• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Loyalty Shop Vs Pearl Shop

Loyalty + Pearl?   201 votes

1. 1. Should Every Pearl item be obtainable trough Increased Loyalty cost.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • yes Event quests with loyalty points

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Discuss

Why do you think its either good or bad idea + and - points

Edited by Anemoi
fixed + added stuff

Posted

There would be a slight, if not significant, loss of income for Daum if all the pearl items were available through the loyalty shop.

Posted

Would be horribly overpriced. Almost closely as a joke like the time played achievements.

Posted

There would be a slight, if not significant, loss of income for Daum if all the pearl items were available through the loyalty shop.

but loyalty costs can be set high for sets with high demand-> thinking theres lots of moving space regarding ratio of Loyalty<Pearl

Posted

No, otherwise people would never spend money.
Even if they massivly reduced the real life cost in the pearl store, people would still just save loyalty points for everything and wait a little longer for it.

2 people like this

Posted

but loyalty costs can be set high for sets with high demand-> thinking theres lots of moving space regarding ratio of Loyalty<Pearl

True, but if someone wanted something, all they'd have to do is save their free money for a couple months to get it.

Where else is Daum going to see money coming in?  New players exclusively?

I find it hard to believe that the game could keep going solely on copies bought.

Posted

to get a pet you must 5000 hours. Buying with loyalty points pearls means earning real cash in game, just flat out no. And on top of that you want loyalty points from quests. Either you are a dream or get a job if you really want put your hands on things you want but don't need. Just forget and move one. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I like how ppl are defending it in a way where the only way is to pay. A lot of ppl seemed to have gotten caught up in daum's pigeonholed of only seeing it in one way. You know in other games you could do super cool stuff in game to EARN skins and stuff? 

WOW DUDE YOU CAN EARN IN OTHER GAMES WOOOOW. People still spent money in those games though. It would be nice to earn some skins in this game that dont look like generic shit. 

One can dream. 

Edited by Mosharn
4 people like this

Posted

I like how ppl are defending it in a way where the only way is to pay. A lot of ppl seemed to have gotten caught up in daum's pigeonholed of only seeing it in one way. You know in other games you could do super cool stuff in game to EARN skins and stuff? 

WOW DUDE YOU CAN EARN IN OTHER GAMES WOOOOW. People still spent money in those games though. It would be nice to earn some skills in this game that dont look like generic shit. 

One can dream. 

What can you expect from young people born in DLC time? No wonder they are called DLC/CoD/Streamlined generation

1 person likes this

Posted

What can you expect from young people born in DLC time? No wonder they are called DLC/CoD/Streamlined generation

And what about older people born before it who understand business models and how development and operation costs aren't the same as they were 20 years ago?

Games are more complex, better looking and generally have more depth than ever but price point has been stagnant or even lowered while development costs have gone from tens of thousands to tens of millions.

I'm ok with their business model being what it is. I don't object to putting more stuff on the loyalty shop for sure, but either way I buy what I think is worth it and don't buy what I don't.

3 people like this

Posted

The only things that i would add to the loyalty shop would be breeding/death resets for horses. Otherwise, this would turn into a time vs credit card swipe debate over the same useless p2w topics.

Posted

Not every item needs to be available through the Loyalty shop.

But I would like to see some other way of obtaining loyalty in-game.

Posted

I could see old costumes reappearing in the loyalty shop after a while. Well, if they ever plan on phasing things out of the cash shop. I don't really see why they would do that in the first place though

Posted

And what about older people born before it who understand business models and how development and operation costs aren't the same as they were 20 years ago?

Games are more complex, better looking and generally have more depth than ever but price point has been stagnant or even lowered while development costs have gone from tens of thousands to tens of millions.

I'm ok with their business model being what it is. I don't object to putting more stuff on the loyalty shop for sure, but either way I buy what I think is worth it and don't buy what I don't.

They're business model is force paywalls and cash grabs on anything with utility and looks. While disabling it or implementing it on the loyalty shop at a ridiculous amount. Want inventory slots? 10 days for 1 slot in the loyalty shop. 10 DAYS. Also people need to stop with the ''buts all cosmetic stuff'' bs. No game has done it this bad and made it this obvious to pigeonholed people on paying to look the way they want to. If that wasnt bad enough they put a price tag on this f2p game.

Posted

They're business model is force paywalls and cash grabs on anything with utility and looks. While disabling it or implementing it on the loyalty shop at a ridiculous amount. Want inventory slots? 10 days for 1 slot in the loyalty shop. 10 DAYS. Also people need to stop with the ''buts all cosmetic stuff'' bs. No game has done it this bad and made it this obvious to pigeonholed people on paying to look the way they want to. If that wasnt bad enough they put a price tag on this f2p game.

Ok, and you can unlock some 30+ bag slots by doing quests.

Games are a hobby to begin with, if you don't think it's worth it don't buy it. There are clear differences between this version and the f2p servers which is a significant factor as to why I am here and not there.

The game has a ton to do and you can get a whole lot of bang for your buck out of it, up to you to decide if it's worth putting more into it or not but you really don't need to so that you can enjoy it.

Posted

Loyalty should be to buy things not available in the cash shop or the game.

Games are a hobby to begin with, if you don't think it's worth it don't buy it. There are clear differences between this version and the f2p servers which is a significant factor as to why I am here and not there.

The game has a ton to do and you can get a whole lot of bang for your buck out of it, up to you to decide if it's worth putting more into it or not but you really don't need to so that you can enjoy it.

Yes you do. Playing in rags forever and getting nothing as far as in-game rewards go absolutely makes the game unenjoyable.

Posted

Yes you do. Playing in rags forever and getting nothing as far as in-game rewards go absolutely makes the game unenjoyable.

Hyperbole aside, If you can't enjoy a game because of the way your armor looks you need to ask yourself if it's worth it to continue and figure out a way to cope, invest the money for a costume or quit.

Posted

Nope and if it would be implemented
I think costumes would be like 50,000 Loyalties

Posted

Damn that was the easiest bait ever. You went straight after the 30 bag slot thing like any one clinging to justify this games horrible ways with the cashshop. They made sure to have 0 actual options for in game looks.

There are literally 2 things different from the korean version. One, no cash shop stuff on market and two, all hair styles in character creator. Everything else is literally the same. 

The game has a lot but everything from working on your characters look is behind $$$ grabs out the ass. I understand its a hobby but you dont see gunpla ppl buying the extremely overpriced P-Bandai stuff. Theres such a thing called value for how much you spend. If it werent for the whales you would see prices being cut in half no doubt.

Posted

The business model is no excuse for 30 dollar costumes that are locked to 1 character, and locking entire features behind a paywall.

Posted

Don't be silly.

Hell you need to log in 35 days consecutively to get just 1x weight upgrade, and you know how many items are in loyalty shop?

You really think people being able to get everything from loyalty shop through 12 years will bring DAUM less income? lol

Yes.

Posted

Yes.

Lol, no. They will quit before that ever happens.

Posted

There should be many items from cash shop in loyalty one with the exceptions of *some* costumes

appearance change, awakening skill reset, etc stuff like this should be in loyalty 

Posted

There is no reason for Daum to change their current business model. You can cry, -----, moan, and complain all you want about how things are expensive. But most of you -----s don't sit there and consider the fact that this game is 30$, has no sub fee, isn't pay to win like every other version, and has more content than any game you will buy for 30$.

The loyalty shop needs to stay as it is. They have specifically put items in the loyalty shop that are pay to win items in the other versions. That's the benefit you get from loyalty.

I get so fed up with people crying about the costume prices when its literally -----ing irrelevant. If you are going to play the character you bought a costume for for at least 30 hours, you have no reason to complain about the cost. If you don't have a job, or a way to pay for cash shop items, well then you're just shit out of luck.

MMOs cost money to upkeep, and our version costs 30$ to play indefinitely. To cry about costume prices is petty as -----

3 people like this

Posted

Good luck with that! A bonus character slot costs 600 Pearls or 5000 loyalty points. How much LP do you think a $30 costume would cost even if they added this option?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0