• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pve Want to cater to the PvE community? Here's how.

98 posts in this topic

Posted

Why do we need a new thread every 8 hours for this?

PvE servers are not coming
Mechanic overhauls not coming to the other regions are not coming
PvE and PvP are married in this game and not meant to be separated
If anything is to be done, it's either making the exp cap quest that prevents you from leveling be a level 44 quest or bringing back the pvp level to 50 and leaving quests as they are.

If you cannot accept that, you might be playing the wrong game. 

+1 

Posted

Ok. And I used to roll with an anti-gank squad that would take on those people who decided to go ganking lowbies so you either are looking back with rose colored glasses or got lucky enough not to run into it.
It has little bearing as to the reality of the intentions of the developers. You seem to think you're some community ambassador to the PvE crowd, I have no doubt there are some who will leave the game over the current state of it, I even strongly empathize with what some of you ask for. The difference being I bothered to look into it carefully and have seen both Daum and PA have no interest in divorcing PvE and PvP.

It's part of the game's cohesion and design 
philosophy and they have strived to be as sandboxy as they can manage, and stripping away more options just to split the population further isn't really something that's going to happen.

I'm not telling you to leave, I am saying if you cannot accept the reality of the game you'll have to figure out for yourself if it's worth it to stick around.

No game can be all things to all people.

This is the last then I will post how I feel about PVE ( I am no ambassador lol). I loved PVP in games like Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online (where I never pve'd, cause it was too much fun leveling through PVP). It is just the gank attitude I hate. My main character right now is a horse tamer/breeder. I do plan on getting my baby Sorcerer up to PVP mode one day. But I hate having to stop at level 42 with my  horse tamer, because I really don't want to have my horse ganked while I am trying to level it. That is my only ----- right now about PVP. The griefers and gankers.

Posted

All I would like is to be able to trade with other players (real trading, not the half ass option we got now), have a bit more freedom in the Auction House and maybe, only maybe, have a PvP switch instead of being forced fed into us at level 45.

I don't think that messes up with the mechanics already established, right? 

Posted

The funny part is... you have people like Kat, who sit at lvl 44, and cry all day on the forum how the game is unfair for the players that don't want to PvP.

Yet... these people have not been in any position where they have to deal with PvPers or gankers or anything that would restrain what they want to do in the game.

The reality is, the amount of people being randomly kill by gankers in the game is so low, that the only ones that found a way to complain about it, are the ones who didn't even experience it in the first place, and are just scare to death because of the possibility.

Posted

The game doesn't need a PvE channel server whatever, just need a better community

Posted

This is the last then I will post how I feel about PVE ( I am no ambassador lol). I loved PVP in games like Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online (where I never pve'd, cause it was too much fun leveling through PVP). It is just the gank attitude I hate. My main character right now is a horse tamer/breeder. I do plan on getting my baby Sorcerer up to PVP mode one day. But I hate having to stop at level 42 with my  horse tamer, because I really don't want to have my horse ganked while I am trying to level it. That is my only ----- right now about PVP. The griefers and gankers.

Lol, just like I said in my post 1 minute ago... This is another good example of someone who is scare of something that barely exist and have yet to experience it.

There is literally no one that would just go kill your horses for no reason.

With my guild, we go on guild missions every day, and we stacked 50 horses in the middle of the road, or at a unsafe node, and NEVER, not even once, our horses got attacked by anyone. IT NEVER HAPPENS.

People really need to stop assuming the worst and ask for change for things they don't know about.

Stop being scare about stuff that are not occuring or are VERY RARE.

1 person likes this

Posted

20ish year mmo vet and I f**king hate ganking which is why I actively PKK in every game I play.

Like I said, I have nothing against what you want, and I sympathize, I just understand how things are and what plans the people in charge have (to some degree).

The ROI for putting in the work to make and re-balance a PvE server just isn't there and it butts heads with the design of the game. IMO this game has a pvp lean but it's easy to argue it has a PvE or PvX lean too but any way you slice it they are intertwined to the core and it would be a lot more work than it's worth to go back and overhaul it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Delete XP loss on PvP death if you have positive Karma and reduce Karma penalty by 50% per kill. That way you mostly fix Elion's Tears, address the primary PvE concern, and enable PvPers to PvP more. Win-Win-Win for everybody.

Posted

Another whiny PVP player post. Shocking! Sorry, but PVP is NOT the majority of the player base no matter how many times you say it. Maybe people would take you more seriously if you actually backed up your claims... but all I see is WHINE like a small child throwing a temper tantrum.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is like the shitstorm about difficulty lvels in certain games(singleplayer) where they have an "never die mode". The thing is why do people care? It's not like you as a "hardcorde" player will play that difficulty, or in this case. Why do PvP players(OP)  (who actually are also PvE players because lets be honest you couldn't do shit in PVP if u did not pve), care about people getting a PvE server or an option not get PvP if they don't want to? It's not like you gonna play on that server and say " ----- I hate it no pvp here... ". So "freedom" should be applied and I think it's a good thing to have more ways to fill every niche. Which means yes they have also to improve PvP and maybe a PvE servers would not be a bad idea. But how about instead of makin the PvE channel or server have " negative aspects " wouldn't it be better to give the normal servers a % bonus for the risk of PvP that is everywhere.

Posted (edited)

Another whiny PVP player post. Shocking! Sorry, but PVP is NOT the majority of the player base no matter how many times you say it. Maybe people would take you more seriously if you actually backed up your claims... but all I see is WHINE like a small child throwing a temper tantrum.

Actually the majority is PvX players. I rarely find a normal PvE only person in this game. This game was mostly marketed as a PvP game in NA no what way you slice it.

Edan is LITERALLY mostly PvP players. Orwen and Uno have alot of PvE players but now UNO has a ton of PKing/PvP guilds. This is one of the first MMO's other than GW2 to have a incredible amount of PvP Players.  

Did you know this game has more PvP features than PvE features?

PvP features listed below.

OW PvP

Siege PvP

Arena PvP

Instanced PvP (soon to come 3v3 arena)

Crimson Battlefield

Siege Battles

Guild Battles

Node Battles

Bandit/Pirate system

PK System with penalties (karma)

Castle Creation style PvP

I mean the PvE in this game amounts to grinding and crafting. That's literally it. I don't count world bosses as my guild has them down to 5 minutes flat.

The reality is that a PvP switch doesn't work by the way, there's no real danger. You can't have an Open World PvP game without danger being there. How am I supposed to steal someones trade cargo if I can't even kill them?

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

Lol, just like I said in my post 1 minute ago... This is another good example of someone who is scare of something that barely exist and have yet to experience it.

There is literally no one that would just go kill your horses for no reason.

With my guild, we go on guild missions every day, and we stacked 50 horses in the middle of the road, or at a unsafe node, and NEVER, not even once, our horses got attacked by anyone. IT NEVER HAPPENS.

People really need to stop assuming the worst and ask for change for things they don't know about.

Stop being scare about stuff that are not occuring or are VERY RARE.

+1

I think part of the problem is that most people these days never played any games that had real punishing death penalties. Having played games with perma-death, dropping loot on PvP death and 5+% exp loss to me, 1% exp and maybe a crystal loss is practically nothing until much higher level, and even then it's really not the end of the world. I especially don't take it as a personal failure when someone obviously outgears / levels me and wipes the floor with me... I just move on with my life and keep having fun.

Once I stop having fun, I move on to another game.

Edited by bakimono

Posted

+1
I think part of the problem is that most people these days never played any games that had real punishing death penalties. Having played games with perma-death, dropping loot on PvP death and 5+% exp loss to me, 1% exp and maybe a crystal loss is practically nothing until much higher level, and even then it's really not the end of the world. I especially don't take it as a personal failure when someone obviously outgears / levels me and wipes the floor with me... I just move on with my life and keep having fun.

That rational and reasonable attitude has no place on these forums. 

I mean, at no point did you call anyone a carebear or a psychopath, or attack anyone based on nothing more than personal disagreement.

Posted (edited)

+1

Yeah that's pretty much it. I've been use to the old MMOs too where it was equip drops in pvp, or literally full loot pvp. BDO is pretty much easy mode.

If your karma is positive, the lost you have for dying in PvP is inexistant.

It has been said a lot already, but there is countless way to deal with the situation IF you manage to get kill in an area. And again, so far in this game, the amount of people killing random players is so damn rare, that there is literally no reason to be scare or to cry about it.

But hey, I guess those people who are not even 45 knows a lot about what is going on passed that.

Edited by Theb

Posted

There's no salt and your response is utterly pathetic, to be quite honest. 

Why on Earth should people that are complaining on a daily basis receive the same rewards that I do if they ever got their own PvE server? It would be destructive. If one is ever implemented, it should be heavily diminished in terms of risk vs reward, but you seemed to completely miss that point.

Are you kidding?  We paid the same as you for the game, if not more ( I paid $100 ).  And what you are saying is that because you PVP, your better than everyone else and that YOU should receive more than everyone else?  You self centered Son of a B___h! Who do you think you are?

THIS is why PVPers aren't liked anywhere, except by other PVPers!  

Posted

steal there cargo.

*their

Posted

Imagine, people want to play differently, what this game actually gives them in abundance. We cannot have that can we? It needs to stop, everyone has to play how I say!!!

You are so childish and petty I am not sure you are old enough to be allowed to play this game in first place.

Get off of your social justice horse.  You're hiding behind the "how would me doing what I want affect you?" argument, and it's insulting to all of the actual applications of that argument.  

The truth is that the game is designed how it is, with open-world content in mind.  PvEers should be looking for protection from players in-game, not demanding the game cater to them somehow with changes that affect populations.  Population is key to the life of an open-world game, and if you ruin it too much, you ruin the essence of the game.

You have absolutely no respect for the health of the game itself, you just want to get your way, and it's sickening.  This is how games die, from people yelling to get their way with absolutely no consideration towards the niche that the game is serving.  So you might die a few times out in the open world while trying to farm the absolute best farming spots.  You really can't deal with that inconvenience?  Really?  I've been killed once in 52 levels outside of fighting those in a guild war against me, and I just popped right back up and ran past those who killed me on my way out of the area after finishing up the quest.  It was hardly even an inconvenience.

If you could make an argument for a PvE server that wasn't selfish to the point of insanity, maybe more people would listen.  Instead, people are just acting like Veruca Salts and telling the *other* side that *they* are childish and petty.

Christ it's annoying.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

^This +1

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

How about just making the karma penalties a little harsher, like in the KR version?

Posted (edited)

Are you kidding?  We paid the same as you for the game, if not more ( I paid $100 ).  And what you are saying is that because you PVP, your better than everyone else and that YOU should receive more than everyone else?  You self centered Son of a B___h! Who do you think you are?

THIS is why PVPers aren't liked anywhere, except by other PVPers!  

What he is stating is that PvP players whine much less then PvE players. We do both PvE and PvP so when we die out in the wild we don't turn into idiots that complain on the forums because of Muh PVE's. It's because we EXPECT to die out there.

PVP Players aren't liked by PvE players because normally PvE players get decimated by PvP players because of a difference in skills.

Wanna know something though? Generally PvP players are better PvE players. Look at all the top WoW Guilds. Multiple 2000+ PvPers in all of them. Why? Better reaction time, Better thought process, better all around attitude. (Not that some PvE players don't have that but still)

Just wait until valencia comes out, PVE players will have a shitstorm because valencia is a PvP based town with PvP based content for Bandits and Outlaws. They literally give you daily quests to go out and kill actual players. I'm going to enjoy the tears

at the end of the day nothing in PvE is challenging because it's all so safe

PvP is challenging and it's never safe

Edited by Catclaw
1 person likes this

Posted

Get off of your social justice horse.  You're hiding behind the "how would me doing what I want affect you?" argument, and it's insulting to all of the actual applications of that argument.  

The truth is that the game is designed how it is, with open-world content in mind.  PvEers should be looking for protection from players in-game, not demanding the game cater to them somehow with changes that affect populations.  Population is key to the life of an open-world game, and if you ruin it too much, you ruin the essence of the game.

You have absolutely no respect for the health of the game itself, you just want to get your way, and it's sickening.  This is how games die, from people yelling to get their way with absolutely no consideration towards the niche that the game is serving.  So you might die a few times out in the open world while trying to farm the absolute best farming spots.  You really can't deal with that inconvenience?  Really?  I've been killed once in 52 levels outside of fighting those in a guild war against me, and I just popped right back up and ran past those who killed me on my way out of the area after finishing up the quest.  It was hardly even an inconvenience.

If you could make an argument for a PvE server that wasn't selfish to the point of insanity, maybe more people would listen.  Instead, people are just acting like Veruca Salts and telling the *other* side that *they* are childish and petty.

Christ it's annoying.

Pretty much what I think.

But you are losing your time. People like that will just reply to what they feel like replying and ignore everything they don't have an answer to - for example, by correcting the word in someone sentence. Obviously, it makes for great arguments.

And like I said in a previous post... this is coming from people that havn't even reach the PvP level and have no idea how it goes passed that. They are scare to death to the idea of being PKed, but havn't had to deal with it a single time yet... but they will still complain about it and try to change everything, because it's just easier for them to do.

It is childish, and it is pathetic.

Posted

Since people are crying about not being able to do anything whilst on a normal server, introduce a PvE only server with the following limitations:

• World bosses cannot spawn on these channels.
  • Mobs have an increase in attack power and attack speed.
  • You cannot AFK at all, automatic kick after 30 minutes. This is to prevent people forever afk fishing/processing/etc.. whilst they are high level
    • If you are found using macros/keybinds/weights on your keyboard, you get suspended from that channel for a week.
  • Death penalty...
    • When dying to a monster you lose 2% exp (as if you were -500k karma)
      • Dying to a monster gives you a debuff for 30 minutes
      • If you die again, you have a chance to lose enchantment levels and all trade items.
  • Creature product rewards are reduced by 25%.
  • No wild horses can be found on this server.
  • Rewards from DAILY quests reduced by 25% on this channel.
  • No matter what level your life skill is at you, always use energy instead of having a chance to skip it.
  • Costume bonuses have no effect on this channel. 
  • Switching TO and FROM this channel has an hour cooldown. 

This is what they want, right? A PvP-free channel where there is absolutely NO risk in doing anything. Well sadly, that's never going to happen, if you want a channel or a zone where you can do your afk / life skills or quests without being killed, or even grind spots then you're going to have to lose some of those rewards for losing a huge amount of risk whilst doing so.

Thoughts?

Edit: For the people reading...

Daum is making changes based on the feedback that is available publicly, which right now, is the forums, Facebook & Twitter. The main bulk of their feedback is being posted on the forums and some things have already been messed with to cater to the people that are "falling behind", this needs to stop. The western mentality of demanding stuff "or we quit" needs to goddamn stop. 

You would get better feedback responses from in-game surveys where most of the people avoid the forums purely because of how toxic the PvE community is. If they get their way and a PvE channel is added, REWARDS NEED TO BE HINDERED.

Links:

The list goes on and on...

I can appreciate the thought out suggestion you've provided here, and the way that you presented it, but as a pve player I disagree. I want the game left as it is. I am a pve player, that looked at the game, spoke with people, watched videos, and understood that the game was a pvp game with pve elements throughout the content to attain the end-game pvp environment. I made a decision to take a chance on the game even though I am not that good at pvp to see what it would be like, and to experience a new challenge. I got what I bought and paid for having done the homework beforehand. I don't want the environment changed. The game is meant to marry the two as it is presented. The pvp players have to work with or around the pve, and the pve with or around the pvp within the mechanics provided. 

There are mechanics in game - channels, flag, guilds, peace zones - the list goes on...that can be utilized in a strategy to play pve or pvp. Instead of using these mechanics and developing a strategy, you have a loud group that keep posting and creating threads trying to pressure Duam into changing the game design and environment. ...it shouldn't be done. I'm all for feed back and incorporating new ideas and tweaks that complement or work with the gaming environment as it is. I'm for elements that will improve the planned changes to mechanics already in the roadmap. I cannot support changes to mechanics that would have a significant impact on the environment that has been created, as intended.

What I don't understand is why people that don't believe they can work within the parameters of the game and are so unhappy, don't move to a game that is better suited to what they want, rather than asking for overhauls. It just doesn't make sense to me.

We are not talking about players that are cheating and not being dealt with. We are not talking about Duam having double standards or anything of that nature. We are simply talking about a mechanic that a few players don't like. While I understand there may be things about the game that you really like, you still make a choice to either play the game for the mechanics you like, accepting the ones you don't, or you decide that the mechanics you like are not worth dealing with the ones you don't...in which case you find a game that does better suit you and play it. 

This idea that the developers must change the game to suit what you want, other players be d@mned....is just foreign to me.

Posted (edited)

bunch of hysterics

And what being childish and petty has to do with anything you said? Oh right, nothing 9_9

Maybe you should get off that high horse yourself and let people play however they want to if it doesnt affect you. Or would your fragile ego crush under realization that not everyone cares about you or wants to play with you?

I never asked for any PvE server btw so go pour that selfrighteous vitriol somewhere else.

Edited by Kat

Posted

Christ it's annoying.

this!

Posted

Christ it's annoying.

Likes haven't reset for me yet today, but very well said.