• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A plea to Daum against loops.

148 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Take a moment and consider why players want looping enabled. Do people really specifically want this feature enabled, or do they just want instant gratification for no effort? At the core, players who want autolooping want one of 3 things:
A - the completionist: There's a level that isn't at cap yet, therefore i want it capped.
B - the min/maxer: There's extra stats, so I need them.
C - the jealous: that guy can sprint longer than me, why can't I do that? (the catch-up argument is rooted here)

Stamina and Weight training are meant to be slow leveled rewards for you actively playing the game and taking the hard route. you can either autopath to your destination, or you can manually play and sprint  to gain stamina. you can load your trade items into a dirt-cheap cart or donkey, or you can don it yourself and take a slower pace and actually be present to deal with things like bandits or cannonfire knocking you over, etc. You put in effort, you get a reward.

Adding the loop mechanic removes the entire purpose of these training skills. they'll just loop overnight for 3 nights and be 60/60 for their free 500 stamina and 40LT. It removes an entire mechanic form the game. Adding looping is akin to removing 2 stats and making them a part of the task system "Idle Run for 12 Hours and Earn More Stamina", and the players that want looping would be fine with making it a task system reward too. They don't care about the mechanic. They don't have any pride in rewards earned from effort. As long as that stamina and weight capacity is there, they just want it any way you'll give it to them, and they'll keep asking for easier and easier ways to get it. There's people out there that want a free-pass coupon  or training exp boost scroll added to the cash shop I'm sure. Any and every way to gut this mechanic, they'll ask for it, becuase they all just want a shortcut - a prize for doing nothing or doing less.

I understand the mechanic has to come eventually as it is part of the game in other versions, but I beg of you please delay it further. How long did it take after release in Korea before it was added there? I'm not saying it absolutely must be the same in our version. there's 3 sides to it. the same time after release so as not to upset players who slowly leveled their training over a few months, the same patch status as when Korea got it, and "you could add it now just do it". There's a lot of stuff you could add right now, but you don't because it prlongs the life of your game. There's costumes that were in beta that aren't implemented yet that I want, but I'll wait. If everything comes out at once, you lose money from people not buying placeholder costumes to wait for the ones they like more to come out. If you release a mechanic that negates the existance of 2 slow-leveling skills, you lose peoples interest a little faster as they have 2 less things to do in this game. If it were up to me, being as lenient as i can force myself to be, I'd say I'm fine with anytime between the proper patch and the original wait after release Korean players had. Just please don't rush it caving to the angry hoard. I saw the poll, I know its 5 to 1 in favor of adding it, just please don't completely disregard the minority opinion.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read all of this. Doublethanks to those who sympathize.

Edited by Disregard
rewording
33 people like this

Posted

The problem we have is that you can already afk level breath and strength with a controller or numpad. Only horses can not be afk leveled yet.

15 people like this

Posted

Ehm? Levelling horses takes 30+hours of active running. Who cares about 40lt and a stamina buff i got in 1 week just running around.

6 people like this

Posted

Disregard.

Posted (edited)

Your name is ironic, because that's exactly what we should do regarding this thread. 

This is a well thought post pertaining to the current polling. Respectful and complete. Your reply only shows your ignorance, and is what will be disregarded.

Edited by Concubine
11 people like this

Posted

It's already possible to AFK level your horse if you have novice macro knowledge and a little creativity.

Adding autolooping just gives all players the ability to do what some are already doing.

3 people like this

Posted

Want some popcorn?

Posted

Daum... please Disregard.

Training sucks so bad right now without Auto Loop.  Its awful.  I spent all day yesterday running and doing trade pack sJUST to level horses.  Who wants to do that for 10 hours straight?  Its stupid NOT to have it.

1 person likes this

Posted

The auto-loop function was already described as a "catch up" feature for KBD. I agree that we should wait to implement it, since...there's nothing to catch up to. Most of what I've read from people that want the feature are just frustrated with the time it takes to level horses. Just because something is difficult to do doesn't mean it needs an easy way out.

2 people like this

Posted

It's almost 90% in favor of looping. Just get on board. Choo choo

Posted

No, it was developed to put people in even grounds with macro users...

3 people like this

Posted

I want it...  because it's available in other versions of the game.  Other versions that people didn't have to make an initial purchase for.  

So yeah, I feel like we as a market deserve it as well.

2 people like this

Posted

Stupid

Posted

Life hack already made this possible, but with it being an official feature, it would be on even ground.

Life hack as in, using a console controller and having the view analog moved with a rubber band.

Posted

The auto-loop function was already described as a "catch up" feature for KBD. I agree that we should wait to implement it, since...there's nothing to catch up to. Most of what I've read from people that want the feature are just frustrated with the time it takes to level horses. Just because something is difficult to do doesn't mean it needs an easy way out.

This is how I feel about this issue. I expect auto looping to come. Didn't think we'd need to catch up at the end of the first month. 

Honestly I'd rather they just drop the exp rates on the things autopathing would help. As it is right now it's just another incentive to keep you logged in. 

Posted

uhm u do realise we are allowed to use a controller to just run around in circles with trade packs for lvling strenght?

sooo.. adding in afk loop does nothing about the whole "feeling accomplished" in regards of training. i think most people want the afk loop thing for horses, which i can understand. i wouldnt be against it being added maybe 1 month from now or so.

Posted

"oh well we need autolooping because leveling our horses is so tedious"

oh well maybe fix the bull**** game design where running around in circles is a worthwhile and productive activity so we do not have to leave our computers on 24/7?

12 people like this

Posted (edited)

deleted

Edited by Chigikogou

Posted

I am sorry. You  have fishermen who make a ton of silver being afk. Why now can't the horse breeders have the same chance? I work full time, and even though I have gotten up to T5 (working on leveling 4 T5's as I type this), it would make my life and making silver selling these horses so much easier if I had the same chance as the fishermen.

3 people like this

Posted

ill vote no this games got to much afking as is

Posted (edited)

Just like hotspots looking stupid because of half assed collision and AFK fishing, breeders/trainers now can have the same opportunity to ruin my EYEmersion with hundreds of AFK horses running loops around Heidel for hours.

Do I think it looks pretty, no. Have I seen it overseas to know what it looks like, yes. Is it poo(visually) IMO, yes. Is it fair, prolly. So while I don't like it, it's not unfair systematically. 

Take screenshots now before the horde of hundreds of looping, clipping, overlapping horses spam through a safezone near you. There is nothing we can do to stop it. Sadly, this is one case where "Don't worry, it won't take long" doesn't apply.

Edited by Luciferia
3 people like this

Posted

Uh no, disregard this thread please. We need auto-looping already.

Posted

Hi guys I explain why autopath was added in korea.

First there was an individual in korea making tons of wealth by breeding horses.  How? It was a well known fact that player macro'd loop his horses to level them.  People reported him countless times and made many complaints however daum did not ban him.

Instead they created the auto loop system to equalize the damage from players using macros and made everyone happy.  

My guess the players voting no are the ones macroing right now their way to T6 and don't want the competition.

3 people like this

Posted

I´m more interested in the horse pathing though. If there only was another method to level your horse... by mounted combat or training the horse´s skills... but no, it doesn´t give any exp so all we´re left with is walking across the map again and again. The only challenge here is not to fall asleep while doing this... and watching everybody else progressing while you end up exchanging the horse you trained so hard for an rng based outcome.... I gladly take every improvement they offer in regards to horse training and if all they can give us is autolooping, well then fine. I´ll still need to craft a noble wagon every 5 days when its duration hits zero...

2 people like this

Posted

It's already possible to AFK level your horse if you have novice macro knowledge and a little creativity.

Adding autolooping just gives all players the ability to do what some are already doing.

Macro is prohibited by the ToS and players that macro risk to get auto-banned by the antihack software. So yes, strong example... not.

No, it was developed to put people in even grounds with macro users...

Even grounds = people that use macro get banned, which alreayd happens.