• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvEing and PvPers Killing me

99 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm questing and I haven't really touched PvP yet, so I don't even understand it. I'm a lvl 50 and fighting these pretty tough mobs and mind you this is a huge area of mobs so there is plenty of room for other players, and these 5 Nox players come in swip the mobs I was attacking and then kill me. Why the hell do I lose XP? I haven't engaged in anyone and they can kill me and I lose PvE xp? Eitherway these Nox guys are complete douchebags to PvE players. These guys get rewarded for trashing other players and I just want to enjoy the game.

Posted

I love this game but this shit will absolutely kill the game for me. If 5 people can attack 1 person who just wants to PvE its complete bs... So they can kill me anytime I'm killing mobs, thats 1 strike... them killing me causes me to have to run back to where I was 2 strikes... me dieing causes me to lose hard earned lvl 50 XP and break my crystals... thats -----ing strike three... this behavior will kill the game for casual PvE players like myself.

Posted

welcome to the world of open PK... you've had 45 levels to figure it out.  what you're complaining about IS part of the game, hell before the western release early on in the KR version it was just open PK period, they actually added the level raise due to complaints of lowbies getting face rolled by high lvl players, now you should be on a semi equal playing ground, you should seriously look into the pvp guides for whatever classes you're playing and man up.  Getting Ganked, get some friends and don't travel solo.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't even -----ing know what PK means... I'm sorry but I'm a causal player. I have a few friends that I play with as well but we mostly do our own thing. Even if I had 5 of my friends with me that shit wouldn't have mattered. "Man up"? Maybe you should look in the -----ing mirror. So you are telling me I shouldn't PvE without 5 people... They should at least have channels where there is none of that shit for casuals and at the very least players shouldn't be punished for a bunch of players that have no regard for anyone but themselves.

Also my first reaction when I saw them was to team up, as I was typing, by the time I pressed enter they slaughtered me... so far to this point its been fun to team up with people and I have had no issue, but this is just very discouraging. These Nox guys are the first I've seen do this... It's a horrible concept for 5 people to pick on 1 weaker person.

Posted

I don't even -----ing know what PK means... I'm sorry but I'm a causal player. I have a few friends that I play with as well but we mostly do our own thing. Even if I had 5 of my friends with me that shit wouldn't have mattered. "Man up"? Maybe you should look in the -----ing mirror. So you are telling me I shouldn't PvE without 5 people... They should at least have channels where there is none of that shit for casuals and at the very least players shouldn't be punished for a bunch of players that have no regard for anyone but themselves.

Also my first reaction when I saw them was to team up, as I was typing, by the time I pressed enter they slaughtered me... so far to this point its been fun to team up with people and I have had no issue, but this is just very discouraging. These Nox guys are the first I've seen do this... It's a horrible concept for 5 people to pick on 1 weaker person.

You are free to vote here for a PVE only option ^^

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/63249-poll-would-you-elect-to-play-pve-only-bdo-if-given-the-option/&page=1

1 person likes this

Posted

This is a hilarious thread.

Posted

Whats the point for you to gear up and farm if pvp is disabled? You basicly lvl up and get better gear to defend yourself and fight others for grind spots. Or join a guild and call some friends from there to help you. Its easy there is a solution to everything. Easiest is probably to move to another place 

Posted (edited)

lol I PvP, never been into killing randoms but whatever. Thing is though why do you have to protect a spot if you are not using it? xD If that's a fun mechanic this game is ghetto AF. I mean in GW2 we fought over keeps, castles and supply camps and there was a reason, and we got points for it...in this game you fight over a patch of digital grass you may or may not use? xD smh

Edited by Tillerzz

Posted

Just change channels. Nothing you can really do when they have strength in numbers.

Posted (edited)

Whats the point for you to gear up and farm if pvp is disabled? You basicly lvl up and get better gear to defend yourself and fight others for grind spots. Or join a guild and call some friends from there to help you. Its easy there is a solution to everything. Easiest is probably to move to another place 

Maybe I don't care to PvP at the current time. Maybe I want to quest without Nox -----tards coming in a -----ing outmatching in a 5v1 random PvP matchup to get punished with PvE XP loss. Maybe a notification that they want to fight and allowing me to confirm would be too much to ask. They could cut out the XP loss from PvP which would make a lot of sense, or it would make even more sense to have a few channels where you can't randomly gang up on 1 player who is trying to PvE.

If you are in the middle of a PvP match it doesn't make sense for 5 NPC bosses that completely outmatch you to start beating the shit out of you while you fight against another player does it? If only that would happen we would see the same people supporting beating the shit out of PvEers complaining.

Edited by Roguefire

Posted

. me dieing causes me to lose hard earned lvl 50 XP and break my crystals... thats -----ing strike three... this behavior will kill the game for casual PvE players like myself.

I don't think you lose crystals to pvp deaths unless you have negative karma. Unless they're making you die to mobs somehow.

Posted

semi equal playing ground

Just LOL.

Posted

Just think of it as a playable Fantasy Movie. You are the fair maiden walking throung the woods, as the opening credits are shown. Fully engaged in plucking daisies with no thoughts about the evil in our world. Suddenly, a gang of evil highwayman come crashing out of the thicket.

In your case, the maid would cry out "Stop! That's not how it works! I have no means to defend myself against five of you!"

Now think about a more movie like outcome:

Version 1: The maid gets brutally robbed (and maybe worse!), but after this heinous deed she decides to pick up a sword. She joins a secret order of warrior princesses and learns to fight. One day, she takes bloody revenge and kills all of the bandits (aka "Get some more levels, better gear and kill them in a few weeks!")

Version 2: Just as the leading bandit closes in on the poor maiden with a toothless grin, a band of well armed nobleman approach on their mighty steeds and drive the robbers away (aka "Join a guild or pay a mercenary guild for protection).

An MMO could be full of wonderful storys. Please allow them to be told, instead of playing a mindless farming simulator!

2 people like this

Posted

You should have spent a few seconds googling BDO before pressing the buy button. You wouldn't have missed how open world PvP is a thing.

Posted

Perhaps its time to expand your horizons, then?

Posted

I am about done with this crap as well. I don't know what it is about the game devs not getting that the NA servers wont run like the ones in SK. The NA people are toxic- 5v1 is not pvp and it definitely isn't fun. I wont stick around for it.

Once they figure out a majority of the people wanting the current system don't actually pvp (5v1 must be fun), nor are they ones spending any real money in the cash shop then maybe we can get a pve channel. It is funny their defense is it will ruin the game for them when it seems ok for them to do that to others. Money is why they brought the game here, not to give you "people" open world pvp. If you think they will be ok with the current user base (it is getting smaller every day) then you are just delusional. I say not allowing people to choose will be what ruins this game.

Bottom line is money talks and they know they are watching their base get smaller and smaller every day because of the current system.

Posted (edited)

I am about done with this crap as well. I don't know what it is about the game devs not getting that the NA servers wont run like the ones in SK. The NA people are toxic- 5v1 is not pvp and it definitely isn't fun. I wont stick around for it.

Once they figure out a majority of the people wanting the current system don't actually pvp (5v1 must be fun), nor are they ones spending any real money in the cash shop then maybe we can get a pve channel. It is funny their defense is it will ruin the game for them when it seems ok for them to do that to others. Money is why they brought the game here, not to give you "people" open world pvp. If you think they will be ok with the current user base (it is getting smaller every day) then you are just delusional. I say not allowing people to choose will be what ruins this game.

Bottom line is money talks and they know they are watching their base get smaller and smaller every day because of the current system.

I can tell you that the biggest whale in this game is a hardcore PvP player.

There's someone I know whos spent over $8000 and he PK's constantly.

And alot of people in this game actually PvP. it's not a small minority.

The literal only PvE in this game is grinding and questing, after that there's nothing much to do other than life skills and PKing. I don't know about you but this game was advertised with

Open World PKING/PVP

Guild Wars

Sieges

Castle Wars

Node Resource Wars

Instanced Arenas/Battlegrounds

A whole PVP bandit city (valencia)

naval warfale

Bandit/Pirate system.

Do i need to continue?

Sorry but Open World PVPing and PKing was a big draw for this game and it was advertised constantly, why do you believe it should be taken out huh? You actually want to REMOVE  a feature from a game that brought alot of people, talk about selfish.

You could have easily just changed channels and such, besides even without PvP people would still be able to push you out of your farming spot if its 5v1 simply by killing all the mobs before you can do anything.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

Once they figure out a majority of the people wanting the current system don't actually pvp

Please link source of these statistics.

Posted

I'm questing and I haven't really touched PvP yet, so I don't even understand it. I'm a lvl 50 and fighting these pretty tough mobs and mind you this is a huge area of mobs so there is plenty of room for other players, and these 5 Nox players come in swip the mobs I was attacking and then kill me. Why the hell do I lose XP? I haven't engaged in anyone and they can kill me and I lose PvE xp? Eitherway these Nox guys are complete douchebags to PvE players. These guys get rewarded for trashing other players and I just want to enjoy the game.

Rip ... If you cant beat them join them or just leave the spot

Posted

An MMO could be full of wonderful storys. Please allow them to be told, instead of playing a mindless farming simulator!

What a great story 5v1... wonder how it plays out. Go feed that horseshit to someone else. Don't force feed people one way of playing, allow the player the freedom to choose. You like PvP? Go for it! I don't -----ing rain on your PvP parade, so don't shit on us. Why not fight with others that want to play that way??? Give us PvE servers... I like the idea of going to war and all that... but to go around with your 4 other teenage punks and stab random people in the back 5-10 levels below you is complete bullshit and unbalanced PvP that I want no part in... and once many of my friends see this shit once they hit 45 they are going to go straight back to Guild Wars 2. I brought in a ton of people to buy this game, and I can hear them already... this shit is going to drop their future profits significantly. You want to argue that PvPers are where the money is at? So ----- PvEers? That's the shittiest marking perspective I've ever heard. It's not that hard to give both types of players options, its been done in MMO's for over a decade. Give us a PvE channel... simple problem solved.

Posted

What a great story 5v1... wonder how it plays out. Go feed that horseshit to someone else. Don't force feed people one way of playing, allow the player the freedom to choose. You like PvP? Go for it! I don't -----ing rain on your PvP parade, so don't shit on us. Why not fight with others that want to play that way??? Give us PvE servers... I like the idea of going to war and all that... but to go around with your 4 other teenage punks and stab random people in the back 5-10 levels below you is complete bullshit and unbalanced PvP that I want no part in... and once many of my friends see this shit once they hit 45 they are going to go straight back to Guild Wars 2. I brought in a ton of people to buy this game, and I can hear them already... this shit is going to drop their future profits significantly. You want to argue that PvPers are where the money is at? So ----- PvEers? That's the shittiest marking perspective I've ever heard. It's not that hard to give both types of players options, its been done in MMO's for over a decade. Give us a PvE channel... simple problem solved.

Quit acting childish. If you want something for a game, request it properly and without all the negativity. If I was a dev and saw this post, I'd not think twice before going to the next one. 

Sorry to say, that is what this game is about, it focuses heavily on PvP and that might not be your thing, so what? Don't force something onto this game that it isn't just so you can enjoy it. Simply find another game or learn to play PvP. You wouldn't want GW2 devs to change the game you love to suit a small portion of the community would you? 

I love how so many people only think about themselves. "I'm not enjoying this game, so they should change it and add in a mode that I like" is basically what you said. 

Not only that, you have a single example. A single example I've read in this post. From what I can tell by reading this, this only really happened once and you are just super mad about it. You don't have to like the marketing strategy either, but to think that everyone feels that way is ignorant.

Posted

Do you people not freaking read into the game you're buying before you play it? It's an open world sandbox PVP game, for god's sake. Stop buying games because of streamers or because your friend's tell you to. Do RESEARCH before you buy and realize that in this game, PvP over grind spots and world bosses are a thing and guilds will fight to protect the right do grind past the soft-cap without someone coming in and ruining their mob spawns. 

If you don't like this, then 1) go play a different MMO or 2) join a guild and learn what this game is actually about.

Posted

Do you people not freaking read into the game you're buying before you play it? It's an open world sandbox PVP game, for god's sake. Stop buying games because of streamers or because your friend's tell you to. Do RESEARCH before you buy and realize that in this game, PvP over grind spots and world bosses are a thing and guilds will fight to protect the right do grind past the soft-cap without someone coming in and ruining their mob spawns. 

If you don't like this, then 1) go play a different MMO or 2) join a guild and learn what this game is actually about.

Ya know I think it's pretty funny to read all these comments from people that act like the current implementation of the PVP system is what Black Desert Online is supposed to have.  The PVP in Black Desert Online right now is a shell and a cracked one at that.  If we had the PVP system that is in Korea and one that we will theoretically be getting in the near future, it will alleviate most of these issues.  For now they need to move the karma penalty back to the level it was supposed to be in the first place and match the Korean version.  Then they need to start pushing to have the GvG territory node control in ASAP.  I know that's a few months away, but they really can't wait on that.  The community won't wait for their timeline.  If they do nothing, the game will suffer big time.  Not sure how most players PVP or PVEers see that as a good thing.

Posted

That's how the game you are playing works. Seriously, it's like, a core part of the game. You should have given it another thought before starting...

Anyhow, I get how it is frustrating. Also I get some people are being dbags. But sometimes it's pure competition, they probably wanted to grind that spot as a group and they had to take over. Maybe they could politely ask you to leave, but they didn't. When you are in a combat area though, these things can happen. The penalty system for negative Karma is pretty heavy (which I like it that way) so I don't think there's much more you can ask. In the end, this *is* a heavily open world pvp game, it's what is is.

My advice is to either get a guild / group of friends to play together, or avoid combat areas, or learn how to run :) When it's a more even fight, stand your ground and who knows, you might win and love it :)

Posted

Of course u will lose XP and gems..... after all they lose karma by killing you... Take into consideration that they cant kill you endlessly, they will run out of positive karma and nobody want to go to the dark side, cuz the huge bad effects that might happen. So let me ask you this kind sir, if you dont lose anything, what would stop you to just run back and continue ur KSing on their mobs :)

Think before you post, please. Thanks