• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is the magic crystal of extraction worth it?

94 posts in this topic

Posted

there's a rumour that this gem can drop from sharks and alligators (North of Mediah) while hunting. Im not sure if we have these mobs atm. Also i'd like to know what alchemy lvl do we need to craft it? Skilled (blue) 6?

I believe you only need Skilled 1, I might be wrong though :)

Posted

I noticed that I had to use a lot more mana pots last night.  Does anyone know if something changed in the patch?  Perhaps related to ranged attacks and the mobs we can hit and get mana from?   I also had really, really bad mana regen while in a group.  It seemed that hitting 10+ mobs at a time was giving less mana regen than hitting 5 mobs while solo

Did anyone else notice any difference in their mana regen since the patch?

Posted

I noticed that I had to use a lot more mana pots last night.  Does anyone know if something changed in the patch?  Perhaps related to ranged attacks and the mobs we can hit and get mana from?   I also had really, really bad mana regen while in a group.  It seemed that hitting 10+ mobs at a time was giving less mana regen than hitting 5 mobs while solo

Did anyone else notice any difference in their mana regen since the patch?

I noticed this, but i thought i was just maybe playing badly or something.

55.57 ranger, been using the crystal since 50 and never noticed it underperform till recently

Posted

I noticed this, but i thought i was just maybe playing badly or something.

55.57 ranger, been using the crystal since 50 and never noticed it underperform till recently

After a few more hours with it, it still seems to be working really well.  I think I was just in a group that was spreading the mobs too thin for me to get any decent mana regen.  

I am basically doing 4 WoW and 2 EES as my infinite loop of dps.  The EES lets me reposition, stack, and get back stamina and mana.

Posted

I managed to get this gem last week and tested it on different mobs. It's not OP, but defenitely better than +5AP for PvE.

... Also, try solo farming susans and tell me you don't need 5 shotguns in a row, It's not that one mob needs 5 shotguns, it's that the rest of those mobs also need shotguns lol

So, yeah I wasn't right, this gem is very useful for green/white mobs. It is more comfortable to grind now :)

Posted

I love the extraction gem :) was playing with it on rus as well in my liverto. What u think guys .. worth droping carmae and go extraction + power with 4as 4crit ?

Posted (edited)

I love the extraction gem :) was playing with it on rus as well in my liverto. What u think guys .. worth droping carmae and go extraction + power with 4as 4crit ?

What are you using besides Carmae? For me the optimal set-up would be Liverto with two +2 attack speed crystals in the gloves and a carmae and extraction crystal in the Liverto.

edit: Oh nevermind, I saw you were using an AP crystal in your post. Personally I'd take the carmae over the power, but it's up to you.

Edited by Noctus

Posted

Extraction gem is very much worth it if you have a liverto since you have the second weapon slot, however I personally wouldn't put it in over the carmae as getting +5 attack speed is very important.

Posted

Extraction gem is very much worth it if you have a liverto since you have the second weapon slot, however I personally wouldn't put it in over the carmae as getting +5 attack speed is very important.

I think it's pretty much a decision between Carmae/Power and Carmae/Extraction, the latter being decidedly better for farming while the former probably performs better in PvP. Just preference really, or cost since the red battlefield variant of the power gem is sort of pricey. 

Posted (edited)

Finally got my liverto to + 15 and finally got around to using this gem and in my personal opinion its awesome and game changing gem with enough mobs up I can just use shotgun non stop without ever using mana pots hell yesterday when I went from 53 - 54 grinding sausans I used more hp pots than I was using mana pots. Dont care if someone can do the math on that going without it would net a higher profit it finally made the class fun again to grind on since the nerfs we had a while back.

Edited by Zeel

Posted

This gem is amazing. 

Posted

I just got my kzarka to TRI today and I want to use kzarka for PvP. Question is, should I insert any extraction gems in my pvp bow, like does it help with anything during pvp? For instance if I get any mana back using shotgun when i pvp against 1 or groups, or should I focus on other gems instead.

Posted

I just got my kzarka to TRI today and I want to use kzarka for PvP. Question is, should I insert any extraction gems in my pvp bow, like does it help with anything during pvp? For instance if I get any mana back using shotgun when i pvp against 1 or groups, or should I focus on other gems instead.

I suggest to use the Precision gems, they are effective. Some go for the +5 AP gems though, however I prefer the precision ones.

Posted

precision gems are much better but if you're not 60 i recommend you keeping extraction gems because it makes grinding infinity times more tolerable

Posted

precision gems are much better but if you're not 60 i recommend you keeping extraction gems because it makes grinding infinity times more tolerable

I know that, but if I only focus on pvp, then I wont need extraction, right? Im not sure if extraction gem is doing any good in pvp situations

Posted (edited)

I know that, but if I only focus on pvp, then I wont need extraction, right? Im not sure if extraction gem is doing any good in pvp situations

well theres no point in focusing in pvp if you arent level 60 because the difference between rank 2 and 3 skills in the awakening tree is much more than the difference between rank 1 and 2

edit: extraction gems help sustain shotgun and descending current fire in node wars/siege and hitting multiple structures pretty much give you a full mana bar back

Edited by fewifewnewf

Posted

I never used them.

Right now I'm not using pots either though, I've got enough leftover SP to have picked the Awakening AA to the 3rd last. With the rest of the mana recovery skill memes it's easy to keep up.

Posted

Does extraction gems effect the awakening skills?

Posted

Does extraction gems effect the awakening skills?

Affects all your skills, but you will only see the "big" difference on blasting gust, wotw and shotgun. 

1 person likes this