• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Armors that exist but are not used!

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Make these armor sets craftable in-game, and sell the armor->costume token things in the cash shop.   win/win

Posted

What a bunch of idiots ... You guys want so much content in game but you do not realise that they are working on upcoming content ... Stop being assholes , give them a year and then complain , or at least wait till august then post this thread

Il be an asshole all I want. And where did we state they have to do it NOW, RIGHT THIS INSTANT?  Where did we write this? Please tell me oh wise one.
I don't care when they do it for all i care it can be next year or a year and a half.
And the best part this is not a complaint its a bloody suggestion, tho ill admit its a bit complainy but its still only a suggestion. That might NOT ever see the eyes of a CM much less a DEVELOPER.

Now if you are finished being a white knight can we get back to the gathering of outfits that would look great as costumes in game?
Also you are reported for verbal I have 0 tolerance for people who's first thing to do on a thread is insult the others ideas.

Posted

Tons of these bloody sugestions on whole forum ... Only q_q-ers like you . 

Posted

Make these armor sets craftable in-game, and sell the armor->costume token things in the cash shop.   win/win

Not really because then we're still stuck in the same scenario of not having enough in-game outfit variance, outfits that can only be used within a very strict set of rules is not very different from no outfits at all. Look at the current pool of crafting armor we have, they have some variance but players still don't consider them a pass for the lack of in-game options since you can't really use them except for one or two things. 

What a bunch of idiots ... You guys want so much content in game but you do not realise that they are working on upcoming content ... Stop being assholes , give them a year and then complain , or at least wait till august then post this thread

Why? What has waiting ever done in regards to getting something done? Taking several months to make a request for something we'd like all the sooner isn't going to make it happen, it's just going to delay the matter and maybe even give the impression it doesn't matter all too much for us and that they shouldn't bother. Taking the initiative to let Daum/PA know what we want from the get go isn't being rude or assanine, it's practical and benefits both sides, Daum knows what the players want/how to please us, and it increases the odds of us getting what we want. If you are saying we are being impatient and that they may already be working on it then that is on Daum for not keeping us in the loop on the matter, you can't expect us to respond to information we don't have. The only person being an ass here is you, throwing insults and putting down people for doing what is a perfectly harmless and fairly civil request. 

Posted

Not really because then we're still stuck in the same scenario of not having enough in-game outfit variance, outfits that can only be used within a very strict set of rules is not very different from no outfits at all. Look at the current pool of crafting armor we have, they have some variance but players still don't consider them a pass for the lack of in-game options since you can't really use them except for one or two things. 

if they're craftable as individual pieces (hear, chest, boot, hand) it would work - you could mix/match what you put in the various costume slots, regardless of what actual armor you had on underneath. you do realize there are separate and distinct "game-mechanics armor" and "visual costume" slots, right?  you'd still be able to wear 2x Hebe and 2x Grunill, along with whatever cobbled-together NPC outfit you'd like.

Posted

if they're craftable as individual pieces (hear, chest, boot, hand) it would work - you could mix/match what you put in the various costume slots, regardless of what actual armor you had on underneath. you do realize there are separate and distinct "game-mechanics armor" and "visual costume" slots, right?  you'd still be able to wear 2x Hebe and 2x Grunill, along with whatever cobbled-together NPC outfit you'd like.

but weren't you suggesting that the ability to wear them in the costume slots would require a cash shop item?

Posted

2016-03-09_396799209.thumb.JPG.ff7433238

I want this for my kunoichi sooo badly. x.x I need it!

1 person likes this

Posted

I want this for my kunoichi sooo badly. x.x I need it!

Yup makes the whole assassins creed vibe, doesn't it?

Posted

Yup makes the whole assassins creed vibe, doesn't it?

I know I love assassin's creed <3

Posted (edited)

but weren't you suggesting that the ability to wear them in the costume slots would require a cash shop item?

Yes, I was..  That way Daum/PA gets their "taste", too.  Something reasonable, not $20 or $30 per outfit.

They aren't going to do it for free, you know.

Edited by Malthrax

Posted

Yes, I was..  That way Daum/PA gets their "taste", too.  Something reasonable, not $20 or $30 per outfit.

They aren't going to do it for free, you know.

But then it's redundant, as I pointed out, the big issue with outfit options in the game currently is the sheer lack of in-game options, offering up more cash shop reliant outfits isn't going to remedy that. I also wouldn't say this is exactly being done for free, the good publicity such a stunt pulls, alongside the players it'll attract (as so many have clearly been put off by what is an extremely limited outfit system) yields its own monetary benefits, more so for a b2p title since they are making an income the instant they join no matter what follows. Just because something doesn't have a direct cash transaction tied to it does not mean it is not profitable. 

Posted (edited)

But then it's redundant, as I pointed out, the big issue with outfit options in the game currently is the sheer lack of in-game options, offering up more cash shop reliant outfits isn't going to remedy that. I also wouldn't say this is exactly being done for free, the good publicity such a stunt pulls, alongside the players it'll attract (as so many have clearly been put off by what is an extremely limited outfit system) yields its own monetary benefits, more so for a b2p title since they are making an income the instant they join no matter what follows. Just because something doesn't have a direct cash transaction tied to it does not mean it is not profitable. 

Your proposal would yield ZERO benefit to Daum in regards to those who have already made the one-time-purchase of the game, and then has Daum betting that the expense they'd incur in doing this would net sufficient new purchasers as to offset their costs.

I guess I just can't discuss this with someone who thinks OTHER PEOPLE's time and effort are not worth compensation.

Edited by Malthrax

Posted

Please dont derail the thread.  The point isnt how they implement it cash shop or free, the point is that they add.  If you want to argue do it some where else. This thread is about adding armors on npcs you see that would be great as player costumes.

Posted

The game is 2 years old. It launched in 2014 in Korea, in 2015 in Japan and Russia.

Did you think it was made just for us or something? xD For an MMO, this one isn't really brand new anymore. And none of the 3 version I listed above her NPC armors as craftable or achievable in any other way clothing. They're stuck with +1 armor model. They literally have 1 more free armor model than we do. And we actually have it in our version, just not obtainable yet- it's called Annapurna and you can preview it in Character Creator on most, if not on all characters. Here's what it looks like on Ranger:

2016-03-03_620610461_zpshuldgdig.png

Tons of these bloody sugestions on whole forum ... Only q_q-ers like you . 

This is a Suggestions section of the forum.

I don't know what else you expected coming here.

Back on topic: 

Found this guy in Google, not clue who he is but his armor is sweet~

271-e1418950676908.jpg

Posted

Please dont derail the thread.  The point isnt how they implement it cash shop or free, the point is that they add.  If you want to argue do it some where else. This thread is about adding armors on npcs you see that would be great as player costumes.

my apologies, just couldn't help correcting faulty logic, i'll take the discussion elsewhere to keep this thread on topic as you've requested. 

on the plus side, pretty awesome news to know daum is actually working on making this a thing, albeit us not having too much information on it. got me all scrambling through the game checking out npcs in anticipation of which we may be getting.

1 person likes this

Posted

my apologies, just couldn't help correcting faulty logic, i'll take the discussion elsewhere to keep this thread on topic as you've requested. 

on the plus side, pretty awesome news to know daum is actually working on making this a thing, albeit us not having too much information on it. got me all scrambling through the game checking out npcs in anticipation of which we may be getting.

oh what they're adding npc costumes and it has been confirmed? Can u give me some info to verify this?

Posted

oh what they're adding npc costumes and it has been confirmed? Can u give me some info to verify this?

appears so, in a recent interview with mmorpg they stated that they were going to work on introducing more npc outfits to the players via crafting as a start towards reducing the whole issue of not many in-game outfit options atm. 

here's the link (the second to last question is about outfits) : 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/944/feature/10774/page/1

Posted

appears so, in a recent interview with mmorpg they stated that they were going to work on introducing more npc outfits to the players via crafting as a start towards reducing the whole issue of not many in-game outfit options atm. 

oh thanks dude! I've loved some of the Valkyrie robes and elf armour design and I'd kill to just have it on my sorceress 

Posted

oh thanks dude! I've loved some of the Valkyrie robes and elf armour design and I'd kill to just have it on my sorceress 

no problemo, and seconded on the robes and elf armors, there are just so many good looking outfits in this game that just go to waste by not being wearable by anyone but the npcs. it's exciting to think we might actually be getting a chance at them in the future. 

Posted

This one would be cool for people who want to look like a trader/adventurers.
2016-04-27_972631859.thumb.JPG.a41ea578a

1 person likes this

Posted

I believe they've said that they will be adding a bunch of NPC armor as craftable costumes down the line, so my guess is stuff like this might show up eventually :)

Posted

I believe they've said that they will be adding a bunch of NPC armor as craftable costumes down the line, so my guess is stuff like this might show up eventually :)

Yeah and think they will add a cupon that lets you turn any armor or weapon turn into a costume.   But still its a nice way to show them what kind of things people would want added.

Posted

Any other official word on this?

Posted

This thread is great! Please let the admins see this!

@CM_Jouska

Posted

Thank christ. That feature really can't come soon enough, though. HOPEFULLY you can mix match pieces.