• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

No Means NO! PVP should be consensual(trigger warning)

269 posts in this topic

Posted

It's so much more exciting when you force the issue though.

Posted

Does anyone really expect this in an OWPVP game?

Yeah, I ask people if I can PVP them all the time.

Posted

Does anyone really expect this in an OWPVP game?

ikr.

Dude1 "Hey can i kill you since you are farming at my spot?"

Dude2 "No i don't want to pvp, just want to farm in the best spot alone"

Dude1 "K..."    *walks away*

What is this? Carebear land?

5 people like this

Posted

If you don't like PVP then just stay below lvl 50. I am going to assume you never played EVE or did but hated it. PVP is what should drive any MMO along with good Lore of course. If you could switch from PVE only server to PVP server then you could gather materials and farm risk free basically. Go to the PVP server sell em. If you could transfer back and forth then you are asking the Devs to double their server cost for Carebears. This is an MMO not Single Player online. Risk vs Reward is what drives a player to play and what they do. Things must be destroyed for new ones to emerge. I can't wait until everyone is level 50 and figured shit out and decide it's time to start mercilessly slaughtering each other. 

the problem isnt pvp or the game, its people

this is true but this game has a good system for griefers.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

After thinking about the era, the generation, and how important it is to respect others I have changed my stance on consent in PVP.

Previously in some of my posts I stated I would be against a PVE only area and making PVP consensual but I don't think it's right to freely be violated without a choice.

I have decided that it is my new stance to support consensual pvp by either bringing back a Level 49 (optional) PVP quest and resetting everyone to give them the option to do it or, if that's not possible, make a solely PVE server without PVP. 

TERA made a PVE only server ONLY for the West I'm sure it can be done here.

Until that time please respect other people and ask them if it's okay to PVP them.

Is this a joke or a troll? I can't even tell anymore. Why the hell would we ask people if it's ok to pvp them? It's a game for Christ sake and if you haven't got the skin thick enough to accept the fact that pvp is going to happen whether you like it or not then simply don't play.

I don't understand all these care bears trying to change the game and put absurd restrictions in place to hinder the experience and excitement pvp brings to the game. What's so bad about being attacked while you're training or farming? How is this frustrating when it's meant to be fun? I love it when people try to attack me. Brings so much more enjoyment to mindless grind. Sure I get there's a gear issue but that will eventually become a thing of the past and lets not forget there's CHANNELS!!! They put in channels already which should have never happened in a open world Sandbox type game. What more do you want seriously?

If you get attacked, learn to fight and if you aren't geared enough then get geared. You only have yourself to blame if you're too casual. I don't believe any game should cater to casuals as it basically restricts progression for people who actually play the game on a reg basis which would otherwise be unfair.

Just stop with this madness. That goes for all the people trying to come up with absurd suggestions like this. Pvp is fun, enjoy and embrace it. Remember it's just a game.

Edited by ZhenZhen
2 people like this

Posted

ikr.

Dude1 "Hey can i kill you since you are farming at my spot?"

Dude2 "No i don't want to pvp, just want to farm in the best spot alone"

Dude1 "K..."    *walks away*

What is this? Carebear land?

Look, you ask them. " Hey I am going to PVP you if you don't leave my spot. "

Them: " I don't want to PVP just leave me alone "

You: " OK then we can KS for mobs "

so then you try killsteal everything and whoever wins the dps race wins the pve/p fight.

Posted

Because pixels are serious business. Imagine them in RL, they probably cry or sue people for looking mean at them or cut their line at the supermarket. Bunch of sensitive snowflakes. "oh, my pixels died, oh noooo" So many of us bought this game because of lack of OW PVP/PK games lately. While they try to bring false statistics how PVE-only players are 99,999999% of the player base and how they are the kings of the game. Their entitled attitude around the forum became disgusting. Buying a game that doe snot fit you and then complain, is a fashion for obtuse people.

3 people like this

Posted

Direct from Q & A

Will you provide a server or a channel in which PvP is "flag-only" or PvE Only for those who don't like this "nonconsensual" PvP?

What are your plans regarding the rework of the Karma system?

It is inevitable not to have any kind of controversy regarding the Karma system.
Also it is impossible to prevent every abusing case or occasional cases that happen around the system.
Loop holes for abuse exist even in the remedial measures that we have discussed so far and also we experienced collateral damage in our past systems.

Opening the Valencia region and having a town and content for PK players will alleviate on-going issues with the Karma system.

We admit that the current Karma system isn't perfect.
The Karma system affects the calculation of all attacks, causing huge impact on server performance.
So unfortunately, it's hard to take direct action on this matter in short amount of time, however we will keep researching alternatives that can improve the situation.

So literally PVP and Pking are here to stay and about to get a whole lot worse for the PVE crowd. Probaly best you lot leave now before your tears turn the valencian desert in to an oasis. +1 Daum!!!

Nice try, but epic fail.

The only question that was answered was about the karma system.

The question regarding changes to PvP was not answered at all.

Posted (edited)

Nice try, but epic fail.

Nice try, but epic fail.

The answer showed that Daum is planning to fix current issues people have with the owPvP by adjusting the karma system on feedback and results.

The question regarding changes to PvP was answered, you just didn't grasp the meaning.

Edited by Yablo

Posted (edited)

All this remind me those players from my COD 1-2 era, where some players called other ones noobs and retards for killing them from back without a warning :D:D:D

LOL :D9_9

Edited by Waideus

Posted

Nice try, but epic fail.

The answer showed that Daum is planning to fix current issues people have with the owPvP by adjusting the karma system on feedback and results.

The question regarding changes to PvP was answered, you just didn't grasp the meaning.

Try and spin it how you like, fact is, two questions were asked, only one was answered.

Daum only talked about karma, they did not say anything at all about the question regarding channels with different rules, like flagging for PvP or PvE only.

They are two separate issue's, and as such were asked about separately.

So yes, I grasped the meaning of their answer just fine.

Posted

After thinking about the era, the generation, and how important it is to respect others I have changed my stance on consent in PVP.

Previously in some of my posts I stated I would be against a PVE only area and making PVP consensual but I don't think it's right to freely be violated without a choice.

I have decided that it is my new stance to support consensual pvp by either bringing back a Level 49 (optional) PVP quest and resetting everyone to give them the option to do it or, if that's not possible, make a solely PVE server without PVP. 

Until that time please respect other people and ask them if it's okay to PVP them.

This is what I think about this idea:

255c33ecb3183f029c6db7818dec66bb252df0d7 Ricky-Gervais-Cracking-Up-On-Sofa.gif

No, really, this sh1t it's too damn funny. 

Posted

Try and spin it how you like, fact is, two questions were asked, only one was answered.

Daum only talked about karma, they did not say anything at all about the question regarding channels with different rules, like flagging for PvP or PvE only.

They are two separate issue's, and as such were asked about separately.

So yes, I grasped the meaning of their answer just fine.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that Daum/PA redirects you to the karma answer because they enjoy talking about the karma system and it has no real message/reason behind it.
The only issue I see is that they didn't copy-paste the same answer under the question and replaced "karma system" with "open world pvp" so that idiots like you can't put their fingers in their ears going "lalala".

2 people like this

Posted

Yes, I'm pretty sure that Daum/PA redirects you to the karma answer because they enjoy talking about the karma system and it has no real message/reason behind it.The only issue I see is that they didn't copy-paste the same answer under the question and replaced "karma system" with "open world pvp" so that idiots like you can't put their fingers in their ears going "lalala".

Well, that did not take long did it, I was wondering when the ad hominem would arrive.

All I can say is, people in glass house's, should not throw stone's.

As for the rest of your post, if you really believe that the answer to the karma question is exactly the same as the answer to the first question, you need help, you really do.

Posted

The most common, and only OWPVP that I've engaged in is when I have entered a grinding spot and people have told me to "leave or die". While it is annoying, it's completely understandable that if you can't fight for a spot, you don't get the spot. I would be SO annoyed if I were grinding on a spot and it eventually was filled with cancer players running random routes, killing piles of mobs and ruining fast rotations because I couldn't kill them.

The only time I find OWPVP meaningless is when you have a gigantic spot of mobs and only one group of 5 which isn't farming fast enough to even eliminate 1/3 of the mob count before they re-spawn and they still tell you to gtfo. However, this has nothing to do with the part of the game, purely the shitfaced community and guilds which have their head shoved too far up their asses with the idea that they rule the channel (It's still really fun to piss them off)

Posted (edited)

I'm sick of it. One of these days people will ask for a pvp on/off button even in multiplayer shooters.

Edited by Seby
1 person likes this

Posted

Seriously though i read the Op's post and started laughing again. Seriously he must be a troll?

Nice try, but epic fail.

Its says Vlaencia update will fix the issues with pvp

http://black-desert.com/news/valencia-part-2-update-brings-major-pvp-changes/

For the better not for the the Carebears

Posted (edited)

I think I've found a solution to this problem. So read carefully,here's what you do:

-Open new tab in your browser

-Type "google.com"

-write "solitaire"

-click on the first option

-start playing

I know it might also be a bit too hardcore for some of you, but studies have shown that there's is a lesser chance to get pked there. Also, while you pve server lovers are at it, you should also go F yourselves.

Edited by SelfTitled

Posted (edited)

Seriously though i read the Op's post and started laughing again. Seriously he must be a troll?

Its says Vlaencia update will fix the issues with pvp

http://black-desert.com/news/valencia-part-2-update-brings-major-pvp-changes/

For the better not for the the Carebears

And what does that link prove with regards to your post that I replied to?

All it gives is information about the Korean version, not this one.

Edited by Excession

Posted (edited)

Sounds like you got ganked and didn't like it. 

Too bad, so sad!

This IS a PvP title. Don't like it? There's the door.

TERA died because they catered to the PvE whiners.

I mean, seriously, wtf is up with you people. Did none of you PvE whiners research this game before you purchased it? Do you all have to change everything to suit your playstyle? 

This title already punishes unwanted PvP severly compared to most, if not all MMOs on the market now.

Personally, I can't wait for nodes wars, the amount of salt generated by the PvE crowd will be glorious!

Edited by OldCuban

Posted (edited)

Proves they will only make the game more PK friendly

Edited by Noth

Posted

Doesn't no sometimes mean yes?

And what if they say "no no", does that mean no objection or double objection. I'm sorry this is just way to confusing to think about. If you are about to kill someone it really takes out the thrill to discuss what kind of no is the right one.

Posted

There's a lot of people who think part of a game is bullying. 

Therapy might help.

Posted (edited)

The base game has never changed for EU/NA version hell nothing has changed from the versions apart of some names and the level 45+ pvp. Vlencia is PVP & region expansion that revovles around Two cities. Outlaw and Karma city fighting each other why would they mess around with that.

Honestly the carebears should just leave now and save themselves all that time investment in this game. I hope the "Traders" are ready for when they can trashed by the outlaws roaming Valencia.

Edited by Soulshox

Posted

the problem isnt pvp or the game, it’s the people plebs

fixed

1 person likes this