• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvEing and PvPers Killing me

99 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As I said earlier: the first thing you have to understand, that Open World PvP is not about creating a fair and balanced situation where two players can test their "mad skillz" against each other. That is called Dueling. May be fun sometimes - but has NOTHING to do with PvP on a greater scale (for example between guilds). Guess what? Being successful in PvP of a greater scale is all about creating an UNFAIR situation. You absolutely want to make sure that you win.

Surprising an enemy, having a numerical superiority or a much higher level isn't unfair - it's a way to ensure your victory. As soon as you stop thinking of your personal gaming experience and more about the greater scale of war between groups / guilds you will understand.

People will steamroll you:

... to keep those mobs for them.

... to keep certain prices high to make more profit (that's why I kill other horse tamers wherever I find them).

... to keep you from leveling, because you are easier to kill (again), when you are a few levels below.

... to make you leave your guild - less members on the wrong team.

... to stimulate a rich and varied playere interaction full of player bandits, mercenary guilds protecting PVE-Players for money, paid assassins ganking rude players etc. Just be grateful, that so many PVPers are happy to play adversaries, which are more cunning, relentless and dangerous than NPC-mobs!

So stop worrying about your individual situation. When you are killed over and over, there is someone who wants you to leave / log out. Maybe you are in the wrong guild, maybe someone wants to secure resources (materials, mobs etc.) for his team, maybe it's target practice.

Edited by Harpoon1972

Posted

wel if we cant play pve enjoying the game like the profs leveling or having fun with questing and without to be attacked from pvp players than the fun is gone why the maked than a pvp on and off button if it dont work 

also pvp players are more like war people like hitler and only in group or guild the attack afk fishers or players.

I really hope the do something on that becouse are more pve players than pvp players ingame that only enjoy doing quest or working on profs .

on this way the gone lose soon allot customers or players that dont trust this company,  becouse the cant fix there bugs 

Posted (edited)

I'm questing and I haven't really touched PvP yet, so I don't even understand it. I'm a lvl 50 and fighting these pretty tough mobs and mind you this is a huge area of mobs so there is plenty of room for other players, and these 5 Nox players come in swip the mobs I was attacking and then kill me. Why the hell do I lose XP? I haven't engaged in anyone and they can kill me and I lose PvE xp? Eitherway these Nox guys are complete douchebags to PvE players. These guys get rewarded for trashing other players and I just want to enjoy the game.

At level 45 we get a button to chooise between PVP On or PVP Off. What is the purpose of such a button when u can be attacked as a NON pvptagged player by a pvp'er?

If this is ment to be an open pvp world, why create arena's or battlegrounds? Isnt that a waist of time/money?

I think the PVP button is the way to give pve players some kind of protection against UNwanted pvp play(ers). And in that case u can mix pvp and pve perfect in one world.

As I said earlier: the first thing you have to understand, that Open World PvP is not about creating a fair and balanced situation where two players can test their "mad skillz" against each other. That is called Dueling. May be fun sometimes - but has NOTHING to do with PvP on a greater scale (for example between guilds). Guess what? Being successful in PvP of a greater scale is all about creating an UNFAIR situation. You absolutely want to make sure that you win.

Surprising an enemy, having a numerical superiority or a much higher level isn't unfair - it's a way to ensure your victory. As soon as you stop thinking of your personal gaming experience and more about the greater scale of war between groups / guilds you will understand.

... to keep certain prices high to make more profit (that's why I kill other horse tamers wherever I find them).

... to keep you from leveling, because you are easier to kill (again), when you are a few levels below.

... to stimulate a rich and varied playere interaction full of player bandits, mercenary guilds protecting PVE-Players for money, paid assassins ganking rude players etc. Just be grateful, that so many PVPers are happy to play adversaries, which are more cunning, relentless and dangerous than NPC-mobs!

So stop worrying about your individual situation. When you are killed over and over, there is someone who wants you to leave / log out. Maybe you are in the wrong guild, maybe someone wants to secure resources (materials, mobs etc.) for his team, maybe it's target practice.

Any purose in killing afk fishers???? plz explain

Edited by biggnurt
mistype
1 person likes this

Posted

The fact of the matter is PvE oriented players are not enjoying this aspect of the game and there is no doubt that some will leave if a very simple solution isn't put in place. You guys are arguing against having a couple PvE channels in each server for what reason exactly? If something doesn't bother you but bothers others, and the solution doesn't effect you but helps others then what the hell are you arguing to not add a few channels that you will never join or have the freedom to continue as you are? I'm not saying remove the whole system for everyone, I'm not being selfish and saying my way is the only way, but you guys arguing against this point sure as ----- are. Think before you post, and please don't be a bigot. Give an exact reason how adding 1 or 2 channels for PvE is going to hurt you instead of spewing bullshit about "it is what it is" or "you should have researched the game before". I saw what I liked, so I bought the game... The devs seem pretty smart, and I'm sure if they see there is enough interest in PvE channels, they will cater to that.

1 person likes this

Posted

The fact of the matter is PvE oriented players are not enjoying this aspect of the game and there is no doubt that some will leave if a very simple solution isn't put in place. You guys are arguing against having a couple PvE channels in each server for what reason exactly? If something doesn't bother you but bothers others, and the solution doesn't effect you but helps others then what the hell are you arguing to not add a few channels that you will never join or have the freedom to continue as you are? I'm not saying remove the whole system for everyone, I'm not being selfish and saying my way is the only way, but you guys arguing against this point sure as ----- are. Think before you post, and please don't be a bigot. Give an exact reason how adding 1 or 2 channels for PvE is going to hurt you instead of spewing bullshit about "it is what it is" or "you should have researched the game before". I saw what I liked, so I bought the game... The devs seem pretty smart, and I'm sure if they see there is enough interest in PvE channels, they will cater to that.

Competely agree on the suggestion of creating a few PVE channels.

Posted (edited)

i agree if the dont have respect for pve players the lose 90 % or more from there customers becouse only 10 % are pvp players.

so the need to make a pve server or fixing that button so pvp players cant attack pve players  if the dont this the gone lose after 3 months allot players and there company name is destroyed also if the make new games. 

on this way a bad reputation for the company of bdo 

becouse i am also a pve player that enjoy  to do quest and grinding or working on profs 

Edited by marked

Posted

Iam happy to answer your questions:

1. Why kill afk fishers?

By killing these, I deprive enemy guilds of ressources. Less afk fishers, less gold in their pockets. I also discourage people from this activity, so me and my guild mates can fish without interference. That's PvP!

2. Why no PVE channels?

PVE channels would allow people to gather ressources without any trouble. Not only would the prices go down dramatically (no risk involved in farming high-end stuff), It would also be impossible to destroy enemy guild be "drying them out", aka keeping their members from levelling/gathering/progressing.

Posted

Thank u for answering my questions. Ur answers make sence in the view of a PVP orientated player.

But if they open pve channels people are not interested in "dryingout" other guilds. PVEérs are more into doing their professions, quests and other stuff.

Once in a  while some would like to tryout PVP and that is where (in my opinion as a pve orentated player) the pvp button becomes in play or people can switch to a pvp channel (like u can in WoW)

And about the prices going down: people will earn less silvers so the comparrison between costs and income will stay more or less same I guess?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Becose if pve players got server for them pvp players must face against other pvp geared and lvled players, and then pvp will stop being so fun when they dont have low lvl pve not geared players to kill.

2. Why no PVE channels?

PVE channels would allow people to gather ressources without any trouble. Not only would the prices go down dramatically (no risk involved in farming high-end stuff), It would also be impossible to destroy enemy guild be "drying them out", aka keeping their members from levelling/gathering/progressing.

Thats why pve players should have server for them, separate economy.

Its piss me off when bunch of kids who dont need to go work and have time to sit all day in they asses and progress much more kill me when i back from work and go do my daily quest, dont even wanna grind, just do this damn quest and back fishing or something, for me its ruin the game for now. In Blade and Soul you need wear outfit to activate PVP, there is economy and game is in good shape with many players.

Edited by Oddyss
1 person likes this

Posted

true i agree different servers pvp and pve servers only pvp players gone lose allot  players than on there server becouse i saw the most players are only pve players and  only 10 % are pvp players 

those pvp players playing like is real war to gank for fun other players   so we need to make a vote system who want pve server and pvp servers   also pve servers aand pvp servers with different channels in 

1 person likes this

Posted

On a certain level, I can understand your frustration. But if you really want to be safe sometimes, I am afraid you chose the wrong game. Just as I am forced to take part in the PVE aspects of the game, you are forced to get in touch with PVP. You simply can not quest or grind completely without the risk of interference. That's how Black Desert was planned and developed.

The future plans put even more emphasize on the PvP side of the game. Less Karma loss for PKs in the new areas, a hometown for "Red" players where they can easily repair their gear / buy / sell etc. Open World PvP will become much more dominant.

By the way - as a 43 year old husband and father who is often working 60+ hours a week, I am also not "on top of the food chain". I often have to substitute gear / levels by cunning, caution and a good portion of paranoia. But that's what makes the game so enjoyable!

Posted

Ya know I think it's pretty funny to read all these comments from people that act like the current implementation of the PVP system is what Black Desert Online is supposed to have.  The PVP in Black Desert Online right now is a shell and a cracked one at that.  If we had the PVP system that is in Korea and one that we will theoretically be getting in the near future, it will alleviate most of these issues.  For now they need to move the karma penalty back to the level it was supposed to be in the first place and match the Korean version.  Then they need to start pushing to have the GvG territory node control in ASAP.  I know that's a few months away, but they really can't wait on that.  The community won't wait for their timeline.  If they do nothing, the game will suffer big time.  Not sure how most players PVP or PVEers see that as a good thing.

This version is closer to the original version they had in mind, this one is a little more punishing for PvP players than original.  So I do agree with you that they should go back to the original concept. 

Posted

wel if the dont change than the destroy there own company becouse are more pve players than pvp players ingame and like the say on the beginning the promise a pvp on and off button but if the can not fix it than the make bad promise becouse the promised for pve players a activation button  :)

Posted

Just LOL.

I got a good chuckle out of this as well, Kat. :D

Posted

This version is closer to the original version they had in mind, this one is a little more punishing for PvP players than original.  So I do agree with you that they should go back to the original concept. 

Actually no.  They reduced the Karma level to start with, we have no GvG node territory war enabled, we have no 'pirate island' for the gankers to go to.  So what's this about original version they had in mind?  Where's this info you're talking about and how is what you have now more punishing than what was before?

Posted

Same thing happened to me and my guildmates, these kids are done.

Posted

Actually no.  They reduced the Karma level to start with, we have no GvG node territory war enabled, we have no 'pirate island' for the gankers to go to.  So what's this about original version they had in mind?  Where's this info you're talking about and how is what you have now more punishing than what was before?

Current KR version and KR beta are not the same when the term original concept is used.   The karma system was even less punishing in original.  Oh you didn't actual mean original like you mentioned did you.  You meant changed for a different audience than the western audience. 

You realize several things you mentioned are from updates which we are getting.  

becouse are more pve players than pvp players ingame

How do you know this to be true?  Are there statistics out on this?

Posted

Iam happy to answer your questions:

1. Why kill afk fishers?

By killing these, I deprive enemy guilds of ressources. Less afk fishers, less gold in their pockets. I also discourage people from this activity, so me and my guild mates can fish without interference. That's PvP!

2. Why no PVE channels?

On a certain level, I can understand your frustration. But if you really want to be safe sometimes, I am afraid you chose the wrong game. Just as I am forced to take part in the PVE aspects of the game, you are forced to get in touch with PVP. You simply can not quest or grind completely without the risk of interference. That's how Black Desert was planned and developed.

The future plans put even more emphasize on the PvP side of the game. Less Karma loss for PKs in the new areas, a hometown for "Red" players where they can easily repair their gear / buy / sell etc. Open World PvP will become much more dominant.

By the way - as a 43 year old husband and father who is often working 60+ hours a week, I am also not "on top of the food chain". I often have to substitute gear / levels by cunning, caution and a good portion of paranoia. But that's what makes the game so enjoyable!

A great series of posts here which unabashedly and without apology describes some of the motivations to pvp within this game. Although I have no interest in pvp myself I can understand the motivations of brigands such as this as they are safely pursuing these goals within this game which in the outside world would not be tolerated by the more civilized societies.

The fact must be faced that the game is indeed designed to facilitate player killing for any motivation, be it somewhat rational or not and all who have no interest in pvp will at some time have to choose to progress further opening themselves to be killed at whim with no justification provided or choose to stop their character level progress to be insulated from pvp involvement.

Yes this free for all type of pvp will keep many from ever playing this game to begin with or eventually loose interest and quit the game when their further character progress enjoyment is hampered by this pvp disadvantage, so I find that it is not surprising that the player numbers are very low for this game that offers so much beyond this pvp restriction. Possibly then Duam/PA will realize that they are loosing a much broader player base of PvE players by not providing some servers that are PvE only.

Not that it matters to me much since if player killers start to hamper my enjoyment of the game I will just move onto another one where I won't have this problem with them. Meanwhile I find things to enjoy about the game but am at least not deluding myself in thinking that at some future point in time if I wish to advance my character further that pvp will be unavoidable as the game stands now.

No surprises here Gomer.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Current KR version and KR beta are not the same when the term original concept is used.   The karma system was even less punishing in original.  Oh you didn't actual mean original like you mentioned did you.  You meant changed for a different audience than the western audience. 

You realize several things you mentioned are from updates which we are getting.  

I'm still waiting for you to give me details on this original concept and how what we have now is more punishing than what you were alluding to before.  The Karma system was more punishing here just a few months ago before some people convinced Daum to make it less punishing, so they can gank more.

And original concept is not what I said.  What I said was based on what the Korean game has, our PVP is far less severe and nowhere near the mechanics attached to it. Yes that is coming.  Our PVP is incomplete.  IE- not the way it's supposed to be.  IE- Broken right now until other game systems can be put in place.  For some PVPers to pretend this is how it is get used to it is crap.  Because it will change.  That is something you yourself just admitted that you know based on your own quote above.

Edited by QMan

Posted

You lost XP because you were engaged in PvE combat. If you are in PvP and merely hit a mob, by accident, you'll be flagged for PvE combat causing you to take PvE penalties. It's stupid.

Posted

For now they need to move the karma penalty back to the level it was supposed to be in the first place

How it is now in KR is not how it was suppose to be in the first place. 

Because it will change.  That is something you yourself just admitted that you know based on your own quote above.

By admitting content will be coming out in updates that has already been announced is admitting they are going to change the PvP system?  

Posted

I'm questing and I haven't really touched PvP yet, so I don't even understand it. I'm a lvl 50 and fighting these pretty tough mobs and mind you this is a huge area of mobs so there is plenty of room for other players, and these 5 Nox players come in swip the mobs I was attacking and then kill me. Why the hell do I lose XP? I haven't engaged in anyone and they can kill me and I lose PvE xp? Eitherway these Nox guys are complete douchebags to PvE players. These guys get rewarded for trashing other players and I just want to enjoy the game.

Working as intended

Posted

You're complaining about the nature of the game. Openworld pvp isn't so much a feature as it is part of BDO's core identity. 

Personally I'm level 53 and I legit don't know shit about this game let alone the intricacies of PvP. I've been pk'ed 4 times in total, twice while afk fishing (NOT COOL YOU GUYS). Not one MMO has ever managed to make PvP appeal to me. It's just not why I play an MMO. I generally just faff around in BDO while I'm waiting for LoL queues to pop or when I'm in a brain-afk mood, but even though I'm a PvE-only ----- here, I like the game the way it is. Knowing that I can get shafted by a bunch of turds everytime I go out to grind injects some thrill into the game. Especially 'cause I'm guildless I gotta pay attention, knowing that every white square on my radar is a potential bumble----- who'll try to kill me for whatever reason.

Point being, let the buyer beware. You bought this game. You should've known what you were buying. Which in this case would've required you to open the internet and read 'bdo is an openworld pvp game' splattered all over it. That's not to say that that's all this game has to offer, but it is an integral part of it, which you were made aware of. 

Posted

To the OP.. all I can say is go play another game.. the clowns here have no interest in helping you or answering your question properly.. thy would rather be childish losers with a git gewd mentality.  Toxic bad community is a toxic bad community.. shame too as the game does look rather nice.

1 person likes this

Posted

To the OP.. all I can say is go play another game.. the clowns here have no interest in helping you or answering your question properly.. thy would rather be childish losers with a git gewd mentality.  Toxic bad community is a toxic bad community.. shame too as the game does look rather nice.

It's called vote with your wallet. It will just become another empty game like Aion after a year lol....seen it happen hundreds of times over the past 16 years.

1 person likes this