• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Grunil vs Taritas; Is it worth it?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

So with the new xpac already out, I'm concerned for the armor that I had put effort to in the last patch. I WAS using 3 Taritas pieces and Agerian gloves for the attack speed, and the massive mana pool has proved to be invaluable so far, not to mention the boosts to MP scaling. I've seen the boosts to Grunil and while it provides more AP and DP, the extra 5-7 AP doesn't seem worth sacrificing my massive mana pool, and I'm not even sure if it would be more damage than the MP scaling. 

I was kind of hoping to get a frame of reference for what everyone else was doing and why?

Posted

Taritas was never worth it then and even less so now. 

So yeah go with grunil or least upgrade to agerian 

:)

1 person likes this

Posted

Taritas was never worth it then and even less so now. 

So yeah go with grunil or least upgrade to agerian 

:)

this guy has  no idea what he's talking about, but yes you still want to convert to grunil, my plan is to slot 2 patience gems into the grunil chest for an added 200 max mana which is already on par with what taritas offered. Accuracy and other stats are gonna be hard to justify though.

1 person likes this

Posted

It sort of depends on your own opinion. There is not for sure one better than the other. I am using full +15 Taritas gear. I will keep it this way, because I like the DP, Accuracy and the MP. Also I can't be arsed to replace 8 gems when I die a few times due to being PK'd or to a boss. A very good set-up is Taritas helm, armor and boots combined with grunil gloves. I however didn't want to change to Grunil because I already had blue +15 Taritas gloves who give me +2 accuracy. I do not feel the need to spend silver and time on a gear piece that only gives me 1 gem slot extra. 

Yes, full Grunil is a very viable option and the most mainstream option. However it really depends on the way you plan to gem and play. I 1v1 a lot and in those fights the extra DP Taritas gives me actually helps me a lot. Also Accuracy from the Taritas gear helps a lot against high DP players. 

If I were you I'd swap your Agerian gloves for Grunil gloves, for the extra gem slot. 

Posted

this guy has  no idea what he's talking about, but yes you still want to convert to grunil, my plan is to slot 2 patience gems into the grunil chest for an added 200 max mana which is already on par with what taritas offered. Accuracy and other stats are gonna be hard to justify though.

capped CS and +4 movement speed easily topped any benefit taritas offered 

Don't try to somehow make yourself seem superior by saying I have no idea what I'm talking about just because you felt like taritas was better

Posted

capped CS and +4 movement speed easily topped any benefit taritas offered 

Don't try to somehow make yourself seem superior by saying I have no idea what I'm talking about just because you felt like taritas was better

oh hey look another noob who doesn't realize eating food can give stats as well.

Posted (edited)

@ OP, Grunil is slightly better & a very universal set for when we all start levelling alts.

Edit: Also PK & karma system changes coming in Valencia make gem loss a non-issue from what I've read so far.

oh hey look another noob who doesn't realize eating food can give stats as well.

There's never been a superior set between Agerian & Taritas, both perform in ways the other cannot & is 100% preference, food argument also works both ways.

Edited by Shardparty
3 people like this

Posted

Grunil all around is best in slot for Wizard currently, it can provide anything Taritas/Agerian can with a little bit on top assuming making use of top tier gems across all slots. 

The real question is how heavily invested are you into your Taritas set? Full blue +15? Could stick it out and replace as needed with boss armor. Only +10? Very serious consideration into switching to full Grunil.

I'm in the already have full +15 Taritas boat and am currently stock piling, if I reach the point where I have enough materials to fully create a Grunil set and boss armors still look out of my reach, i'll commit then.

No use in wasting time and materials until you can reliably make a Grunil set the same +X enchantment as your current armor only to have it at +12 sitting in your warehouse then have a boss armor drop for you in that slot.

Posted

so i'm using full agerian , +5 shirt.gloves, others+0, should i swap helmet and boots for taritas?

Posted

When Siege rolls around this argument will cease and the Wizards and Witches will fight tooth-and-nail for Taritas armor on the market board like its black friday.

Just as in KR they too will learn. They will learn. 

There's a very, very, very good reason this flow chart shows Full Taritas or 3 Taritas + Grunil Gloves past full Grunil in upgrade path. y65qNFX.png

Posted

There's a very, very, very good reason this flow chart shows Full Taritas or 3 Taritas + Grunil Gloves past full Grunil in upgrade path. 

Legit question here, why would you only use 1 piece Grunil? The single pieces of Grunil offer nothing except DP. It seems to me using something like Agerian gloves would be better since you at least get +1 atk/cast spd from them.

Posted

Legit question here, why would you only use 1 piece Grunil? The single pieces of Grunil offer nothing except DP. It seems to me using something like Agerian gloves would be better since you at least get +1 atk/cast spd from them.

2 sockets 

1 person likes this

Posted

When Siege rolls around this argument will cease and the Wizards and Witches will fight tooth-and-nail for Taritas armor on the market board like its black friday.

Just as in KR they too will learn. They will learn. 

There's a very, very, very good reason this flow chart shows Full Taritas or 3 Taritas + Grunil Gloves past full Grunil in upgrade path. y65qNFX.png

how come ppl aint flocking for taritas now over agerian or grunil? Is it the castspeed?

Posted

2 sockets 

You can't put casting speed in gloves btw. Unless you need crit, Agerian gloves seems still a better choice to me.

Posted

2 sockets 

Ahh, yeah.. true.

Posted

So this has doubtless been answered somewhere else, but would anyone rocking the taritas w/ grunil gloves explain why it's better? To me it looks like you're sacking 130hp compared to grunil (more if you count gems) for bonus mana (lets call the bonus damage from the extra mana vs 7 dp even) and 5 accuracy, plus whatever resistance and evasion comes from the boots.

Posted

don't listen to poeples pulling "charts" and "guides" out of theire ass' as reference.

Do your math on your own and realise how stupid are 90% of the "comunity's" suggestions.

2 people like this

Posted

don't listen to poeples pulling "charts" and "guides" out of theire ass' as reference.

Do your math on your own and realise how stupid are 90% of the "comunity's" suggestions.

I'd listen to people with legit korean experience over "some guy"

http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/10/21/wizard-class-guide/

Posted

I dont get it why people dont consider 2 piece agerian 2 piece heve set.

Im currently using Agerian chest and gloves, Heve helmet and shoes. This gear combination brings me to 1900 life at lvl 55 with 5 cast speed and 5 crit.

Watching streams of popular wizards (We all know whoom im talking off :D ) makes me laugh when he is dying to a single sorc combo.

Even in arena i usually win about 80% against sorcs wich is considered the besst 1v1 class. I dont think its about my superior skill, its about my gear choice.

Maybe some ppl have heard of me im Katana from the guild dishonoured. Just to state i dont give this gear recommendation as beeing a  lvl 35 rnd witch

I'd listen to people with legit korean experience over "some guy"

http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/10/21/wizard-class-guide/

if ppl go by that guide now i know why all witch/wizards cry they are too weak

Posted (edited)

Grunil hype is real. Little do people know, that grunil isn't really better from the previous sets. It is a great choice for people playing more than one character and a "jack of all trades" armor type... but it's not perfect. In fact, it has ridiculously low base DP and that 7 more AP isn't worth the switch. Good crystals can make a difference - that's true, but with low DP you'll most propably have to make for that difference by using defensive crystals, which negate the point of having a second slot. If not, prices will kill you; grunil at the moment is one of the most expensive sets to maintain and upgrade out of two reasons - crystals (including the best, new ones) are extremely expensive and gear itself costs a lot; it's still kinda hard to obtain, unless you're exchanging your amity at the npc's. Dying during pk'ing or other random events may be very painful in this case.

A lot of people come from the themepark mmorpg's, which teached people "newer is better". This is not the case with grunil. Some classes DO benefit from wearing full grunil, or pieces of it mixed with older sets, but in overall, it's not a set worth switching to, especially if you don't sleep on money.

Edited by Narcosis

Posted

That build made me cry.

Hahaha i had exactly the same thought xD

Posted (edited)

I dont get it why people dont consider 2 piece agerian 2 piece heve set.

Im currently using Agerian chest and gloves, Heve helmet and shoes. This gear combination brings me to 1900 life at lvl 55 with 5 cast speed and 5 crit.

Watching streams of popular wizards (We all know whoom im talking off :D ) makes me laugh when he is dying to a single sorc combo.

Even in arena i usually win about 80% against sorcs wich is considered the besst 1v1 class. I dont think its about my superior skill, its about my gear choice.

Maybe some ppl have heard of me im Katana from the guild dishonoured. Just to state i dont give this gear recommendation as beeing a  lvl 35 rnd witch

if ppl go by that guide now i know why all witch/wizards cry they are too weak

Can you share please your crystal socketing gems on each part? Im curious how you reach 5cast speed and 5 crit with that setup.

Also what kind of AP/DP do you have to beat a sorc like that?

Tyvm

Edited by MaxVespir

Posted

Grunil hype is real. Little do people know, that grunil isn't really better from the previous sets. It is a great choice for people playing more than one character and a "jack of all trades" armor type... but it's not perfect. In fact, it has ridiculously low base DP and that 7 more AP isn't worth the switch. Good crystals can make a difference - that's true, but with low DP you'll most propably have to make for that difference by using defensive crystals, which negate the point of having a second slot. If not, prices will kill you; grunil at the moment is one of the most expensive sets to maintain and upgrade out of two reasons - crystals (including the best, new ones) are extremely expensive and gear itself costs a lot; it's still kinda hard to obtain, unless you're exchanging your amity at the npc's.

A lot of people come from the themepark mmorpg's, which teached people "newer is better". This is not the case with grunil. Some classes DO benefit from wearing full grunil, or pieces of it mixed with older sets, but in overall, it's not a set worth switching to, especially if you don't sleep on money.

C'mon it's more than hype like you put it to be. More like lazy poeples sitting on theire +15 whatever.

I'm a noob in BDO yet I can already make my own free and shiny gold grunil on my own (MEANS FOR FREE HI)

Wizard channel right ?

Well : AP and 2 slots per pieces is all I want.

You can twink it how you like.

Add a Liverto Weapon and you'll easely get stats like 5/5 crit 5/5 cast speed + tonz of goodies like dmg reduction or whatever fits your style...

Grunil FTW

Posted (edited)

Can you share please your crystal socketing gems on each part? Im curious how you reach 5cast speed and 5 crit with that setup,

Tyvm

sure keep in mind im ofc using a liverto staff which has 3 crit

Helm: 2x 2 cast speed

Gloves: 1x 2 Crit

Chest: 1x 100hp

Boots: 2x 25% knockdown resist or 1x 25%knockdown and 1x Movementspeed

Weapon: 2x 5 Ap gem or 2x 5 Ap +2 human dmg from Red Battlefield

Having the Agerien gloves give me the missing 1 cast speed.

The sorcs i fought have ofc all +15 with ogre ring tree spirit and pri accessoires

Im running 153ap 159 dp with 1900 hp (the ap includes my crystals) and ofc im not using sages memory in 1v1 arena environment

Edited by mouril

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0