• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Desync is a major issue

34 posts in this topic

Posted

The desync in BDO at the moment is really bad and i really hope it is being looked at. As it is now pvp for classes that rely on stuns or grabs is completely impossible sometimes as they rarely land or even if they do the opponent will most likely teleport a few meters away or behind you.

I remember about a few weeks ago it was only an issue in the arena but now it seems it has spread all over the open world. People are rubberbanding all over the place, they appear right behind you or way far away (even though you were 100% you stunned them). 

Keep in mind that i am mostly talking about PvP.

Please report your desync issues here so people can see it and maybe we can get an official response on the matter.

@CM_Jouska

4 people like this

Posted

They already know about it. they just don't care/can't do anyhing about it

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They already know about it. they just don't care/can't do anyhing about it

I won't got that far. I often say they don't care or won't do anything about a lot. But CM_Jouska already acknowledged they reported the desync issue to the devs. It impacts us melee classes a lot(grapples for one), especially on world bosses that rubber band around.

Edited by Luciferia
1 person likes this

Posted

Jouska did acknowledge the issue but we need to be informed about what's going on and if a fix is coming anytime soon. If not i may as well park my tamer and go for a ranger or a witch/wizard. (not qq'ing about the classes just saying melee is really hard with desync)

Posted

Jouska did acknowledge the issue but we need to be informed about what's going on and if a fix is coming anytime soon. If not i may as well park my tamer and go for a ranger or a witch/wizard. (not qq'ing about the classes just saying melee is really hard with desync)

Desync "advantages" don't work against a Tamer with high ping for some reason. It's quite hard for someone to hit a fast moving target that may or may not be where they appear :D

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska

Can we get an update on what is being done about it and where we are when it comes to a fix?

The number of times I've landed grabs, only to see me do the animation with no one in my hands is frustratingly high.

Edited by Ulfnaor

Posted

+1

Posted

+1 This is a huge issue for a game that orients itself around PvP. Really is by far my biggest complaint about Black Desert Online. 

Posted

I get the grabs off but the prob is more i smash to the ground and there standing behind me before even get one down attack off lol.

Posted

Alright I will share what has been happening recently with me as far as gameplay goes.

1. Rubber-banding, so many deaths that have happened because I have been pulled back into a pack of mobs or players trying to kill me, ect.

2. In-fight Lag, nothing more irritating than trying to fight your way through a group of mobs, or defend yourself in PvP, than having a few seconds or longer (Feels like a eternity.) of mobs/players becoming unresponsive and then BAM you getting hit like a truck from all the attacks coming all at once.

3. Chat Lag, sometimes it takes a second or more for a message to actually appear, not overly important, but nonetheless I thought I'de share.

4. Random Disconnects, this is another biggy for me, has caused even more deaths, and frustration combined.

All and all, I really hope that with the community giving information to the Devs about in-game problems that we start to see things like this being ironed out, because once large scale PvP has a true purpose, having areas of lag and randomly disconnecting mid-fight is really going to put a big dent into fully enjoying this lovely game.

3 people like this

Posted

I get the grabs off but the prob is more i smash to the ground and there standing behind me before even get one down attack off lol.

Three problems with the zerk-desync:
1)General desync makes it really hard to land grabs on moving targets; virtually impossible on sorcs and rangers.
2)The grabs miss after showing that they have landed. It's not that bad with Smack Down and Rock Smash, but it's absolutely disastrous with Corpse Storm as you start spinning around as if you had the target in your hands... only to see that he's five feet away and blasting your vulnerable, locked-down-into-a-pointless-animation arse. I've died because of that. Nothing you can do about it.
3)Even when grabs go through, we then experience desync on where people actually land. In theory, with a smackdown, the people you grabbed are supposed to land at your feet. It's your window of opportunity to do some damage, get a FD hit or two, then re-grab. A lot of the times (like over 50-60%), people land 10 feet away from me (behind, in front, doesn't matter) or they're not knocked down (they should be) and they actually insta move. 

It's becoming a real farce to even try to play a zerk in small encounters.

Posted

My new favorite is getting "location invalid" on my grab mid-combo all the time...  doesn't happen on all channels for some reason.

Posted

My new favorite is getting "location invalid" on my grab mid-combo all the time...  doesn't happen on all channels for some reason.

"Location invalid" or "distance is too great" while dodging using WW.

Posted

It's prevalent in PvE as well, with certain mob types rubberbanding with their skills and attacks, as well as inappropriate hit detection.

Eitherway I can confirm it happens.

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Jouska

Can we get an update on what is being done about it and where we are when it comes to a fix?

The number of times I've landed grabs, only to see me do the animation with no one in my hands is frustratingly high.

I know the issue is being worked on, I will request an update and relay it to the forums as soon as I get it. 

11 people like this

Posted

I know the issue is being worked on, I will request an update and relay it to the forums as soon as I get it. 

Thanks a lot! 

Posted

Thank goodness. Seriously, thank you. 

Posted

@CM_Jouska

So its been +20 days since your last message on the matter. What is the status on the fix or is it even coming? Im pretty concerned if the communication with the devs really is this slow on a game that needs fast reaction on issues that may be game breaking. (like this one is.)

Customer service like this will kill a game eventually.

P.s I love how easy it is to farm mobs since they dont attack you even if u try to pull them with a low damage attack.

Posted

Our guild quit playing due to the desync issues.  Still hoping for some kind of official statement on this.

Posted

Alright I will share what has been happening recently with me as far as gameplay goes.

1. Rubber-banding, so many deaths that have happened because I have been pulled back into a pack of mobs or players trying to kill me, ect.

2. In-fight Lag, nothing more irritating than trying to fight your way through a group of mobs, or defend yourself in PvP, than having a few seconds or longer (Feels like a eternity.) of mobs/players becoming unresponsive and then BAM you getting hit like a truck from all the attacks coming all at once.

3. Chat Lag, sometimes it takes a second or more for a message to actually appear, not overly important, but nonetheless I thought I'de share.

4. Random Disconnects, this is another biggy for me, has caused even more deaths, and frustration combined.

All and all, I really hope that with the community giving information to the Devs about in-game problems that we start to see things like this being ironed out, because once large scale PvP has a true purpose, having areas of lag and randomly disconnecting mid-fight is really going to put a big dent into fully enjoying this lovely game.

na or eu? Also server?

Posted

I hate Desync. They PK'd me while i was at catfish and called me names.

Posted

na or eu? Also server?

NA - Edan.

The problems I've had have been few and far between now, only when the majority of the channels are, "Crowded" do I get the occasional, Lag/Rubber-band and sometimes DC. Seems Daum/PA have been improving stability recently, but still could use some tweaks for when the channels do get loaded with players.

Posted

So it's been more than a month ago that CM Jouska said he will give us an update on the issue. So, what's up with desync, @CM_Jouska

Posted

NA - Edan.

The problems I've had have been few and far between now, only when the majority of the channels are, "Crowded" do I get the occasional, Lag/Rubber-band and sometimes DC. Seems Daum/PA have been improving stability recently, but still could use some tweaks for when the channels do get loaded with players.

hmmm. I was wondering yeah. I'm in Europe Croxus and lately It's been quite nice. There is the occasional desync, but usually is quite fun.

Don't know how it's like on the more crowded servers like jordine

Posted

hmmm. I was wondering yeah. I'm in Europe Croxus and lately It's been quite nice. There is the occasional desync, but usually is quite fun.

Don't know how it's like on the more crowded servers like jordine

I also play on Croxus and I can tell you that Desync is still VERY prominent. 40% of my grabs failing because of desync is not 'occasional'.