• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Armors that exist but are not used!

76 posts in this topic

Posted

So these are just a few armors that i have found on the forums and in game that have not been used for players and only npc's have them.

2016-04-04_710185626.thumb.JPG.b53d9d1ae2016-04-04_710211548.thumb.JPG.bdb95ac06
2016-03-15_219291134_zpskkcpslbg.thumb.p2016-03-09_396799209.thumb.JPG.ff7433238
2016-03-10_67513450.thumb.JPG.92b32fa0212016-03-15_219355853_zpsvgnczavs.thumb.p

Adding these items would greatly help with the players need for new looks in the game.
@CM_Jouska

They will release them in CS for £40 each, cos they exclusive!

Posted

So these are just a few armors that i have found on the forums and in game that have not been used for players and only npc's have them.

2016-03-15_219355853_zpsvgnczavs.thumb.p

Adding these items would greatly help with the players need for new looks in the game.
@CM_Jouska

On a side note... IS THAT AN ELF MAGE/WITCH? Why can't we be a another race on some classes? I wanted my character to be a Witch , but sadly elves can only be female rangers  =(

I have seen many in game clothes that I want for my character. It really is annoying almost all the cash outfits are over the top and don't fit in with the world. I want to actually look like the NPC's, look like I belong. Not enough pants for the girls.

1 person likes this

Posted

On a side note... IS THAT AN ELF MAGE/WITCH? Why can't we be a another race on some classes? I wanted my character to be a Witch , but sadly elves can only be female rangers  =(

I have seen many in game clothes that I want for my character. It really is annoying almost all the cash outfits are over the top and don't fit in with the world. I want to actually look like the NPC's, look like I belong. Not enough pants for the girls.

You can change ears of most female classes to be pointy.

2016-02-04_3131279.thumb.JPG.69ad9a8f1e6v1fstSY.jpgHow_To_Do_Elf_Ears_On_Any_Char.png.b7f8e

They just won't be as big and long as Ranger's.

2016-04-04_703919769_zpsdrjolrvl.png

Posted

You can change ears of most female classes to be pointy.

2016-02-04_3131279.thumb.JPG.69ad9a8f1e6v1fstSY.jpgHow_To_Do_Elf_Ears_On_Any_Char.png.b7f8e

They just won't be as big and long as Ranger's.

2016-04-04_703919769_zpsdrjolrvl.png

Yup I tried that :) Could not get her ears long enough to come past the hair I use, so you could not even see them. Plus my character has REALLY long ears, even the Rangers actually don't get quite long enough. And the Witches look different then the Elves, their faces are lighter than their bodies and have different face presets.

Thanks for the suggestion though! If they would let us lengthen the human races ears just  a bit more it be great.

Posted

Yup I tried that :) Could not get her ears long enough to come past the hair I use, so you could not even see them. Plus my character has REALLY long ears, even the Rangers actually don't get quite long enough. And the Witches look different then the Elves, their faces are lighter than their bodies and have different face presets.

Thanks for the suggestion though! If they would let us lengthen the human races ears just  a bit more it be great.

Yeah, one of the reasons why I didn't roll Witch was the face not matching the color of the rest of her body. It's weird...

1 person likes this

Posted

If any of you didn't know. Some of the NPC armor can be rented and worn to have all the looks of the NPC. Downside it cost high amount of CP.

1 person likes this

Posted

If any of you didn't know. Some of the NPC armor can be rented and worn to have all the looks of the NPC. Downside it cost high amount of CP.

elaborate mor

Posted

elaborate mor

I think he means that some npc's allow you to rent armor for CP.

But he forgets that its rented as armor not a costume so when you use it you get your ass kicked in the world be it PVP or PVE.
But i may be wrong and its used as a costume. But really he should talk more about it since i don't have 30 CP to rent the Delphine knights armor.
It can be rented at the Fort where you fight harpies East od Heidel.

Posted

I think he means that some npc's allow you to rent armor for CP.

But he forgets that its rented as armor not a costume so when you use it you get your ass kicked in the world be it PVP or PVE.
But i may be wrong and its used as a costume. But really he should talk more about it since i don't have 30 CP to rent the Delphine knights armor.
It can be rented at the Fort where you fight harpies East od Heidel.

Mission of the week- get 30 CP points, rent Delphine Knights Armor, test it out.

xD

Posted

Fully agree with op. Great armors already in game, it would be nice if they were an option.

Posted

There's also the cute naga outfit worn by the material vendor of glitch...

I wouldn't mind if all armor of the pearl shop were craftable, even if they were lesser version...

Posted

They actually make you look like that NPC? I somehow really doubt this, probably looks just like whatever class you are playing as version. I think we would see more people in NPC armor if this were true. Most the time you can only rent there boots, or gloves anyway.

Posted

But still those are few and far between. And we are not sure how they look without testing it and sceenshoting it.

Posted

Would definitely add to the game. Could make the costume patterns an amity unlock from particular npcs. Secondary option to amity unlock then rent costume for cp. Would alleviate the cash shop crying and could avoid looking like a wh0re too!

@CM_Jouska Seems like a great suggestion thread.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There's a neat staff I've seen npcs wielding- it has an hourglass at the head. Is that an obtainable staff? if not, I want that skin added!

Also, allll of the NPC clothing would be wonderful as craftable items, even if statless. When the coupon to create your own costume is added, I'd totally purchase a few to make my own look. 

Edited by Novel
oops typos galore

Posted

There's a nat staff I've seen npcs weilding- it has an hourglass at the head. Is that an obtainable staff? if not, I want that skin added!

Do the walk around Altinova? Because I love those staves and the robe they wear.

There's also really cute dresses ladies in Tarif wear, and I'd love to have one.

Posted

Do the walk around Altinova? Because I love those staves and the robe they wear.

There's also really cute dresses ladies in Tarif wear, and I'd love to have one.

Yes! Those are the ones! The witches in game look so elegant with their unique armors and staves. ;n; I want all the things! 

Posted

Yup it would help a lot if we could get a CM to actually notice this thread.   And if they add them in any way but cash shop it would up their credibility and solve many of the problems people have with costumes.
But it seems i just cant seem to get a CM to notice this.   Short of starting to cry "notice me senpai".

Posted

There are so many not-used versions of Grunil o:

2016-04-11_99560017_zps2gonwt4c.png

2016-04-11_99340356_zps6byagack.png

And I bet that and the green one aren't the only Grunil-like NPC outfits in BDO!

I must find them all!

The white one is SO majestic, honestly. :x

1 person likes this

Posted

You should add the armor for Delphine and Trina Knights, as well as the Shadow Knight armors. 

This. I would cry if we could wear Delphe/Trina knight armor :")

Posted

2016-03-09_396799209.thumb.JPG.ff7433238

This set looks amazing. I can only imagine how ridiculously popular it would be if it were added to the game. In comparison to the gaudy and flashy armors that many women are trapped with currently, this one looks both functional and, honestly, awesome. 

I see no downside, for Daum, in adding NPC armors to the game for playable characters. If it is clipping they are worried about, add the sets to the classes that most closely match the body types of the NPCs wearing them. For instance, many of the full armor sets that women NPCs wear match the size of a valkyrie. This would match a ranger, by body type.

Plus, an addiontal upside for Daum/Pearl Abyss would be an increased number of available and usable armors with minimal effort. That's just efficiency!

1 person likes this

Posted

OH I really really love this costume
if Daum put this costume I wouldn't care if they put it in the CS
this must be mine!!

tallpic3_thumb_png_c10be688f01e3736351f27e6aea33f31.png

1 person likes this

Posted

I think those outfits are directly modeled onto the NPC's, theres no modular system where they put different clothes on NPC's (for example, all NPC's like in the post above are identical in facial appearance, etc.).

I mean, it wouldn't be a huge amount of work to convert them, but they're still probably too low in terms of fidelity and resolution to sell on the cash shop. Would be nice to have them obtainable ingame though.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think those outfits are directly modeled onto the NPC's, theres no modular system where they put different clothes on NPC's (for example, all NPC's like in the post above are identical in facial appearance, etc.).

I mean, it wouldn't be a huge amount of work to convert them, but they're still probably too low in terms of fidelity and resolution to sell on the cash shop. Would be nice to have them obtainable ingame though.

Nope, go to calpheon the valkyrie academy they have the exact same set on 3 races. 

And even if its modeled directly onto the body, its assets that are wasted on one use. 

They could easly make them into armor pieces since armor is modeled onto the body the same way this is but only the coding and steps used are diffrent. 

No matter the argument its wastefull to make sets of armor or diffrent looking outfits and then never use them but on certain npcs.

Edited by Ecchi Bunny

Posted

No matter the argument its wastefull to make sets of armor or diffrent looking outfits and then never use them but on certain npcs.

I agree. Yes, there would be some work involved with porting them into player characters, but I simply cannot imagine that being as much (or more!) than creating new armors from scratch. 

It seems so wasteful to have an entire wardrobe just sitting in game, being generally untouchable...