• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Fruit of X - Farming Guide!

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Most people don't know that these fruits can be harvested (rarely) from plant breeding from your fences, and specific crops give only specific fruit. So here's a list of them!

00005203.pngAbundance - Sunflowers, Strawberry, Gr.ape, Onion

00005201.pngCrimson flame - Pepper, Garlic, Hot Pepper, Pumpkin and Olive

00005215.png Destruction - Sky mushroom, Dwarf Mushroom

00005209.png Enchantment -  Silver azalea, Fire flake flower, Silk honey grass, Dry mane grass and Sunrise herb

00005211.png Magic power - Emperor mushroom, Hump mushroom

00005205.png Nature - Carrot, Barley, Seed potato and Sweet potato

00005213.png Perfection - Fog mushroom, Arrow mushroom, Cloud mushroom

00005207.png Sun - Tomato, Paprika, Wheat and Corn

Please let me know if there's any mistake, or if you have found a fruit from other plants!

EDIT 1: As some people are getting confused, the fruits are not just obtainable from your fences. You can also get them from gathering wild herbs, plants e.g. cotton, and lumbering trees out in the fields. The fruits you get from this method are completely random though.

Edited by Deioky
45 people like this

Posted

Thank you for posting this,  I was working on my own list but you are much further ahead of me.  I am playing the RNG game with that quest that gives you the mushroom hyphas when you harvest the appropriate fruit.

Posted

I've gathered some of those from wild herbs aswell (I think it's totally random there). Plus, once I had so much RNG luck that I got two different fruits from one g----- tree (can't tell you which ones, cuz it's maintenance atm)

1 person likes this

Posted

You can harvest all type of fruits from cotton. A good way to make a lot of money.

Posted

Are you sure about specific fruits only coming from specific crops?

I've been growing carrots and have gotten Fruits of Abundance, Crimson Flame, Nature, and Sun from carrots.

Posted

Thanks! Commenting to save this post!!! :D

Posted

Are you sure about specific fruits only coming from specific crops?

I've been growing carrots and have gotten Fruits of Abundance, Crimson Flame, Nature, and Sun from carrots.

I'm about 99% sure.

I got the info from KR Alchemy Guide, and personally tested with a couple of friends on all but one (Fog Mushroom) over the past month since release.

Do prove me wrong though. Just post a screenshot of your plant breeding where you get a different fruit. I'll correct the OP.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm about 99% sure.

I got the info from KR Alchemy Guide, and personally tested with a couple of friends on all but one (Fog Mushroom) over the past month since release.

Do prove me wrong though. Just post a screenshot of your plant breeding where you get a different fruit. I'll correct the OP.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/52971-fruits-from-gatheringgardening/&do=findComment&comment=854842

Posted (edited)

Fruits can be obtained randomly from lumbering and other methods of gathering on plants. You get random fruits from each plant. I'm not sure if there's a certain loot table for them though.

My guide here is strictly on farming from fences using plant breeding. You are guaranteed a specific fruit from specific crops.

farming_fruit.thumb.jpg.63848e39477e0785

Edited by Deioky

Posted

I've got Fruit of Enchantment from flax seed right now :)

Posted

can you get them only from farming, or can you also get them from sending workes to the corresponding node? Like a "rare drop" similar to the powder of flame from copper nodes for example.

Posted

can you get them only from farming, or can you also get them from sending workes to the corresponding node? Like a "rare drop" similar to the powder of flame from copper nodes for example.

They are a manual gather only.  You can get them randomly from manually gathering any Hoe gathering, such as Cotton, Potatoes, etc etc etc.  This way is entirely random as I got around 4-5 different types back when I used to harvest Cotton.

Apparently from farming as well, but I assume that works with Farming due to using a Hoe to harvest I presume. 

Posted

Jeez you are a hero dude, thanks!

Posted

They are a manual gather only.  You can get them randomly from manually gathering any Hoe gathering, such as Cotton, Potatoes, etc etc etc.  This way is entirely random as I got around 4-5 different types back when I used to harvest Cotton.

Apparently from farming as well, but I assume that works with Farming due to using a Hoe to harvest I presume. 

Wow, you guys are thick headed...  The OP is talking about PLANT BREEDING (F1) a.k.a SEED HARVESTING on your own personal farm plot(s).  Harvesting cotton in the wild isn't what he's talking about.  This topic is ONLY about crops you GROW on your own FARM.

Look, there are 3 ways to get Fruit of X:

1) random rare bonus when hoe-ing any wild plant
2) random rare bonus when harvesting crops in your farm
3) not-random rare bonus when harvesting SEEDS in your farm.

OP is specifically talking about Case #3.  f.ex. if you plant GARLIC, let it grow to 100%, and then harvest the SEEDS, you have a %chance to get a Fruit of Crimson Flame (and ONLY a Fruit of Crimson Flame) during the harvest.  Likewise, if you plant Emperor Mushrooms and harvest the hypha, you have a %chance to get a Fruit of Magic Power (and ONLY a Fruit of Magic Power) during the harvest.

The %chance from harvesting SEEDS is (appears to be) higher than the %chance from harvesting CROPS.

So, if you are specifically looking for Fruit of Crimson Flame, plant a ton of Garlic/pepper/pumpkin/olive, let it grow to 100%, harvest the seeds only, and re-plant.  Cycle this a few times and you should wind up with several FoCF.

3 people like this

Posted

Wow, you guys are thick headed...  The OP is talking about PLANT BREEDING (F1) a.k.a SEED HARVESTING on your own personal farm plot(s).  Harvesting cotton in the wild isn't what he's talking about.  This topic is ONLY about crops you GROW on your own FARM.

Look, there are 3 ways to get Fruit of X:

1) random rare bonus when hoe-ing any wild plant
2) random rare bonus when harvesting crops in your farm
3) not-random rare bonus when harvesting SEEDS in your farm.

OP is specifically talking about Case #3.  f.ex. if you plant GARLIC, let it grow to 100%, and then harvest the SEEDS, you have a %chance to get a Fruit of Crimson Flame (and ONLY a Fruit of Crimson Flame) during the harvest.  Likewise, if you plant Emperor Mushrooms and harvest the hypha, you have a %chance to get a Fruit of Magic Power (and ONLY a Fruit of Magic Power) during the harvest.

The %chance from harvesting SEEDS is (appears to be) higher than the %chance from harvesting CROPS.

So, if you are specifically looking for Fruit of Crimson Flame, plant a ton of Garlic/pepper/pumpkin/olive, let it grow to 100%, harvest the seeds only, and re-plant.  Cycle this a few times and you should wind up with several FoCF.

Was just answering the question.  But hey, thanks for the useless double post what the OP already said.

-----wit.

Posted

Was just answering the question.  But hey, thanks for the useless double post what the OP already said.

-----wit.

You weren't answering any question, you were posting useless drivel like:  Apparently from farming as well, but I assume that works with Farming due to using a Hoe to harvest I presume. 

You don't use a Hoe to harvest off your own farm plot.  Not sure what game you're playing.

3 people like this

Posted

You weren't answering any question, you were posting useless drivel like:  Apparently from farming as well, but I assume that works with Farming due to using a Hoe to harvest I presume. 

You don't use a Hoe to harvest off your own farm plot.  Not sure what game you're playing.

The game where a guy asked if there were other ways to get fruit than farming, he got a response, and then some -----wit rages how that has nothing to do with farming and vomits the same farming response as the OP already posted.

Posted

Nothing helps like a little humility Kodiak - Malthrax is correct.

Posted

Nothing helps like a little humility Kodiak - Malthrax is correct.

No, they aren't.

While the OP was talking about farming, Encrux then asked for alternative methods for getting them or were they only from farming.  This is because the OP already did a fine job establishing that a great source of them was farming.  Where Encrux was going with it was asking where beyond farming are they available, such as was there a node you could put a worker on and they return Fruit for you similar to the rare procs you get at existing nodes (such as Powder of Darkness, Crystals, Tree Knots, etc).

I then said they were manual gather only, which they are.  You either have to manually gather them out of gathering nodes or manually gather them from farming (which I didn't know before this thread because other than onions I've never had a desire to do farming since everything is so cheap on the AH).  Then Malthrax comes in and goes crazy nutso town recovering all the same things the OP already established and no one needed repeated.  We all already understood farming seeds was the method the OP was establishing was a way to get them, but again Encrux's question was about alternative methods to get them to which my reply is relevant.

Posted

I can guarantee all of them come from gathering (yellow tier, level 2) tulips. I spend at least 1hr daily gathering tulips and i've seen them all except for the sun one. That I got from roses tho.

Posted

I can guarantee all of them come from gathering (yellow tier, level 2) tulips. I spend at least 1hr daily gathering tulips and i've seen them all except for the sun one. That I got from roses tho.

Yes. See OP's previous response that I quoted below:

Fruits can be obtained randomly from lumbering and other methods of gathering on plants. You get random fruits from each plant. I'm not sure if there's a certain loot table for them though.

My guide here is strictly on farming from fences using plant breeding. You are guaranteed a specific fruit from specific crops.

farming_fruit.thumb.jpg.6f235811191af6cc

Posted (edited)

Sorry Maywind can't see the picture :S. Just letting OP know that gathering stuff you can get them too, just in case he/she is not into farming :) I don't think i've gone past newb 2 in farming or hunting. 

Edited by aessir
crappy grammar

Posted

Sorry Maywind can't see the picture :S. Just letting OP know that gathering stuff you can get them too, just in case he/she is not into farming :) I don't think i've gone past newb 2 in farming or hunting. 

It was just a picture of me and my farm. Just fixed the pic for you. :)

Just edited the OP to clear up the confusion people are having in regards to getting fruits from gathering.

Posted

Quick question. What kind of seeds do you use when trying to get fruits? The normal ones, high quality, or special? Does it matter? Thanks a lot for taking the time to do this for everyone, very helpful!!

Posted

Quick question. What kind of seeds do you use when trying to get fruits? The normal ones, high quality, or special? Does it matter? Thanks a lot for taking the time to do this for everyone, very helpful!!

I only use special seeds. I don't believe there's any difference in % chance of getting fruits whether you're using white or blue seeds, but don't take my words for it! 

I just use blue seeds because they sell for more in the marketplace/ NPC.