• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is there any reason to play on NA/EU?

28 posts in this topic

Posted

So, if I went to KR/RU, I'd have active to the following:

• More content.
  • More classes.
  • Faster updates, don't have to wait for localization.
  • It's free.
  • Access to English speaking guilds. Already found one in RU.

If you've played this game for awhile you can easily navigate your way in the game. At no point have I needed to use Cyrillic. At worst, I need to use the BDO item-database to look at the icon. Is there absolutely any reason to buy/play NA/EU? And if you're a PvE'r, then RU is even more desirable because the ping is low (only 150ms) so you aren't really effected.  Doesn't seem like there is really any incentive to actually play this game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Being able to communicate with almost anyone you run into is a big plus, part of the fun comes from the interactions you have with other players.

Then there's lower ping with is always nice.

If neither of those things matter to you then no, of course not you should probably be playing on KR. 

Edited by Ragefit

Posted

Well for me, the ping with the server being located in Amsterdam (for EU) it's not surprising that I have a lot more smooth gameplay than I did in KR/RU betas. 

As for the content schedule, I am okay with the pace Daum have been pumping it out. Blader/Plum in 2 weeks, Ninja/Kun next month, and Awakening in July/August. That doesn't seem bad at all considering everything.

My big thing though, is that I hate the voice acting and translation in this version. Every time someone says anything I want to punch my monitor. In Blade and Soul my enjoyment of the game has increased immensely after I downloaded a Japanese voice pack. The games story becomes a lot better with the high quality VA they have. I'm hoping for Daum to let us pick JP/KR voices in this version at some point (particularly with Blader coming out) because it's unbearable. I hate talking to the NPCs. When you consider how stellar the voicework is in FFXIVs Heavensward, it just makes you think about what a missed opportunity it is. Foreign languages hides bad voice acting, and your brain just accept it. Here you can hear how fake and broken the english voices are. 

Posted

Well my main gripe is that RU optimization is WAAAAY better than this one, and runs much more smoothly. Also the P2P server is amazing, not anything like the mess B2P we have here.

Apart from that, I dont enjoy coming across content that is not translated. No matter how poorly translated our version might be, at least there is unity in all voiceovers and all translation being bad :D

Posted (edited)

I agree the KR version is much better than the NA/EU

Blader Plum, Ninja, Konuiki- 2 and 3 times XP events - more content, faster content, the level 49 quest for PvP which some like and some don't,

There are few a problems since no one updates the English patch any longer, so you have to spend a little time looking it up

The leveling curve from 1-50 takes almost 3/4 less time, IMHO is a huge plus, 4 days to get to 50 on NA PLEASE!!!

Edited by Arreyanne

Posted

As a Japanese user, I like the JP server much better than KR and RU. It's much less pay to win and I can read/write/speak the language.

But if you are in the states or in EU you need a VPN, hence I don't play in JP any more since I'm in america now. 

Posted

So go play those versions.  Why are you looking for someone to convince you to do something you clearly don't want to do?

6 people like this

Posted

Being able to communicate with almost anyone you run into is a big plus, part of the fun comes from the interactions you have with other players.

Then there's lower ping with is always nice.

If neither of those things matter to you then no, of course not you should probably be playing on KR. 

Honestly that was my biggest deciding factor. Being able to communicate with those around me is a huge boon. I would feel so lost in an MMO not being able to understand the general populace lol.

Posted

Honestly that was my biggest deciding factor. Being able to communicate with those around me is a huge boon. I would feel so lost in an MMO not being able to understand the general populace lol.

I haven't really ran into a reason to communicate with someone outside my guild over in NA, and I've already found an English guild. Once I got passed that hurdle and found people to play with, playing on NA just became silly. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven't really ran into a reason to communicate with someone outside my guild over in NA, and I've already found an English guild. Once I got passed that hurdle and found people to play with, playing on NA just became silly. 

Then you may very well have found your reason to play on the other servers if it suits you. I enjoy NA because of the friends I have found and built just by interacting and exploring throughout the world. So enjoy KR if you like it. I am content to be here and play the game as it progresses. :ph34r: (but playing Blader early would be a boon for me XD)

Posted

The wind comes and goes and I'm standing on a bridge and I want to jump off the bridge but the wind pushes me over the bridge and I fall.

Or maybe I'm on the bridge and I don't want to fall but unforuntely it's windy and I fall. 

Posted

Seems like you've got it all figured it out, why do you need us to convince you?

Posted

Seems like you've got it all figured it out, why do you need us to convince you?

I need to validate my beliefs because I don't have enough faith in them. The assurance is helpful and the attention I get makes my measly existence feels a little bit worth it.

Also contributing to forum cancer is fun.

1459267634871.jpg

Posted

Quicker updates? we got an expansion a month after release.... wut? 

Posted

You seem pretty set on moving to the RU/KR version already (especially the RU version since you've already found an English speaking guild there) so what is the point of this thread, really?

Posted

Go to RU if you can and your game runs smoothly there.

They have 50% cheaper CS than NA/EU or KR, more content and better community management. :P

Posted

• More content.
  • More classes.
  • It's free.

If you've played this game for awhile you can easily navigate your way in the game. At no point have I needed to use Cyrillic. At worst, I need to use the BDO item-database to look at the icon. Is there absolutely any reason to buy/play NA/EU? And if you're a PvE'r, then RU is even more desirable because the ping is low (only 150ms) so you aren't really effected.  Doesn't seem like there is really any incentive to actually play this game.

If you are looking to PvP, I would suggest not playing on EU, because so far they are doing everything to cut out PvP from BDO in EU.

Posted

As for the content schedule, I am okay with the pace Daum have been pumping it out. Blader/Plum in 2 weeks, Ninja/Kun next month, and Awakening in July/August. That doesn't seem bad at all considering everything.

Just curious, from where you get this info schedule?

I'm waiting for the Female Ninja to be added to our NA/EU version and this info make me happy but I would like to see an actual official info, would you mind to provide us where you get that information schedule above? Thanks :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Just curious, from where you get this info schedule?

I'm waiting for the Female Ninja to be added to our NA/EU version and this info make me happy but I would like to see an actual official info, would you mind to provide us where you get that information schedule above? Thanks :)

From Dulfy;

"Black Desert is planning to have major content updates in April, May and June to add in new classes, Valencia and Awakening.

According to a recent Korean press conference, Daum has released their update schedule for NA/EU version of Black Desert Online.

• Blader/Plum arriving in April
  • Two more classes to be released in May
  • Valencia and Awakening update to be released in June."

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/30/black-desert-naeu-release-schedule-for-april-june/

Posted (edited)

Ping, is the only real issue. As for the language barrier, I find myself in trouble trying to communicate in English on the EU server. Plenty of greeks/italians/french/spanish players who don't seem to comprehend even the basics of the English language.

Edited by PK

Posted

Go to RU if you can and your game runs smoothly there.

They have 50% cheaper CS than NA/EU or KR, more content and better community management. :P

Try talking to RU support in English and see how far that gets you.

Posted

Is there any reason to play on NA/EU?

다음 가서 한국어 버전 말하 !

Posted

Try talking to RU support in English and see how far that gets you.

They'll probably ban me for VPN. xD But no worries, my parents speak Russian and my brother is learning Russian atm.

It's just that I'm IP blocked >-> And I already spent money here.

Posted (edited)

From Dulfy;

"Black Desert is planning to have major content updates in April, May and June to add in new classes, Valencia and Awakening.

According to a recent Korean press conference, Daum has released their update schedule for NA/EU version of Black Desert Online.

• Blader/Plum arriving in April
  • Two more classes to be released in May
  • Valencia and Awakening update to be released in June."

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/30/black-desert-naeu-release-schedule-for-april-june/

This info below is from the Official forum here official post from 22hours ago, I don't see any firm date of realease, but well, hope that dulfy have good info...

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/65157-interview-with-daumgames-eu/

Interview with DaumGames EU

Answeres in Orange were provided by Pearl Abyss.

• When will we see the new classes added in game? (Blader/Ninja, etc)
    • We know that this is the most frequently asked question, but for now all we can reply to this is:
      Musa/Maehwa (aka Blader/Plum which have been renamed to their original historical names) will be released soon.
      Ninja/Kunoichi will be released down the road. :) But no worries, there is plenty of content to explore and there are also some balance updates that we would like to apply along with releasing those classes.
Edited by Jezal

Posted

• More content.
  • More classes.
  • It's free.

Uh, we'll have basically ALL of the classes and content by July. So, that's a shitty thing to try and pull.

We get 2 classes this month, the other 2 next month, Valencia the month after and then Awakenings. 

We will be caught up to KR most likely by August, or atleast a patch behind. 

Playing on NA/EU is a better choice mainly because all of the P2W options are not in our cash shop - and are in the loyalty shop. Yeah, our costumes are expensive, but the other servers will cost you A LOT MORE to play on if you go long term. 

Stop -----ing about it, do some damn research. 

• More content.
  • More classes.
  • It's free.

Uh, we'll have basically ALL of the classes and content by July. So, that's a shitty thing to try and pull.

We get 2 classes this month, the other 2 next month, Valencia the month after and then Awakenings. 

We will be caught up to KR most likely by August, or atleast a patch behind. 

Playing on NA/EU is a better choice mainly because all of the P2W options are not in our cash shop - and are in the loyalty shop. Yeah, our costumes are expensive, but the other servers will cost you A LOT MORE to play on if you go long term. 

Stop -----ing about it, do some damn research. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0