• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

No Means NO! PVP should be consensual(trigger warning)

269 posts in this topic

Posted

switching channels or grinding spots doesn't deaktivate pvp. stupid advice

Learn to read friend, I said if you "don't want to pvp" not "if you want to turn pvp off". Most of the QQ is coming from players who get killed whilst out questing or grinding, all they have to do is find a new spot or switch to a different channel and they won't get killed by that person again. If the person keeps following them, they can report them for harassment. 

Posted

Neither is BDO a very open sandbox.

My old AO was more sandbox than this. At least we had players controlled world domination, players controlled zerg and PvP bots, players controlled PvP tournaments and yes economy too. From what I see there is zero coordinated players controlled content in BDO, just anarchy.

Posted

All these threads make it sounds like PK'ing is the same as -----, while all the comments show that the people aren't even strong enough to put up a struggle.
How do these poor PK'ers know it's non-consensual if you are not gonna put up a fight?
5704e1cb28849_Makeupartist_a6ba5a23ed326

Also didn't PA answer the question already to if we would get a carebear enviroment?

"Will you provide a server or a channel in which PvP is "flag-only" or PvE Only for those who don't like this "nonconsensual" PvP?"
See above (Karma Question)
"It is inevitable not to have any kind of controversy regarding the Karma system.
Also it is impossible to prevent every abusing case or occasional cases that happen around the system.
Loop holes for abuse exist even in the remedial measures that we have discussed so far and also we experienced collateral damage in our past systems.

Opening the Valencia region and having a town and content for PK players will alleviate on-going issues with the Karma system.

We admit that the current Karma system isn't perfect.
The Karma system affects the calculation of all attacks, causing huge impact on server performance.
So unfortunately, it's hard to take direct action on this matter in short amount of time, however we will keep researching alternatives that can improve the situation.
"

Rough translation:
The situation will better with the implementation of Valencia.
We know the system isn't perfect.
We will work to improve the system over time.

They seem to be content with changing the systems they have instead of removing systems like the flagging system from the game.
So whats gonna be the next forum hot-topic?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Learn to read friend, I said if you "don't want to pvp" not "if you want to turn pvp off". Most of the QQ is coming from players who get killed whilst out questing or grinding, all they have to do is find a new spot or switch to a different channel and they won't get killed by that person again. If the person keeps following them, they can report them for harassment. 

I have read your argument and it still makes no difference stupido...
Switching channels neither helps while you are in a pvp situation, it neither prevents all pvp situations.
So its still a stupid advice if someone "doesn't want pvp" ...
And i would actualy like to see your statistical data that most QQ is coming from ppl getting PvP on grindspots or while questing, but since you have already proven that you are just a fanboy, we can asume that you're just making this fact up to make your adivce sound less stupid.(eventho its still as stupid as before)

Edited by Faustus

Posted

All these threads make it sounds like PK'ing is the same as -----, while all the comments show that the people aren't even strong enough to put up a struggle.
How do these poor PK'ers know it's non-consensual if you are not gonna put up a fight?
5704e1cb28849_Makeupartist_a6ba5a23ed326

Also didn't PA answer the question already to if we would get a carebear enviroment?

"Will you provide a server or a channel in which PvP is "flag-only" or PvE Only for those who don't like this "nonconsensual" PvP?"
See above (Karma Question)
"It is inevitable not to have any kind of controversy regarding the Karma system.
Also it is impossible to prevent every abusing case or occasional cases that happen around the system.
Loop holes for abuse exist even in the remedial measures that we have discussed so far and also we experienced collateral damage in our past systems.

Opening the Valencia region and having a town and content for PK players will alleviate on-going issues with the Karma system.

The Karma system affects the calculation of all attacks, causing huge impact on server performance.
So unfortunately, it's hard to take direct action on this matter in short amount of time, however we will keep researching alternatives that can improve the situation.
"

Rough translation:
The situation will better with the implementation of Valencia.
We know the system isn't perfect.
We will work to improve the system over time.

They seem to be content with changing the systems they have instead of removing systems like the flagging system from the game.
So whats gonna be the next forum hot-topic?

cb3Dfsb.png

Posted

After thinking about the era, the generation, and how important it is to respect others I have changed my stance on consent in PVP.

Previously in some of my posts I stated I would be against a PVE only area and making PVP consensual but I don't think it's right to freely be violated without a choice.

I have decided that it is my new stance to support consensual pvp by either bringing back a Level 49 (optional) PVP quest and resetting everyone to give them the option to do it or, if that's not possible, make a solely PVE server without PVP. 

TERA made a PVE only server ONLY for the West I'm sure it can be done here.

Until that time please respect other people and ask them if it's okay to PVP them.

One of the biggest carebears here lol

"ERA made a PVE only server ONLY for the West I'm sure it can be done here", since Tera did it, why not us? because we arent Tera lol

Posted

"

lol so the games lagging becoz of griefers

Get rid of the karma system and just hve a toggle to switch pvp on or off,

Posted (edited)

Apart from guild wars i have actually ever only got pked twice in this game since early access and pked twice and this was over grind spots.

The way these PVE players go on about it, its like they step out of the safe zone there are people standing there waiting for them.

Edited by Soulshox

Posted

Lol. maybe just give you your own server. (Not chan). That way you couldn't switch to pvp servers when you felt safe enough. You would be stuck in the boring server with nothing to do but talk to the merchants, I dare say they wouldn't even have to add a battleground either. 

Or you could just, Not level past 45. If you accidentally do, I suppose you will just have to reroll. 

Posted (edited)

And you can go back to this crap game whenever u want.Wow is the perfect example of why you don't make all the changes that whiny "i want everything easy" people ask. That's what kill good games.
It's exactly like people using cheats in solo games, and then stop playing it. It's fun 5 mins and then u get bored, because it's the difficulty and the time you have to spend that makes a game great. Wow only challenge is to manage the 20ish morons playing in raid with you, to beat down the 0challenge raidbosses, then wait half a year for the next expansion to have something to play.

If the low amount of people that want a pve only server get it (wich is very unlikely), they will just realize (too late) that this server will be boring af, a downgrade of the real game, and they will most likely start whining again to make a lot of changes, because they wanted a pve server for a game that is not meant to be pve only.

So yeah, idc if you die in a boring pve server, but you should think deeper when you ask things. Solves one tiny problem, brings tons of big problems.

People say bdo wasn't advertised as a pvp game, and it's both true and false. It's not really labeled like it on the game website, but anyone that made some research before paying for it (what normal people should do before buying a game, just saying..) would know that the game is centered a lot on pvp and you can't avoid it if you want to experience the whole content of the game (even for pve stuff). The "pve only" dreamers are just the wave of players that came at cbt2 - release, and have no clue about what the game is and what it was designed to be. From the start bdo was known as the new owpvp game and brought a lot of owpvp players. Never was it known as a "very good pve game".

And honestly, if you level your profession enough etc, you'll realize that it's not a great pve only game, too much features are missing for that, with reasons, and that's ok because it's pvpve and not pve only.

Wow is also an example of how successful an mmo can be as well though. Sure it may not be in it's golden age anymore but it's still a popular game with a lot of players and content but its old now. Imagine if WoW looked like Bdo, the subs would probably be so much higher, and I think like 5 mill play with it being like it is now. Besides, it's not just difficulty alone that makes a good game. Hard doesn't always equal fun all the time.  More often, in games like these it's the social aspects of the game that keep people playing. Making friends and being in a good guild keeps people playing even if they aren't really doing anything to progress in the game and its only better when there is a decent variety of content for group play. However, Bdo seems to be heavily lacking in this area because group play is only pushed through pvp content, and according to the numerous threads  the pvp borders on being extremely grieiving for some. You can grind alongside each other but you don't need each other except for protection. The game's overrall feel is very solo. Having no class roles, imo, makes the game feel bland in the sense that no class truly brings anything special to the group, just different types of damage. If such a variation exists i haven't seen so yet myself. I dont play Wow anymore, but i loved that whichever class i played i had a little something that no other class had, like pally lay on hands, or shammy bloodlust/heroism. Other players not just asking for you particular class but spec as well. Thats off topic....

In regards to PvP, all I can say is currently it needs tweaking, as it is now i think it will drive away a lot of players. Even people who like pvp are getting pissed at the guild war system since it has no high costs or upkeep and can be declared too freely and easily. But I knew what this game was like ahead of time watching KR/RU streams. 

Edited by Aeonixia

Posted

I have decided to support removal of karma loss system.

^^ same, I killed a wild horse yesterday because the channel bugged and it was stuck in limbo as something I could both mount and toss a lasso on... and it kept hitting me with the hooves, so I smacked it... and then I lost karma.

Remove the karma loss system!

Ofc, for real PvP, no I don't support that. And I don't support OPs idea of PvP unlock/consentual stuff either, it's open world PvP game, you knew it before you started playing, don't come in and try to enforce/change the rulesets and make the game something it is not.

Posted

Apart from guild wars i have actually ever only got pked twice in this game since early access and pked twice and this was over grind spots.

They way these PVE players go on about it, its like they step out of the safe zone there are people standing there waiting for them.

I chuckled

Posted

In fact it is very simple. The PvE is singleplayer. It may looks like a great idea - you grind solo, take the gear, go and PvP. But it does not work like this. And it cannot in an open world.

What is happening? The PvE is singleplayer, so nobody cares and needs of the PvE players. Every PvP player could kill them, because they are forced to play solo, and the other PvP players do not need them, and do not have to protect them.

I will give the old L2 as an excellent example how the things should be made. There were specialization, so the PvE player - dwarf, was important for everyone else, because they were depended on him for the resources.

Now in BDO for example I have low gathering skill, but I need platinum to improve my gear. What shall I do? I shall grind solo. But I like to fight. No matter of that, the game forces me to grind resources. Do I have a choice? No. At the same time there are guild mates with high gathering skills. Can they help me to avoid the boring grind? No. Do I need them? No. That is a result from lack of mechanism for player to player exchange of items. So I grind solo, and I do not like it, it is not fun for me. At the same time the PvE guys are forced to fight alone, and other players PK them, and they do not like it, and it is not fun for for them.

That is how the whole game is ruined, for everybody, just because the PvE is singleplayer, and there are not enough mechanisms for player to player cooperation.

Posted (edited)

I have read your argument and it still makes no difference stupido...Switching channels neither helps while you are in a pvp situation, it neither prevents all pvp situations.
And i would actualy like to see your statistical data that most QQ is coming from ppl getting PvP on grindspots or while questing, but since you have already proven that you are just a fanboy, we can asume that you're just making this fact up to make your adivce sound less stupid.(eventho its still as stupid as before)

Well, this is just a suggestion. Complete suggestion, one you could consider or not consider. But If you want to turn off pvp, you can simply not play? Again, just a suggestion;)

EDIT: Also, please dont post in the forms again if you decide to stop playing.

Edited by Voidroy

Posted

Well, this is just a suggestion. Complete suggestion, one you could consider or not consider. But If you want to turn off pvp, you can simply not play? Again, just a suggestion;)

And that is not a solution, because the PvP will become as pointless as the PvE now.

Posted

I'm not arguing with sockpupped accounts.
To many Themepark fanboys trying to hide their sandbox incompetenz behind them

Posted

After thinking about the era, the generation, and how important it is to respect others I have changed my stance on consent in PVP.

Previously in some of my posts I stated I would be against a PVE only area and making PVP consensual but I don't think it's right to freely be violated without a choice.

I have decided that it is my new stance to support consensual pvp by either bringing back a Level 49 (optional) PVP quest and resetting everyone to give them the option to do it or, if that's not possible, make a solely PVE server without PVP. 

Until that time please respect other people and ask them if it's okay to PVP them.

I would also like to see the LVL49 Quest line brought in, I have gatherers and crafters who I have running around in just an outfit which is a free kill for anyone once they go over 45 (45 is free kill for Lvl50 if they are geared!).

I have a main I will level to 50 and I will use to contest a grind spot if someone is ignorant enough to believe the area belongs to them.

So I would not like to see PVE only, but I would like the lvl49 quest to protect my alts that are unable to protect themselves.

Posted

I have read your argument and it still makes no difference stupido...

*El Stupido!

Switching channels neither helps while you are in a pvp situation, it neither prevents all pvp situations.

You're out grinding a spot on your own, suddenly someone turns up who's red and kills you. You res back to town and realise "hey, he might still be there!", so you switch to a different channel and voila! He's no longer there. Or, you get a whisper from him saying that's his grinding spot so instead of switching channels you merely find another grinding spot. Duh duh! You've avoided PvP via a simple method that doesn't involve running to the forums to cry and whine about PvPers!

I'm going to use your logic here, so stick with me if it seems completely ridiculous...but if I'm a fanboy because I disagree with you; that makes you a hater right? Ipso facto, if you hate this game why are you wasting your times on the forum of it and not playing a better game?

Posted

And that is not a solution, because the PvP will become as pointless as the PvE now.

Its a solution for him, if he doesnt play he cant complain about being bad and dieing.

I'm not arguing with sockpupped accounts.To many Themepark fanboys trying to hide their sandbox incompetenz behind them

My post count is irreverent to my suggestion. I dont post on the forms for a reasion lol.

Posted

I would also like to see the LVL49 Quest line brought in, I have gatherers and crafters who I have running around in just an outfit which is a free kill for anyone once they go over 45 (45 is free kill for Lvl50 if they are geared!).

I have a main I will level to 50 and I will use to contest a grind spot if someone is ignorant enough to believe the area belongs to them.

So I would not like to see PVE only, but I would like the lvl49 quest to protect my alts that are unable to protect themselves.

That is why you need other players to fight with you. It is a multiplayer game, or it should be.

Posted

moron01.jpg

Posted

some peoples pure lack of common sense is hurting my brain
some gaming communities have changed and or become more toxic with the years because the internet aswell as gaming is more open now which brings a younger audiance.

Consentual pvp?, please, you guys are taking way too many ques from Feminism, whats the new word for this?, Carebareism?, yeah Carebareism, if i want to pk your virtual character in a virtual world ill do so, the game was designed with this in mind, stop -----ing about everything and stop making two thousand threads about this on a daily basis, the small majority of you that are trying to get this through is doing nothing but make the forum a place where people dont want to be because all they read about when they are online is complaint after complaint.

Get -----ing good and start defending yourselves

#Carebareism

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

And you are what is wrong with this game. Its a pvp game yes it has pve in it and allot of it but still based around a pvp game..... It always has been always will be. If you dont like it dont play it simple. 

Edited by Saskl

Posted

Honestly the only option i am on board for is that

a gating quest be added at level 45 so that you cannot level past that point unless you become PVP enabled. Stops these players from affecting any end game grind spots.

Posted

lol so the games lagging becoz of griefers

Get rid of the karma system and just hve a toggle to switch pvp on or off,

I like how you just..
IGNORE THE ENTIRE MESSAGE.
But read and quote that one thing you can use to complain about owPvP.
Go see a shrink cause tunnel vision to this degree is worrisome.