight, it's an extremely fun class (I 100% plan on maining it and doing all of the Kamasylvia storyline with her!!) and I'd love to see what they'd so with a male counterpart and his awakening.

Interesting bits about the Dark Knight class:

• She can lay a trap.
  • She can mark enemies and then use those marks to explode them for damage.
  • She has a lot of ranged CC.
  • She has a "spellsword" mode which drains her mana, but increases her damage.

Something I thought would be interesting, is if they make the male equivalent of the dark knight a druid/paladin mixture type class.

1 person likes this

Posted

We were given a solid reason for the lack of a male dark knight.

Effectively, working on male and female versions doubles the meaningful workload - Twice the assets, twice the animations etc. Look at Witch/Wiz and Ninja/Kuno - Yes, they're equivalents, but balanced differently, with different awakenings.

This means the devs had to make a choice: Continue to make male/female versions of each new class, or make two entirely different classes in roughly the same time frame. Personally, I don't mind gender locked classes, and I'd rather get two entirely distinctive classes instead of a male and female version that are mostly the same. 

This is why I've voted no to the male version, rather than simply remaining neutral.

Posted (edited)

We were given a solid reason for the lack of a male dark knight.

Effectively, working on male and female versions doubles the meaningful workload - Twice the assets, twice the animations etc. Look at Witch/Wiz and Ninja/Kuno - Yes, they're equivalents, but balanced differently, with different awakenings.

This means the devs had to make a choice: Continue to make male/female versions of each new class, or make two entirely different classes in roughly the same time frame. Personally, I don't mind gender locked classes, and I'd rather get two entirely distinctive classes instead of a male and female version that are mostly the same. 

This is why I've voted no to the male version, rather than simply remaining neutral.

They've said that they're interested in making a male dark knight counterpart and have been talking in-house about it.

What they said was that creating an identical class was something that they didn't want to do, they like counterparts and have always planned on creating counterparts.  Hence Warrior/Valk.  The Warrior/Valkyrie differences have been stated multiple times to be what they're "aiming for" when creating new classes as counterparts.  That's what they want to do, not the identical counterparts like Wizard/Witch.  (It should be noted that Wizard/Witch's clothes are copy-pasted onto one another and that they have the same exact animations pre-awakening.  So they do definitely cut corners to make the workload less for counterparts.)

You can get distinctly different classes while following the same theme of weapons and general abilities while managing to "mix it up".  Hence, why I added an option for it:

"Different than the "Dark Elf" class but close, similar to Warrior/Valkyrie differences."

Edited by Maevynn
1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, but I'd still rather have two entirely different classes than even a Warrior/Valk style pairing.

And if you go that route, people will still want the 'equivalent' gender-flipped version anyway. You end up with the worst of both worlds - two classes similar enough to make playing both boring for some of us, whilst not satisfying those who want a very similar Witch/Wiz style pairing.

Personally, I'd be happier with the next class having nothing in common with DK!

Posted

I'd like a Male counterpart, but I'd settle for Heavy Armor costumes for DK that makes the char look like she's going to war. I'll admit I don't prefer playing a female char(if I have the option), however if I must play one then she needs to look battle ready and not like she's going to a party or is the main attraction at a strip club.. I understand there are those that do prefer that, but it would be nice if Kakao showed some attention to either side of this(more war costumes for female classes or more male classes). Ideally they would do both. 

Posted

Yeah, but I'd still rather have two entirely different classes than even a Warrior/Valk style pairing.

And if you go that route, people will still want the 'equivalent' gender-flipped version anyway. You end up with the worst of both worlds - two classes similar enough to make playing both boring for some of us, whilst not satisfying those who want a very similar Witch/Wiz style pairing.

Personally, I'd be happier with the next class having nothing in common with DK!

Honestly though, if you've played Warrior/Valk, they're really entirely different classes.  The overlap is very small, but they're still just close enough where you can go.  "Okay yeah, I get it.".  No matter what a class concept is going to be boring to some people.  I do get what you're saying and it does have merit, but I think there are counter-arguments that are just as strong.  For all we know it would feed a particular portion of the audience who may even prefer his playstyle over hers, while leaving the people who like the DK the way she is with something as well.

It's kind of like how wildly different Ninja and Kunoichi are post-awakening, y'know?  They're going to appeal to entirely different groups of people.

I can live with the next class not having something in common with DK, sure, but I would still enjoy a counterpart.  I can't say I'd be "disappointed" we don't get one, because at this timeframe it's what I'm expecting, but it would be a good thing to have and I'll continue to show my support for the idea.

Especially because, presumably, post-awakening he'd go another route even further.  Wizard/Witch are the only counterparts I can think of where their awakenings are pretty similar in playstyle and execution.

1 person likes this

Posted

We need more males. Especially more elvish males. Yes please!

Posted

Yes, please. Oh yes.

A male elf, I would prefer a dagger & bow male elf.

But male elf, in the end I would take him no matter what combat style. PLEASE.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

+1 Male Elf

saara-makinen-dark-elf-warrior-concept-3
Quelle

pic1710953_md.jpg

Weapon:

minibathleth1.jpg

zweililie_elbisch1a_g.jpgQuelle

Edited by Black Wolf
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Personally I think that things like genderlock are annoying. If I'd want to get myself some female-warrior-eyecandy I wouldn't be able to, same thing if I want to get myself a badass-male-ranger ... 

oh count me in for a male counterpart :D 

Edited by Ex_Machina

Posted

Push, need male Elfs please :)

Posted

Nice Poll Great questions :)

Posted

62,58 %  -   1057 people vote for a playable male dark elven 

That is quit a lot. 

Posted (edited)

For me, what I would love to see at some point, is a dual wield sword class. Male of Female, I personally do not care. As we are talking about Dark Elfs though, this what I had in my mind:

http://imgur.com/L2T5TBr

OR

http://imgur.com/bZ3N2WR

Edited by Oldar

Posted

Bump! Still would love to see a male elf.

Posted

Death Knight~

Posted

The Name of the 2 Race are in the Lore, (Sun) Archer and (Moon) Ahib i think it is Male Race i hope so pls. 

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/332

Acher was the first of the four factions to form. Achers demanded absolute principle, law, and order. Rangers were the second faction to be established by those that accepted the consciousness of Kamasylve, In which history and progress coexist.

The third faction, the Dark Knights, were founded by Vedirs and their followers. Like the Rangers, they accepted the consciousness of Kamasylve, but employed a different method of controlling nature’s power.  The Dark Knights went on to be stricken by a coup, out of which formed a breakaway faction led by distinct Vedirs. Those who broke off were the Ahibs, who pined for the power of darkness.

Posted

*push*

<3

Male ranger please, not dark elf counterpart.

Posted

PLS!! Not only for dark elf! Both elf classes need a male part!!! :)

2 people like this

Posted

Yes, we need a male elf for each elven side! A must-have for the roleplay community. :D

3 people like this

Posted

I would die for male Dark Knight especially if the effects would be dark green - black and he would have a different awakening playstyle (Battle Maul, War Hammer, Morning Star, Shotel, Whip). I love female Dark Knight, but let me play som sexy husbando please ;)

Posted (edited)

Yes, we need a male elf for each elven side! A must-have for the roleplay community. :D

Yes male Elf's for Roleplay Elf Girls love the ears. :P

Edited by Black Wolf

Posted

Bump~ This is something I would love to see in the future. Male elves should also come with a leaner body type option. Or the ability to make him look leaner without it looking abnormal. 

(Also head size sliders please...)

Posted

The fact of the matter is, I don't care how the game is in Korea or anywhere else. It is international now and they get good business from us so with that fact we should have a even number of classes. Right now it is 5 Males and 8 Female classes, yes right now there is striker in Korea so what 6 males? But we all know the next class is going to be a female. So why can't we just have a male counterpart for an awesome class like a Dark knight?  

When i started this game a while back i was really hyped by all the classes and then i realized they are gender locked. Its bad enough that its like that but now they just wanna keep releasing female classes to rack in more cash cause people love seeing boobs bounce. I'm all for some female skimpyness and shit but i like playing a guy and the Dark knight class is completely epic and should honestly be for both genders just because of the sheer popularity of the class and how so many people want it. A little baffling that they didn't consider this.