• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Worth Staying Tamer for Awakening or rerolling for Plum/Kuno

44 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm stuck on if I should continue to level to 56 for awakening action in June or stop once Plum comes and/or Kuno. I do want to level both the new classes to 50 and beyond (granted I liked them), I just don't know at this point. Awakening weapons are 2 months away, I don't know if I can make it as a Tamer until then. How long is it truly to grind to 55? Since Sausan is here should  i just quit belly aching and get to 56 and pocket tamer until awakening? What are you guys going to do?

Posted

You will hardly reach 56 in the current game 55 is easy so.

Tamer is also one of the top farmers in the game if not the best after the ranger nerf.

And you want a main that is able to farm quickly so youll be able to get better gear.

For the future we will have to see the only reason tamer "sucked" in KR was because he was nerfed pretty hard but he got buffed recently which is the version we have right now.

ATM Tamers er actually really strong in small scale PVP and in GVG are one of the best chasers/assasins you can play.

Problems may only arise with 16+ but as Daum stated they want to narrow the gap between 15-20 so that might not be even a problem in our Version.

People on EU/NA flaming how bad tamers are right now just got no idea how to play them or have never fought an actually geared on cause they will rek you faster than you'd think

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Do you even tamer? How do you even chase someone when trample animation is so slow, shiftQ can only hit players running ti you and soaring kick can be used only on stunned targets or they will desinc away. Enjoy being the only squishy class that cannot do dm unless you knock down someone. If you are do deluded that tamer are fine right now you must be a 55 that fights only lvl 50 and when he dies blames gear.

And in gvg the only way to play tamer is on a tanky horse smamming roar since ur pet dies from random aoe snd u have 0 cc after that.

Edited by Pako
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Im playing Tanky tamer lv 55 atm 112 ap 175 dp (tips add on the mouse the combo WW so you dont have any Step between them ) is fast enought to catch every one ( not rangers ) if some 1 run far way from me i just jump on the mount and keep jumping ( it go faster ) and after i WW trumple until i knock them down and combo them!

PS: Incase of witch lest them start casting !  ww + space dash on them and aircombo

Edited by HotAsIce
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Do you even tamer? How do you even chase someone when trample animation is so slow, shiftQ can only hit players running ti you and soaring kick can be used only on stunned targets or they will desinc away. Enjoy being the only squishy class that cannot do dm unless you knock down someone. If you are do deluded that tamer are fine right now you must be a 55 that fights only lvl 50 and when he dies blames gear.

And in gvg the only way to play tamer is on a tanky horse smamming roar since ur pet dies from random aoe snd u have 0 cc after that.

How do you chase? with trample? you serious?

How about binding WW to an hotkey and using your dash? xD

And even in GVG if you are 54 your pet rarely dies to random AOE as his health gets an huge buff...and even then you will mostly consume him anyways for the buff alone if you fight in anything with more than 20 people involved

Edited by Krelas

Posted

How do you chase? with trample? you seriously?

How about binding WW to an hotkey and using your dash? xD

And even in GVG if you are 54 your pet rarely dies to random AOE as his health gets an huge buff...and even then you will mostly consume him anyways for the buff alone if you fight in anything with more than 20 people involved

i have ww binded and im lvl 55 and yes i just kill ppl spamming roar on my horse but when you play against someon of your skill level forgrt the chase the onky class with close to 0 mobility is valkirye every other class can easily escape. Im done arguing tho coming on the forum alltogether was a bad idea.

1 person likes this

Posted

i have ww binded and im lvl 55 and yes i just kill ppl spamming roar on my horse but when you play against someon of your skill level forgrt the chase the onky class with close to 0 mobility is valkirye every other class can easily escape. Im done arguing tho coming on the forum alltogether was a bad idea.

Might be a case of you sucking then 

Posted

sorry but evidently you have some problem, maybe computer too slow or connection with too high latency.

you can chase down every other class as you have more stamina/resources than them.

even rangers will end their stamina after a while and need to stop to recharge (that's a really small window tho), just manage better your resources.

Posted (edited)

A tamer that can't use her trample effectively, is...just no...forget it, just don't be tamer. Seriously.

It's one of the more simple starters, and if you land that, pretty much don't be a tamer, or even 90% of the classes in BDO.

The only special quality of trample is that, unless you keybind it, you can't just start it without a combo. So keybind it or use something else like scratch/flash/anything

And geez, if you can't hit when a opponent is stunned, just don't pvp in BDO. That's instant fail.

FYI: if you fail on a tamer.... you super, surely, will definitely, fail as a kuno/ninja. It's on a whole different level of complexity in pvp as a class to be competitive.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Really right now any one who says tamers are bad are listening to korean stuff that doesn't even apply to us right now, are bad, or haven't yet figure out how to bind WW. 

@Kuu , @Krelas, @HotAsIce All seem to have a firm grasp of the class and make great points.

1 person likes this

Posted

You will hardly reach 56 in the current game 55 is easy so.

Tamer is also one of the top farmers in the game if not the best after the ranger nerf.

And you want a main that is able to farm quickly so youll be able to get better gear.

For the future we will have to see the only reason tamer "sucked" in KR was because he was nerfed pretty hard but he got buffed recently which is the version we have right now.

ATM Tamers er actually really strong in small scale PVP and in GVG are one of the best chasers/assasins you can play.

Problems may only arise with 16+ but as Daum stated they want to narrow the gap between 15-20 so that might not be even a problem in our Version.

People on EU/NA flaming how bad tamers are right now just got no idea how to play them or have never fought an actually geared on cause they will rek you faster than you'd think

eh, I still am mad that our pet insta dies...

Posted

coming on the forum alltogether was a bad idea.

I know...Can't just stay away from it either... :D

1 person likes this

Posted

What annoys me the most with the tamer right now, is pretty much the same problem zerkers have.

The Soaring Kick desync.

I enjoy the tamer a lot, but I have a very hard time in PvP some time, because the grab is almost useless. People are moving so fast, and 80% of the time when I try to grab them with Soaring kick, the animation start, and 1 sec later they are out of it and I receive damages or get grab myself because the character stopped moving because I was doing Soaring kick on a ghost.

It didn't bother me too much at first, but the more I do PvP and the more I do it against good players, the more it screw me up big time.

Annoying as -----.

Posted

Awakening weapons are 2 months away...

Have they actually stated this? if so /happydance !!

Posted

have you guys gone to the battlefield? It's like a forecoming of gvg. I dunno how you guys do there but I do terrible and the desync on everyone is so bad I wonder how we'll survive in a normal gvg situation

I mean if I stop dodging for at least one second an aoe abrutly hits me and stuns me then kills me in less than 2 sec

Posted

have you guys gone to the battlefield? It's like a forecoming of gvg. I dunno how you guys do there but I do terrible and the desync on everyone is so bad I wonder how we'll survive in a normal gvg situation

I mean if I stop dodging for at least one second an aoe abrutly hits me and stuns me then kills me in less than 2 sec

I played some arena. I was alone and enemy got like 2 players. Spammed w+w whole time. Stayed alive, but didn't do any dmg either. Enemy was little bit salty. They said that i play wrong and i told them that i am tamer.

Posted

FYI: if you fail on a tamer.... you super, surely, will definitely, fail as a kuno/ninja. It's on a whole different level of complexity in pvp as a class to be competitive.

That's one hot meme you got there, if people weren't busy getting 1 knockdown and bursting other players down with 1 or 2 Shift Right clicks as Kuno then you'd be right.

Posted

That's one hot meme you got there

It's funny because it's true. I'm going lol at all the bad tamers that reroll ninja only to die while casting shadowstep.  

Posted

Just roll ranger and be OP.  

On a serious note though, tamer seems fine in pvp.  I can wreck MOST classes.  I go into it looking at it like paper rock scissors.  If you go into a group fight without rock, scissors is gonna wreck you.  If you can accept that tamer isn't a sorc/ranger, you'll be happy, because we DO fair well.  At least for now.

Don't be fooled though, a decent even geared ranger will put you down, sorc as well in most cases.  

Posted

It's funny because it's true. I'm going lol at all the bad tamers that reroll ninja only to die while casting shadowstep.  

Except it's not.

Posted (edited)

That's one hot meme you got there, if people weren't busy getting 1 knockdown and bursting other players down with 1 or 2 Shift Right clicks as Kuno then you'd be right.

A n00b sorc has a better chance of doing what you say then that. Heck a valk is harder to catch then what you suggest.

Kuno's are so easy to avoid, and counter it's not funny. You gotta be significantly better then that to be competitive as a kuno. I'll have fun watching them run around hitting nothing and proceed to walk over and kill them.

The only thing that can be abused by kuno is hiding for a poke.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Except it's not.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then, I went from a kuno main and I'm now a tamer main. Playing a kuno and pulling off what you need to do takes precision. Unlike tamer they have over a dozen skills to utilize. Tamer is straight-forward compared to them. Just like @Kuu said, if you couldn't figure out the tamer you aren't going to make for a good ninja/kuno either.   

Posted

We'll just have to agree to disagree then, I went from a kuno main and I'm now a tamer main. Playing a kuno and pulling off what you need to do takes precision. Unlike tamer they have over a dozen skills to utilize. Tamer is straight-forward compared to them. Just like @Kuu said, if you couldn't figure out the tamer you aren't going to make for a good ninja/kuno either.   

Look, I'm not saying Kuno is less difficult to play, I'm only disagreeing on the conclusion that it is magnitudes harder to play than Tamer. This might just be me personally coming from multiple other action games and so on, but I've touched her a bit on KR and I genuinely doubt the difficulty level you guys are attributing to her. Yes Tamer requires less precision due to massive range modifiers and a simple skill rotation, but I'd argue a Kuno is easier and more forgiving to play simply because she has a bigger toolkit and wider range of playstyle than Tamer. 

Posted (edited)

Look, I'm not saying Kuno is less difficult to play, I'm only disagreeing on the conclusion that it is magnitudes harder to play than Tamer. This might just be me personally coming from multiple other action games and so on, but I've touched her a bit on KR and I genuinely doubt the difficulty level you guys are attributing to her. Yes Tamer requires less precision due to massive range modifiers and a simple skill rotation, but I'd argue a Kuno is easier and more forgiving to play simply because she has a bigger toolkit and wider range of playstyle than Tamer. 

Heeeeeck no...no way, completely, no f-ing way.

That animation cancel are exact, and you have to do a multiple of them. tamer LBP is kitty play compared to that.

You must not have "dabbled" much on kuno much. No one in their right minds would put kuno technical merits on the same level of tamer to get performance out of the class.

Just fyi, here's a tips guide on kuno cancels, he's making a guide and he f- up on his own video. And yes it's long, because that's what kuno is, a very technical class.

Edited by Kuu
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Heeeeeck no...no way, completely, no f-ing way.

That animation cancel are exact, and you have to do a multiple of them. tamer LBP is kitty play compared to that.

You must not have "dabbled" much on kuno much. No one in their right minds would put kuno technical merits on the same level of tamer to get performance out of the class.

Just fyi, here's a tips guide on kuno cancels, he's making a guide and he f- up on his own video. And yes it's long, because that's what kuno is, a very technical class.

Look, I didn't say Kuno is technically easier than Tamer, you guys keep putting assumptions out in the air when I'm only stating Kuno will be an easier time than Tamer. Again, you guys are over exaggerating the execution complexity.

Edit: I'm merely making a point that if you've played any input intensive games then Kuno isn't a hard class. I will concede that it is mechanically a "difficult" class, but compared to games like Vindictus, DFO and DMC, Kuno is easy peasy to handle.

Edited by Emelentia

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0