• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A plea to Daum against loops.

148 posts in this topic

Posted

I dont agree and its actually not. Not anyone can make makros. 

I fully agree with the op. I also wrote in the petition for the auto loop yesterday that we should not simply vote for yes without knowing what the impact will be to this game. 

Taking out complexity off this game is the first step into the wrong direction. I made this experience already 15 years ago with pre-cu star wars galaxies. 

Keep this game hard and challenging. 

I don't feel like typing out what Kodiak has already said so well:

Lets be 100000% clear.  AFK leveling already exists in game.

When I level my horses, I'm clicking out my Wagon from Trent.  I'm right clicking on Abun.  I'm setting an egg timer for 25 minutes.  And I'm walking the ----- away from my PC.  When that timer goes off, I'm right clicking on Trent, resetting the timer, and walking away again.  I'm already AFK leveling my horses.  I could do this in shorter loops/distances with Breath.  The ONLY thing this changes is me having to come back every 25 minutes and right click and press "T" again.

Functionally, your battle is already lost.  This already exists in game.  The only thing you are doing is keeping an annoyance in the game of me having to come back every 25 minutes.  I'm not going to require more time to level mounts.  I'm not going to have to spend more time at the computer if they don't enable this feature.  There are many advantages and positive effects this will have on the game, and the only thing not having in the game does is continue to annoy people into coming back every 25 minutes.

Lets also be clear this is not what one could call "rewarding" game play, either.  It's literally running back and forth or around in circles.  I'm not "missing out" by skipping it.  I'm not going to regret watching my character automatically run from point A to point B for the 200th time to level a horse up.  Not sure at all why people have an issue with this at all other than some irrational fear of what the game will turn into (despite never turning into it in KR where this feature was long since enabled).

Posted

The solution is for the people that want it, they can use it. For the ones that want another major grind in this game, feel free to not use it.

Posted

They already did  a survey....why do this thread?

I'll make an opposing thread elaborating on how this is a good thing with valid reasoning just to bring things back in a neutral perspective.

:D

Posted

I'm sitting here at my computer, alt-tabbed because I have to level a damn horse to 20 before I can breed it for the best chance of a female, which I won't get because I have shit luck. The longest path I've found is Epheria to Altinova but I have to be at my computer, baby-sitting my horse pathing, when I could be out of my house, or taking a nap, or tickling the pickle. But no. I have to be here to baby-sit.

You must not level horses if you're complaining about something that doesn't affect you at all.

Are you really telling me you're mad that you have to play the game instead of the game playing itself while you fap?  Why is this a realistic expectation? Why do you think you deserve something from nothing?

Posted

The problem with players like you is you just care about the rewards and not playing the game. Leveling isn't this thing that is in the way of playing the game. It IS playing the game. It's time to change your perspective and stop trying to ruin the game for everyone else. Put it some effort for a change instead of crying on forums to make things easier.

Thats why i am pre-order player, with level 40 who was till not long ago in top 40 of most of professions... :D Yeah aiming for that level cap hardcore... :D Minigames or some actual progression indeed is playing a game.. Running mindlesly in circle with baggage on your shoulders isnt... And even with autoloop, it isnt instawin feature... You are sacrificing fishing gold or horse exp (which is another point for autoloop, since exping horses is so unrewarding, that market is practically dead... swarmed just by T1/T2 trash) to level up your stamina/str... This game is balanced around several  AFK " activities" ... No reason for horse trainers or people with extremely limited amount of time (or just some extremely nice ones who dont want to cheat), to be deprived of some fo them, while others ar eusing work-arounds...

The ones crying here are people like you, who are against the autolooping... Its common feature of the game, used to skill up your character and remove advantage of scripters and other exploiters... Just you people are so dumb, most of you dont even want to realize it... Luckily lazyness of masses is currently helping the right side, as we can see in the poll...

You not happy about it? Dont use it... You can spend 50 hours wlaking in a cicrle with your backpack to level up STR and then you can boast about it to your friends, if you have any... No problem...  But QQing on the forum, while you are stupid minority with no insight and experience with the game... Not cool...

Posted

Nobody needs to catch up to anything at the moment.  Let us grind and struggle.

I simply hate you for saying that.. even though its true.. ;)

Posted

My t6 horse took me a straight week of 24/7 auto loop run to level to 30 on KR.  Yes, please give us auto looping.

Posted

Take a moment and consider why players want looping enabled. Do people really specifically want this feature enabled, or do they just want instant gratification for no effort? At the core, players who want autolooping want one of 3 things:
A - the completionist: There's a level that isn't at cap yet, therefore i want it capped.
B - the min/maxer: There's extra stats, so I need them.
C - the jealous: that guy can sprint longer than me, why can't I do that? (the catch-up argument is rooted here)

Stamina and Weight training are meant to be slow leveled rewards for you actively playing the game and taking the hard route. you can either autopath to your destination, or you can manually play and sprint  to gain stamina. you can load your trade items into a dirt-cheap cart or donkey, or you can don it yourself and take a slower pace and actually be present to deal with things like bandits or cannonfire knocking you over, etc. You put in effort, you get a reward.

Adding the loop mechanic removes the entire purpose of these training skills. they'll just loop overnight for 3 nights and be 60/60 for their free 500 stamina and 40LT. It removes an entire mechanic form the game. Adding looping is akin to removing 2 stats and making them a part of the task system "Idle Run for 12 Hours and Earn More Stamina", and the players that want looping would be fine with making it a task system reward too. They don't care about the mechanic. They don't have any pride in rewards earned from effort. As long as that stamina and weight capacity is there, they just want it any way you'll give it to them, and they'll keep asking for easier and easier ways to get it. There's people out there that want a free-pass coupon  or training exp boost scroll added to the cash shop I'm sure. Any and every way to gut this mechanic, they'll ask for it, becuase they all just want a shortcut - a prize for doing nothing or doing less.

I understand the mechanic has to come eventually as it is part of the game in other versions, but I beg of you please delay it further. How long did it take after release in Korea before it was added there? I'm not saying it absolutely must be the same in our version. there's 3 sides to it. the same time after release so as not to upset players who slowly leveled their training over a few months, the same patch status as when Korea got it, and "you could add it now just do it". There's a lot of stuff you could add right now, but you don't because it prlongs the life of your game. There's costumes that were in beta that aren't implemented yet that I want, but I'll wait. If everything comes out at once, you lose money from people not buying placeholder costumes to wait for the ones they like more to come out. If you release a mechanic that negates the existance of 2 slow-leveling skills, you lose peoples interest a little faster as they have 2 less things to do in this game. If it were up to me, being as lenient as i can force myself to be, I'd say I'm fine with anytime between the proper patch and the original wait after release Korean players had. Just please don't rush it caving to the angry hoard. I saw the poll, I know its 5 to 1 in favor of adding it, just please don't completely disregard the minority opinion.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read all of this. Doublethanks to those who sympathize.

Great post. Remove those stats or keep them, don't add half assed "features" like auto-looping.

Posted

This is a silly thread.

If you don't like the feature, don't use it.  

Your issue seems to be that you don't want other people to use it.

Play your game the way you want and let other people do the same. 

Posted

Are you really telling me you're mad that you have to play the game instead of the game playing itself while you fap?  Why is this a realistic expectation? Why do you think you deserve something from nothing?

e37.png

Posted

FIshers have afk fishing, i say let trainers have afk horse leveling too.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

When horse levelling is more than this:

Untitled.png

then sure I'll do without auto loop. But until then it's SUCH a benefit to breeders that it's the only way to keep the lot of us sane :c

Edited by Kurve

Posted

With this thinking why even play?  Ppl should start at max lv with the best gear because too hard to workfor it.  This way of thinking will ruin the game, it wil be filled with afkers rather than ppl actually playing.  Why grind, why level up, why actually play an open world rpg when it can play itself.  Even though training these stats is tedious because the devs clearly didn't put any effort into str training and horse training, this is not the way to go.

How is watching your character run around in circles a work? I really think some of you people never worked a day in your life.

Posted

All these people saying autoloop is an instant gratification must not have actually tried any of these things or are already automating it themselves and don't want competition. 
this is ridiculous.

It still takes a week of 24/7 running to max out ONE horse.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

KR/RU already have this right? I don't see how this is even an issue. They created a mechanism that allows you to not only automate one of the most tedious parts of the game, but also makes the game feel more alive by getting all these AFK characters to move around the world. Roads will be populated, people will be moving around... aesthetically, its going to look good.

I get it: there are some folks out there who get gratification from even the most tedious things in games, and I really do think that is wonderful. But for a lot of folks, that is just not the case. KR has the right idea by putting this in, and I look forward to the day we get it, as well. :)

Edited by Tolmos

Posted

Thanks for pointing that out, do you feel better now?

Much better. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to get back to disregarding you. :^))))

Posted

Not press forward arrow on keyboard for hours and hours doing nothing (who thought of this horrid mechanic of leveling stats in such way anyway).

All korean mmo are like that it must be the pure definition of fun over there

Posted

Another drop in the ocean here but if implemented early I will use it. I've been training horses for a few days and hopefully will be getting a t6 from my last breeding but I would like to not have to keep going into the map to get my horse running again. Of course I'll have to come back and keep feeding it carrots so at some point you'll have to stop and buy new ones. It would be great if you could train horses by training skills or doing obstacle courses or using them in battle, and since you can't the horse training system is pretty shallow and monotonous. Will I complain if they wait to implement it? Nah. I have to break up training every so often anyway to make sure I use up all my energy cooking (can't stand having full energy and not use it). I'm strength training right now and doing it afk does make you vulnerable to the game crashing leaving you sitting vulnerable in the middle of the road. While I'm not worried about losing exp, some people will still try to avoid death. I won't use autopath loop to train breath since I'll probably either be busy training horses or will be having fun exploring the world manually. I DEFINITELY enjoy the journey more than the end goal of leveling anything --- that is, when that journey is FUN. Training horses is so boring I end up reading and posting on these forums more than I would if training horses were more engaging. While I could take my horse to explore the countryside, I am discouraged to do so especially while training higher tier horses for breeding as I want to avoid getting my horse killed (even worse if the game crashes in the middle of mobs). If the horse could actually jump over short or prone mobs maybe I'd take it out for an adventure. So the only horse that's going with me in combat is going to be my final max tier horse. Yeah, sure, 1 death isn't going to murder your horse's rating (most of the time), but it's something I'd rather avoid. I figure since it's going to be implemented at some point, why shouldn't those of us who have been playing this game since launch or earlier have the same chance to use the feature that new people would have in a few months. 

And I'm one of those people who can afford to spend all day doing activities so you'll pretty much never see me afk doing anything, mostly chatting in guild while I autorun my horse. I don't even afk fish as I find that it just isn't worth it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Leveling 4 Tier 2 Horses to Level 21 so I can get them to breed is only half of the components required to level up.  It is going to take me roughly 20 hours just to get them up to that level.  This 40 hour investment doesn't even give me a chance for top tier horses.  This gives me a good chance for Tier 5 females which I can use to advance, but thats all.  And Horse Breeding isn't particularly lucrative the entire time you're doing it.  In fact its mostly a cost to my bank account.  If its just going to be that difficult, why can't I have a little bit of an easy way of playing?  Im not even paying attention when I run horses back and forth anyways.  I'm not  actively playing.  Why SHOULDN'T it be automated?  Why would DAUM require that players be doing literally nothing with their time instead of actually playing the game when they are at the computer?  Leveling Horses is awful.  Leveling Strength Training is awful.  It's not interactive at all.  Stamina Training isnt so bad because you level it up as you run around and do other things.  

I agree the current system is stupid and tedious, I just don't think looping is a good solution.  They should make it encouraging and fun.

Posted

Imagine if they offered an AFK mob grinding option...

Posted

Take a moment and consider why players want looping enabled. Do people really specifically want this feature enabled, or do they just want instant gratification for no effort? At the core, players who want autolooping want one of 3 things:
A - the completionist: There's a level that isn't at cap yet, therefore i want it capped.
B - the min/maxer: There's extra stats, so I need them.
C - the jealous: that guy can sprint longer than me, why can't I do that? (the catch-up argument is rooted here)

Stamina and Weight training are meant to be slow leveled rewards for you actively playing the game and taking the hard route. you can either autopath to your destination, or you can manually play and sprint  to gain stamina. you can load your trade items into a dirt-cheap cart or donkey, or you can don it yourself and take a slower pace and actually be present to deal with things like bandits or cannonfire knocking you over, etc. You put in effort, you get a reward.

Adding the loop mechanic removes the entire purpose of these training skills. they'll just loop overnight for 3 nights and be 60/60 for their free 500 stamina and 40LT. It removes an entire mechanic form the game. Adding looping is akin to removing 2 stats and making them a part of the task system "Idle Run for 12 Hours and Earn More Stamina", and the players that want looping would be fine with making it a task system reward too. They don't care about the mechanic. They don't have any pride in rewards earned from effort. As long as that stamina and weight capacity is there, they just want it any way you'll give it to them, and they'll keep asking for easier and easier ways to get it. There's people out there that want a free-pass coupon  or training exp boost scroll added to the cash shop I'm sure. Any and every way to gut this mechanic, they'll ask for it, becuase they all just want a shortcut - a prize for doing nothing or doing less.

I understand the mechanic has to come eventually as it is part of the game in other versions, but I beg of you please delay it further. How long did it take after release in Korea before it was added there? I'm not saying it absolutely must be the same in our version. there's 3 sides to it. the same time after release so as not to upset players who slowly leveled their training over a few months, the same patch status as when Korea got it, and "you could add it now just do it". There's a lot of stuff you could add right now, but you don't because it prlongs the life of your game. There's costumes that were in beta that aren't implemented yet that I want, but I'll wait. If everything comes out at once, you lose money from people not buying placeholder costumes to wait for the ones they like more to come out. If you release a mechanic that negates the existance of 2 slow-leveling skills, you lose peoples interest a little faster as they have 2 less things to do in this game. If it were up to me, being as lenient as i can force myself to be, I'd say I'm fine with anytime between the proper patch and the original wait after release Korean players had. Just please don't rush it caving to the angry hoard. I saw the poll, I know its 5 to 1 in favor of adding it, just please don't completely disregard the minority opinion.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read all of this. Doublethanks to those who sympathize.

Your argument can be used against any afk practice in the game.  I bet you really like your afk fishing right?  If so, you're a hypocrit.  

Posted

This is why normal forums need a downvote button.

This would be off the frontpage and into the obscurity of page 97. 

Rubbish shitposting at its best. 

Posted

How is watching your character run around in circles a work? I really think some of you people never worked a day in your life.

How's not even playing a game or not even being anywhere near your actual pc a valid way of gaining stats?  I agree the way to train horses is tedious and not well thought out at all; however, having a game play itself isn't a good solution though and will make devs lazy which will lead to crap mechanics.  I work full time btw, I love ppl making real life assumptions from game related chat.