• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is the magic crystal of extraction worth it?

94 posts in this topic

Posted

Just picked it up, but can't test it at the moment. So what do you all think about it? Those who have tried it.

Posted

Just picked it up, but can't test it at the moment. So what do you all think about it? Those who have tried it.

It's not worth losing +1 critical rate/+1 attack speed to me, but as soon as I get a Liverto to +15, I'd definitely throw an Extraction gem in there alongside a Carmae. If you're one of the people that decided to use the Krea weapon set, you could also toss it into your Krea longbow as well. 

IMO, not worth losing combat stats, unless you have a 2 socket weapon. 

Posted

I disagree with Ayl.  What's the point of having that extra damage if you are constantly spamming pots, many times faster than the cooldown allows.  With the extraction crystal I can spam Shotgun indefinitely with mana pots, allowing for much more DPS.  It also allows me to spam WoW much more, requiring less Blasting gust, once again increasing my DPS.

Get this crystal, ASAP.

Posted

Get this crystal, ASAP.

Your opinion on an item shouldn't dictate what others do.  

I disagree with Ayl.  What's the point of having that extra damage if you are constantly spamming pots, many times faster than the cooldown allows.  With the extraction crystal I can spam Shotgun indefinitely with mana pots, allowing for much more DPS.  It also allows me to spam WoW much more, requiring less Blasting gust, once again increasing my DPS.

But, I don't just farm. This gem returns a lot of mana when you shotgun or EES a pack of monsters, you're correct. It saves you potions and perhaps a bit of time. But in small-scale PvP it's not going to benefit you more than 4% attack speed and 4% critical hit rate, in my opinion. This gem is also very rare on most marketplaces from what I can tell, because it is still a highly sought after gem, and it has a high chance to break on death. If you're not 55 and confident that you'll be able to defend yourself or at least run away without dying, using such a rare gem and risking it breaking can be reason enough to wait (until you have a few backups, or you are confident that you can defend yourself). 

Posted

Your opinion on an item shouldn't dictate what others do.  

But, I don't just farm. This gem returns a lot of mana when you shotgun or EES a pack of monsters, you're correct. It saves you potions and perhaps a bit of time. But in small-scale PvP it's not going to benefit you more than 4% attack speed and 4% critical hit rate, in my opinion. This gem is also very rare on most marketplaces from what I can tell, because it is still a highly sought after gem, and it has a high chance to break on death. If you're not 55 and confident that you'll be able to defend yourself or at least run away without dying, using such a rare gem and risking it breaking can be reason enough to wait (until you have a few backups, or you are confident that you can defend yourself). 

I agree with Ayl here. I farm exclusively to make silver so I'm going to try and grab one for my 2nd slot in my liverto and keep serendia special up 24/7 for 5 crit.

I haven't personally tested it yet but based on the numbers I've read, the only gem that really competes with it is the 5Ap 2 human damage.

Posted

Let's be honest guys, we just can't burst for an extended period of time, mostly because both stamina and mana are limited, no matter what. Therefore, in my opinion, in small scale PvP, put 5 AP +2 Damages to Humans x2 on your Liverto. Burst, back, burst, back, repeat.

Posted

Let's be honest guys, we just can't burst for an extended period of time, mostly because both stamina and mana are limited, no matter what. Therefore, in my opinion, in small scale PvP, put 5 AP +2 Damages to Humans x2 on your Liverto. Burst, back, burst, back, repeat.

That might be decent for small-scale PvP, but you've also got to think of your utility while farming. You also want to maintain 5/5 buffs if you can, and you need to run a Carmae gem in your weapon to do that in the "optimal" gem build (if you have a Liverto). 

Posted

how can u reach +5 crit and +atkspeed without using +1 crit gem in ur liverto? or am i just totally blind... i have 2x 2atkspeed in my gloves, +1atkspeed/+1crit and +1 crit in my liverto

Posted

how can u reach +5 crit and +atkspeed without using +1 crit gem in ur liverto? or am i just totally blind... i have 2x 2atkspeed in my gloves, +1atkspeed/+1crit and +1 crit in my liverto

What I'd consider the best build would be two +2 attack speed gems in your gloves, a +1 attack speed/+1 critical hit rate gem in your Liverto/Kzarka, and a +1MP on Hit gem in your Liverto/Kzarka. Using buff food to compensate for the other +1 critical hit rate, as you'll be using the Serendia Special anyways most likely considering it gives +5AP, +10 Accuracy, and +1 Critical Hit Rate. 

1 person likes this

Posted

imo this gem is good only for killing daily bosses. in general i prefer +5AP for 2nd socket. mp pots nom-nom =_=

Posted

God tier in PvE but a complete waste of time for PvP basically. My long-term plan is to make a Krea bow with two of these slotted for farming and keep my +1AS +1Crit, +5AP gems in my Liverto.

Posted (edited)

God tier in PvE but a complete waste of time for PvP basically. My long-term plan is to make a Krea bow with two of these slotted for farming and keep my +1AS +1Crit, +5AP gems in my Liverto.

I really like that idea. Krea is very good maybe beating liverto for pve while yuria is very strong for pvp. Ultimate yuria is not worse than liverto considered the cost that could be spent on better jewelry until a lucky zaka drops. 

Two mana gem should make for easy farming and tbh small scale pvp doesn't matter enough and u should always have time to run away or don't care aber being a little bit stronger. 

Edited by Gudtimes

Posted

Op gem for pve. No way you can spam shotgun without this. Way more dps gain than 1 crit 1 as. And i got a yuria.

I even wonder how much mana you gain with 2 gems on single target with shotgun. If its decent ill keep it for pvp. Because nothing is more valuable than mp.

Posted (edited)

Op gem for pve. No way you can spam shotgun without this. Way more dps gain than 1 crit 1 as. And i got a yuria.

I even wonder how much mana you gain with 2 gems on single target with shotgun. If its decent ill keep it for pvp. Because nothing is more valuable than mp.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!! don't tell them !

more seriously, i'm sure it's not optimal for any kind of PvP. specially in small scale pvp / GvG.

But, as you said, i found it pretty nice in 1v1 / 1v2 / 2v2 combats. You're loosing some burst (a lot in fact !) but... this shitty crystal allow you to do some moves your opponent do not expect (even if it's not so crazy). But people are never expecting this 2-3 more shotgun/wotw coming from nowhere (for exemple). So, just for this, it fits my play style pretty well.

This, plus, PvE being a pain for me.... i'm, so, a double extraction gems user ^_^

Once again, it's a very personnal choice, and i'm 95% sure it's not optimal DPS/Burst wise in PvP.

Edited by Arte-kun

Posted

It's not worth losing +1 critical rate/+1 attack speed to me, but as soon as I get a Liverto to +15, I'd definitely throw an Extraction gem in there alongside a Carmae. If you're one of the people that decided to use the Krea weapon set, you could also toss it into your Krea longbow as well. 

IMO, not worth losing combat stats, unless you have a 2 socket weapon. 

this pretty much nails it.  I definjtely notice it, but I wouldn't use it in my final weapon..I have a blue yuria atm and plan to upgrade to ultimate so figured I'd text out this gem now since you lose it when you uprade.

On a side note, I wouldn't use this in a 2 gem weapon either, 2 5ap gems ftw

Get this crystal, ASAP.

this is a good point too. I've only been using the gem for 2 days now and It seems like I can fire off alot mode shotguns in a row than before.  Might have to test this more to make sure it's the gem allowing this 

Posted

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!! don't tell them !

more seriously, i'm sure it's not optimal for any kind of PvP. specially in small scale pvp / GvG.

But, as you said, i found it pretty nice in 1v1 / 1v2 / 2v2 combats. You're loosing some burst (a lot in fact !) but... this shitty crystal allow you to do some moves your opponent do not expect (even if it's not so crazy). But people are never expecting this 2-3 more shotgun/wotw coming from nowhere (for exemple). So, just for this, it fits my play style pretty well.

This, plus, PvE being a pain for me.... i'm, so, a double extraction gems user ^_^

Once again, it's a very personnal choice, and i'm 95% sure it's not optimal DPS/Burst wise in PvP.

well i was asking, because i cant get a liverto since the time ... but i think its easy to test on one target how many mp you get with 1 shotgun with 2 gems.

Posted

What I'd consider the best build would be two +2 attack speed gems in your gloves, a +1 attack speed/+1 critical hit rate gem in your Liverto/Kzarka, and a +1MP on Hit gem in your Liverto/Kzarka. Using buff food to compensate for the other +1 critical hit rate, as you'll be using the Serendia Special anyways most likely considering it gives +5AP, +10 Accuracy, and +1 Critical Hit Rate. 

to be fair though you are just a forumwarrior and your actual ranger is pretty shit. you write here like youre a pro but i find myself disagreeing with a lot of what you write, based on actually playing the game.

whats your AP now? awhile ago you werent even 120+. and what guild are you in?
because you have very weird recommendations that i never see any top rangers in top guild agree with.

Posted

Get this crystal, ASAP.

Its not like in pvp you are going to be constantly shotgunning 5+ people at once. And in pve we dont need mana potions.

Posted (edited)

Irritated "Forumwarrior" Below! Caution @rwwr!

to be fair though you are just a forumwarrior and your actual ranger is pretty shit. you write here like youre a pro but i find myself disagreeing with a lot of what you write, based on actually playing the game.

whats your AP now? awhile ago you werent even 120+. and what guild are you in?
because you have very weird recommendations that i never see any top rangers in top guild agree with.

I didn't realize you had to be in a large guild or highly geared to be decently knowledgeable about a class, or the game. I'm generally top 10 in growth on any channel I'm on, and I play frequently enough to have decent gear, nowhere near as good as it could be, but decent. I can admit that I definitely do lack some mechanical skill, but that doesn't prohibit me from knowing a lot about the class and having a large deal of experience with it. 

But being serious, 120+ AP? There's been tests on NA/EU showing that Bronze out-performs the Steel in PvP and is very close behind the Steel Dagger in PvE scenarios. If you don't believe me, read through these forums. It's clear you haven't contributed much, so maybe you aren't sure how to. However, if you're using a Bronze Dagger, you're not going to be breaking 120+AP without an upgraded Liverto as well as upgraded Marks of Shadow/Witch's Earrings paired with a Tree Spirit Belt/Ogre Ring (or a TRI: Bare Necklace). I'm not sure why I'd sacrifice the majority of my accuracy for the 21AP that a +15 Steel Dagger provides. What's the AP matter if my attacks do not land, or if I miss that crucial knockdown? 

If I could supplement that accuracy with a +15 Liverto, a Tree Spirit Belt, and buff food. This Bronze vs. Steel might be a different story. But providing advice for the vast majority of players, and talking about what the top tier can afford to do, are different. Right now, with my gear, I need the accuracy from the Bronze. 

It's fine to disagree with me, opinions are opinions. I base mine off of in-game experience and discussion with other rangers. But I don't claim to be "pro" in any of my posts, and in quite a few I openly admit my flaws and acknowledge areas where I lack both skill and knowledge. If I'm proven wrong in an assumption, I usually concede to actual evidence as well. 

P.S. If you're going to interrogate me, what guild are you in? How geared is your ranger? Are you level 55, or 56? Who are these "top rangers" you speak of? As most of the ones I know agree with me when I've discussed the class with them. 

Also, this. Although, mana potions are mighty nice in PvE if you're trying to farm very quickly.  

Edited by Ayl

Posted

And in pve we dont need mana potions.

do u have yr own pocket EE?

Posted

Just levelling a ranger, what are the stats on this gem? Are they hard to come by?

Posted

Just levelling a ranger, what are the stats on this gem? Are they hard to come by?

On Alustin at least they go up quite often but get sniped immediately. They're only 300k which is probably a factor. The gem gives +1 MP back on hit, the reason this is great for Rangers is each arrow in, say, Ult: Charging Wind (which is a lot of arrows) counts as a +1 hit. So TLDR: it gives you lots of mana back when you use abilities on large packs of mobs.

1 person likes this

Posted

On Alustin at least they go up quite often but get sniped immediately. They're only 300k which is probably a factor. The gem gives +1 MP back on hit, the reason this is great for Rangers is each arrow in, say, Ult: Charging Wind (which is a lot of arrows) counts as a +1 hit. So TLDR: it gives you lots of mana back when you use abilities on large packs of mobs.

Thanks very much, im having massive mana issues at the moment, unless there are 6+ mobs my q-cancel doesnt really give me any mana back. I can get 2/3 shotguns out of my mana pool them in spent and in trouble. This could help I guess. What to you guys do to manage your MP on boss fights, I tried red nose and was just OOM for 90% of the fight..

Posted

Thanks very much, im having massive mana issues at the moment, unless there are 6+ mobs my q-cancel doesnt really give me any mana back. I can get 2/3 shotguns out of my mana pool them in spent and in trouble. This could help I guess. What to you guys do to manage your MP on boss fights, I tried red nose and was just OOM for 90% of the fight..

I bring 300 and spam TA->PW, I can get 4/5 off before I need to pot. Never done Red Nose though, only Dim Tree Spirit and Bheg.

Posted

I bring 300 and spam TA->PW, I can get 4/5 off before I need to pot. Never done Red Nose though, only Dim Tree Spirit and Bheg.

Thanks :) there is so much info on these forums its hard to keep up. Also, this is going to sound stupid, people often use the term umbrella, is it refering to Razor Wind?