• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Interview with DaumGames EU

491 posts in this topic

Posted

No info on new classes - disappointed. There's planty of content indeed but feels punished when everyone is level 56 (from competitive scene) and my class ain't even there. What's next? Level 60 unlocked and than finaly we can start progressing our characters? It's only Life Skills, level, skillpoints, weapons, breath, health, strenght that we will have to catch up with - not a big deal, right?...

Sigh..

Oh my Lord the amount of salty tears over a class you were never promised would be released with the launch O.o

You know what - it has not been a problem so far that a new class get released down the road in MMOs.. I very much doubt it will be a problem in this game 9_9

Posted

All I read was "If you want it, you won't see it". 

Posted (edited)

I really don't like the answer to the +16-20 issue or karma system from Pearl Abyss.  Personally I don't give a fart what PA thinks we should do, I would prefer Daum to make its own changes.

Tera Online had a similar enchanting system as the +16-20 system in BDO Korea, where your item could downgrade.   Look what happened there...  So many NA and EU players got so pissed off at the system and left the Tera Devs were forced to change it, and they didn't get back half of those NA and EU players (my guildies included).  

Daum you better think long and hard about this or you can kiss your job security goodbye when your players quit out of frustration over this.  Jewelry fails should NOT lose BOTH items either, but most players only PRI 1 jewelry, or avoid it all together.  But NO ONE can avoid +16-20 and stay competitive, so prepare to piss off your customers and make them quit if you guys don't change this.

It pleases me to tell you that.. IT IS STILL LIKE THAT in TERA.
And it's a great system. Don't like it.. You really should not play Asian MMOs 
;)

I'm not sure, however, whether Im for or against +16-20. It depends on the impact on AP/DP

Edited by Ashreon

Posted (edited)

For western players, we are planning to narrow the gap regarding enchantment levels compared to Korean service.
We have already reduced the gear gap a bit in the special mode like Crimson Battlefield but it is possible to take a step further in narrowing the gap if it's necessary.

Cmon, really?

You are listening to 1% of the playerbase on forum and making changes based on their whining? 

Can you please not ruin the game for western players?

Edited by Deska
Removed to big font

Posted

We all called it, yet we're all still disappointed. "will be released soon"? Just give us a date if it's so soon.

...But no, you're going to wait until the very last day, then drop it on our laps, yeah? Like with Mediah. Their ability to hype content on any level is beyond inept.

This doesn't just apply to you. It goes to all of you throwing a fit over the use of the word "soon".
Soon is soon, calm down.

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/30/black-desert-naeu-release-schedule-for-april-june/

They had a press conference. Do some research, it's not hard. o-o  All standing around like a bunch of baby birds crying for more with your mouths open and hands out.

Posted

I thoroughly appreciate the time this team takes to talk to their player base. It is obvious they care. While there are many other MMO's that boast a community strength and respect for their players, few seem to really live up to the standard. So far they are not being ambiguous, they are being as direct as they possibly can be (without spoiling come content) .

Love what they are doing and will eagerly await every game update!

Posted (edited)

For western players, we are planning to narrow the gap regarding enchantment levels compared to Korean service.
We have already reduced the gear gap a bit in the special mode like Crimson Battlefield but it is possible to take a step further in narrowing the gap if it's necessary.

Cmon, really?

You are listening to 1% of the playerbase on forum and making changes based on their whining? 

Can you please not ruin the game for western players?

How exactly does this ruin the game? With PvP being immensely gear based, it's a very good thing the impact of further RNG-based upgrades is going to be reduced.

If anything, this change makes the game better for everyone.

Edited by gigamo

Posted (edited)

Soon™
See above™
Just stop asking™
Not at this stage™
(the same as "soon" or "never")

Edited by Deathwing

Posted

How exactly does this ruin the game? With PvP being immensely gear based, it's a very good thing the impact of further RNG-based upgrades is going to be reduced.

If anything, this change makes the game better for everyone.

This is not dota or counter strike, you put effort in your character, you obtain items and improve your gear.

PvE carebear community ruined PvP features, now you want to ruin new patch content?

There was no poll, nothing.. They just read some random noob post on forum and decided that the MAJORITY of Western players want to nerf 15+ gear.

Posted

BRO,I play this game since December 2014, so please don't teach me how to play this game ok? Everyone has their own opinions about "warrior" balance and if you do not agree with it, that's your problem. If you have any additional questions, feel free to private message.

I know grab problem. I Playing Valki atm, and waiting for FIX it too. 

I don't care if you've played since childbirth. 

You don't play warrior right now or at least not with the nerfs and bugs we have now because you have no idea what you're talking about. 

Please prove me wrong. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't care if you've played since childbirth. 

You don't play warrior right now or at least not with the nerfs and bugs we have now because you have no idea what you're talking about. 

Please prove me wrong. 

I am playing Valkyrie and i know what's the main problem Warrior and Valki. So sorry bro, stop and wait for server up. Thanks 

Posted (edited)

I am playing Valkyrie and i know what's the main problem Warrior and Valki. So sorry bro, stop and wait for server up. Thanks 

Its nice to have FORUM MODERATOR who is moderating PvP oriented players threads to super small fonts and supporting PvE carebears threads.

Followed by nerf based on same PvE carebear whining threads on forum. 

Well done Deska.

Edited by ServerPolice

Posted

Its nice to have FORUM MODERATOR who is moderating PvP oriented players threads to super small fonts and supporting PvE carebears threads.

You wrong, I am PvP player who kilning everyone on Jordine server :D Hope I see you when we get mega server :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

ok so you play a class that's a more viable version of my class (as I explained in a previous post) you feel that you have enough knowledge to comment on what warriors need?

Why don't you go play a warrior and gear him up, then compare performance with your Valk. I'd love for you to come back and tell me they're on the same level. 

I don't mean to argue or be rude but you need to play warrior right now to know how gimped we are. I've actually started leveling a Sorc and Ranger and it's hilarious how much better they are overall. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You wrong, I am PvP player who kilning everyone on Jordine server :D 

lol

Posted (edited)

lol

QQ_Carebear_.gif.87f78fa3f5eecfdd45cc84f

Edited by ServerPolice
1 person likes this

Posted

ok so you play a class that's a more viable version of my class (as I explained in a previous post) you feel that you have enough knowledge to comment on what warriors need?

Why don't you go play a warrior and gear him up, then compare performance with your Valk. I'd love for you to come back and tell me they're on the same level. 

I don't mean to argue or be rude but you need to play warrior right now to know how gimped we are. I've actually started leveling a Sorc and Ranger and it's hilarious how much better they are overall. 

I just telling you what one warrior from our guild doing atm. So when i see warrior killed 5 players from grind guild , super easy, well.... 

Posted

Ok...? That doesn't mean anything. 

1v5 against who? What kind of gear? Opponents' gear? 

I can 1v20 against a bunch of level 45s. Doesn't mean warriors aren't underpowered. 

Well a warrior lvl 55 pk us. i don't know his gear but about us.

Okey we are a small guild, but we got x1 53, x2 52 et x2 50. gear between +10 and +15 for most of us. When the warrior did his 100%skill he one shooted 3 of us. And he was unkillable even when we stunned him..

Posted

again they didnt answer my question xD probably because it was a stupid question but still haha

Posted

Okey we are a small guild, but we got x1 53, x2 52 et x2 50. gear between +10 and +15 for most of us. When the warrior did his 100%skill he one shooted 3 of us. And he was unkillable even when we stunned him..

The ultimate rarely ever happens. And against a similar level/gear opponent it does 30-40% damage at most. You were out geared and out level. 

Sorc and Rangers can do the same exact thing that warrior did except it doesn't need to be an ultimate. 

Posted

2 lvl difference and 100% skill... 
Reduce the 100% Spirit Skill DMG und buff the normal DMG and all will be good
It sucks to fight just for the 100% and pray to kill someone 

Posted (edited)

You wrong, I am PvP player who kilning everyone on Jordine server :D Hope I see you when we get mega server :) 

That's so cute. Many people lack of understanding that we warrior have problem with is, that equally geared and skilled warrior gets beaten by almost all classes, stands a chance against rangers and is strong against wizzards. If you played other versions of game where is your understanding how lvls and stats scaling works? Of course 140AP warrior can kill people because AP scales exponentionally. Meanwhile at that stats warrior is starting to be able to actually kill people sorc would already sh*t on them and burst in 1 combo.

It's pretty funny when players that main other classes share their opinion on class balance, I am not telling you in what state are classes I don't play and I speak of my own experience so why you are you telling how my class that you don't play is?

Edited by Amatsu

Posted

That's so cute. Many people lack of understanding that, what we warrior have problem with is that equally geared and skilled warrior gets beaten by almost all classes, stands a chance against rangers and is strong against wizzards. If you played other versions of game where is your understanding how lvls and stats scaling works? Of course 140AP warrior can kill people because AP scales exponentionaly. Meanwhile at that stats warrior is starting to be able to actually kill people sorc would already sh*t on them and burst in 1 combo.

don't worry, awe. weapons will be soooooooon :D and hope grap problem will be fixed asap. 

Posted

QQ_Carebear_.gif.87f78fa3f5eecfdd45cc84f

image.jpeg

Posted

Really appreciate the 20 different versions of "Dunno" and "Soon" though.

Thanks for the really informative Q&A Daum.

Never fail to let everyone down.