• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Armors that exist but are not used!

76 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So these are just a few armors that i have found on the forums and in game that have not been used for players and only npc's have them.

2016-04-04_710185626.thumb.JPG.b53d9d1ae2016-04-04_710211548.thumb.JPG.bdb95ac06
2016-03-15_219291134_zpskkcpslbg.thumb.p2016-03-09_396799209.thumb.JPG.ff7433238
2016-03-10_67513450.thumb.JPG.92b32fa0212016-03-15_219355853_zpsvgnczavs.thumb.p

Adding these items would greatly help with the players need for new looks in the game.
@CM_Jouska

Edited by Ecchi Bunny
19 people like this

Posted

honestly stuff like this just -----ing boggles my mind. there is absolutely no reason these can't be attainable in-game, the assets are already there for gods sake. 

3 people like this

Posted

I really love that full body assassin's creed female armor *-*

I want it for my kunoichi!

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed, there are some NPC outfits in Mediah that look really good as well. 

Implementing them as craftable costumes might win back some goodwill from the players who can't handle the pearl shop items. And it's yet another thing people can craft/sell in game. 

7 people like this

Posted

I really feel like the costumes attainable in game should mirror the ones on npcs. The only ones we get are noble clothes, clown clothes, and profession outfits.

Posted

DAUM: "Hmm hard decision; we can either enable those costumes as craftables in game; or we can keep shit as it is and sell cash shop costumes at 30$ a pop.... decisions, decisions..hmm really very hard"

:D

1 person likes this

Posted

Look it would be extremely good for their image if they let us craft outfits that NPC's wear. 
It would give us more options in how we look and it would let people who buy Cash shop costumes be more unique because atm everyone and their mother is using the cash shop costumes purely because there is no other choice. 
That's milking money from people that spent money for the game just to play it, that is really bad marketing if you ask me. Because it turns potential customers away.
In an MMO part of the allure is that you can do many things in it but you need freedom to change your outfit otherwise people will get bored of the same old look.
To point out I'm not talking more armor sets. I'm talking more costumes even if they are hard to obtain in game or are in cash shop but at a extremely lower price.
If they added all these NPC costumes into cash shop at 5$ a pop they would make money by the boatload but without doing more work since the armors are in the game already just limited to NPC's.
As it stands people who don't have 30$ to throw at the game to look like a Greek god or a chicken or whatever could pay to look like an adventurer at least. And not a rich one but a novice.
Isn't the Korean way to not be wasteful?   Because making armor sets to only use on NPC's is wasteful.

3 people like this

Posted

2016-03-09_396799209.thumb.JPG.ff7433238

That would make a crazy sick costume , good for both Sorceress and Rangers.
Much better than some other stuff on the CS.........and no skirt!!!!!

4 people like this

Posted

Yes it would. And there are many more out there i didn't screenshot because i came to the idea a lot after.

Posted

Really nice idea. Also some npc armors/outfits could be opened after certain quest lines or dependant on amount of quests.For example guard armor for town/village opening up after doing X amount of quests in that town.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah all of that would be nice if the CM's actualy cared. 

I made this post and few replyes but those few ware positive. But seems the CM skiped my post. 

And i even sent a pm to Jouska but seems i got ignored.

Posted (edited)

CMs will ignore this like the plague but +1. Jouska might be in hiding after delivering such lackluster patch notes. 

Edited by LordGaben

Posted

Sometimes it hurts to see just how many assets go to waste just sitting on npcs alone, especially with outfits, seeing as this game is so severely lacking in that pool.  

Posted

On the upside, in the recent Q&A they stated they were actively looking into ways to 1) reduce dye RNG (hopefully like GW2's system, where dyes were sellable in-game). 2) make pets, and things along those lines attainable in-game. It'd be fantastic if the in-game costumes were expanded. 

Posted

On the upside, in the recent Q&A they stated they were actively looking into ways to 1) reduce dye RNG (hopefully like GW2's system, where dyes were sellable in-game). 2) make pets, and things along those lines attainable in-game. It'd be fantastic if the in-game costumes were expanded. 

Yup it would but at 30$ a pop its a bit costly for teens and people with low disposable income to get what they want.
Id like to support the game but not at the expense of my next weeks food.
But if they added costumes to be obtainable in game, it would be much better for them if those ware these NPC costumes and armors.
Because that way they can keep the Cash shop costumes there and ear from that because then those costumes will show you are supporting the game trough the shop.

Posted

The question is; are those actual armorpieces, or just NPCs that were made like this?

Because it's one thing to have a few NPC, that were just designed like this from the beginning. But it's a completely other thing to have an armor set, that fits on a scaleable bodytype without glitching.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Absolutely agree, there are so many beautiful NPC armors out there that I'd love to wear. I doubt they'd make them craftable though. They want us to buy those 30€ hooker costumes from the Cash Shop afterall and who would buy those if they could just get the beautiful stuff the NPCs wear way cheaper?

Edited by Natah
1 person likes this

Posted

The question is; are those actual armorpieces, or just NPCs that were made like this?

Because it's one thing to have a few NPC, that were just designed like this from the beginning. But it's a completely other thing to have an armor set, that fits on a scaleable bodytype without glitching.

To be honest I think its armor since even different races use the Valkyrie armor i screenshoted. And the new armor se Grunil uses the elf armor on the left in the 3 elf screen.
Without the hood because no class except Witch/Wizard gets to have a helmet/hat/hood in the in game armor sets.

Off topic;   I love your avatar. Its your in game character?  She's amazing.

Posted

Thank you! ^_^ Yes, she's my ingame character, although the Cash Shop is sadly still missing the piercings she's wearing on the pic. Hope they'll ad them sometime soon.

On Topic: I took some pics of clothes and armors you see around Altinova that I'd also love to be able to wear:

2016-04-07_36472394.thumb.JPG.31ed73276e2016-04-07_36490670.thumb.JPG.3f87a140ba2016-04-07_36527552.thumb.JPG.1b98a034912016-04-07_36620159.thumb.JPG.58311ec9ed2016-04-07_36732167.thumb.JPG.03d16f693d

1 person likes this

Posted

You should add the armor for Delphine and Trina Knights, as well as the Shadow Knight armors. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

honestly stuff like this just -----ing boggles my mind. there is absolutely no reason these can't be attainable in-game, the assets are already there for gods sake. 

Because they're trying to force you to pay. Frankly it does piss me off I've voiced it in other threads there are not more options. Fine keep the premium options. BUT PUT SOME DAMN BASICS IN THE GAME YOU TOFFS.

It's a deceptive tactic where they deliberately withhold content and try get you to cough up. It's bollocks. Plain and simple.

Some of those npc sets are better than looking like a cheap cash shop hooker....

Edited by Jack Sparrow

Posted

To be honest I think its armor since even different races use the Valkyrie armor i screenshoted. And the new armor se Grunil uses the elf armor on the left in the 3 elf screen.Without the hood because no class except Witch/Wizard gets to have a helmet/hat/hood in the in game armor sets.

Would be nice, if they were actual armor pieces for the NPCs. I never took a closer look at them. ^_^

But i don't think i could tell a difference between 'loose armor pieces' and 'complete model'. I mean, there's a lot of NPC-clones out there. Could be just a bunch of 'ready to use' models.

Posted

But i don't think i could tell a difference between 'loose armor pieces' and 'complete model'. I mean, there's a lot of NPC-clones out there. Could be just a bunch of 'ready to use' models.

You are right it is hard to tell and i myself cant tell but i hope i'm right and those are costumes. Since the fishing oufit and all other proffesion outfits are used by NPC's.

I love the last few the female desert armor and the witchy witch not a bathrobe witch. :3  
The ones before it could be like a casual wear or something. 

I just want to keep this thread active and get more Costume/Armors in it so that they have to notice it and tell us YES or NO to the idea.
So please guys and girls keep adding the NPC's costumes that you think should be usable by players.  If anything it will give them the idea of western taste in costumes because i really don't want to be a walking strip show. But then again there are some people that like that as well.  To each his own, but please do add to the thread. 

You should add the armor for Delphine and Trina Knights, as well as the Shadow Knight armor.

Can you Screen them and add to the thread it would be of really big help.  Add any NPC's look you think would be great as a costume.

Posted

Yep, atleast the armor of npcs should be able to get as costume set (gloves, helmet ect) by crafting, questing f.e,  so every player can build their own appearance to have set up which is unique. currently, almost every warrior looks the same altho i'm the 'hero' in the game/ story everyone looks like me. :/

Posted

Yeah it would be nice if they let us craft those. But i highly doubt that would happen. More likely than not if they do add them it would be cash shop.   And only if we are extra lucky would they lower the prices of those costumes.