• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Movement State Redux: Walking

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Man. I wish I could give this all the likes. Unfortunately I'm all outta likes for today.  I'm a huge supporter of this.  I think the solution is a lot simpler than let on.  I think something might have gotten lost in translation somewhere.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

This seems to be a very simple solution to the concern, and I would hope would be a relatively straightforward fix.

Posted (edited)

I wonder why they didn't bother to implement radial ui for button mapping.

Some games like FPS and TPS shooters or tank games uses them to make commands quick to access without taking up like a dozen button mapping.

Basically hold Q and you can use the mouse to cursor over or click on the command you want to do, or tap Q to do a quick action.

The problem here is that transition between stances is very very static and not flexible, possibly because when you change state, it does not take into calculation if you are moving and such, and ends up with you rolling and such.

https://d13yacurqjgara.cloudfront.net/users/170905/screenshots/801609/conceptidea.gif

Edited by Kaiserx
2 people like this

Posted

@Kaiserx that'd be really cool if we had a wheel of some sort. I'm fond of them for tabbing through things quickly and cleanly.

Posted

+1 Fully support a walking toggle!

Posted

+1 agreed, I think there was some major misunderstanding with the interview question response.

1 person likes this

Posted

+1 from me! We have such cool little details like sitting, changing poses in chairs, leaning against walls, crouching, and crawling... I'd love for walking to have a similar functionality. Something to designate when it starts and when it ends. 

Posted

+1 More RP LOVE ALWAYS STILL NEEDED! So...yes!

Posted

We shouldn't be referring to it as a 'Toggle'. Lets begin referring to it as a 'state'. You're in a crouching 'state'. A prone 'state' etc...

Posted

+1 

All my support for this!

Posted

+1 and all of my support for this! Good points have been made, plus I do agree with the OP in regards to something possibly being lost in translation. The feature is pretty much already in the game.

Posted

We shouldn't be referring to it as a 'Toggle'. Lets begin referring to it as a 'state'. You're in a crouching 'state'. A prone 'state' etc...

Changed title.

Posted

+ 1 All my yes for this. 

Posted

+1, I know this can be done in some fashion, just by looking at what "toggles" already exist. ;)

Posted

Absolutely, we need a walk toggle!

Posted

+1 !

Posted

*chucks +1 at the OP*

Good points all around.

Posted

+1

Posted

+1

Posted

This needs to happen.

Posted

+1

This would be great!

Posted

+1
Their answer about there being 'no supported toggle' was complete bull. Or at the very least, it was extremely lacking in any real elaboration or sufficiency.

Posted

What we're looking for is something along the lines of World of Warcraft automatic walking where we can type, look around and walk at the same time. Surely it isn't too hard to implement. Either way, yes yes yes!

Posted

Got a message from the CM saying they were going to make a note of this / bring it up, huzzah! Let's hope for good things.

5 people like this