• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvEing and PvPers Killing me

99 posts in this topic

Posted

This thread has been very interesting. So I am most likely to stay mostly PVE focused. I will be happy to do organized PVP but would never attack an unflagged player. To that end what is the best advice for a player like me? I do want to progress and I would like to play the story out.

So what is the best thing for a player like me to do when attacked? Do I fight back? Run? Just keep coming back use the Karma system against them?

Should I have an alternate set of gear and reverse grief my attackers?

How do I best discourage unsolicited PVP?

Posted

How do I best discourage unsolicited PVP?

You cant because people will kill you just for the fun of it and most alt-c to not lose karma or kill you when you are occupied with mobs etc etc 

A PVE server is the only way forward (we can only hope)

or go get yourself killed with mobs over and over to stay below 45 (this seems to be a trend thats started of suiciding to lower your xp)

or have a bit of fun understand the game will not be here long because the divisions between the 2 sides and the lack of interest from the devs and move on before the PK rampage starts.

Personally ill mess with a few of my chars and when the PVE server doesnt happen ill bin the game and move on.

Its a shame cos it is a good game. but the PVP stuff just isnt my kind of game.

Posted

1% exp at 50?

You couldn't press V? Oh no you lost about 5 minutes of time, holy shit.

Posted

You cant because people will kill you just for the fun of it and most alt-c to not lose karma or kill you when you are occupied with mobs etc etc 

or go get yourself killed with mobs over and over to stay below 45 (this seems to be a trend thats started of suiciding to lower your xp)

or have a bit of fun understand the game will not be here long because the divisions between the 2 sides and the lack of interest from the devs and move on before the PK rampage starts.

Personally ill mess with a few of my chars and when the PVE server doesnt happen ill bin the game and move on.

PVE server lols. That goes against their entire design philosophy for sandbox MMO. Hell the Valencia expansion would be trash and would need to be redesigned from the ground up. Live the dream though, hopefuly one day we can own Jetpacks in real life. We can all dream right?

Posted

Hmm yeah I can see that. I was thinking of more passive aggressive solutions. I really doubt this part of the game will change much. Perhaps the karma will adjust or the PVP level will at some point but the underlying issue of unsolicited PVP is not going anywhere.

It seems to me that as the victim I may be able to make the encounter way to expensive for them if I am feeling nasty about it.

If you have a single character go over the PVP level does that pull all of your alts into that world as well?

Posted

I'm going to make this really easy for you.

This game isn't for casual PvE players, if that is what you want then, you may as well move on.  The moment these type of games start catering for 'casuals' and 'convenience' is the moment that the game becomes shit.. just like WOW.

Posted

Nox struck me again while I was afk in Sarma Outpost. Lost XP again which I guess it doesn't matter if you are not even in combat with PvE. I didn't realize that it wasn't a safe zone. It was 5 of them again, and they were talking shit like they are so tough killing people who are afk. I hope that others have recognized this guild as scummy individuals and everyone will go into all out war with them and kill them on site. They truly are the scum of this game.

I barely ever meet players like that. If what youre saying is true then this Nox guild must be some trash that cant fight decent players so they bully lowbies.

Other than that if youre trying to farm or do quests in a farm spot by yourself. Make sure that the usualy farm route is not taken. Most groups setup a farm route when theyre farming and try not to be in the way. 

Posted

What a great story 5v1... wonder how it plays out. Go feed that horseshit to someone else. Don't force feed people one way of playing, allow the player the freedom to choose. You like PvP? Go for it! I don't -----ing rain on your PvP parade, so don't shit on us. Why not fight with others that want to play that way??? Give us PvE servers... I like the idea of going to war and all that... but to go around with your 4 other teenage punks and stab random people in the back 5-10 levels below you is complete bullshit and unbalanced PvP that I want no part in... and once many of my friends see this shit once they hit 45 they are going to go straight back to Guild Wars 2. I brought in a ton of people to buy this game, and I can hear them already... this shit is going to drop their future profits significantly. You want to argue that PvPers are where the money is at? So ----- PvEers? That's the shittiest marking perspective I've ever heard. It's not that hard to give both types of players options, its been done in MMO's for over a decade. Give us a PvE channel... simple problem solved.

Yup..give just give them one PVE channel...and watch them complain about people coming in ksing their mobs. Now I have nothing against carebears in particular but when they come in trying to ruin the game for everyone expecting everything to be easy and handed to them, it's kind of irksome. There are a lot of different training zones that you can go to and lots of channels to check out. I know it's easy to pick out the worst memories you have in this game regarding pvp but if you're really honest with yourself I think you'll find it's not nearly as terrible as you think it is and there are lots of ways to make it more enjoyable like getting a guild, finding alternative training zones, doing life skills in the meantime, etc. 

Posted

The game revolves around PVP. The #1 reason why I bought it was because it was finally an MMO that reminded me of the good old Lineage 2 (the first chronicles) with all the hardcore MMO aspects and vast open world. Open world that you actually use and explore all the time while meeting other players on the way. Unlike all the other games that call themselves MMO today where you just rush to the lvl cap and never visit any of the leveling areas again... instead, you just slack around in a safe zone while you are sitting in a queue for instances. PVP is the endgame here and like in L2 you fight over the best grind spots and the best spawn rotations of the mobs.

That being said, of course people who realize that they are hopeless in PVP will gank others 5v1. It's the only way for them. Normally when a group of people decide to take over a grind spot they will tell you to go elsewhere and perhaps poke you few times without killing you till you realize you should leave the spot. But of course there will always be a few toxic kids around for whom the only way to get their little noodle up is by winning an unfair "fight".

Posted

Carebears complaining. This game is good as it is. PvE server or Mode would ruin everything Black Desert is about.

Posted

Well it wouldn't be that bad to have channel for people who really want to.. but as said it will have its own problems x).

(not sure if u loose gems if u die from pk never had bad luck with that  but would be nice if ya did not if ya are not flagged) that's honestly only thing id want to change , don't mind dying but dealing with gems meh such a hassle xD

Posted

I have been killed maybe 4-6 times since i began grinding in lvl 50 spots a week ago.. it's a minor annoyance depending on where you spawn after you die.

But i can easily see bigger groups making life hell for players like me, just gtfo or get killed.

I don't really see what the problem would be with at pve channel though.

To all the people saying just quit, and the game is not for you.. well there is plenty of pve stuff to keep me interested so far, i haven't had this much fun in any mmo for a long time. A bigger play base i also healthier for any mmo, trading / crafting, grouping and so on is easier with more people.

i don't really get the hate for "pve" players, we just play the game like the rest of you, feeling entitled to anything in a video game is kinda silly also. Its not like you only do pvp anyway.

i hope for both side to get what they want in BDO :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have been killed maybe 4-6 times since i began grinding in lvl 50 spots a week ago.. it's a minor annoyance depending on where you spawn after you die.

But i can easily see bigger groups making life hell for players like me, just gtfo or get killed.

I don't really see what the problem would be with at pve channel though.

To all the people saying just quit, and the game is not for you.. well there is plenty of pve stuff to keep me interested so far, i haven't had this much fun in any mmo for a long time. A bigger play base i also healthier for any mmo, trading / crafting, grouping and so on is easier with more people.

i don't really get the hate for "pve" players, we just play the game like the rest of you, feeling entitled to anything in a video game is kinda silly also. Its not like you only do pvp anyway.

i hope for both side to get what they want in BDO :)

This issue is that then PvP players would go to PvE channels because they wouldn't have to fear dying, guilds would still monopolize spots simply by outnumbering you and outkilling your mobs. It would also mess up alot of the market and general purpose of the game. You can't have an open world sandbox MMO if you don't let PvP and PvE together. The moment you start catering to this kind of playstyle, BDO starts to become more themeparkish and like other MMO's (GW2, WoW for example) If you look at WoW, the biggest servers are the PvE servers and even on PvP servers like kel'thuzad, the world PvP is all but dead.

With a themepark game like this, the PvE IS Forced upon the PvP Players, while the PvP is forced on the PvE players. You have to coexist.

How can someone be a bandit in BDO if they can't attack an innocent trade wagon and it's owner? How can someone be a pirate if they can't destroy your ship and stuff? These are the systems in this game. These systems encourage fighting over bosses, grinding spots, castles. etc. Guilds can literally control area tax rates once Node wars/Sieges are out.   These are the systems in this game. These systems encourage fighting over bosses, grinding spots, castles. etc. Guilds can literally control area tax rates once Node wars/Sieges are out.

Upcoming content is called Valencia, and Valencia is literally a PKers haven and has daily quests specifying to kill other enemy players and such.

The beauty of this game is that while everything is forced together, you are free to pick and choose what you want to do. There is a real risk with every decision. If you take the PvP away, the risk becomes none, and that is something you can't have in a game such as this. Alot of current GEN MMO players are used to being safe like this. Players of games such as lineage, runescape and such will feel at home here however because they always felt a sense of danger.

At the end of the day, it's good guys vs bad guys. Band together and make a group and take out the villians.

The creators of this game have already side that the PvE and PvP are supposed to live and breathe within each other.

Edited by Catclaw
1 person likes this

Posted

PVE server lols. That goes against their entire design philosophy for sandbox MMO. 

BDO isn't a sandbox MMO.

Posted

Yeah my friend had the same thing happen to him. Just part of the game, move on. It shouldn't happen all the time anyways and most of the servers at certain times are uncrowded. I've never encountered it though, even if I did yeah you would be frustrated but who cares, it's just a game.

Posted

Close call.  I was about to buy BDO, luckily I decided to read a bit more about it before I bought.  I don't like playing PVP only games, they always end up being mostly populated by the moral empty wanna-be .

Bloody shame, it really had my taste buds watering there for a while.

Posted

The reply that some are giving to OP shows that the community has some really elitist arrogant jerks.

Posted

Close call.  I was about to buy BDO, luckily I decided to read a bit more about it before I bought.  I don't like playing PVP only games, they always end up being mostly populated by the moral empty wanna-be .

Bloody shame, it really had my taste buds watering there for a while.

one less carebear

good riddance

Posted

I know what you mean Lillen... helps sell the game to potentials...not -_-

Posted (edited)

Carebears complaining. This game is good as it is. PvE server or Mode would ruin everything Black Desert is about.

Let's see how you feel when all the carebears quit the game and the "hardcore PvPers" who aren't interested in any form of actual PvP and just want to beat up on people lacking in gear, skill or levels feel when they're fighting people who know how to PvP. 

There's a reason why every PvP-MMO that had any form of world pvp always had complete imbalance in populations, you know - it's because those "hardcore pvper's" are the carebear form of PvP. 

With all the focus on PvP, this game focuses on a ton of other things as well. The game wasn't only marketed as PvP, and there's a reason why PKing on other servers had such harsh restrictions - something NA is soon going to come to realize.

Edited by Kurostarrr

Posted

welcome to the world of open PK... you've had 45 levels to figure it out.  what you're complaining about IS part of the game, hell before the western release early on in the KR version it was just open PK period, they actually added the level raise due to complaints of lowbies getting face rolled by high lvl players, now you should be on a semi equal playing ground, you should seriously look into the pvp guides for whatever classes you're playing and man up.  Getting Ganked, get some friends and don't travel solo.

The NA version actually got a decrease on the level to unlock open PK because of PK'ers complaining that they wanted to to be able to attack anyone they wanted... the KR version unlocks world PvP at 50 -- so you can skip out on it by not finishing the Belmorn quest. The initial drop of open PK level was the result of feedback that suggested Westerners wanted a purely PvP experience.

So essentially, PK'ers forced PvP on PvE'ers -- and to be honest, that isn't fair. It wasn't part of the game until people demanded to be able to attack other people. I'm perfectly fine with PvP, myself, but I honestly there are a lot of people who get dragged into it by the lv. 45 "concession" who are just targets for griefers now. 

1 person likes this

Posted

How does this Karma system work against griefers, and is it true you are safe from ganking to level 50?

Posted (edited)

It's kind of hilarious reading you guys.

Thing is, there is less, MUCH LESS, open world PvP in this game than in wow vanilla (pvp serv).

I'm lvl 52 and I've been pk'd 2 times ! And I grind on my own, and I don't have a ghillie suit, and I never flee from a fight, even outnumbered or outgeared.

If you can't stomach being attacked once every 5 to 10 hours of playtime, then go ahead and leave the game, because there will never be a PvE mode, coz it would break their entire game.

Stop believing anything you read on these forums, outside of some grind spot, PvP is truly rare. "Hardcore" PvPers love to exaggerate their PvP experience on forums and enjoy a lot trolling PvErs.

Edited by Kheta

Posted

If you would have pressed the V button and gtfo instead of standing there you would not have lost xp and they prolly woulnt chase you if you leave the spot.

When i am in a group we do a mob rotation so we chain mob group after mob group to maximise exp per hour.

1 guy can ----- up that rotation and i instandly flag to make you go away or kill you on the spot to make sure you wont come back to that channel.

Its the way this game works as high end guilds can only compete with each other when they own a channel and the best grind spots.

You people should have known what sort of mmo this is, not our faulth you are playing an open world pvp sandbox mmo.

Want the good grind spots ? fight for it ? or go to a less viable spot and grind in peace there.

1 person likes this