• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Worker promotion question

23 posts in this topic

Posted

I read another post saying workers have a higher chance of passing the promotion test if they're higher lvl... So lvl them to 30, then take the 3 tests... Anyone have any experience doing this?

*****if you haven't lvled a worker to 20+ for their first promotion test please don't respond******

Posted

higher level worker have higher success. dont even bother doing on level 10 unless its for green>blue

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the reply! 

So if I level my workers to 30 (without doing any promotions) will I be able to do 3 promotions still?

Posted

Thanks for the reply! 

So if I level my workers to 30 (without doing any promotions) will I be able to do 3 promotions still?

Everytime a worker passes a promotion test he will be reset to level 1 of the following rank.

ie:

Lv.30 Skilled => Promoted to Lv.1 Professional

Lv. 30 Professional => Promoted to Lv.1 Artisan

So, I wouldn't bother grinding a worker to Lv.30 unless he's professional rank. For lower ranks, just give it a shot at lv. 15 or so.

Posted

Are you sure that you cumulate the test attempts?

Posted (edited)

Yes, attempts of examinations - collect.

No - their quantity doesn't influence chance of passing and it is possible to fail all 3 at the 30th level.

Humans - is worse than the others takes examinations.

After receiving 30 lvl at the Artisan , for each 50% of the following level you will be able to replace one of skills of the worker. (It also works for mercenaries for a karma)

Edited by MAPKuTAHT
1 person likes this

Posted

I read another post saying workers have a higher chance of passing the promotion test if they're higher lvl... So lvl them to 30, then take the 3 tests... Anyone have any experience doing this?

*****if you haven't lvled a worker to 20+ for their first promotion test please don't respond******

I've failed at least 4-5 yellow promos under level 30. Although I will say one I feel I was unlucky on -  and simply put I think giants are literally stupid.

Posted

I've determined all my workers can't pass these tests, damn end of year tests!

Posted

it's 100% RNG... I've had a better success rate doing level 10's than lvl25+. My game feels rigged xDDDD

Posted

to me...it just feels like a 50/50 chance, regardless of level, accumulated promotion chances or grade

Posted

I think it is less than 50/50... unless i have just been super unlucky.

here is my strategy:

1. Take Blue, Yellow or Orange workers only.

2. Take tests as often as possible.

3. If a blue makes it to level 20 and fails that 2nd promotion attempt, I fire them and hire a new one.

I only have 10 workers working for me, but 4 are Orange, 2 are Yellow and 4 are Blue.   

I feel I only pass about 1 in 5 attempts.

Posted

10 workers , ihave ovêr working 20 node setup^^ some dobble 2x node

Posted

I've failed at least 4-5 yellow promos under level 30. Although I will say one I feel I was unlucky on -  and simply put I think giants are literally stupid.

And a goblin this time LVL 21 blue. These workers, level 30 it is.

Posted

? i promoted all of my workers from lvl 10/20 tests and got 4 artisans so far..lol

Posted

ye...got 7 artisans, never had a worker reach lvl 30

Posted

How do I send them to take the test?

Posted

How do I send them to take the test?

If they have a promotion test available (they get one at level 10, 20 and 30) you need to have not working, so cancel his job and wait for the timer to complete.

Then you will see that a symbol next to him on the worker screen that looks like a Sargent badge (two arrowheads pointing up) has turned blue. Just press that and accept.

1 person likes this

Posted

2 things influence success during promotion, - level of the worker and level of the city node where they live.  Only about 1 in every 10 of my yellow workers actually fail all 3 tests and believe it or not people still buy a lvl 30 yellow with no promotion chance

I have 5-10 yellow workers at most times and 80-90 orange workers always, and i sell some lvl 30's every month.  I do this not for the money, though an extra few mil a month is a nice little bonus, i do it because it basically costs me nothing, and puts a few workers on the market every month for those who would rather buy them.  

Posted

it's random.

had no difference between promoting lv10-20 workers or lv30 workers.

as lv30 takes so much longer to level than lv20, there is absolutely no reason to level it to 30.

Posted (edited)

2 things influence success during promotion, - level of the worker and level of the city node where they live.  Only about 1 in every 10 of my yellow workers actually fail all 3 tests and believe it or not people still buy a lvl 30 yellow with no promotion chance

I have 5-10 yellow workers at most times and 80-90 orange workers always, and i sell some lvl 30's every month.  I do this not for the money, though an extra few mil a month is a nice little bonus, i do it because it basically costs me nothing, and puts a few workers on the market every month for those who would rather buy them.  

This is why my level 30 trent workers on lvl 8 node failed all the promotions :D 12 fails in a row from yellow to orange :D 

It is more likely depending on the IQ of the worker than on the node level :D 

Edited by Isteria

Posted

Hi,

About promotion from my point of view lv on worker dosnt metter.l usualy promote pro to artisan every 3~4 tests.

I am buying only pro workers usualy when I dumb my alt energy for that I end up with artisan to buy from npc ,last week was so lucky every day I was able to get 1 artisan,next week nothik its kinda rng.

A tip for free buy all pro you can get from npc make sure you always have 1~2 loginc where you farm npc for workers.

So far I have 15 artisans in calph and another 10 working in velia,hidel,altinova etc.

Gl hf.

Posted (edited)

So, I've got 91 workers so far, and 42 of them are Artisan, 33 are Professional and 16 are Skilled. The upgrade chances are RNG, I haven't noticed any increased chance of success between promotions at 10, 20 or 30. I usually begin upgrades at 20 however, that way if it fails the first test I can immediately reattempt. If it fails the 2nd attempt, I let it passively level to 30 while upgrading others... I don't even try to upgrade skilled workers.. The're just place holders while I replace them with Professional workers that I buy or roll off the worker managers.

Seriously though, it's a complete myth that Higher level workers increase success rates btw. Stop listening to/passing on this rumor.

Edited by Kitsune

Posted

i had multiple lvl 30 yellow workers who failed their last test at lvl 30.

lvl 30 also takes a lot of time so its definitely not worth leveling that high except for a yellow worker (but even then i would use the first attempts at 10/20)

I usually try to upgrade exactly at lvl 10 or 20 though, because i believe it will delay your next promotion if you do it at some other level (for example if you fail at lvl 15, you get the next chance at 25. If you fail your first attempt at 21, you will keep the second attempt but wont ever get a 3rd). So i always check for workers that are lvl 10 or 20 and promote them first. So if i got a yellow worker at 11+ and i missed doing the promotion at 10, i will wait until lvl 20 before trying. For green workers you should just promote them asap and replace after the first fail (better yet, try to always buy blue or better).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0