• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A plea to Daum against loops.

148 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You do realize you can loop auto pathing before they reput this auto pathing into the game?

Nothing changed. Same things. Rather its here or not you can auto path the game using num pad.

You're really slow, OPer.

Edited by Hezrou

Posted

Too long to read. Who cares. I voted yes to wanting loopings

1 person likes this

Posted

Well stamina is leveled through playing the game, but strength is not. No one plays the game in a way that lets them get strength training while doing something else. If you bring tradepacks you do it with wagons and mounts. Horse xp is just a badly balanced system and it would probably been better to balance that rather than introduce autoloops. Point being it feels like the game atm is balanced around autoloop rather than not.

Posted

No one (sane at least) wants to spend endless hours walking/running/riding around in circles to level up strength, breathing and horse levels.  All of them are designed to be done while afk because of how tedious and incredibly boring they are to do manually.  You can't seriously tell me you want to sit at your computer logged in to BDO while doing nothing but walking/running/riding back and forth while doing nothing else.  Please, the auto-pathing can't come soon enough.

Posted

eh, this post changes nothing. Str and breath can be already afk leveled but looping just makes it easier.

Posted

This feature is available on the KR servers and is doing quite well. People don't mind it. I think some get upset with it because they don't like change being brought to the game or feel others may out-beat them in the game - who knows.

I don't mind it and would like it brought. But that's me :/

Posted (edited)

200w? yeah maybe if your still using a P4, anyone with a half decent gaming rig is using at least 3x as much under high load. It's not all about a monthly power cost, it's about not being wasteful, and not taking a year off the life of your cpu/gpu which is a far more serious issue if you have limited savings/income. I am not against making horse leveling better but if you are going to put in AFK leveling why not just make it offline leveling or better yet overhaul the entire system into something more interactive and perhaps more meaningful?

sorry but u have it all wrong lol, if you are in windowd mode minimize the game and bdo doesn't draw much power heck its not even full load, if i minimize the game my gpu temps go from 80c to 50 and cpu temps go from 55 to 30 so. Powerconsumption is not an issiue at all

Edited by doestilvoort

Posted

Let me ask you a legit question.

If these features are free for everyone and if it removes botting and if it increases server activity, why do you actually oppose auto pathing feature which 85% of the forum community favors?

We had to burn the village to save it

Posted

I would be nice if this feature wasn't practically essential to training higher tier horses, but it is with the way the game's currently designed. Like I posted in the other thread regarding the subject, horse training is already done AFK anyway with auto-pathing. This would just open it up to people who work away from their PC and can't click a mouse button once every half hour.

There's nothing "challenging" about horse training. The only people that I can imagine voting against this are those that either haven't tried breeding horses past t2, and those that are already AFK leveling their horses in the background while they work / watch the kids/ do whatever, and they don't want other people to be able to do the same.

Posted

You can just go vote,plus is not like they said when there doing it, they just want to know if most ppl want it. It could be this Wednesday or in a month from now,

Posted (edited)

honestly i don't care but what i wonder is why do they even bother us giving things to level if we set them to do AFK why don't do like EVE 

i find silly they give us stuff to level and then a way to cheat the level out of the game then just give us an option to go lvl 10 over time so we don't have to keep pc on

if u have a horse and you use it at least once a day he automatically lvl K(constant) for that day

i think the idea of leveling and then the cheat to level off line make no sense i am strongly against any type of leveling based on gameplay time i prefer much more Eve system a constant upgrade/time in which u strategically choose what come first and it doesn't matter how much you play or are on line

Edited by NgocTu

Posted (edited)

So you'd rather they cater to your own personal preference rather than what the rest of the community has voted in majority for?

Disregarded.

Edited by Lavy

Posted

I'm against auto path looping. The only winner of this feature are the energy providers. Why should anyone be rewarded for being AFK? Whats the reason? Why should I leave my PC on the whole day when I'm not at home? Thats stupid...

Either remove all life skills, or remove all AFK options, including AFK fishing.

Posted (edited)

Why i want auto looping:

1. Leveling horses takes far too long.

2. Leveling horses is extremely freaking boring.

3. Every other version has it, why not give it to us?

4. If you don't want it, no one is forcing you to use it. If you don't like it, don't use it. But i will never level my strength without it.

5. I need something to do while I'm sleeping, other than fishing, to keep me productively online while accumulating total play-time for rewards.

6. I have a life. I have things to do outside of BDO.

7. If you can AFK fish without complaining, then why can't i be allowed to AFK level horses? I mean, AFK fishing gives fishing exp, a s*** ton of silver, and a large amount of Trade EXP when you sell those fish, but you're not complaining about that, are you? Compared to what; A few level gains on a horse, or maybe some strength bar exp. In return, you gain a hell lot more progress with AFK fishing than auto looping. So why not protest to remove AFK fishing if you have something massively against AFK systems?

You need to start realizing, that this 'auto loop' system is NOT to encourage AFK play instead of normal play. It is to encourage LONGER and CONTINUOUS play. We have 'Timed' rewards, energy regen, and various other things that require you to be logged in, in order to progress. Why not continue to gain progress while you have nothing else to do, instead of sitting like a thumb in the middle of a town?

Please, if you do not like auto loop feature, then simply DO NOT USE IT. But please do not be the reason for us not having the feature which most players desire. It is not a game breaking system, its just a little ease of life to help players out with tedious tasks.

Edit:

Just a little note, that auto looping for horse leveling is A LOT slower than manually running your horses. The EXP your horse gains is not calculated by how long your horse is running for. It is calculated with how much distance you pass per second. The faster your horse, the more distance you can cover, means more exp. So yes, manually running your horses (presuming you use W+shift) is far better EXP gain than AFK travel. So please don't feel as if your progress will be in competition with those who would auto-loop, because AFK loopers would never catch up.

Edited by Casper
1 person likes this

Posted

So you know more than the devs?... They directly said in an live interview that the auto-loop function was described as a "catch up" feature for KBD.

First of all, mentioning about these things publicly is bad PR. But it's the most logical thing. Just Check CM_Jouska's reply to a Numpad AFK leveling topic before he made the pool. They are aware that a lot people are doing it which causes Daum to get hundreds of macro'ing/botting reports a day. This will reduce their workload greatly. It will also put people on the same grounds with "real" macro users for leveling horses. Auto-pathing is already semi-afk why not make it automated already. You can already catch T5 horses in wild in KR so catching up is not so difficult. However, leveling horses for skills is a nightmare on higher tiers. I think Daum is also planning introducing higher tiers soon too.

Posted (edited)

You are basically saying "no" to a feature of this game.

Should we be removing the auto-fishing as well?

Should we be removing the auto-path as well?

I say lets remove map pointers and even the map! We should just have a compass and start learning the terrain to navigate :D

Edited by Xandour

Posted (edited)

Finally, it's just a matter of time before these same players should "AFK leveling my horse isn't fun, I shoulnd't have to do that" and then we wind up in the bad place most MMOs go.

Players only think they know what they want, but they don't know what'a actually good for them.

And since when the ----- is horse leveling fun? Same for strenght leveling... You have few hours of gameplay and you are forced to just run in circles, instead of actually playing, to try out features, that other people can use bcs they have controller and few rubber bands...

And macros bein banned... Yeah ofc... Maybe few of them actually got... :D

Also for people complaining about horses running around... Bcs mass horse parking, till people alt tab back and give another movement order, at 2 nodes looks marvelous...

Players that think they know what is good for the game and playerbase, actually are hurting this game the most... Tryin to look smart, without knowing shit about how game is currently exploited... Seriously... These smartasses with too much free time aint even funny anymore...

edit: If you have problems with that feature just dont use it and STFU... You can level hrose by actively walloping faster than people using AFK feature... Same as fishing, or manual gathering instead of workers...

Edited by RoakOriginal

Posted

And since when the ----- is horse leveling fun? Same for strenght leveling... You have few hours of gameplay and you are forced to just run in circles, instead of actually playing, to try out features, that other people can use bcs they have controller and few rubber bands...

And macros bein banned... Yeah ofc... Maybe few of them actually got... :D

Also for people complaining about horses running around... Bcs mass horse parking, till people alt tab back and give another movement order, at 2 nodes looks marvelous...

Players that think they know what is good for the game and playerbase, actually are hurting this game the most... Tryin to look smart, without knowing shit about how game is currently exploited... Seriously... These smartasses with too much free time aint even funny anymore...

edit: If you have problems with that feature just dont use it and STFU... You can level hrose by actively walloping faster than people using AFK feature... Same as fishing, or manual gathering instead of workers...

The problem with players like you is you just care about the rewards and not playing the game. Leveling isn't this thing that is in the way of playing the game. It IS playing the game. It's time to change your perspective and stop trying to ruin the game for everyone else. Put it some effort for a change instead of crying on forums to make things easier.

Posted

The problem with players like you is you just care about the rewards and not playing the game. Leveling isn't this thing that is in the way of playing the game. It IS playing the game. It's time to change your perspective and stop trying to ruin the game for everyone else. Put it some effort for a change instead of crying on forums to make things easier.

Well leveling your horses is not exactly playing the game...

Watching anime/series and setting a reminder every 25 mins to put an autopath back...

I would prefer if I could do this while sleeping and waste my time actually playing the game...

Posted

Auto loop heaven for lazy people!

Posted (edited)

Well leveling your horses is not exactly playing the game...

Watching anime/series and setting a reminder every 25 mins to put an autopath back...

I would prefer if I could do this while sleeping and waste my time actually playing the game...

Yes, actually leveling a horse IS playing the game. Farming IS playing the game. Fighting mobs IS playing the game. The point is you must CHOOSE which to do - which means you choose which things your character does better than other characters.

Granting another free thing you can be good at while you sleep at night is not good for the game.

Edited by Lethality

Posted (edited)

Yes, actually leveling a horse IS playing the game. Farming IS playing the game. Fighting mobs IS playing the game. The point is you must CHOOSE which to do - which means you choose which things your character does better than other characters.

Granting another free thing you can be good at while you sleep at night is not good for the game.

This is YOUR opinion.

The auto-loop is one of the game's FEATURES exactly like afk-fishing and auto-path.

Get over it, get used to it.... period....

When they enable it, you can just ignore it and NOT use it.

Edited by Xandour

Posted (edited)

I would agree IF we couldn't already level all life skills but gathering (farming too maybe, I didn't try it) afk/semi-afk OR if they started to add actives way to level these skills (I think beside fishing no other have an alternative way to level up) which would make them entertaining to do.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

Hi guys I explain why autopath was added in korea.

First there was an individual in korea making tons of wealth by breeding horses.  How? It was a well known fact that player macro'd loop his horses to level them.  People reported him countless times and made many complaints however daum did not ban him.

Instead they created the auto loop system to equalize the damage from players using macros and made everyone happy.  

My guess the players voting no are the ones macroing right now their way to T6 and don't want the competition.

This makes no sense. I'm sure there's combat bots too, will we get auto-combat too now? Macroing's not allowed. All it requires is acting on that, not to automate the game for the rest of the people to be on 'equal footing'

Posted

It's already possible to AFK level your horse if you have novice macro knowledge and a little creativity.

Adding autolooping just gives all players the ability to do what some are already doing.

I dont agree and its actually not. Not anyone can make makros. 

I fully agree with the op. I also wrote in the petition for the auto loop yesterday that we should not simply vote for yes without knowing what the impact will be to this game. 

Taking out complexity off this game is the first step into the wrong direction. I made this experience already 15 years ago with pre-cu star wars galaxies. 

Keep this game hard and challenging.