• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pve Want to cater to the PvE community? Here's how.

98 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Since people are crying about not being able to do anything whilst on a normal server, introduce a PvE only server with the following limitations:

• World bosses cannot spawn on these channels.
  • Mobs have an increase in attack power and attack speed.
  • You cannot AFK at all, automatic kick after 30 minutes. This is to prevent people forever afk fishing/processing/etc.. whilst they are high level
    • If you are found using macros/keybinds/weights on your keyboard, you get suspended from that channel for a week.
  • Death penalty...
    • When dying to a monster you lose 2% exp (as if you were -500k karma)
      • Dying to a monster gives you a debuff for 30 minutes
      • If you die again, you have a chance to lose enchantment levels and all trade items.
  • Creature product rewards are reduced by 25%.
  • No wild horses can be found on this server.
  • Rewards from DAILY quests reduced by 25% on this channel.
  • No matter what level your life skill is at you, always use energy instead of having a chance to skip it.
  • Costume bonuses have no effect on this channel. 
  • Switching TO and FROM this channel has an hour cooldown. 

This is what they want, right? A PvP-free channel where there is absolutely NO risk in doing anything. Well sadly, that's never going to happen, if you want a channel or a zone where you can do your afk / life skills or quests without being killed, or even grind spots then you're going to have to lose some of those rewards for losing a huge amount of risk whilst doing so.

Thoughts?

Edit: For the people reading...

Daum is making changes based on the feedback that is available publicly, which right now, is the forums, Facebook & Twitter. The main bulk of their feedback is being posted on the forums and some things have already been messed with to cater to the people that are "falling behind", this needs to stop. The western mentality of demanding stuff "or we quit" needs to goddamn stop. 

You would get better feedback responses from in-game surveys where most of the people avoid the forums purely because of how toxic the PvE community is. If they get their way and a PvE channel is added, REWARDS NEED TO BE HINDERED.

Links:

The list goes on and on...

Edited by DakotaCoty

Posted

So salty. If they ever get that PvE server what is that to you?

OH NOES THEY DONT WANT TO PLAY WITH ME ITS SPOILING MY GAME LETS SPOIL THEIRS TOO!1!!!11!!

20 people like this

Posted

OH NOES THEY DONT WANT TO PLAY WITH ME ITS SPOILING MY GAME LETS SPOIL THEIRS TOO!1!!!11!!

There's no salt and your response is utterly pathetic, to be quite honest. 

Why on Earth should people that are complaining on a daily basis receive the same rewards that I do if they ever got their own PvE server? It would be destructive. If one is ever implemented, it should be heavily diminished in terms of risk vs reward, but you seemed to completely miss that point.

4 people like this

Posted

The Problem here is more like "thinning" out the community. ArcheAge did many things wrong, and that was also a big mistake. They created lots of channels, even without needing them. Being a PvE Player takes communication skills, avoidance of certain things and etc. the "PvE-Players" usually whining about PvP are those, who miserably fail at avoiding PvP (which can be pretty easy tbh.)

1 person likes this

Posted

"I'll prove my e-peen superiority by suggesting a PvE server I know people will hate. That'll teach 'em".

12 people like this

Posted

There's no salt and your response is utterly pathetic, to be quite honest. 

Why on Earth should people that are complaining on a daily basis receive the same rewards that I do if they ever got their own PvE server? It would be destructive. If one is ever implemented, it should be heavily diminished in terms of risk vs reward, but you seemed to completely miss that point.

Your original post was pathetic.

3 people like this

Posted

The Problem here is more like "thinning" out the community. ArcheAge did many things wrong, and that was also a big mistake. They created lots of channels, even without needing them. Being a PvE Player takes communication skills, avoidance of certain things and etc. the "PvE-Players" usually whining about PvP are those, who miserably fail at avoiding PvP (which can be pretty easy tbh.)

My point was that if Daum stupidly decide to actually make a PvE-only channel, they need to make it as least rewarding as possible. It shouldn't be the same as the other channels because the risk factor is WAY higher in those channels.

Posted

I bet most of them never even got attacked yet

1 person likes this

Posted

Your original post was pathetic.

Constructive response, I can see why the PvE community is so strong.

I bet most of them never even got attacked yet

They probably did, and lost their wagon with a few items or a few fishes.

sgF8FCm.png

The amount of responses this thread got for pro-PvE-only server is actually disgusting, it needs to stop. I'm all for a PvE server if the rewards are severely hindered.

Posted

The amount of responses this thread got for pro-PvE-only server is actually disgusting, it needs to stop. I'm all for a PvE server if the rewards are severely hindered.

Imagine, people want to play differently, what this game actually gives them in abundance. We cannot have that can we? It needs to stop, everyone has to play how I say!!!

You are so childish and petty I am not sure you are old enough to be allowed to play this game in first place.

6 people like this

Posted

I'd imagine if there was a PvE server, then you wouldn't be able to switch between the two.

Posted

Imagine, people want to play differently, what this game actually gives them in abundance. We cannot have that can we? It needs to stop, everyone has to play how I say!!!

You are so childish and petty I am not sure you are old enough to be allowed to play this game in first place.

Calm down forum-warrior. In every game there are risk vs reward factors, taking PvP out of the game entirely eliminates a lot of the risk, but your simple mind cannot seem to comprehend that. I'm guessing you're the type of person I'd be farming on the PvP servers ;)

I'd imagine if there was a PvE server, then you wouldn't be able to switch between the two.

This is also a good suggestion. Completely cut the community between PvErs and PvPrs.

2 people like this

Posted

Calm down forum-warrior. In every game there are risk vs reward factors, taking PvP out of the game entirely eliminates a lot of the risk, but your simple mind cannot seem to comprehend that. I'm guessing you're the type of person I'd be farming on the PvP servers ;)

The thing is I am not your mom and I am not here to remedy your aggression/angst/fear of rejection problems. My "simple mind" can see you right through your bs though for exactly who you are and I dont like you. Deal with it. Just like you will have to deal with it if Daum ever makes proper PvE server without any of yours "punishment measures".

Posted

I wonder if it would be possible to pinpoint the exact moment humanity lost the ability to argue constructively without simply throwing petty insults at whoever disagrees with them. 

The comments on the PvE vs PvP threads are a massive monkey knife fight. 

awuge.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As a mostly PvEr who enjoys the excitment of other players neardy.

Hard No.

for any 'pve only' stuff. Its not been an issue in RU or KR, and just because some western white folk get triggered when being killed doesnt statue a reason to radically change a very good game for a miniscule issue.

enjoying this already, soon 300 hours of it infact, hows it to you? People get along well and love the game, why cant you?

Edited by Kezha

Posted (edited)

The thing is I am not your mom and I am not here to remedy your aggression/angst/fear of rejection problems. My "simple mind" can see you right through your bs though for exactly who you are and I dont like you. Deal with it. Just like you will have to deal with it if Daum ever makes proper PvE server without any of yours "punishment measures".

Keep the hope up. You know that's never gonna happen right? No matter how many tears the carebears craaai :)

Edited by MoZex

Posted

As a mostly PvEr who enjoys the excitment of other players neardy.

Hard No.

for any 'pve only' stuff. Its not been an issue in RU or KR, and just because some western white folk get triggered when being killed doesnt statue a reason to radically change a very good game for a miniscule issue.

But if people get their way, radical change is going to happen. They will cater to these people because they will think that this is what the 'majority' of players want, and I'd support a PvE-server if the rewards are limited or they are completely unable to play with PvPers. 

Posted

People get along well and love the game, why cant you?

Because I dont care to roleplay a doormat?

Keep clinging on that hope. 

Lol, I never asked for PvE server nor do I care.

I just want my lvl 50 quest tyvm.

1 person likes this

Posted

I love how constructive and precise your responses are.

1 person likes this

Posted

Shouldn't you do something about that then?

I don't really know of any reason that makes it reasonable to alter the game into something it really isn't designed to be just to please a chunk of people that might not even be a considerable amount.

Even then, I think this would have to be isolated to it's own server to keep things fair. Then the resources it would require to update a game in a different path..

Eh? I just don't quite see why this is reasonable.

Posted (edited)

I don't want to sound rude, but those who demand own pve servers, channels or changes should just go play other mmorpg.

I would like Black Desert developers to work on bugs, fixes, new openPvP/PvE content, zones, races, classes, outfits, etc. and not on brand new servers (we need fixing current ones) with new rules for people who don't like Black Desert for what it actually is, these people should go ruin other mmorpgs and not the one I am playing. ;)

Edited by Waideus
1 person likes this

Posted

But if people get their way, radical change is going to happen. They will cater to these people because they will think that this is what the 'majority' of players want, and I'd support a PvE-server if the rewards are limited or they are completely unable to play with PvPers. 

no they wont, I doubt PA gave much of a toss for whiny people anyways, given common sense they will leave along the asshole pvpers who some claim to be the majority of the playerbase. The game in the past few days alone have gotten noticably nicer for each day. People are bound to go back to their old games, why try to hold them back? We all know how prude they are.

as a doormat people cant pk you in your imaginable world, your a huge advocate wanting pvp to be gone. And why can most people level freely and have no issue, those who dont want to ever be pvp enabled should raise their voice to raise the limit to 49 like other regions. End off. 

Posted

My point was that if Daum stupidly decide to actually make a PvE-only channel, they need to make it as least rewarding as possible. It shouldn't be the same as the other channels because the risk factor is WAY higher in those channels.

Huh? The risk factor is pretty much non-existent. Attacks are very rare, you don't necessarily lose, the xp loss is minute and the karma system punishes the attacker anyway.

About the only bad thing that can happen is some crystal loss, and really if you're just going to PvE you don't need expensive crystals.

Posted

I don't want to sound rude, but those who demand own pve servers, channels or changes should just go play other mmorpg.

I would like Black Desert developers to work on bugs, fixes, new openPvP/PvE content, zones, races, classes, outfits, etc. and not on brand new servers (we need fixing current ones) with new rules for people who don't like Black Desert for what it actually is, these people should go ruin other mmorpgs and not the one I am playing. ;)

Exactly this.

A large number of us are happy with how it is at present, as this is what it was sold as in the first place Asking them to change their game to cater to personal preference is on par with walking into a butchers, declaring loudly that you're a vegan and demanding that they sell you a cabbage. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Huh? The risk factor is pretty much non-existent. Attacks are very rare, you don't necessarily lose, the xp loss is minute and the karma system punishes the attacker anyway.

About the only bad thing that can happen is some crystal loss, and really if you're just going to PvE you don't need expensive crystals.

You don't lose crystals in pvp. Also i hardly believe all the people complaining are lvl 55s because even at 54 atm 1% loss is nothing.