• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Story Time (The Ogre Ring)

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A few days ago, a friend, sorcerer, was grinding at ogres trying to get himself an ogre ring.  A few hours passed by and he opened a couple soiled ogre rings, getting shattered necklaces. Still upbeat, he continued on. Then a friendly guild member, a ranger , came along and asked if he could have 1 ogre. Just 1. That's it. 

"No you can't. This is my swamp." He bellowed loudly.

The ranger raced over and started attacking an ogre. But the sorcerer ran over to tag the ogre and lead it away from the archer. So far that it reset the monster.

The ranger giggled as he started attacking the ogre again. "heerheerheer.. Its all ogre now!"   It's important to mention that another guildie in the discord chat warned the sorc to not let the ranger take his ogre. 

The ogre was slain, and across the screen popped up 'RANGER' HAS GOTTEN AN OGRE RING. DEFEATED MONSTER OGRE.

The discord ERUPTED in 'OOOHHH' 'OH MY GOD' 'WHAT THE FFFFF' and general excitement and disbelief. We laughed at the misfortune of the sorc, who responded in silence for a short time.

Even now, there are tales of him running through the mansha forest ever searching for the ogre that will drop his ring. And if you listen you can hear the taunting of the ranger to this day.. 'heerheerheer.. it's all ogre now."

7ed897e430.png

I took a little creative liberty, but this is pretty much what happened.

Edited by Tittsune
10 people like this

Posted

Your story makes me sad. D:

Posted

The fact that KS'ing is so easy in this game is the larger issue and it generally only seems to happen from certain classes that are better suited to get away with it.

Posted

invisibleviolin.jpg

Posted

The fact that KS'ing is so easy in this game is the larger issue and it generally only seems to happen from certain classes that are better suited to get away with it.

Step 1 to not being KSed: don't be bad

Step 2 to not being KSed: refer to step 1

Posted

im actually the ----- that got the ring xD get rekt Joey

2016-04-03_4257f8380.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Year 3029th....still looking for the Ogre ring.

Posted

Had to update with a sad picture.

Posted (edited)

With Guildies like that, who needs enemies!

Edited by Eran
3 people like this

Posted

"No you can't. This is my swamp." He bellowed loudly.

That was the sorc's first mistake--it's a forest, not a swamp. How could he possibly hope to loot the ring of rings, that is worn on the neck, if he doesn't even know where he is!?

Posted

The thing is it's not like THAT ogre had the ring and was going to drop it for whoever killed it, it was pure RNG on the drop table when the ogre was killed, could of happened to anyone.

Posted

Can confirm story, still hunting ogres today. Till no ring.

#IsSorcinStory

1 person likes this

Posted

That was the sorc's first mistake--it's a forest, not a swamp. How could he possibly hope to loot the ring of rings, that is worn on the neck, if he doesn't even know where he is!?

Actually, the sorc's first mistake is having a side ponytail.

Posted

Can confirm story, still hunting ogres today. Till no ring.

#IsSorcinStory

zj82sg6wkcwzc3edwyfz.jpg

Posted

In the end though, I feel this is one of those things that happens in a video game that our guild will remember.

Days later from this event and many many hours of farming I have gotten an ogre ring. I was with a guild mate killing ogres with the loot set for special deals. When the ring was listed he graciously let me have it, best guild mate ever. The grind is over, life can move on.

1 person likes this

Posted

That moment when you drop your guild, flag up and break a giggling ranger's back in half with your ever so pi$$ed off staff of judgment.  XD

Posted

That moment when you drop your guild, flag up and break a giggling ranger's back in half with your ever so pi$$ed off staff of judgment.  xD

The ranger even said it when it happened. "Drop guild and kill me then come back after lolol."

1 person likes this