• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

We have a significant PvE problem with Black Desert

142 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

We have a significant problem with Black Desert. Many people in my guild ask how they can be part of the multiplayer activities without fighting? And the obvious answer is there is no such a way. The PvE part of the game is totally single player. I will quote guild mate who says: "This is worse than GW2", another one says: "That is even worse than Neverwinter". Before the release of the game we made a significant consensus here, in this forum, that the player to player exchange of items should be allowed at least between the guild members. Now when a mate asks me, how he could to contribute to the guild with cooking, crafting, trade, the only answer is: he cannot. He shall fight or play alone. I think Daum should implement very soon some mechanisms for PvE cooperation among the players at least in the guilds, or the majority of people who want to play a MMO game will just leave Black Desert.

Edited by Ikcen
9 people like this

Posted (edited)

The no trade sucks for sure. The few that are willing to P2W are ruining it for the rest of us.

I think having a system like; can trade to guild mates after being in said guild for over 2 weeks would be a good solution.

For now, PvE can craft food and potions for the guild.

Edited by Swelly
1 person likes this

Posted

The no trade sucks for sure. The few that are willing to P2W are ruining it for the rest of us.

I think having a system like; can trade to guild mates after being in said guild for over 2 weeks would be a good solution.

For now, PvE can craft food and potions for the guild.

I think a better idea is guild gear... people could pool their crafting skills to make special guild items, something similar to guild skills.

1 person likes this

Posted

We have a significant problem with Black Desert. Many people in my guild ask how they can be part of the multiplayer activities without fighting? And the obvious answer is there is no such a way. The PvE part of the game is totally single player. I will quote guild mate who says: "This is worse than GW2", another one says: "That is even worse than Neverwinter". Before the release of the game we made a significant consensus here, in this forum, that the player to player exchange of items should be allowed at least between the guild members. Now when a mate asks me, how he could to contribute to the guild with cooking, crafting, trade, the only answer is: he cannot. He shall fight or play alone. I think Daum should implement very soon some mechanisms for PvE cooperation among the players at least in the guilds, or the majority of people who want to play a MMO game will just leave Black Desert.

Guild missions? There are gathering/trading guild missions too you know , if they dont want to fight. 

What is the point of this post? What kind of ------ is this if you just rant about something without actually providing any solution or an attempt at a solution.

12 people like this

Posted

It's a good point (although be prepared for the incoming storm of venom as you mentioned PvE in the title) 

There does seem to be little to no way to do anything meaningful while playing with friends. The lack of trade is a particularly hard hit, as I can't really help my partner gear up, bar tagging along for a grind, or even just share items with friends. 

Posted (edited)

suicide_meme__1_by_elkaez-d8owe4f.jpg

Edited by Runewolf
6 people like this

Posted

Yes this is a severe limitation on an otherwise very open game. I like the idea of only trading within guilds after a certain amount of time. That cuts out the gold sellers because no way people will add some random to the guild just because someone bought gold on a site.

Posted

I'm not religious at all, but my prayers are with you. I'd give you some kevlar if I could. Just remember (after they bomb this thread with direct insults), it's much harder to speak up than it is to stay silent and be treated poorly. :)

Posted

Omg, Ikcen you're back. ( =w=)/

True there is a lack of coöperation in the PvE aspect, it kinda died during Daum's ruthless fight to combat gold sellers.
If you are a cook you can still give food to guildies, unfortunately you can't really ask for a compensation next to pots.

Posted

For guild banks. Against player trading completely. 

Also your cooks can trade food as it is. If they REALLY wanted to help the guild out they would do it for free anyways. 

Im pretty much over fighting about trading. Just remember. When people can just start buying weapons for cash on sites. This is how it starts. 

Posted

I sure don't have any problem with Black Desert PvP/PvE .. I enjoy this game on 100% with everything it has to offer, all i would want is new classes already, fix latency/lags, bugs and just new content added in future. I don't want any changes to core mechanics, I signed for this game and for what it represent the day I bought it, I didn't buy it to force developers to change it into something i personally enjoy. If i wanted that, I would rather find game that is already what I am looking for.

3 people like this

Posted

Everything you do in this game contributes to the guild (points):
Gathering
Cooking
Fishing
Grinding
And all that other stuff

-

No player trading is good, finally something different.
In this way it's more unlikely for a select group of players to have a monopoly on things.

On the other hand i also have to agree i have problems with getting a party to kill mobs, it sometimes feels like a single player game. :3
If i post in the channel chat for a party i only get guild recruits. xD

Posted

I'm thinking actually about something like a "guild bank / market", if players can't trade items to guild mates, there should be possibility to sell it to guild mates... to keep it away from AH and enemies... It's still better then nothing...

Also i mean "bank / market", because there could be something similiar to guild bank like in WoW... Guild could collect(or buy) good food and distribute it for guild events, to dont force one guy to trade everybody.. lulz

But as long this would happen in guild, there should be removed 35% tax for sure... maybe let's say there could be 5-10% tax going to guild vault.

Posted

Best Singleplayer mmo WORLD ...

90 % grinding (alone)  and horseriding (alone)  ...a bit of fishing (alone) ...and a  tiny tiny bit of pvp ...

oh iforgot the boss scrolls !FInally u got your true MMO adventure ! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Um... World bosses? Guild missions? Just grinding together to secure a good spot? No?

Posted

Um... World bosses? Guild missions? Just grinding together to secure a good spot? No?

The point is that there is no non-combat way to help others in the guild. The gathering missions just give the guild money, but it's not like you're working together to build a guild boat or whatever.

2 people like this

Posted

Two things, which I think you missed.

1) A player who's cooking can contribute by trading their cooked items.

2) There was never a consensus on the forum of whether trading should be allowed or not.  Actually it was a fairly even 50 / 50 split, varying on some polls leaning more towards absolutely no trading, and on other to a bit of trading.  This variation never being more than 1-2%.

Posted

The fact that Agerian is 50x the price it is now is because player to player trading. Player to market to other player trading is all we really need.

Posted

The crafters help build structures and cannons and food and elixirs for sieges, they can also contribute to guild through the gathering quests which nets them money for Guild boss scrolls which they can participate in to help gear everyone in the guild, and of course you can always quest, farm, and chat together.....

you have to actively contribute, not just drop off your share of wood planks into the guild storage and dissapear for another week until someone else coerces you into helping.

Posted

I'm thinking actually about something like a "guild bank / market", if players can't trade items to guild mates, there should be possibility to sell it to guild mates... to keep it away from AH and enemies... It's still better then nothing...

Also i mean "bank / market", because there could be something similiar to guild bank like in WoW... Guild could collect(or buy) good food and distribute it for guild events, to dont force one guy to trade everybody.. lulz

But as long this would happen in guild, there should be removed 35% tax for sure... maybe let's say there could be 5-10% tax going to guild vault.

That already exists in the game, its called a guild auction house and can be obtained by a guild by biding on ot and wining the bet. That said the guild auction houses are not yet in the game they come with the node wars patch 

Posted (edited)

kill everything let one persion loot /rotate 1 person every x hours or Day, 

the Game right now is you have you get the item/s you,re self no relying on Others for it, -except Market -but even then it can be hit and miss with it.

((this is where being a solo player Self reliant comes into play))

Edited by Lasarith

Posted

The point is that there is no non-combat way to help others in the guild. The gathering missions just give the guild money, but it's not like you're working together to build a guild boat or whatever.

You can hand them consumables. Become the cook/alchemist for the guild and keep everyone supplied.

Gathering missions give the guild money which in turn gives you more money to give to the guild thus helping everyone.

Guild missions also give guild XP which in turn gives everyone passive perks for leveling up.

Any way you look at it, gold sellers WILL find a way to abuse a system involving player trading. The current system to stop it is working.

Posted

Yes this is a severe limitation on an otherwise very open game. I like the idea of only trading within guilds after a certain amount of time. That cuts out the gold sellers because no way people will add some random to the guild just because someone bought gold on a site.

This was an idea of mine I submitted weeks ago. I hope that if others suggest it, it would happen.  Also, once the item(s) were traded, they would have 0 value on the market or to a merchant but would be family bound.  They tried to implement the last part with food and stuff but made it character bound instead of family bound. Ooooops!

Posted

Actually everything you do contributes to guild points which, in turn, is used to offer passive bonuses to the entire guild.

My guild has +1 fishing and +1 gathering and we're really small.

Posted

Absolutely agree - Would love to go on a guild harvesting trip and collectively get/craft all the mats to build a fishing boat together or some other project..

If a guildy is crafting something and he's short of a couple of items, why shouldn't I be allowed to give the guy what he needs, or trade something with him?!